1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Let's Play! Twitch Plays Pokemon

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by moonbound, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Millky95

Millky95

I was hoping we'd see if we could've evolved Zexy during 45-50 just to see if we could get a powerful Blazeiken but alas it shall not be

Azumarril has learnt Rock Smash but still haven't got Strength yet
  2. T-Bolt

T-Bolt

We beat Maxie in an intense battle where M4 survives with just 4 HP. Rollout is pretty much the perfect move for TPP!

Also, am I the only one who didn't know that TPP had a youtube channel?

http://m.youtube.com/user/TwitchPlayPokemon
  3. chaostothemax

chaostothemax

The Dog counter is at 5 right now. How many can we get before the game ends, guys?
  4. Millky95

Millky95

That match with Maxie was pretty intense. One of the streams highlights

Surprised they didnt fall down the ledges right of Lavaridge Town tbh. But more than made up for it in the gym
  5. cjrocker

cjrocker

Getting rid of democracy has made this a lot more entertaining than Crystal ever was. PC shenanigans are beautiful
  6. Ultiork

Ultiork

image.jpg dark ages shall come.
    Zexy's revenge lies ahead.
    All Hail The Dome Fossil . . .

P.s. GAME OVER
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  7. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

This run has been hilariously bad for anyone paying even a moderate amount of attention.

Sidney just destroys the team with Swagger + DT, Phoebe using Grudge Banette ruins the Rollout PP, Rollout in general has caused a lv 100 Azumarill to lose to Flygon so many times it's not funny.

We finally have a decent team level and we backtracked all the way to MT PYRE just to level up the weakest two and get Shadow Ball TM. Even then I just saw Azumarill lose to Walrein and hail damage. ADV AI is no joke, and it's just gonna get worse from here. I'm not even sure if we've ever gotten to Wallace.

We just lost nothing to Sideny in this last run though so this might actually go well.

ALSO DAMN THE POKEDEX: It somehow does enough frames of animation to always skip the b spam and pick the next a, it's psychotic I tell you!
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Pocket and Ultiork like this.
  8. Millky95

Millky95

THEY DID IT! Finally in 20d 21h 56m Wallace was beaten
    Anty likes this.
  9. Layell

is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

10. cjrocker

cjrocker

Oh shit, it's been alive this whole time? That's impressive.
    Arikado likes this.
  11. BetaHousing

BetaHousing

amazing how long this has actually ran, when you think about it.
  12. cant say

cant say

Well they managed to get on Wonder Trade and legit got an Omanyte spitback called Lady Helix...

Attached Files:

13. Quanyails

Quanyails
    is an Artistis a Community Contributor

As someone's who watched the first five hours of the stream and tuned in occasionally afterwards, I can state that this is false. Before wi-fi was disabled, passersby intentionally asked TPP to trade, and through there, one person traded Lady Helix. Other passersby traded another Omanyte named Lord Helix, a Honedge, and a shiny Beldum. Not once was Wonder Trade used.

--

I think that the decision to disable wi-fi takes the air out of what would be a fresh addition to TPP. I generally agreed with allowing only passersby to contact the player character, since each passerby would be someone with a different motive. Allowing friends and acquaintances gives the player character a constant source of help, potentially trivializing the run, while passersby who wanted to trade or battle would give TPP unique events and experiences in a system that's been dulled by coordination, running gags, and predictability. I know that O-Powers can be used from friends and acquaintances even though interaction is disabled, but I figure that they'll be marginalized later in the game when powers such as HP Restoring Power Level 1 will not amount to a full heal every turn. Without wi-fi, is there anything that makes this run different than previous ones, or would I just be watching something closer to a slow walkthrough?
    Karxrida and DHR-107 like this.
  14. Layell

Sprite Leader

The most important decision in TPP

15. birdcrest

birdcrest

RIP Quilladin
    RIP Xerneas
    RIP Aegislash
    RIP Lord Helix
    RIP Sail Fossil
    RIP Charizard
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  16. FearRattata

FearRattata

On their Pokémon Stadium 2 games, just had one where Eevee knew both Shadow Ball and Sand-Attack, and it was against Magcargo. Probably thinking they were on the other team, some people on Blue picked Take Down and it was used three times. Lost that battle.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)