Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

This is a pretty common core seen on quite a few teams. It is based around the idea of Excadrill cleaning late game in sand, sometimes with an SD. Excadrill and Tyranitar are the most common mons seen on sand offense, but they do have a few common weaknesses, these being fighting, water, and ground. Latios provides resists/immunities to all of these types which is part of the reason it is valuable to the core. Latios is best run with roost in order to repeatedly switch into Keldeo, because Keldeo gets a lot of free opportunities to fire off moves when it is on the field against Excadrill or Tyranitar. Latios would also run Defog, because Excadrill likes the extra moveslot to set up a Swords Dance. With Rapid Spin, Excadrill not only loses out on Swords Dance, but you have to rely on it to remove hazards; it would probably lose a bit of health in the process or force a 50/50, which limits its ability to clean late game. I have also seen no hazard removal at all in this core with Latios using coverage moves like Surf and Hidden Power Fire. To add on the type synergy, Excadrill is able to beat pretty much all fairies bar Azumaril in sand, which is especially nice due to the fact that Latios and Tyranitar lose to pretty much all fairies. Speaking of Azumarill, it is a problem for this core, and it would be best to have a couple checks on the team with this core.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

This is a really fun dark-spam SD-spam priority-spam core which I used in the teambuilding competition recently. Dark spam is really good in the meta RN - Weavile and Bisharp form an incredibly potent double-swords dance double-dark core, easily able to overwhelm its own checks and counters - either one can wallbreak for the other to sweep. Ice/dark is incredible coverage, iron head mops up the fairies such as Clefable which could be a problem and Lum berry allows Bish to set-up on M-Sableye. Mega-Medicham is a great wallbreaker and takes out problem mons, specifically fighting types and M-Venu, and generally softens up teams for a sweep. The triple SD/pure power-assisted priority spam is difficult for any team to deal with. With all the priority plus Weavile providing blazing speed he can afford to run Adamant.

In terms of partners, Spikes support is awesome for this core. The core is focused on overwhelming offensive presence so defensive synergy is not too important, a fire resist and fairy resist are welcome though, as is a more reliable way to beat M-Sab. Thunder punch over bullet punch is an option on Medi to more easily beat bulky waters but in general I find bullet punch more useful.

Latias + Magneton + Weavile

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP/ 184 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Defog
-Healing Wish

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Hidden Power Fire
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Icicle Crash
-Knock Off
-Low Kick
-Ice Shard

This core aims to support a Weavile sweep. Latias helps break the likes of Mega Venusaur and threatens the Zards. It can Defog away hazards, which hinder the pivoting of the core, and can Healing Wish the other members in the late game. Magneton is the core's way of beating Talonflame, Clefable, Scizor, Ferrothorn, and water-types such as Starmie and Keldeo. It supports Weavile by bringing it in safely with Volt Switch. Weavile brings its powerful STABs in Icicle Crash and Knock Off to clean up teams, along with Low Kick to beat Tyranitar and Heatran and Ice Shard to revenge kill faster threats.

Last edited:
625.png +Mega-Gallade.png +Heatran.png
BISHARP + Mega GALLADE + HEATRAN

Psychic/Fighting, Dark/Steel types make excellent partners to each others.
Gallade resists fight types, Bisharp resists to flying, ghost types and is immune to psychic, and can Pursuit trap the Latwins. Last but not least, Heatran. Gallade and Bisharp are really weakeness to Talonflame, so ScarfTran helps they, thanks to Steel + Flash Fire it is the best counter for the bird.
This core work really well, the only problem is check the fighting types, such Keldeo and Lopunny. But Gallade win the 1 vs 1 against Keldeo, and Heatran outspeed MLopunny.

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch/Knock Off/Shadow Sneak

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
252 SpA Heatran Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lopunny: 220-259 (81.1 - 95.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Needs wobb cores, but it'd be lazy to post my darkspam core from the good cores thread #shamelessselfpromotion (while I have every right to post it as it is my core, I won't for the sake of making this a little more fun for myself). I requested this type combo with that core in mind, but I've just realised it'd be kinda cheaty to just re-post the core like I did with my week 5 core for last week, so I'll just take a core from a few variants of the team I used that core on:

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 240 Def / 220 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure / Pickpocket
IVs: 29 HP
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit / Poison Jab / Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Scizor @ Life Orb / Magost Berry / Cheri Berry / Rawst Berry
Ability: Technician
IVs: 29 HP
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower / Natural Gift

Wobb offense is my favorite playstyle, and this is ripped directly out of a number of teams with my darkspam core on it. Basically, Wobb functions the same as it does on the darkspam core (eliminates a lot of threats to darkspam (and, by extension, this core) to allow the rest of the team to wreak house) and Weavile either lures a threat to the team or traps something like a recovery-locked Reun/Bro/King/whatever or an Encore-locked Zam or whatever. However, Scizor is what separates this core from Bisharp. I'm not keen on offensive SD M-Zor as its immediate power is just too low and it sacrifices the ability to run Natural Gift to lure a threat to the team. This is where base Scizor comes into its own. If it runs LO+Superpower, its power is spectacular (Orb Scizor is one of the hardest physical attackers in the meta to switch into). The choice of Superpower and Natural Gift comes down to what your team struggles with: Superpower beats Taunt Tran switch-ins and Ferrothorn, Magost Gift beats Talonflame and Zard switch-ins, Cheri Gift beats Scizor, Ferrothorn and Skamory (these don't need to be on switch-in a lot of the time) and Rawst Gift lures the Water/Grounds and Rotom-W.

The reason to use Magost Berry over Micle Berry is that you don't miss any notable KOs while Micle is consumable with a really useless effect (it sucks to not be able to beat Talonflame switch-ins just because you were at low health), and the reason to use Cheri/Rawst Berry over Watmel/Rindo Berry (respectively) is because they have useful utility for Scizor beyond Natural Gift while, once again, not missing any notable KOs.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin

Well, this is an easy core to understand. Offensive jolly scizor to do it’s job to sd and kill everything. With its partner in crime of sd bisharp doing the same thing. This combined with starmie to check and kill everything those two are weak to. Running thunderbolt because I already have two lati@ checks. Very simple and easy.

PSD and simultaneous FWG core.
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: Atk 0
- Giga Drain
- Thunder Wave
- Ancient Power
- Healing Wish

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: Atk 0
- Magma Storm
- Protect
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Celebi and M-Gyarados are already a natural pairing. Celebi handles Fighting, Electric and Grass attacks as well as status with its bulk, typing and ability. It uses Thunder Wave to slow down many fast opponents, but the Modest LO spread is used as a lure to handle several Flying types like Talonflame, Char-Y and Thundurus. They are either OHKO from Ancient Power or Celebi is bulky enough to survive a hit if SpD Talonflame tries to Taunt or Thundurus uses HP Ice. Healing Wish gives Gyara a second lease on life and can reattempt a previously halted sweep. Otherwise just use Giga Drain to threaten water checks like Azumarill and Keldeo. Heatran uses Magma Storm and Taunt to help Celebi or Gyara set up easier. It's also a natural at handling M-Manectric who would be bothersome otherwise, and is a much needed 4x resist to U-Turn.

Sharkeisha (Sharpedo) (F) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

So I decided to build around the Pink Sharkeisha. I added standard sets for Sharkeisha. Then I added Onion Fairy(Celebi) to counter keldeo since sharkeisha can't handle it and to check azu. I made it offensive to lure in heatran, magnezone ,etc. I finally added magnezone since the other 2 members r piss ass weak to scizor,ferrothorn, and skarmory which magnezone can trap and kill for their benefit. A good teammate for this core is sp.def talonflame because it stops mega sableye and beats mega venusaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)