1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Type Chart for Later CAPs

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Kaleidoscope, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope

[​IMG]

Legend:

Yellow = Type combination doesn't exist on any pokemon.
    Blue = Type combination doesn't exist on any fully evolved, non uber pokemon
    Green = Type combination doesn't exist on any pokemon in the standard tier (as of 6 July, 2009)
    Red = Type combination exists in standard already.
    Text = CAP pokemon (as of 6 July, 2009)

NB: Order of types doesn't matter. Line there for guidance only.
  2. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope

I knew I forgot something. Thanks.
    PM if any more errors and I'll fix them up.
  3. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Why do you have the same triangle reflected on both sides of the line when it makes no difference? You aren't counting Bug/Ground and Ground/Bug as distinct for example.
  4. petrie911

petrie911

Combination Poison/Ground or Ground/Poison (aka Fidgit) alredy exists, Nidoking and Nidoqueen. Change that colour to Green.

You're also missing No Secondary Type. Not every Pokemon has 2 types you, you know. And there are plenty of pure types that don't show up in OU (Fire, Ice, Bug, Grass, Dragon, Steel) or at all (Flying).
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
  5. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope

They're all there, where the line is. Look at stratagem for example.

You're right, the order is irrelevant. The triangle is reflected because for example, if you wanted to look for unused fighting types, you'd have to change the reading direction, rather than an easy to read list. I explain it in the OP.
  6. The_Bassoonist

The_Bassoonist

Bug/Ground does exist on a fully evolved Pokemon: Wormadam-g. You should change that to green
  7. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Can someone explain the usefulness of this to me?

Typing in CAP should be chosen to best utilize the concept that was chosen; not to pick something that hasn't already been done before. This isn't a fanboy project.
  8. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

I agree with Stellar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)