ORAS OU Two team help?

I have two teams that I would really appreciate some evaluating on. I'm not sure if I can post multiple teams, but I didn't want to make two separate threads and clutter it up. So, let's start with the first one. I'm also not too familiar with using the code Smogon is offering. I know some basics, but not how to put them in tabs to make the like of it all that much cleaner.

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I've been drawn to his mega for some odd reason and I really didn't like the cape design, but he's better than Cham and packs some pretty power. He's the first pick which means the beginning is based around him. I bred one with Skill Swap just because I liked the idea of taking something way more beneficial than inner focus, but SD has given me a lot more power; like OHKOing Ferrothorn.

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

After taking a gander in the ORAS cores, these two paired up well for some reason although I don't really feel that in my showdown matches. It might be from the random use of lesser OU pokes in the games that I wasn't preparing for, but they both lose to Talonflame, Hyper Voice pixilate, and other things. Sucker punch is my only priority, but rarely named that. Standard set that lets him save his face from falling.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass

This was in the triple core to stop or resist fairy moves I suppose, although talonflame is still a huge threat. It packs one helluva punch, HV utterly destroying things I normally have problems with too, but I'm not sure if I should invest more into speed or leave it in HP for the bulk.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 243 HP / 252 Def / 13 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

I effin' love Rotom-W. It is literally on almost all my teams and I have to force myself to use something else. This, solves the Talonflame issue as well as Mega Metagross, but I still feel that something is missing from the team. I use dual status as it's very efficient, helps me throw others off guard too. Pain Split would be nice, but having T wave for fast mons and Willo for the physical one's is great.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 180 HP / 136 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- Psyshock

I used her as a special wall of sorts with defog. She doesn't have the EV's for it, nor the power to take anything out, so she is really just a place holder for something better. I had a thing with Greninja, but now that he is banned, Reflect type has been getting used by me to replace it. Starmie has it, as well as Latias who I just found out today. It helps, like not being OHKO'd by dark moves, but without any def ev's, she gets taken out in 2-3 hits depending on the poke.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is the last poke, and something else to take care of talonflame or check it at least. I need ancient power to do that, but I also needed rocks on the field and a fire type. He works great when he gets on a roll and I couldn't justify using scarfed heatran for this team. Something to handle opposing fairy types and grass types.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second team, if allowed, is also built around a mega with two cores in mind. Well, it had two cores, but in order to cover some things I had to change it all around.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost

My hype man. A late game sweeper, although I'm not afraid to bring him out early if it will score a kill or two. The spread I saw from surfing around here would allow me to outspeed scarf Lando-T after a dragon dance, if I'm not mistaken. Also, a non boosted Flare Blitz would OHKO it. EQ over Dragon Claw because I like killing more things than less and flare blitz does more damage to dragon types I believe. Except the latis and Garchomp. Roost is optional for Dragon Claw depending on the rest of the team.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Rock Tomb

Originally was going to be Conk with Sheer Force, Drain Punch, Poison Jab, Ice and Thunder Punch, but looking at the rest of the team, I was too weak to Talonflame and couldn't take out other water types. I don't really like Breloom as a poke compared to some other pokemon I have fun with. I like power, which it has, but the pokemon also dies easily. A standard tech set for her just to fill the role of another physical attacker. Focus Sash to kinda secure the spore on something threatening.

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

Became my special wall simply for the fairy bonuses it brings. Originally was going to be Latias with my own custom spread for some power, bulk, and speed, but I never tested it. It was going to be the special wall of this team and provide defog support. Also healing wish that way I could remove roost from my Charizard and use Dragon Claw instead.
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 64 SpA / 120 SpD / 180 Spe
Calm Nature
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Because I love this thing? haha No, seriously, I'm that worried about Talonflame. This was going to be a scarfed Keldeo, but again, Talonflame. I really wanted to play with it, since apparently it outspeeds everything, but trying to balance everything on this team is tough. It felt more Hyper Offense than anything, but I'm not comfortable not having a bulky pokemon to take hits and retaliate on it's own.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Disable
Was the third pokemon in the core of Mega Char X. Paired with Mamoswine, it was essentially the cleaner of the team along with killing fairies. The set consisted of substitute and pain split, but I replaced those with Sludge bomb and disable. Disable isn't necessary, I just enjoy crippling and messing up trains that much.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Lastly, a spinner, rock thrower, and fairy killer. Originally a Mamoswine, I switched this when I removed Latias with defog and needed a ground type. I considered Tyranitar+Sand Rush Exca, but sand hurts the others in the team and I want to survive as much as possible.

Last edited:
Anyone have any advice or ratings to offer for either team? I've been doing a little laddering with the Gallade and it's up to 1300+ right now.

Pent

dumb broad
Hey, I'd remove one of the teams for another RMT. We raters really only want 1 team to rate. Once you edit one of them out, I'd be happy to rate!

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)