1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Tutor Profiles - Applications Open [Approved Tutors Only]

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Kevin Garrett, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

Only approved tutors may post in this thread.

The Battling 101 Staff will be putting the program on hold for a week to apply some changes that will make the program better for all. The first step is having an organized thread for all tutors to maintain their profiles. If you were already a tutor in the program, the only thing you need to do is post a new profile with the updated information field provided below.

This is an opportunity for anyone looking to share their wealth of experience and knowledge of competitive Pokemon to become recognized contributors of Smogon. We are looking for members who able to teach new or inexperienced players. The main metagames we offer tutoring for are the standard tiers for BW OU, DPP OU, ADV OU, BW Uber, and BW UU. Individuals looking to be a tutor should be proficient in all of the metagames they apply for. Battling 101 is one of the most important parts of the site because it molds an upcoming generation of players. Being a tutor requires patience and dedication to help their apprentices learn. Tutors that have proven to fulfill their duties with regularity will earn a badge and be upgraded to community member status.

If you are not currently a tutor and think you are qualified, please PM Bloo, Limitless, and Ojama why you think you would be a good fit. Please make sure you fill out all of the information in the tutor profile. Here is the template:

Username:
    Timezone:
    Regular Online Hours (in EST):
    References:
    Tier(s):
    Accomplishments in the respective tier (tournament, ladder, or voting success):

You should be prepared to arrange a meeting with one of the Battling 101 Staff members to assess your ability to teach before we allow you to become a tutor. Once you have been accepted, you may post your profile. Here is the information it should include:

Username: Kevin Garrett
    Available: No
    Timezone: EST
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 2PM-12AM
    Tier(s): BW OU, DPP OU, ADV OU
    Personal Profile: I enjoy sharing everything I learned playing Pokemon and see other people become the best they can be.

The new tutor profiles should be updated to reflect your availability in the program.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
    Lugi and no body like this.
  2. Ojama

Ojama Let's trizzle the shizzle all over the hizzle
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 15 Champion
    Battling 101 Staff

Username: Ojama
    Timezone: GMT +2
    Regular Online Hours: 6pm-11pm (GMT+2)
    Tier(s): ADV OU / DPP OU / BW OU
    Personal Profile: I like playing Pokemon, sports, music and going out with my friends.
  3. Limitless

Limitless Success is the best revenge.
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
    Battling 101 Leader

Username: Limitless
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 6 P.M. - 12 A.M.
    Tier(s): BW OU
    Personal Profile: Pokemon.
  4. yee

yee
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Username: yee
    Timezone: West Coast GMT -8
    Regular Online Hours: GMT -8, 3-10 PM
    Tiers: BW2 OU, BW2 RU
    Personal Profile: Senior in high school who has been playing competitive pokemon since freshman year. I look forward to passing on what I've learned to my tutees to make them confident players and in the process make their Smogon experience as enjoyable as possible. If you like Top Gear please request me as your tutor!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
  5. Delko

Delko was a tab-made man
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    RMT Leader

Username: Delko
    Timezone: GMT+1
    Regular Online Hours (in GMT +1): 5 PM - 12 AM
    Personal Profile: I'm a 20yo college student from Belgium. I can teach pokémon but if my tutee wants to talk about other stuff, I'll do that too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
  6. Zebraiken

Zebraiken
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus

Username: Zebraiken
    Timezone: CST (GMT -5)
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 1pm-12am EST
    Tier(s): BW NU
    Personal Profile: Hiya. I'm 19, heading off to a local college next fall, gonna major in education and philosophy. Hobbies? uhh I played / watch American football so if you're into that, that's awesome. Sports in general are cool stuff. I'm also a pretty big Zelda fan and I love listening to all kinds of music. As far as Pokemon goes, I'm mostly comfortable teaching in-game decisions and predicting, although I'm also proficient with teambuilding (offensive teams, primarily).
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  7. Raseri

Raseri musharna fan
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Leader

Username: Raseri
    Timezone: GMT -7
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 2PM-1AM
    Tier(s): BW2 NU
    Personal Profile: I'm a 18 year old who is heading off to University in the fall doing a science program. I'm on Smogon way to much and am generally a friendly person :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
  8. Molk

Molk Assault Vest Whimsicott ^_^
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Leader

Username: Molk
    Available: Yes
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 11 AM-1 AM
    Tier(s): BW2 RU
    Personal Profile: I've been playing RU since the start of gen5, im a decent player with a lot of metagame knowledge that is willing to help newer users understand the ropes of the tier. I'm also willing to use and test out gimmicks a lot! Im on Smogon too much and im generally a nice guy.
  9. dragonuser

dragonuser Today, tomorrow, and always with a frozen heart
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Username: dragonuser
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 4pm-11pm
    Tier(s): BW OU, BW2 OU
    Personal Profile: I am a sixteen year old Indian that likes both lacrosse and Pokemon.
  10. Jirachee

Jirachee Nightfall
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

Username: Jirachi (Rachi on IRC/Showdown)
    Regular Online Hours: 7 PM - 11 PM weekdays, depends on weekend
    Tier: BW(2) OU
    Personal Profile: Tyranitar is actually my favourite Pokemon.
  11. TGMD

TGMD +Biosci: you both gave me crabs
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Tournament Winner

Username: The Great Mighty Doom
    Timezone: GMT + 12:00
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 12:00 AM - 6:00 AM
    Tier(s): BW(2) OU
    Personal Profile: I'm a kiwi and I really enjoy helping people better themselves. I'm a really big fan of books, movies, TV shows, Video games, competitive pokemon battling and hanging out with my friends.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  12. Funkasaurus

Funkasaurus VIRUS
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Username: Funkasaurus
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 10 AM - 10 PM Friday - Sunday
    Tier(s): ADV OU / BW OU (Order of Preference)
    Personal Profile: Hi, I'm based.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  13. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Username: SIR
    Available: N
    Timezone: GMT-5
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): Usually 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM on weekdays during school year
    Tier(s): ADV OU
    Personal Profile: Plays Pokemon.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    Lugi likes this.
  14. Kidogo

Kidogo

Username: Kidogo
    Timezone: GMT-8 / EST-3
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 7PM-11PM EST usually, schedule can be a bit variable due to schoolwork.
    Personal Profile: I'm a sophomore in high school, I'm in to math/sciences type of stuff. I'm relatively new to competitive mons and to smogon, but I'm hoping to get more involved. I'm mostly a BW OU player, but I also play ADV and DPP OU. Looking forward to tutoring!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
    Lugi likes this.
  15. Annoyer

Annoyer =)~
    is a Tiering Contributor

Username: Annoyer
    Timezone: GMT -4
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 4 PM - 10 PM
    Tier(s): BW2 NU
    Personal Profile: 14-yo that plays nu for a living. Glad to help with whatever you need. flcl sux jajaja
    Lugi likes this.
  16. Hot N Cold

Hot N Cold PLUTO
    is a Tiering Contributor

Username: Hot N Cold
    Timezone: GMT +1
    Regular Online Hours: Afternoon-Evening. Depends on weekends.
    Tier(s): BW RU / BW NU
    Personal Profile: 19 years old guy from Spain. I really like teambuilding.
    Lugi likes this.
  17. Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene we're moving closer and closer, hearts racing so fast
    is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Username: Trinitrotoluene
    Timezone: PST (GMT -8)
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 2:00 P.M. - 1:00 A.M.
    Personal Profile: I am a 18 year-old college student that plans on advancing into the fields of nursing and informatics. If you want to get into the team rating business, request me as your tutor.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Lugi likes this.
  18. Ace Emerald

Ace Emerald Professional
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Visual Media Head

Username: Ace Emerald
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 5-11 PM
    Tier(s): BW UU
    Personal Profile: Been playing BW UU since its beginning and I'm happy to help anyone!
    Lugi likes this.
  19. Dice

Dice what's a god to a nonbeliever
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Username: Dice
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): no specifics during the summer months.. any time really
    Tier(s): BW OU / BW Ubers
    Personal Profile: Hi. I'm 18 years old and just graduated high school. I'm free basically all summer until I attend uni in the fall (bar moving), so I have a lot of time on my hands. I've played BW OU since the beginning of Gen5 and started getting into Ubers soon after, so I feel like I'm a seasoned player. Teambuilding is my favorite aspect of the game Pokemon-wise. My main hobbies include tennis (though I'm no MikeDec!) and reading.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Lugi likes this.
  20. Silvershadow234

Silvershadow234 :]]]]]
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

Username: Silvershadow234
    Timezone: GMT
    Regular online hours(in est): 11am-3pm weekdays, 1am-4pm weekends
    Personal profile: I'm a British schoolboy who gets on really well with most people. I'm patient and I like making new friends. I'm a pretty solid ru player and I want to help people become better. O and I also like 70's rock music.
  21. Plus

Plus 10 in.
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Username: Plus
    Timezone: GMT-5
    Regular online hours: 3:00 PM - 3:00 AM
    Tiers: BW OU, DPPt OU, DPPt UU
    Personal profile: incoming student at NYU, enjoys low key rap music, been playing competitive mons since 2007 early DP era. invented a pokemon named Colossoil in my basement as a science project, and likes watching the NBA. was a tutor on smogon from 09-10, and i'm excited to meet new players. doctors say i'm the illest, cause i'm sufferin from realness.
  22. EonX

EonX One of a Kind
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Username: EonX-
    Timezone: GMT -5
    Regular online hours(in est): varies due to my work schedule, but usually no less than 3-4 hours a day. (i typically know my work schedule about 8-10 days in advance, so i can give my tutee advance notice about my availability times)
    Personal Profile: Just a fun-loving person who happens to like music, games, and something called the RarelyUsed tier on Smogon. I'm patient, easygoing, and have been known to crack a joke or two. I'm a fairly knowledgeable RU player just hoping to share my wisdom with others and help them learn about the fun that is RU.
    no body likes this.
  23. Reymedy

Reymedy They live and die by my command.
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Username: Remedy
    Timezone: GMT+1
    Online Hours (in EST): 6PM - 2 AM
    Personal Profile: 22 years old player, studying financial accounting in a french business school. I enjoy working in a structured way and teaching what I know to someone willing to learn. I like RPGs, Funk/Sould old school music and playing Handball.
    no body likes this.
  24. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the Smogon Tour Season 16 Championis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Username: BKC
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): afternoons, evenings
    Tier(s): DPP OU, ADV OU
    Personal Profile: I enjoy music and sports (baseball/basketball). I also waste a lot of time on IRC so we shouldn't have problems meeting up. :toast:
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
    no body likes this.
  25. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

Username: DittoCrow
    Regular Online Hours (in EST): 12 pm - 10 pm
    Tier(s): BW RU
    Personal Profile: I play lots of RU
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)