Type Exchange (Looking for a server!!!)

Not as if yet. If it is like mentally stupid then maybe. It still gets broken down by the like of entry hazards, weather and status as well as Mold Breaker mons. It is something that I feel should be prepped for in a way like in BH. But Shedinja Swords Dance + BP sounds really cool since it is immune to everything.
just noting BP+SD is illegal on Shedinja

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Unaware, I would like to stated this if I haven't already but Gothitelle and Gothorita are gonna be banned. I mean it isn't like anyone is gonna care if they are gone anyway so. When I was talking to a friend a while back he had brought up Inverse battles, while completely they have some pretty cool mons like Avalugg and stuff which can be pretty viable to. Also it would be cool if we got some theoryteams built just to see what you guys can come up with.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Code:
name: "Type Exchange",
        section: "Other Metagames",
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Gothitelle', 'Gothorita'],
Also this is just a little base point to start off if you would like coding, with the whole mega thing whatever is easier codem, "having megas just change back into regular typing" will be accepted since it seems that it was to troublesome before

Unaware, I would like to stated this if I haven't already but Gothitelle and Gothorita are gonna be banned. I mean it isn't like anyone is gonna care if they are gone anyway so. When I was talking to a friend a while back he had brought up Inverse battles, while completely they have some pretty cool mons like Avalugg and stuff which can be pretty viable to. Also it would be cool if we got some theoryteams built just to see what you guys can come up with.
Shadow Tag is banned by standard OU clauses, so we don't need to do any additional bans on Goth or Wobbuffet or whatever.

I'm not at my computer so I don't have the exact team with me, but a while back I did whip up a Trick Room team of Diancie -> Slowking -> Jellicent -> Dragalge -> Pangoro -> Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr enjoys that secondary STAB from Pangoro with Mach Punch and coverage. Pangoro takes STAB Gunk Shot and Dragon Claw with SD and Fighting coverage to break up Unaware users. Dragalge gets a useful defensive typing from Jellicent, as well as the ability to drop powerful Hydro Pumps. Jellicent doesn't mind a Water/Psychic typing, as much overlap as it has with Dragalge. Rock/Fairy suits Slowking, with STAB Power Gem to fuck up Flying-types. TR Diancie never made great use of its offensive STAB, so it tacitly accepts the Fighting typing from Conkeldurr.

I have other teams, but I can't construct them from memory.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Shadow Tag is banned by standard OU clauses, so we don't need to do any additional bans on Goth or Wobbuffet or whatever.

I'm not at my computer so I don't have the exact team with me, but a while back I did whip up a Trick Room team of Diancie -> Slowking -> Jellicent -> Dragalge -> Pangoro -> Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr enjoys that secondary STAB from Pangoro with Mach Punch and coverage. Pangoro takes STAB Gunk Shot and Dragon Claw with SD and Fighting coverage to break up Unaware users. Dragalge gets a useful defensive typing from Jellicent, as well as the ability to drop powerful Hydro Pumps. Jellicent doesn't mind a Water/Psychic typing, as much overlap as it has with Dragalge. Rock/Fairy suits Slowking, with STAB Power Gem to fuck up Flying-types. TR Diancie never made great use of its offensive STAB, so it tacitly accepts the Fighting typing from Conkeldurr.

I have other teams, but I can't construct them from memory.
Wobbufet with Shadow Tag is still playable unless it is just severely broken, it is kind of personal preference for making that decision but after seeing the results of the OU Shadow Tag people were disappointed that Wobbs couldn't be used viably anymore.

Interesting team concept like with the passing of Adapt Hydro Pumps look really efficient, as well as having that spin blocker typing, it kind of sucks because of Dark-moves. I wouldn't say it never makes use of its typing offensively but if your using Diancie as a suicide I definitely see that working as a GET RID OF THIS TYPING PLS type of situation

Wobbufet with Shadow Tag is still playable unless it is just severely broken, it is kind of personal preference for making that decision but after seeing the results of the OU Shadow Tag people were disappointed that Wobbs couldn't be used viably anymore.

Interesting team concept like with the passing of Adapt Hydro Pumps look really efficient, as well as having that spin blocker typing, it kind of sucks because of Dark-moves. I wouldn't say it never makes use of its typing offensively but if your using Diancie as a suicide I definitely see that working as a GET RID OF THIS TYPING PLS type of situation
I'm back at my computer, so here's the full team. It has some details that I'd forgotten earlier.
tfw no scald (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Heal Bell

scald machine (Slowking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Power Gem
- Scald

who up click scald (Jellicent) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Taunt
- Recover
- Scald

scalding hot (Dragalge) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

blease no scald (Pangoro) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance

fuck ur scalds (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
Diancie carries its mega stone because I have no other mega and because it reflects back Taunt if I need it to, while boosting Explosion's power. Slowking runs a Nasty Plot set with Rock/Water coverage, which has pretty good neutral coverage and gives me a little help against Ground-types. The rest is basically as described already.

Here's another team that I made around Porygon-Z.
Bara-Unbound (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Easy (Porygon-Z) @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse

Extreme Furry (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch

cool mgross nick (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

haha what (Latias) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mist Ball
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Tailwind

Pre-ORAS called... (Sableye) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Night Shade

PZ's STAB Psyshock + Dark Pulse hits everything except Dark-types hard. Mono-normal Lucario runs an Ekiller set with Fighting+Dark coverage to cover its bases. Fighting/Steel Mega Metagross comes in effortlessly on U-Turns and Dark-types aimed at Porygon-Z by dint of its typing (which is why I used Lucario), and also sets rocks because no fourth coverage move is terribly likely to do anything. At this point I'm aching for a Fighting-type switch-in and a scarfer, so I go back to the Hoopa-U and make it a Ghost/Dark type so I don't make myself even weaker to Knock Off or Stealth Rock. Drain Punch covers Dark-types offensively, while Gunk Shot handles Fairy-type checks. This mandates Sableye, which I give a standard stallbreaker set because I'm already running Megagross. I have one slot left and I need a defogger that can make use of Psychic/Steel typing, so I go with Latias, which has Levitate (giving me a Ground resist) and lots of utility moves. The set itself is experimental: Custap + 3 Utility moves that are all nice to have in a pinch. Sableye takes on a Psychic/Dragon typing, which... at least it can burn Pursuit trappers, okay?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ftr it only has ferroseed cause its funny to have it in the place f the gem. I could've had it jangling klefki too (would've been funnier) but i wasn't at a computer and didn't have the internet to reference from+im bad at drawing due to being born with two left hands (i.e. I have two genetically weak hands and had to develop a strong hand over the first ten years of my life).

Anyway do that this post isn't wasted i came up with a StunLugg god squad and a Wobbuffet squad for fun earlier.
Basedlord Jesi (Stunfisk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 44 HP / 224 Def / 240 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Yawn
- Pain Split / Discharge

Flat, not fat (Avalugg) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Hail

>Switch-ins (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Water]

STAB ESpeed ez (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Lol hail (Abomasnow) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed

I just wanted stunfisk to have STAB Scald (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
basically just built on a whim. Prolly sucks but w/e lol stunfisk is a broken passer. Avalugg the bird and elec counter, can avoid a 2HKO from ada LO KyuB's Outrage (inheriting from amphy) before rocks with this investment while sitll handling other elecs/birds well (barring pory cause that shit has no counters beyond volt absorb+ice resist lol). Then it became hail cause ice body+adapta blizzard is op.
Lando Fett (Wobbuffet) (M) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 68 Def / 252 SpD / 188 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat

Braviary (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 29 HP
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
ez nice 'n' powerful Lando Fett webs squad. No setup abuse beyond Lando tho. Make sure to elim Skarm with Nape or PZ before you attempt to sweep with this thing.

I have a feeling many good steel typings would be passed around and as such, magnezone would be very useful, but what makes it great is that you can change magnezone's type to a fire type and trap steels.

Yo SlaySlenderDragon XD nice meta you have right here, it would be a shame if no one programmed it.

So...
config/formats.js
Code:
{
    desc: [
        "&bullet; <a href=\"http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/type-exchange.3556479/\">Type Exchange Metagame Discussion</a>",
        "&bullet; <a href=\"http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/type-exchange.3556479/page-2#post-6547201/\">Gothitelle & Gothorita Quick Ban</a>"
    ],
    ruleset: [/*'OU',*/ 'Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
    banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', /*'Shadow Tag',*/ 'Gothitelle', 'Gothorita'],
    onBegin: function () {
        [this.p1.pokemon,this.p2.pokemon].forEach(function(pokemons) {
            let last_pokemon = {
                types: pokemons[pokemons.length-1].types,
                typesData: pokemons[pokemons.length-1].typesData,
            };
            for (let i = pokemons.length-1; i > 0; i--) {
                pokemons[i].types = pokemons[i-1].types;
                pokemons[i].typesData = pokemons[i-1].typesData;
            }
            pokemons[0].types = last_pokemon.types;
            pokemons[0].typesData = last_pokemon.typesData;
        })
    },
},

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Oh my gosh thank
Yo SlaySlenderDragon XD nice meta you have right here, it would be a shame if no one programmed it.

So...
config/formats.js
Code:
{
    desc: [
        "&bullet; <a href=\"http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/type-exchange.3556479/\">Type Exchange Metagame Discussion</a>",
        "&bullet; <a href=\"http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/type-exchange.3556479/page-2#post-6547201/\">Gothitelle & Gothorita Quick Ban</a>"
    ],

ruleset: [/*'OU',*/ 'Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
    banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', /*'Shadow Tag',*/ 'Gothitelle', 'Gothorita'],
    onBegin: function () {
        [this.p1.pokemon,this.p2.pokemon].forEach(function(pokemons) {
            let last_pokemon = {
                species: pokemons[pokemons.length-1].species,
                types: pokemons[pokemons.length-1].types,
                typesData: pokemons[pokemons.length-1].typesData,
            };
            for (let i = pokemons.length-1; i >= 0; i--) {
                if (i != 0) {
                    pokemons[i].types = pokemons[i-1].types;
                    pokemons[i].typesData = pokemons[i-1].typesData;
                } else {
                    pokemons[i].types = last_pokemon.types;
                    pokemons[i].typesData = last_pokemon.typesData;
                }
            }
        })
    },
},
you sooooooooooooo much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)