Programming Type Matchup Calculator

I'm beginning to use Python, so I thought it would be good practice to work on a web app. This calculator is the result.

Features:
  • Dual type support
  • Inverse type chart support (can become handy ;)
  • Ability support (e.g., Dry Skin, Heatproof, Sap Sipper, etc.)
  • Mobile friendly (tested with iPhone only)

Tip: you can hover an icon to see the damage multiplier.

I hope you find it useful. I'm open to suggestions, bug reports and questions!

Type Matchup Calculator →

Changelog:
  • 2014-05-04: supports Wonder Guard
  • 2014-05-05: Flying is immune to Ground :P
  • 2014-05-09: Storm Drain/Water Absorb grant Water immunity

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wonder Guard doesn't work on the calculator, you might wanna fix that. Also, are there any plans on adding Pokemon? ie. type in a Pokemon and it shows the weaknesses.

Wonder Guard doesn't work on the calculator, you might wanna fix that. Also, are there any plans on adding Pokemon? ie. type in a Pokemon and it shows the weaknesses.
Thanks for pointing that out! I completely forgot about that ability, it should work now.

I'll consider implementing your suggestion. My initial plan was to make a team builder app. Most of them don't take into account abilities and I haven't seen one that supports the inverse type chart. This should be my next (summer) project!

Last edited:
You are not able to make the ability INPUT empty after you calculated type matchups. (Only manually by changing in the URL

In the future, could you make a full type chart similar to this, but with inverse?
pokemondb.net/type/dual
Edit: And/or an offense calculator?

Last edited:
When I typed in Grass/Ice for the regular type matchups, it only showed 6 weaknesses instead of 7. The weakness that is missing is the Steel-type. Can you add that type to that type combination's weaknesses please?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)