No subs (you won't need them)
All abilities
ASB arena

For convenience:
Timburr @ Exp Share

Timburr [Grey] M

Nature: Adamant
Type: Fight
Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters
Stats
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 35
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

Abilities

Guts (Innate): This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.​

Sheer Force (Can be Enabled): This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.​

Iron Fist (Trait): The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon’s “Punch” attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks affected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, DynamicPunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, ThunderPunch)

EC: 2/9
MC: 0
DW: 3/5

Moves:
Pound
Leer
Focus Energy
Bide
Low Kick
Rock Throw
Wake Up Slap
Chip Away
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Wide Guard
Taunt
Brick Break
Dig
Payback
Hammer Arm​

Ice Punch​
Vs

Challenger

Accepting DFrog's Timburr challenge.

Frillish (Lir) (M)*

Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)

Type:

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Water Absorb
Innate
This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.*

Cursed Body
Innate
When this Pokemon is struck by an opponent's attack, there is a 30% chance that the attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.

Damp (DW, Locked)
Innate
This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 5/6
MC: 1
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Bubble(*)
Water Sport (*)
Absorb (*)
Night Shade (*)
Bubblebeam (*)
Recover (*)
Water Pulse (*)
Hydro Pump

Acid Armor (*)
Confuse Ray (*)
Pain Split (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Shadow Ball (*)
Scald (*)

Magic Coat
Giga Drain

He will be evolving during this battle if that's alright.
Let's get things started.

DFrog sends out his first mon
Complications sends out his first mon, equips, and orders
DFrog orders
I ref

As of this approved claim Timburr can evolve & it has Thunder Punch and Rock Slide so thats happening. Also iron fist gets unlocked :)
@Exp Share, because of the evolution I'm pretty sure Gurdurr expend 20 energy to evolve.

Gurdurr [Grey] M

Nature: Adamant
Type: Fight
Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters
Stats
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 16

Abilities

Guts (Innate): This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

Sheer Force (Can be Enabled): This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Iron Fist (Trait): The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon’s “Punch” attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks affected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, DynamicPunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, ThunderPunch)

EC: 4/9
MC: 0
DW: 5/5

Moves:
Pound
Leer
Focus Energy
Bide
Low Kick
Rock Throw
Wake Up Slap
Chip Away
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Wide Guard
Taunt
Brick Break
Dig
Payback
Hammer Arm
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Rock Slide​

Technically because the battle started before your prize was claimed you can't do that, but I'm nice, so it's fine by me :P

However, my Frillish, upon entrance to the battle, acquires 6 EC, so he too evolves
Jellicent (Lir) (M)*

Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)

Type:

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Water Absorb
Innate
This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.*

Cursed Body
Innate
When this Pokemon is struck by an opponent's attack, there is a 30% chance that the attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.

Damp (DW, Locked)
Innate
This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 60
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 6/6
MC: 1
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
Bubble(*)
Water Sport (*)
Absorb (*)
Night Shade (*)
Bubblebeam (*)
Recover (*)
Water Pulse (*)
Hydro Pump

Acid Armor (*)
Confuse Ray (*)
Pain Split (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Shadow Ball (*)
Scald (*)

Magic Coat
Giga Drain

Hydro Pump-Shadow Ball-Hydro Pump
If Gurdurr uses Payback, change that action to Acid Armor.
If Gurdurr uses Thunder Punch, change that action to Acid Armor.

Round 1

We are off to a spectacular start with two evolutions out on the field.​

HP: 100/100
EN: 100/100
OK

VS

HP: 110/110
EN: 100/100
OK

Action 1
1. Hydro Pump (-8) / Hit <=8000 (5297=HIT!) / Crit <= 675 (6671=NO)
Total = 18 Damage (12+3+6-3)
2. Taunt (-10) activates​

Action 2
1. Acid Armor (-0) fails **Taunted**
2. **Sheer Force: Enabled / No Effects**
Thunder Punch (-6) / Hit 100% / Crit <=625 (1202=NO)
**Cursed Body / <=3000 (1322=ACTIVATE)**
Total = 20 Damage [(8+2+7.5-4.5)1.5=19.5] / Thunder Punch: Disabled​

Action 3
**Thunder Punch is disabled so Hydro Pump goes through**
1. Hydro Pump (-8) / Hit <=8000 (1964=HIT!) / Crit <= 675 (376=CRIT!)
Total = 21 Damage (12+3+3+6-3)
2. **Thunder Punch: Disabled**​

OUTCOME

**THUNDER PUNCH: DISABLED**
HP: 61/100
EN: 84/100
OK

VS

**TAUNTED**
HP:90/110
OK

DFrog, your up!​

Ok, there are a few things I noticed that are incorrect:
1. As Jelliecent was Taunted and Gurder used Thunder Punch, Jellicent should have used Acid Armor. In a case like this, that attack will fail and cost no energy. However, during A3, as Gurdurr was unable to use Thunder Punch, Jellicent was able to use Hydro Pump successfully.

2. Hydro Pump has a BAP of 12, not 15.
-Also, when applying relevant stats (attack and defense in this case), all stats lower than 6 receive a 1.5x multiplier. Ie. a Pokemon with 4 SAtk adds 4x1.5=6 Damage while a Pokemon with 2 SDef subtracts a total of 2x1.5=3 Damage. For stats over 5, they add an additional 7.5 damage plus 1 more for every stat point above 5. Ie. a Pokemon with rank 6 attack would add a total of 7.5+1=8.5 Damage to its attack.
-As such, Jellicent's Hydro Pump should have done 12+3+6-3=18 Damage, it's Shadow Ball should have done 8+3+6-3=14 Damage, Gurdurr's Thunderpunch do (8+2+7.5-4.5)1.5=19.5 Damage, and the critical hit Hydro Pump do 12+3+3+6-3=21 Damage.

3. I'm not sure how you got your energy alculations, buttey should be:
-Jellicent: 100-8-8=84 Energy
-Gurder: 100-10-6=84 Energy

4. Jellicent starts with 110 HP

5. In the event of Gurdurr's attack (which did 19.5), round up the damage total to 20.

6. Oh and Jellicent is taunted for 3 more actions

From what I see, fix these and you should be good.

I would of thought that at least on A2 Jelli would have gone for Acid Armour because of the substitution but it would have failed because of the taunt. The same could apply to A3 but I technically didn't attack. What Comp said

Actions then:
Payback ~ Payback ~ Payback

Ty for your patience and assistance all fixed. Did the -20 en that dfrog said thinking it would be nice flavor, but it is a hindrance.

Round 2

Jellicent shows to be in strong form, but will Gurdurr get some payback.​

**THUNDER PUNCH: DISABLED**
HP: 61/100
OK

VS

**TAUNTED**
HP:90/110
OK

Action 1
1. Hydro Pump (-[8+4]) / Hit <=8000 (3024=HIT!) / Crit <=625 (1356=NO)
Total = 18 Damage (12+3+6-3)
2. Payback (-7) / Hit 100% / Crit <=625 (503=CRIT!)
**User Attacked**
**Cursed Body 3000<= (118=ACTIVATE)**
**Thunder Punch Already Disabled**
Total = 24 Damage [1.5(10+7.5+3-4.5)]​

Action 2
1. Giga Drain (-12) / Hit 100% / Crit 625<= (1763=NO)
Total = 11 Damage (8+6-3) / 6 Health Drained
2. Payback (-[7+4]) / Hit 100% / Crit <=625 (9717=NO)
**User Attacked**​

**Cursed Body 3000<= (7306=NO)**​

Total = 20 Damage [1.5(10+7.5-4.5)=19.5]​

Action 3​

1. Hydro Pump (-8) / Hit <=8000 (1646=HIT!) / Crit <=625 (5666=NO)​

Total = 18 Damage (12+3+6-3)​

2. Payback (-[7+8]) / Hit 100% / Crit <=625 (7516=NO)

**User Attacked**

**Cursed Body 3000<= (2912=ACTIVATE)**
**Thunder Punch Already Disabled**
Total = 20 Damage [1.5(10+7.5-4.5)=19.5]​

OUTCOME

**THUNDER PUNCH: DISABLED (2 more action)**​

HP: 14/100
EN: 51/100

OK

VS

**TAUNTED (1 more action)**​

HP: 26/110
EN: 52/100

OK

Complications, your up!​

Just as one more small note, if an attack is used consecutively, for each consecutive use that attack costs and additional 4 energy, so Jellicent should have 52 energy (12 energy Hydro Pump A1). I see you applied that to Gurdurr though so I guess you didn't realize that the consecutive energy penalty carries over rounds?

Either way,
"Lucky me. Now Scald will do exactly the amount of damage I need to score a KO!"
Scald-Shadow Ball-Scald

"Gurdurr made a painful comeback and now both Pokemon are worn down. What will happen next?!"​

**THUNDER PUNCH: DISABLED (2 more action)**
HP: 14/100
EN: 51/100
OK

VS

**TAUNTED (1 more action)**
HP: 26/110
EN: 52/100
OK

Action 1​

1. **+1 Priority Combo** Mach Punch+Payback Combo (-[4+7+12]*1.5=35) / Hit 100% / Crit <=625 (6780=NO)​

**Cursed Body <=3000 (5706=NO)**​

Total = 15 Damage [1.5(2+5+7.5-4.5)]

2. Scald (-6) / Hit 100% / Crit <=625 (3789=NO) / Effect <=3000 (9862=NO)
Total = 14 Damage (8+3+6-3)​

KO=GURRDUR

OUTCOME

**THUNDER PUNCH: DISABLED (1 more action)**
HP: KO/100
EN: 16/100

OK

VS

HP: 12/110
EN: 46/100
OK

"And Complications is the winner by KO! Great fight everyone! You may now take your prizes"​

Prizes:

Complications: 1 CC
Jellicent: 1 EC, 3 MC (Via Exp. Share), 1 DC, and one KOC.
**EC and DC were already awarded**​

DFrog: ~
Gurdurr: 1 EC, 3 MC (Via Exp. Share), and 1 DC.
**EC and DC were already awarded**​

Faylion (Me): 2 UC​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)