Type Exchange (Looking for a server!!!)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
JS, but real men use Golem as Lando-T's donor. Yea, you heard me: Golem - not Rhy

On a more serious note, I am actually terrified of giving Gothitelle resistances... I swear Ferrotelle is legit impossible for stall to break through in its OU state...

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
JS, but real men use Golem as Lando-T's donor. Yea, you heard me: Golem - not Rhy

On a more serious note, I am actually terrified of giving Gothitelle resistances... I swear Ferrotelle is legit impossible for stall to break through in its OU state...
When it gets coded I think there will be a suspect for Gothitelle heck maybe and insta ban.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Why have we made shedinja a close to unstoppable monster?

Give it something like heatrans or elektross it's typing and your golden
yep what the ladder will look like
Goth Stall with better typing
Eelecktross + Shedinja
Mega Ampharos + KB with a second useful STAB

Guys?
Heatran seems like a seriously good donor; Steel/Fire is amazing defensive typing, and (Mega) Latias could make great use of it with Levitate and its good utility options. Steel/Fire with Limber for the ultimate status counter anyone?
Rotom - Mow with magic guard. No sleep (via grass moves), no paralysis, who cares about toxic and wow?
:P

Rotom - Mow with magic guard. No sleep (via grass moves), no paralysis, who cares about toxic and wow?
:P
Well, let's see...the best recipient would probably be Clefable then. It's the only one able to use both STABs (via Grass Knot and Thunderbolt). Second best is Reuniclus (Energy Ball and Thunder). Alakazam and Sigilyph don't have any good electric moves so I would not recommend them.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Being able to have both BoltBeam and BoltDrain coverage in one set is pretty sweet for any Electric-type, so passing it to something with access to Thunderbolt+Giga Drain then rounding off the coverage with HP Ice (or Ice Beam for a lucky few) seems sweet

Even without passing Levitate, Eelektross seems like one of the better pure elec donors due to its amazing coverage options. I mean, it benefits from all of stab elec, fight, fire, bug and dark, which leaves team options wide open.

Probably not the best idea because you'd gain a bucket load of weaknesses, but Hippowdon inheriting some sort of Rock typing would greatly increase its mixed walling capabilities with the massive SpD boost from Sand + Rock.

Also Tyrantrum can inherit from Rotom-F to get some nice Physical STAB BoltBeam boosted by Strong Jaw.
Dragon Dance + STAB Ice Fang + STAB Thunder Fang + Strong Jaw is gonna be pretty sweet.

Plus there are bucket loads of things that Rotom-F (Or any Rotom form for that matter) can inherit typings from to become extremely good. Like Lanturn.
Rotom actually gets some really cool moves which aren't used on any of his forms like Foul Play and Dark Pulse, or Hex and Shadow Ball, so inheriting from a Dark or Ghost type would be really cool.
Will-O-Wisp/Thunder Wave/Toxic + STAB Hex is a great combo, Mega Sableye is the best Ghost to inherit from cause of STAB Foul Play too so that'll be pretty neat.
Bisharp will give you only one STAB, but its on Foul Play or Dark Pulse so its still pretty good. Plus you get a crap tonne of resistances and only 2 weaknesses thanks to Levitate (though 4x to Fighting).
Lastly Skuntank or Drapion could also give you that nice Dark STAB as well as 0 weaknesses. But that would involve having to find a niche for Skuntank and Drapion outside of their Poison/Dark typing.

Also I can see STAB Extreme Speed becoming really popular and defining (because it becomes popular and defining in pretty much every meta is possible in).
Dragonite, Lucario and Zygarde all get Extreme Speed + Earthquake for epic coverage and can inherit STAB on them from Diggersby. Inheriting from Diggersby becomes even nicer when you consider that Diggersby can inherit sooo many typings thanks to its extremely expansive physical movepool.

But the best typing for Diggersby imo is Dark type by far, and if you played Hidden Type before you'd know why.
FREAKING DARK DEATH DIGGERSBY HYPE!!! #DDD
So those of you who don't understand. Diggersby gets Foul Play, and Foul Play uses the opposing atk stat and boosts, but is still boosted by your own Huge Power and STAB. So rather than having Diggersby's 56 Atk + Huge Power, you get your opponent's Atk stat + Huge Power. Even special attackers like Starmie have 75 Atk. And walls like Hippowdon have 112 Atk! Hippowdon's atk is literally double Diggersby's. That is power.
Basically the main idea with Darth Death Diggersby is to slap on a Scarf and revenge kill everything ever.
Also I believe Choice Band boosts the power of Foul Play too so if you wanna go for an unfair wall breaker approach you can do that too.

Calcs:

Scarf:
252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 233-275 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(^ Resisted Hit!!!)
252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 291-343 (103.5 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Band:
252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 237-279 (56.4 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 159-187 (46.2 - 54.3%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO

Awesome meta!
#DDD

Just when i thought espeed/boomburst spam stopped it didn't yes every espeed user needs to use normal/ground for stab espeed and earthquake from diggersby but noivern can replace his flying type which didn't do it any favors for normal too bad there is no normal dragon so he can just be pure normal and just spam boomburst with coverage moves

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Probably not the best idea because you'd gain a bucket load of weaknesses, but Hippowdon inheriting some sort of Rock typing would greatly increase its mixed walling capabilities with the massive SpD boost from Sand + Rock.

Also Tyrantrum can inherit from Rotom-F to get some nice Physical STAB BoltBeam boosted by Strong Jaw.
Dragon Dance + STAB Ice Fang + STAB Thunder Fang + Strong Jaw is gonna be pretty sweet.

Plus there are bucket loads of things that Rotom-F (Or any Rotom form for that matter) can inherit typings from to become extremely good. Like Lanturn.
Rotom actually gets some really cool moves which aren't used on any of his forms like Foul Play and Dark Pulse, or Hex and Shadow Ball, so inheriting from a Dark or Ghost type would be really cool.
Will-O-Wisp/Thunder Wave/Toxic + STAB Hex is a great combo, Mega Sableye is the best Ghost to inherit from cause of STAB Foul Play too so that'll be pretty neat.
Bisharp will give you only one STAB, but its on Foul Play or Dark Pulse so its still pretty good. Plus you get a crap tonne of resistances and only 2 weaknesses thanks to Levitate (though 4x to Fighting).
Lastly Skuntank or Drapion could also give you that nice Dark STAB as well as 0 weaknesses. But that would involve having to find a niche for Skuntank and Drapion outside of their Poison/Dark typing.

Also I can see STAB Extreme Speed becoming really popular and defining (because it becomes popular and defining in pretty much every meta is possible in).
Dragonite, Lucario and Zygarde all get Extreme Speed + Earthquake for epic coverage and can inherit STAB on them from Diggersby. Inheriting from Diggersby becomes even nicer when you consider that Diggersby can inherit sooo many typings thanks to its extremely expansive physical movepool.

But the best typing for Diggersby imo is Dark type by far, and if you played Hidden Type before you'd know why.
So those of you who don't understand. Diggersby gets Foul Play, and Foul Play uses the opposing atk stat and boosts, but is still boosted by your own Huge Power and STAB. So rather than having Diggersby's 56 Atk + Huge Power, you get your opponent's Atk stat + Huge Power. Even special attackers like Starmie have 75 Atk. And walls like Hippowdon have 112 Atk! Hippowdon's atk is literally double Diggersby's. That is power.
Basically the main idea with Darth Death Diggersby is to slap on a Scarf and revenge kill everything ever.
Also I believe Choice Band boosts the power of Foul Play too so if you wanna go for an unfair wall breaker approach you can do that too.

Calcs:

Scarf:
252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 233-275 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(^ Resisted Hit!!!)
252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 291-343 (103.5 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Band:
252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 237-279 (56.4 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 159-187 (46.2 - 54.3%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO

Awesome meta!
#DDD
Just when i thought espeed/spam stopped it didn't yes every espeed user needs to use normal/ground for stab espeed and earthquake from diggersby but noivern can replace his flying type which didn't do it any favors for normal too bad there is no normal dragon so he can just be pure normal and just spam boomburst with coverage moves
Diggersby Tho?!?
I really like the idea of Diggersby in this meta, it is one of those pokemon that has a good donor type since most pokemon just need Earthquake and Return to abuse its STAB as well as boosting ESpeed and Quick Attack. But Diggersby also has some good coverage, surprising in fact. Steel, Fire, Ice, Fighting, Electric, Rock, Dark, Posion, Bug (STAB U-TURN).

Calcs:

Scarf:
(^ Resisted Hit!!!)

Band:

Awesome meta!
#DDD
Maybe the damage calc is being buggy, but normally choice band shouldn't increase the power of foul play, only items that boost the power of the actual move have an effect on foul play's output (ie black glasses, life orb). For the same reason raising your own attack stat doesn't effect your opponent's attack, which is why SD'ing with foul play is pointless. (But then again howcome huge power increases foul play's damage output when it's only supposed to double your own attack stat? And howcome if the user is burnt foul play will do halve damage but is supposed to use the attack of your opponent? foul play is weird lol)

Maybe the damage calc is being buggy, but normally choice band shouldn't increase the power of foul play, only items that boost the power of the actual move have an effect on foul play's output (ie black glasses, life orb). For the same reason raising your own attack stat doesn't effect your opponent's attack, which is why SD'ing with foul play is pointless. (But then again howcome huge power increases foul play's damage output when it's only supposed to double your own attack stat? And howcome if the user is burnt foul play will do halve damage but is supposed to use the attack of your opponent? foul play is weird lol)
From Bulbapedia:
"With the exception of the Attack stat and Attack stat modifier, all other factors affecting damage calculation, including the item, Ability, type, and status ailment of the user of Foul Play, are incorporated as normal. An exception to this are Huge Power and Pure Power Abilities, Foul Play will be calculated with double the target's attack stat only if the user has one of the Abilities."

Martin

Just when i thought espeed/spam stopped it didn't yes every espeed user needs to use normal/ground for stab espeed and earthquake from diggersby but noivern can replace his flying type which didn't do it any favors for normal too bad there is no normal dragon so he can just be pure normal and just spam boomburst with coverage moves
Inherit from Staraptor for STAB Hurricane and Boomburst

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Inherit from Staraptor for STAB Hurricane and Boomburst
Funny you bring up Staraphtor, in this metagame there are pokemon that have really good donors but also some pretty bad ones as well but they love recieving some typings. So what about suicide bombers? Have to pass the crappy psychic typing from Wobbs to another pokemon, just give it to staraphtor and have it kill itself. Ice-type is garbage, give it to staraphtor and have it kill itself, want to obey satan and his orders, kill yourself. But Staraphtor can be good for a pokemon that gives off a bad typing.

Martin

Funny you bring up Staraphtor, in this metagame there are pokemon that have really good donors but also some pretty bad ones as well but they love recieving some typings. So what about suicide bombers? Have to pass the crappy psychic typing from Wobbs to another pokemon, just give it to staraphtor and have it kill itself. Ice-type is garbage, give it to staraphtor and have it kill itself, want to obey satan and his orders, kill yourself. But Staraphtor can be good for a pokemon that gives off a bad typing.
I mean, you could do that, or you could just give psychic to something with actual utility to your team. Lots of Pokemon would love Ice STAB, lots of Pokemon would love Psychic STAB. Suicide bombing for the sake of taking a "bad" typing doesn't sound that useful tbh. Staraptor could always inherit something like bug for U-turn or even fighting for CC to greater effect than acting as a disposable item.

Martin

O crap the hawlucha point meant that ive just clocked that pinsir's secondary type will always be replaced by flying ;;;;

at least it can still be landosir XD

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
ANNOUNCMENT!
Gothitelle / Gothorita Quick Ban
Looking for someone to make a banner
Looking for someone to code this metagame

I have decided that Gothitelle/Gothorita would be to overwhelming in this meta being able to trap theoretically anything it wants to due to the new typing. The reason for banning Gothitelle/Gothorita instead of just Shadow Tag directly is that no one would care if you couldn't use Gothitelle/Gothorita and while Wobbs may be a bit overwhelming at times due to the new type it cannot just single handedly sweep a team just because you brought one pokemon.

If you are interested in making a banner I have only one idea that shouldn't be to hard to make. Basically on the left side I want a Heatran with flies hanging over it and a hydreigon to the lest with some type of steaming armor. I the middle it says Type Exchange and maybe if you want to you can put an arrow coming from Heatran going to Hydreigon.

If anyone can and wants to code this please go right ahead, I know many people are eager to try this out as am I as well so that would be appreciated.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I'm busy this week but if I have time I'll try to code it. Already messed around with the idea, didn't get it to work but made some progress (I think. It's hard to tell). Code will happen eventually, just kinda busy right now. Great idea though and I'm interested in coding it!

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I'm busy this week but if I have time I'll try to code it. Already messed around with the idea, didn't get it to work but made some progress (I think. It's hard to tell). Code will happen eventually, just kinda busy right now. Great idea though and I'm interested in coding it!
thanks man this really does help I'll give proper mentions once it is finished coding.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Is Shedinja banned?

If not, lolelectricairballoon
Not as if yet. If it is like mentally stupid then maybe. It still gets broken down by the like of entry hazards, weather and status as well as Mold Breaker mons. It is something that I feel should be prepped for in a way like in BH. But Shedinja Swords Dance + BP sounds really cool since it is immune to everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)