1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Twin Sweepin Terrors

Discussion in 'Past Gen Teams' started by Ian15, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Ian15

Ian15

Introduction:
    This is my third RMT and I feel the best about it. After being very unsuccessful with stall. I then tried offesive and ... that did not work either. This is a balanced RMT. I got the idea of mixing the two most successful pokemon groups from the offensive and stall teams.

Synergy:
    The goal behind my team is to have the defesive core spread status so that my twin sweepers, Lucario and Infernape can sweep a weaken team. I choose a defesive core that I feel gives most offesive teams trouble and an offesive goal that gives every team troubles. Heres the team.
    [​IMG]
    Uxie @ choice Scarf
    Nature: Impish
    EV's 252 HP / 40 Def / 64 SpD / 152 Spe
    Moveset
    [​IMG] - Trick
    [​IMG] - Stealth Rock
    [​IMG] - Thunder Wave
    [​IMG] - U-Turn

Uxie was a rare lead to see to months ago. Then Machamp became the force he is now he is the 14th used lead this much for his ability to beat lead Machamp amoung other things. Another advantage I have is that very little people know what to do when they see lead Uxie. With this set I can do good against so many common leads. Another thing I love is that he can come out of the lead battle and wall / death fodder after the lead battle. The moveset is standard. Trick is needed to beat slower leads that are crippled by this like Metagross and Swampert. Stealth Rocks helps the rest of my team sweep. Taunt is for Aerodactyl and Azelf leads who also get tricked and locked into taunt. I then U-Turn out to counter there swich in or them.
    [​IMG]

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Nature Adamant
    Ev's 252 Att, 4SpD, 252 Speed
    [​IMG] - Close Combat
    [​IMG] - Crunch
    [​IMG] - Extreme Speed
    [​IMG] - Sword Dance

Everyone knows the power of Lucario. There is no need to reiterate everything that has been said before. I choose him over other sweepers because of the sheer power he has. He smashes through everything with that plus 2 boost after SD. Close Combat is for STAB and it hits like a truck. Crunch is there for coverage. Espeed is for a good priority to finish off other pokes.

[​IMG]
    Infernape @ Life Orb
    Nature Niave
    Ev's 252 Att, 62 SpA, 192 Speed
    [​IMG] - Close Combat
    [​IMG] - OverHeat
    [​IMG] - Mach Punch
    [​IMG] - Stone Edge

Infernape rounds out my dual sweepers and is the far more successful leader of the sweep although he is to too frail to switch in on any attacks so I try to use a death fodder to get him in. When he gets in it is very hard to stop him. He si the best mixed wall breaker around. Close Combat has been spoke about on the luke set. After Philip's rate I changed the rest of the set. Overheat is to hit everything very hard Hippodown cannot switch in Overheat and CC is an 2HKO. Zapdos is outspeed and 2HKOed even with rocks and with it the is still a high chance of it happening. Mach Punch is to hit DDtar and Luke if they set hard. Stone Edge is there for coverage on flyers.
    [​IMG]

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Nature Bold
    Ev's 248 HP, 228 Def, 32 Speed
    [​IMG] - Thunderbolt
    [​IMG] - Toxic
    [​IMG] - Roost
    [​IMG] - Substitute
    I love using Zapdos. It is great to be behind a sub as a TTar switches in and out stall with toxic, subs and stone edge misses. Hax is a must. It also stops all bulky water in its tracks. It is more effecient at it than Celebi do to vaporeon being unable to heal off toxic dmaage Suicune most Rest as damage builds up and then is set up fodder of T-Bolt fodder. Although it could three KO it is unlikely and Cune would be forceds to Rest again. Thunder Bolt is for STAB and an all arounder great move. Toxic is for stalling. Roost is for recovery and Substitute is for toxic stalling.
    [​IMG]
    Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Nature Impish
    Ev's 236 HP, 248 Def, 24 Speed
    [​IMG] - Spore
    [​IMG] - Substitute
    [​IMG] - Focus Punch
    [​IMG] - Leech Seed
    Breloom is one of the most annoying pokes to every exist. Spore on any poke makes it UU viability atleast. Smeargle is OU because of it. When you combine this move with Substitute and leech Seed it becomes the best sub-seeder in the game. On Celebi (who still hates spore) can stop it. All of my team can kill celebi. When is counter is gone, like anything else, is set to wreck the other team to the point where lucario and infernape can sweep. Taking nothing from TTar (damn you baittar) gives it amble time to setup. Spore is the best move in the game. Why not use it. Sustitute is when my opponet leaves do to excess Leech Seed damage. Focus Punch is kill all grass pokes that come in to kill leech seed. Leech Seed is the move that makes the set.
    [​IMG]
    Blissey @ Leftovers
    Nature Bold
    EV's 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD
    [​IMG] - Softboiled
    [​IMG] - Thunder Wave
    [​IMG] - Seismic Toss
    [​IMG] - Flamethrower
    Poor Blissey. She has done nothing wrong but be the best special wall in the game. But OU people hat here and mock (UU poeple are nices to there pinkish blob). After sweeping a team (dont ask) I saw why. No special attacker without explosion is killing this bi... nurse joy assastant. With reliable recovery she is the best special wall in the game easily. I picked over cuselax because I needed to see why everyone hated here and i see why. I never looked back. I use here mainly to stop Starmie who would wreck my team. Sadly Luke is my best answer to it if Blissey is dead. Softboil is for realiable recovery. T-Wave to so I am not set up fodder for Roost DDNite. Seismic toss is to inflict steady damage. Flamethrower is to hit Sub-Charge Rotom who is also a major threat.

There it is. Rate. Hate. Steal. Changes are in bold
  2. Ian15

Ian15

Offensive Threats

[​IMG] Aerodactyl - Never seen a non-Lead on Although Breloom can out prodict it and set up without taunt/ Focus Punch with it

[​IMG] Azelf - Blissey for nasty plot trick scarf for lead and T-Wave

[​IMG] Breloom - Infernape reveges without a sub lucario could break the sub with extreme speed a sub my Breloom could have a long stall war with one

[​IMG] Dragonite - HP Ice on Infernape to revenge Zapdos beats most though with toxic stalling uxie can cripple

[​IMG] Electivire - lol noob poke but with no motor drive boost it is a joke and zapdos beats it with toxic stalling if it carries HP Grass if not it could be a problem unless uxie has his scarf

[​IMG] Empoleon - Blissey

[​IMG] Flygon - Scarfs a Zapdos switches

[​IMG] Gengar - Blissey

[​IMG] Gyarados - Zappy time

[​IMG] Heatran - Blissey

[​IMG] Heracross - Zapdos

[​IMG]Infernape - frail special are for Blissey others can be revenged by luke

[​IMG] Jirachi - Infernape out speeds all nonscarf and KOs with OverHeat otherwise Zapdos

[​IMG] Jolteon - Blissey

[​IMG] Kingdra - Blissey, Uxie, Zapdos, and Breloom can status Infernape can OHKO ones without DD's
    [​IMG] Lucario - Infernape revenges Blissey, Uxie, Zapdos, and Breloom can status

[​IMG] Machamp - revengable Zapdos toxic and walls Confusion is annoying

[​IMG] Magnezone - cannot do anything as no one is steel expect luke and zones do not trap lucario

[​IMG] Mamoswine - Infernape and lucario can revenge it

[​IMG] Metagross - Zapdos

[​IMG] Ninjask - noob but it aint lovin a scarf

[​IMG] Roserade - Infernape and Blissey

[​IMG] Salamence - Banned

[​IMG] Scizor - Zapdos is the games best OU counter

[​IMG] Smeargle - Trick not seen outside a lead

[​IMG]Starmie - Blissey

[​IMG] Togekiss - Infernape and lucario out speed and can badly damage one Blissey was nasty plot

[​IMG] Tyranitar - Lukes/Breloom's bitch

[​IMG] Weavile - Luke and infernape

Defensive Threats

[​IMG] Blissey - Luke and infernape CC's

[​IMG] Bronzong - OverHeat and plus2 Luke CC OHKO

[​IMG] Celebi - Crunch OverHeat

[​IMG] Dusknoir - Crunch

[​IMG] Forretress - Overheat

[​IMG] Gliscor - Breloom and Ape can hurt with HP Ice and Overheat

[​IMG] Hippowdon - Overheat plus CC for either is a KO Breloom

[​IMG] Rotom-A - Blissey

[​IMG] Skarmory - Ape

[​IMG] Snorlax - Dual Sweepers

[​IMG] Suicune - Blissey

[​IMG] Swampert - Breloom and Uxie kills lead ones

[​IMG] Tentacruel - Zapdos Stone edge from ape

[​IMG]Vaporeon - Blissey and Breloom gets ones with HP electric

[​IMG] Zapdos - Stone edge from ape
  3. Azlanslayer

Azlanslayer

Hey, i got your PM ^^.

This is a short rate sorry, its again 10:51 PM. I wonder why you guys PM me at late night. Anyways, on the rate

First glance, congrats for using Uxie in OU, Uxie is pro in OU. Being Bulky, crippling them with T-wave, countering Machamp too =D. You might want to use Psychic > U-Turn to atleast cripple Machamp. Scarfing him doesn't mean he will die or stop attacking. Its not needed anyways, he paybacks, you SR and U-Turn to Breloom, so no problem there. Just sayin'.

Lucario pairs well with Tyranitar, because Tyranitar can remove Lucario's #1 counter, Rotom that scares off Lucario unabling him to Sweep, and also Gengar. The only problem is that i can't find a place for him to fit in this team. Removing Zapdos is nice, but the lack of Water checks is bad. Gliscor is also a problem for Lucario, but Infernape got it covered.

Solid Team, or maybe its just my brain not working well enough to find mistakes.

Good Luck!
  4. Alan

Alan

I just want to post really quickly since I really should be off writing a paper but this team piqued my interest. I like the idea of it, but I think that Swords Dance Infernape would be an amazing partner for Lucario. Especially if you choose to run Flare Blitz to take out Gliscor. Together basically nothing stands in their way.

Infernape @ Life Orb | 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP | Jolly Nature
    Swords Dance | Close Combat | ThunderPunch | Flare Blitz

Flare Blitz with a +2 boost basically takes out whatever the fuck it wants, which is pretty badass. Also, iirc it will OHKO Defensive Zapdos after Stealth Rock. The only thing you really have to worry about is Starmie which I would consider adding in like Scarf Rotom-A or something, but then your team becomes frail as fuck. I wouldn't advise adding in Tyranitar though, becuase Infernape is already super duper frail and it can't really afford the 10% LO Recoil, Flare Blitz Recoil and SS damage all in one turn.

Sorry its a pretty short/shitty rate, but I really shouldn't even be on smogon atm lol. Good luck. :toast:
  5. afterburn

afterburn rattled
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Nasty Plot Infernape, with Vacuum Wave, will just eat your team alive. With a Nasty Plot boost, NOTHING on your team can switch in on FireBlast, getting 2HKOd, even Blissey, thanks to the lack of a fire resist. You may attempt to revenge Infernape with Extremespeed with Lucario, but if it has Vacuum Wave, you're a dead man. The most replaceable Pokemon on your team is Blissey. In its place, I suggest you try out Life Orb starmie. try a spread of max Satk/max Spe|Timid Nature and a moveset of Hydro Pump|Recover|Thunderbolt|Ice Beam. Blissey isn't doing anything for your team other than ruining the offensive pace, which Starmie keeps up. Starmie also handles most things Infernape fears, i.e. Vaporeon, suicune, while Infernape handles Starmie's worse enemies, Celebi and Shaymin. In terms of what it does for the team, Starmie lures in stuff like Scarf Tyranitar and Scizor who love to come on resisted (or not very damaging) and try and Pursuit you, this is a free Swords Dance ticket for Lucario to sweep the opposition's team!

Try the suggestion out, and GL!
  6. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Hi Ian15, I was browsing through teams and came across this one which I found to be very interesting, so here's my rate.

For the most part, I love your team. I love how much trouble your defensive core gives offensive teams, and I love the use of Infernape + Lucario to break down more defensive threats. In fact, even after thinking long and hard here, I really found myself struggling to find a weakness to your team. At the end of the day, I felt like the two biggest weaknesses to your team were Swords Dance Lucario and Dragon Dance Tyranitar. For Lucario, your Zapdos covers most versions, however, versions with Stone Edge will rip through your team if Uxie is weakened, and you basically need to risk a speed tie with your own Lucario (who is Adamant, so you instantly lose to other Lukes) to beat it. Lucario doesn't even need to use Swords Dance to punch holes through your team, which is a problem. Dragon Dance Tyranitar with Fire Punch is also problematic for this team, and can easily set up against Zapdos at any time. To solve these issues, I would like to recommend you use Physically Mixed Infernape over your current set. The specific set is:

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Hasty, 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
    Blaze
    -Close Combat
    -Mach Punch
    -Stone Edge
    -Overheat

Now, I know that your version of Infernape does a better job at beating stall, but this set does some decent damage as well, if you use it well, and it definitely helps better against offensive teams. I think you'll find that the boosted power in Close Combat will really help tear things apart when combined with your Lucario, and you will be able to check opposing Lucario and Dragon Dance Tyranitar very easily now with Mach Punch. Having two sets of priority on this team is also just a great way of helping against random offensive threats in general, so I think this would be the best change to make. I'm not a fan of Swords Dance Infernape on this team, because it basically relies on its opponent to not attack or cripple it while setting up, which is unreliable in general. There are basically no Pokemon that Infernape gets a "free" set up against, so I would rather stick with something that guarantees some good damage.

Anyways, I hope you found my rate useful. I really do love this team though, and to prove it, you'll see that I gave you a nice 5 stars to accompany this rate :). Great job, and best of luck in the future!
  7. Ian15

Ian15

Thanks for the fidback. I will test out both Ape sets. I will test the Starmie set but it gives me a TTar weakness. The idea for nasty plot ape is I let one pokemon die and bring in Blissey for free and twave it. Also it is very hard for it to set up on me as all of my team can hit it some way. No one has the Zapdos Kid or those symbols either. They would be much appreciated. Thanks for the complmints Philip.
  8. Smith

Smith is a 90's bitch
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Hey I got your message, this team looks really solid and pretty hard to rate, in my opinion, because it's pretty hard to break a solid defensive core. I can notice some weaknesses immediately however. Lucario is a huge dick to this team, as even without a SD he can really dent a lot of things. This is a minour fix, but I'd recommend bumping up Zapdos' speed to 280 (176 EVs, neutral nature) to provide with a solid check for most versions. It may have Stone edge or ice punch, but you have substitute to scout.

I could also see SubSplit Gengar being a problem, as the only special attack that can reliably break through Blissey, your stop to most special threats. Gengar's pretty hard to stop, but I think a step in the right direction is putting Bullet Punch on Lucario over Crunch. In my opinion, this works much better anyways, as most rotom are EVd to outspeed Lucario, so Crunch is somewhat useless. Bullet Punch beats ScarfTar and Gengar, which is pretty good in my opinion.

This is the only advice I can supply, this team looks really good and hardly anything can be changed without screwing up the carefully crafted synergy. Good Luck.
  9. Ian15

Ian15

Bump SD ape and Starmie both failed badly. The other ape set works just as good as Philip said it would. Just as a tip Infernape is not sweeping if it carries Fire Blast because Blissey can T-Wave it when it survives Blast # 1 and softboil on the next as it does not 2HKO without sandstorm and no one should use Storm with ape as it is frail as fuck to start out with. And when does it set up on me to start with. All of my team can cripple/OHKO or 2HKO it. Sorry Smith but that is just too much EV's to take away from the other stats. Also SubSplitgar is kinda stopped by Zapdos. Also the Coverage I lose is bad.
  10. 360Swampert

360Swampert

To be perfectly honest with the rate from Phil i cannot find much wrong with this team. Mainly have you considerd Wish blissey over your current set even if its just replacing soft-boiled It might increase the longevity lucario and infernape? but yeh great team all round
  11. Aha

Aha

I think this is pretty much a good team, but I have only one thing to say: 2x T-wave and 1x Toxic will, I think, be annoying for you if you switch in Breloom.
  12. Zinocide

Zinocide

Hey, I got your PM.

Very solid team, nice defensive core, sub seed breloom ftw.

On that note there isn't really much I can help with you with. However I do agree with 360 Swampert in considering wish on Bliss to increase the longevity of both your sweepers.
  13. Faladran

Faladran
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hello Ian, sorry for the late response.

Looking through your team, I see that you've got most major threats pretty well-covered. After Phil's rate, your weakness to opposing Swords Dance Lucario has been eliminated, so I only have relatively minor suggestions to offer.

The only common threat that gives your team trouble that I can see is SubSplit Gengar. It can switch in midgame on Uxie and Breloom on any move except Thunder Wave and Spore, respectively, and safely set up a Substitute. Since you depend on Blissey to wall most special attackers, Gengar becomes rather difficult to play against due to the SubSplit's ability to beat Blissey. While I'm aware that it has been quite effective for you, I feel that Blissey could actually be switched out in this situation. To help maintain some offensive momentum, I'd like to suggest using a Choice Band Snorlax in Blissey's spot:

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Body Slam
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit

Although Blissey is admittedly the best special wall in OU, Snorlax is a very viable option as well, and still walls special attackers effectively. The main benefits of this set are its ability to hit extremely hard off of Snorlax's base 110 attack and Pursuit any special attackers. As an example, this Snorlax can switch into any Life Orb Starmie and effortlessly trap it. Whether it switches out or tries to oustall you with Recover, Pursuit will easily take it out. Gengar can be checked in the same way, but the best option would be to switch Snorlax in when Gengar is not behind a Sub, as a super effective Focus Blast can still deal some large damage.

Also, this is very minor, but you could consider using a different EV spread on Uxie. The one you're using is perfectly fine, but Bribery's spread of 252 HP / 40 Def / 64 SpD / 152 Spe allows it to survive more special attacks, most importantly guaranteeing that standard Lead ShucaTran's Fire Blast only 3HKO's.

Good luck with your team!
  14. Ian15

Ian15

I am testing Snorlax. Thnaks for the rates Aha and 360 Swmapert but if i use wish Bliss i lose to SubPainsplit Gengar. I need to use to attacks to defeat those Gars. Thanks for the rate.
  15. Ian15

Ian15

I like Blissey as my more reliable Special Wall over Snorlax. They are both great but Snorlax locked inot pursuit was too great over set up fodder for me. Thanks for the rate.
  16. Deinosaur

Deinosaur GO GOOMY

My Rate

Well here we go:

Potential Threats:

Physically Based MixApe
    This pretty much ruins your team. It can beat all your pokes one-on-one if Uxie is weakened and it wins the speed tie against your Ape. If it runs Stone Edge and it doesn't get bad misshax, it's gg.

Dragon Dance Tyranitar
    If this thing sets up DD, it will most likely end your game. It can kill Uxie and Zapdos with Crunch, Luke and Ape with EQ, and Breloom with Fire Punch. Blissey stands no chance, so don't even bring it up.

AgiliGross
    If you allow this thing to set up, it can own your entire team. Meteor Mash for Uxie an Bliss, Ice Punch for Breloom and Zapdos, and EQ for Luke and Ape. Ouch.

Fixes:
    Everyone's favorite part.

Vaporeon
    Vappy can stand up to Ape and DD Tar without too much trouble. Also if you roar, you have a great chance to beat AgiliGross. Also you can beat Gyarados, Suicune, and other bulky waters with Water Absorb.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA
    Bold
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Surf
    -Roar
    Sadly, I must pick this over Blissey as it helps the team more.

Run Jolly on Lucario
    This is truly up to you, but in a metagame based on speed, you don't wanna be left behind. Also, you recieve a lot of power with SD anyway.

Run Physical MixApe
    I agree with Philip 7086 that Physical MixApe is the better idea. However this is once again, up to you.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Hasty, 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
    Blaze
    -Close Combat
    -Mach Punch
    -Stone Edge
    -Overheat

Well that's my rate, so GL with your team. Also, don't forget to VM/PM me when you need a team rated. Sometimes, I have way too much time on my hands :)​
  17. Ian15

Ian15

I did choose to use Philips ape set. Also if I do use Vapreon, Offesive Starmie destroys my team. The only pokemon who could take an attack and do anything back is lucario who always survives surfs(not pump) and then OHKO's back with crunch. And agiligross finds it hard to set up on me and both Blissey and Zapdos survive the attacks and can respond back. Came goes for DDtar expect that I could pressure stall it Stone edges with Zapdos as it is the opnly pokemon that it could set up on. Also I am thinking of put more EV's into speed on my ape and changing Luk to Jolly. Anyone think I should? and maybe change Uxie as well.
  18. Psychotic..

Psychotic..

Got your PM! So far i have to say that most other raters have this team covered however its still a great team. One of the biggest things i can see to be a problem is Blissey. Usally teams like this are clearly offensive teams and your going to find Bliss is only going to be slowing you down. I recommend replacing Blissey with Suicune or if you find you need Special walling try Vaporeon. Suicune can really be a bitch after a couple Calm Minds and finds it self taking out some of Lucario's best counters like Gliscor and Gyarados. The switch to Suicune also gives you that "Bulky Water" presence that can be really helpful in this metagame providing a fire resist. Here is the set:

Suicune@Leftovers
    Timid~Pressure
    252 Sp ATK/252 Spe/4 HP
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~HP Electric
    ~Calm Mind

Good luck with the team
  19. Ian15

Ian15

Thanks for the rate Psychotic but if I let go of Blissey I get massacred by Life Orb Starmie. I know Blissey slows me down but I need her Middle and Early game in the end game. Lucarios two counters are laughable against my team as Gyara and Gliscor go nowhere against Breloom. I really want more opinoins one Jolly Luc or adding Bullet Punch to it. All rates are helpful.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)