1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

Let's Play! TUO is Intetionally Dumb - Pokemon Red Edition (Challenge Run LP)

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by TUO, May 8, 2013.

1. TUO

TUO

TUO's Pokemon Red Challenge Run

[​IMG]

Hey guys! I'm gonna fill the Orange Islands (along with everyone else) with all the Pokemon LP's that have started to come about. However, rather than doing a randomizer or a Nuzlocke, I will set a set of rules for myself to play while giving myself a preset team that I will have to catch and use throughout the run.

The Challenge

1. I can not use my starter with the exception of being an efficient HM Slave.
    2. Intense amounts of grinding will make this game not as challenging as I want it to be. This means I can't gain more than 3 levels on one route (in total, not per Pokemon) by fighting Wild Pokemon.
    3. No abusing serious bugs of any kind (there are a LOT of them)
    4. All of these rules only apply after Brock is defeated. This is the only time the true challenge starts.

As said I will give myself a preset team. The idea was to make myself intentionally dumb with this as the title said, this means that I handpicked the some of the most inefficient Pokemon to use in a playthrough while maintaining type balance and getting each of these Pokemon at different times in the game, without further ado, I present to you the team:

The F-Team

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] In-game trade --> [​IMG]

Oh yeah one more note, I will be playing this on Super Game Boy just so the screenshots look nicer.

With all of that, let's get into the start of the LP. I just wanna note that if you have any recommendations on stuff I can improve on (how many photos I put of a specific event, if I should skip stuff, etc.) just note it over here.

As this starts, I am greeted by Professor Oak, I learn about these creatures called Pokemon. No matter how much of his research he can tell me, I will always pick the shitty ones.

[​IMG]

My name you ask? You may call me "TUO"

I also have a rival that I will have to constantly fight on my journey towards being the champion of crap teams. uh, what was his name again?

[​IMG]

Named after the user here (or the Driver on PS, idk how you might know him). This is because he always has a better team than me (at least in Ubers).

[​IMG]
    As I now warp down into the world of Pokemon, I go to Prof. Oak's lab and get to pick my first Pokemon! Sadly, they are all good stuff so the only reason I need to pick carefully is to manipulate my rival's choice. What did I pick? And most importantly, what did I nickname my starter? Well, you can watch this along the way or scroll down quickly just to find out if you suck.

[​IMG]

Oh Sweep challenges me to a battle, time to reveal my starter!
    [​IMG]

Alright then, I picked up WeakZubat the Squirtle, as I will make sure that this guy is weaker than my Zubat. Bulbasaur and Venusaur also match poorly against Golbat and Beedrill, so we have something good going.

Right away, I beat Sweep unlike how our Ubers matches go and I gain a useless level up with WeakZubat

[​IMG]

See ya buddy.

So that's the first part, tell me how ya like it and what I can do to make it better. Also, should I make an installment to beating Brock, or should I just set up my 2nd part when the challenge truly starts?

2. JoshuaMunoz

JoshuaMunoz

Start it after Brock.

This LP seems interesting, will follow through!
  3. ZandgaiaX

ZandgaiaX

Lookin' good :)

However since the challenge really begins after Brock, I second JoshuaMunoz

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)