Type OMelette [Coded-looking for server!]

Approved by The Immortal and Eevee General. Previously known as 'Types of Egg'.

TYPE OMelette

Making a better image soon!

Egg Groups have been coded into Showdown for convenience, and are important when breeding Pokémon for competitive in-game. But on PS, they don't serve much use at all.
So what if your Egg Group helped to decide your type?

That's right, in 'Types of Egg', a Pokémon's new type is decided by it's Egg Group. Here's what Egg Group corresponds to what type:

• Amorphous = +Ghost type (Ghost types fit the description of being amorphous than any other type)
  • Bug = +Bug type (Obvious reasons)
  • Ditto = +Normal type (Ditto is the only Pokemon in this group for obvious reasons, any other type makes no sense)
  • Dragon = +Dragon type
  • Fairy = +Fairy type
  • Field = +Ground type (Since Grass is taken, the Ground type seems closest to a 'Field', may be subject to change)
  • Flying = +Flying type
  • Grass = +Grass type
  • Human-like = +Fighting type (Along with Psychic types, Fighting types commonly have human-like bodies, but the majority of Pokemon in this Egg Group fit 'Fighting' more than 'Psychic')
  • Monster = +Dark type (Monsters are scary! Suggested by Eevee General)
  • Mineral = +Rock type ('Minerals' tend to mean Rocks instead of metals in comparison)
  • Undiscovered = +Psychic type (The closest type to mystery and wiseness, associated with those 'Legendary' and babies and female rhinos apparently is the Psychic type)
  • Water 1/2/3 = +Water type

The Rules of adding types are here:

Now, a Pokémon's type changes to whatever Egg Group it has + its original type. For example;

Raticate is Normal type by default. Since it is in the Field Egg Group and only that, it gains the Ground type, becoming Normal/Ground.

Magnezone is Electric/Steel type by default. Since it is in the Mineral Egg Group and only that, the Rock type replaces the secondary typing, becoming Electric/Rock.

Ariados is Bug/Poison type by default. Since it is in the Bug Egg Group, and since it is already Bug type, its type is unchanged, and remains Bug/Poison.

Glalie is Ice type by default. Since it is in the Fairy Egg Group and the Mineral Egg Group, it becomes Fairy/Rock type.

Stunfisk is Ground/Electric by default. Since it is in the Water 1 Egg Group and Amorphous Egg Group, it becomes Water/Ghost type.

Malamar is Dark/Psychic by default. Since it is in the Water 1 Egg Group and Water 3 Egg Group, it becomes pure Water type. (Malamar and Inkay are the only Pokémon currently which have this unique type change)

For a list of all the type changes see here --> LINK
Any fully-evolved Pokémon not in the file have no type change. Brackets around a Pokémon and its type mean it is banned. By default, if a fully-evolved Pokémon is on the file, its pre-evolutions will have the same type unless stated. If there are any mistakes in the file, please notify me.
All OU Clauses and Banlists apply.
Megas and Forms that change typing will instead keep the typing of their normal form. E.g. Mega Aggron will also be Steel/Dark. This is because their Egg Groups remain the same.

Points for Discussion:
  • Should some Pokémon be unbanned because of newfound bad typing?
  • What 'Interesting Type Things' can you find?
  • What sets can be made from these retypes?
  • What more Pokémon get (dis)advantages from their retypes?
  • What threats are around?
  • Should any other Pokémon be banned?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
( Bold = STAB )
By The Pizza Man

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Abillity: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head / Roost
- Fusion Bolt / Roost

By Chopin Alkaninoff

Special Crawdaunt (Blastoise) @ Blastoisinite
Abillity: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse

Mega Sharpedo 2.0 (Tyrantrum) @ Life Orb
Abillity: Strong Jaw
Adamant/Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Fang/Head Smash
- Dragon Dance

By TheBlueFiretruck

Manaphy @ Whatever
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf/Scald
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam/Blizzard

Suggest more sets down below!

Advantages from Sap Sipper

Motor Drive with Electric immunity .-.

Weird new typings

Possible type advantages

Possible type disadvantages

Can I suggest a new name for this meta?
Yeah, sure. I'll consider any suggestions- 'Types of Egg' isn't so catchy atm.

There's an error in the justpasteit....
Thanks! Just tell me and I'll fix it straight away.

Would you consider adding moves to the Pokemon with new types?
No. I had considered it already but the mods and I agreed it would be better without the addition of moves.

Isn't this a Pet Mod?
No it's not. All OMs must have one rule that everything must follow, and that is what we have in Types of Egg.

I don't think that the ---- egg group should be ---- type...
I'll consider it :]

0.04 - Aegislash is banned, meta is now called Type Omelette instead of Types of Egg.
0.03 - Started actual thread.
0.022 - The Rotom Forms are now all Electric/Ghost.
0.021 - Drapion is correctly Bug/Water instead of Poison/Water.
0.02 - Monster now adds the Dark type, removal of move additions.
0.01 - Submitted Idea to OM Submissions.

Last edited:
I quite like this idea even though it's complicated at first assuming you know the egg groups you would know that

Blissey has a much better typing now and might be worth using again. Gyarados gets to spam Dragon type moves again. Dragonite is going to love its new typing, it gets STAB Aqua Jet and it's flying typing didn't really do much except give it a Spikes/Webs immunity. Feraligatr is now the same as it was in Hidden Type. Dark + Water STAB is awesome. Wobbuffet has a weird typing. Not sure how Gliscor works. Breloom is considerably worse, though a defensive set might be worthwhile. Altaria and Gardevoir both loose their Fairy typing.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
You should remove the mentions of Landorus-I in the OP since it was just banned from OU (And honestly its only better here)

Also, I think that Aegislash can be unbanned, it is now a Steel/Rock type instead of a Steel/Ghost type, which really hurts it quite a bit. For one, it no longer is a good answer to fighting types, infact it literally dies to any fighting type out there. Its stabs are really not so spammable either anymore, since it has lost Shadow Ball stab and a lot of stuff in this meta resists rock thanks to field giving the ground typing, and a lot of the stuff it formally checked runs coverage that decimates Aegislash anyways

For some interesting stuff, there is Kyurem-B (Dragon/Psychic now), Alakazam (Psychic/Fighting now), and Manaphyy (Water/Fairy)

Stab is bolded

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head / Roost
- Fusion Bolt / Roost

Last edited:
You should remove the mentions of Landorus-I in the OP since it was just banned from OU (And honestly its only better here)
Really? I'm not really an OU person myself, thanks for telling me. :P
Also, I think that Aegislash can be unbanned, it is now a Steel/Rock type instead of a Steel/Ghost type, which really hurts it quite a bit. For one, it no longer is a good answer to fighting types, infact it literally dies to any fighting type out there. Its stabs are really not so spammable either anymore, since it has lost Shadow Ball stab and a lot of stuff in this meta resists rock thanks to field giving the ground typing, and a lot of the stuff it formally checked runs coverage that decimates Aegislash anyways
I'll see what other people think.
Also, how does Mega Evolution typing work?
Megas and Forms that change typing will instead keep the typing of their normal form. E.g. Mega Aggron will also be Steel/Dark. This is because their Egg Groups remain the same.
Stab is bolded

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head / Roost
- Fusion Bolt / Roost
Thanks for the set, I'll add it the the OP asap. :]

definitely support looking at aegi for unbanning, was the one of the first things that jumped out at me looking through the list.

also, grass, water and ice-type attackers seem to have received a significant buff, with ground typing being added to so many mons.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Rhyperior, no longer 4x weak to anything. Given how Rock is a bad defensive typing in the first place, pretty sure it should have less weaknesses too... speed still holds it back, but Solid Rock should do something at least.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Rhyperior, no longer 4x weak to anything. Given how Rock is a bad defensive typing in the first place, pretty sure it should have less weaknesses too... speed still holds it back, but Solid Rock should do something at least.
Dark/Ground and Rock/Ground have the same number of weaknesses, Dark/Ground doesn't have any 4x weaknesses but its still the same amount

SpartanMalice

Hmm, although as dark is weak to bug and fighting it's no less worse than being weak to grass and water, all four are common. Except with 2x and Solid Rock, should better imo. Gets Crunch, but apparently not knock off.

I tried updating the JustPasteIt will all the names due to a request by +SpartanMalice in the OtherMetas room on PS, but JustPasteIt keeps crashing, so sorry for any inconvenience anyone has when finding specific Pokemon.

There was one suggestion in the room that the Amorphous Egg Group should make Pokemon Poison type, and that the Undiscovered Egg Group should make Pokemon Ghost type.
EDIT: Should the Mineral Egg Group make Pokemon Steel type?

Also, there are some possible new names for the meta that people came up with that were pretty good:
Eggzelant, Type Omelette, Eggzibit
And some... well...
Egg: The Meta, Egg Types, Miles Eggsworth

What do you think?

Last edited:
I'd support Aegi unban. It was a counter to Fighting types, but Fighting types counter it now.

Special Crawdaunt (Blastoise) @ Blastoisinite
Abillity: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse

Mega Sharpedo 2.0 (Tyrantrum) @ Life Orb
Abillity: Strong Jaw
Adamant/Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Fang/Head Smash
- Dragon Dance

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Type Omelette",
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Arceus', 'Blaziken', 'Darkrai', 'Deoxys', 'Deoxys-Attack', 'Deoxys-Defense', 'Deoxys-Speed', 'Dialga', 'Genesect', 'Giratina', 'Giratina-Origin', 'Greninja', 'Groudon', 'Ho-Oh', 'Kyogre', 'Kyurem-White', 'Landorus', 'Lugia', 'Mewtwo', 'Palkia', 'Rayquaza', 'Reshiram', 'Shaymin-Sky', 'Xerneas', 'Yveltal', 'Zekrom', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite', 'Salamencite'],
        mod: 'mileseggsworth', //This is a pun, and was the most popular in name submissions.
        //Since this metagame uses custom types, let's make the types known to the players.
        onSwitchIn: function (pokemon) {
            var typeStr = pokemon.types[0];
            if (pokemon.types[1]) typeStr += '/' + pokemon.types[1]
            this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typechange', typeStr);
        }
    },
mods/mileseggsworth/scripts.js
Code:
exports.BattleScripts = {
    init: function () {
        for (var i in this.data.Pokedex) {
            //Variable Initialization
            var pokemon = this.data.Pokedex[i];
            var types = pokemon.types;
            var eggGroups = pokemon.eggGroups;
            var typeObj = {
                Amorphous: 'Ghost',
                Bug: 'Bug',
                Ditto: 'Normal',
                Dragon: 'Dragon',
                Fairy: 'Fairy',
                Field: 'Ground',
                Flying: 'Flying',
                Grass: 'Grass',
                'Human-like': 'Fighting',
                Monster: 'Dark',
                Mineral: 'Rock',
                Undiscovered: 'Psychic',
                'Water 1': 'Water',
                'Water 2': 'Water',
                'Water 3': 'Water'
            };
            var eggTypes = [];
            var newTypes = [];
            //types: The unmodified types of the Pokemon.
            //eggGroups: The egg groups of the Pokemon.
            //typeObj: The relationship between the egg groups of the Pokemon and the new types.
            //eggTypes: The types that correspond to the egg groups of the Pokemon.
            //newTypes: The modified types of the Pokemon.

//Type Judgment
            if (typeObj[eggGroups[0]]) {
                eggTypes = [typeObj[eggGroups[0]]];
            } else { //Error Prevention
                eggTypes = ['Normal'];
            }
            if (eggGroups[1] && typeObj[eggGroups[1]]) eggTypes[1] = typeObj[eggGroups[1]];
            if (eggTypes.length === 2 && eggTypes[0] === eggTypes[1]) eggTypes = [eggTypes[0]]; //Water X + Water Y special case

//Type Determination
            if (eggTypes.length === 1) {
                if (types.length === 1 && types[0] === eggTypes[0]) {
                    newTypes = types;
                } else if (types.length === 2 && types.indexOf(eggTypes[0]) > -1) {
                    newTypes = types;
                } else {
                    newTypes = [types[0], eggTypes[0]];
                }
            } else if (eggTypes.length === 2) {
                newTypes = eggTypes;
                newTypes = ['Normal'];
            }

//Finalize Modification
            this.modData('Pokedex', i).types = newTypes;
        }
    }
};

Last edited:
Shedninja now only has 3 weaknesses instead of 5, but unfortunately still dies to Stealth Rock. Even so, Bug/Rock is really good typing that cancels out a lot of weaknesses.

EDIT:

Manaphy @ Whatever
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf/Scald
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam/Blizzard

Manaphy gets STAB on Dazzling Gleam now :]

Last edited:
OU-relevant nerfs that I've identified:
  • Magnezone -- Electric/Rock. No Rock STAB, generally worse defensive typing.
  • Sylveon -- Fairy/Ground. Nice to have a STAB on HP Ground for coverage, but it gets a stable of new weaknesses.
  • Porygon-Z -- Normal/Rock. Too many new weaknesses, no new STAB.
  • Snorlax -- Normal/Dark. Nice Dark STAB, but now Fighting-types can plow through it.
  • Zapdos -- Electric/Psychic. Does not appreciate being grounded around all these new Ground-types.
  • Feraligatr -- Water/Dark. STAB Crunch.
  • Ampharos-Mega -- Dark/Ground. No STABs.
  • Weavile -- Dark/Ground. No Ground STAB, loses Ice-type attacker niche.
  • Suicune -- Water/Psychic. Suicune wasn't getting KOed through its new resistances, but it can be through three new weaknesses.
  • Sceptile-Mega -- Dark/Dragon. No Special Dark STAB, loses its cool double-resistances that helped it switch in.
  • Gardevoir-Mega -- Psychic/Ghost. No STAB on Pixilated moves, bad defensive typing.
  • Gallade-Mega -- Psychic/Ghost. STAB Shadow Sneak is nice, but no STAB CC sucks. Bad defensive typing.
  • Breloom -- Fairy/Grass. No Fairy STAB, loses STAB Mach Punch/Drain Punch.
  • Shedinja -- Bug/Rock. Only weak to Rock, Steel, and Water, only the third of which is probably all that good here.
  • Sableye-Mega -- Dark/Fighting. Too many new weaknesses, double Fairy weakness. No use for Fighting typing.
  • Mawile-Mega -- Fairy/Ground. Worse defensive typing by far, loses Steel STAB, no new Ground STAB. Unban?
  • Aggron-Mega -- Steel/Dark. A double-weakness, and loses a few resists.
  • Altaria-Mega -- Flying/Dragon. Worse defensive typing, no STAB on Pixilated moves.
  • Glalie-Mega -- Fairy/Rock. No STABs, no STAB on Refrigerated moves.
  • Metagross-Mega -- Steel/Rock. Much worse defensive typing, with two double weaknesses, one of which is to a common STAB type.
  • Lopunny-Mega -- Ground/Fighting. Loses infamous neutral Scrappy coverage, no good Ground STAB.
  • Rotom Formes -- Electric/Ghost. Lose whatever niche they had in OU, basically.
  • Abomasnow-Mega -- Dark/Grass. Weak to its own hail, no Ice-type attacking. Grass is a nice attacking type, though.
  • Heatran -- Fire/Psychic. RIP awesome defensive typing ;~;
  • Ferrothorn -- Grass/Rock. Substantially worse defensive typing, Toxic-prone, no STAB Gyro Ball. RIP
  • Terrakion -- Rock/Psychic. Zen Headbutt is piddling compensation for lost Fighting STAB.
  • Thundurus -- Electric/Psychic. Doesn't like being grounded around here.
  • Keldeo -- Water/Psychic. No STAB on Secret Sword.
  • Aegislash -- Steel/Rock. Same problems as Mega Metagross, doesn't check nearly as much stuff now.
  • Klefki -- Steel/Rock. And again.
  • Diancie-Mega -- Rock/Psychic. Misses Fairy STAB.
Buffs:
  • Alakazam -- Psychic/Fighting. Gets a STAB Focus Blast.
  • Electivire -- Electric/Fighting. Likes STAB on Cross Chop? I dunno whether that makes it matter.
  • Gyarados -- Water/Dragon. Great defensive typing, loves STAB Outrage / Dragon Tail
  • Vaporeon -- Water/Ground. Doesn't worry about Electric-types any more. Shame about Grass-types, though.
  • Dragonite -- Water/Dragon. STAB Aqua Jet and Aqua Tail, great defensive typing. A lot like Gyarados.
  • Miltank -- Normal/Ground. Sap Sipper on this typing is quite nice, STAB Earthquake.
  • Roserade -- Fairy/Grass. With Technician HP Ground, excellent SE coverage. Fairy STAB is good here, with fewer Steels and powerful Water/Dragons. Grass is also nice to hit new Water- and Ground-types.
  • Milotic -- Water/Dragon. Great defensive typing.
  • Zoroark -- Dark/Ground. If anyone were using Electric-type attacks, it could come in and soak one up.
  • Haxorus -- Dark/Dragon. STAB Night Slash is cool.
  • Kyurem-Black -- Dragon/Psychic. STAB Zen Headbutt.
  • Dragalge -- Water/Dragon. Luv dat Adaptability Scald/Hydro Pump.

Other interesting things:
  • Gliscor -- Ground/Bug. Trades some resistances around, but could still be good.
  • Raikou -- Electric/Psychic. STAB Extrasensory, but there are some Dark-types lurking about.
  • Empoleon -- Water/Ground. Nice to have only one weakness, but the Water/Steel resistances were nice.
  • Garchomp -- Dark/Dragon. No idea whether this is good or not.
  • Lucario -- Fighting/Ground. STAB Earthquake is cool, but it has worse Special sets and no STAB Bullet Punch.
  • Manaphy -- Water/Fairy. STAB Dazzling Gleam is nice, but idk how relevant it is, and the new weaknesses are no fun.
  • Bisharp -- Dark/Fighting. Has nice STAB in Low Kick, but is that enough to make up for lost Steel-typing? Worse against Fairies now.
  • Chesnaught -- Grass/Ground. Transitioned from a typing that resisted Edgequake... to the other typing that resists Edgequake.
  • Tyrantrum loses its famed recoil-less Head Smash, but gains a STAB on its Strong Jaw-boosted Crunch now. Hm.
To be honest, with that many things made worse, I don't know what's good any more. Probably non-grounded things, Grass-types, Ice-type attackers, the few usable Steel-types left.

Any chance we could get like, a google doc with every Pokemon's name and new typing? The justpaste.it isn't searchable at all and it's tiresome.

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

I'll be glad if we go for Miles Eggworth since I suggested it and it's awesome :p although it doesn't sound like a meta name.

As I stated earlier, Gliscor loses the 4x ice weakness to gain Fire and Flying and ironically resists against it's old typing ground (and vice versa). Ground and Bug were both common, so fair trade IMO.

As for the type discussion everyone seemed to favour Rock - Mineral on PS but I don't mind if it's either Steel or Rock (metals are minerals too so they qualify). However, I'm all for Amorphous/Undiscovered.

[*]Magnezone -- Electric/Rock. No Rock STAB, generally worse defensive typing.
It even still has dual-weakness to Ground still.

[*]Sylveon -- Fairy/Ground. Nice to have a STAB on HP Ground for coverage, but it gets a stable of new weaknesses.
No longer weak to Poison, and Grass is a manageable weakness. Ice and Water are somewhat more concerning, though neither of them resists Fairy. I suspect this is an overall buff, actually, especially since immunity to Electric gives it more opportunities to switch in, and makes Scarf variants scoff at Thunder Wave.

[*]Snorlax -- Normal/Dark. Nice Dark STAB, but now Fighting-types can plow through it.
I only agree inasmuch as Fighting coverage can now pop it. Otherwise it now has near-perfect coverage on its STABs, and immunity to Psyshock, though not huge, is relevant to such a Specially bulky choice.

[*]Zapdos -- Electric/Psychic. Does not appreciate being grounded around all these new Ground-types.
I essentially agree, if only because Electric/Flying is an amazing typing and Electric/Psychic is just OK. At least it has dual Special STABs, though. It's also a little better at Defogging, given that Stealth Rock is far more popular than Spikes as a hazard... worse against dedicated hazards teams, though.

[*]Feraligatr -- Water/Dark. STAB Crunch.
.... why is this in the nerfs section?

[*]Gardevoir-Mega -- Psychic/Ghost. No STAB on Pixilated moves, bad defensive typing.
Debatable. STAB Shadow Ball is actually a big help, and the immunities of Ghost aren't terrible. It would still prefer to be Fairy/Ghost, mind...

[*]Shedinja -- Bug/Rock. Only weak to Rock, Steel, and Water, only the third of which is probably all that good here.
Again, not seeing why this is in nerfs...

[*]Rotom Formes -- Electric/Ghost. Lose whatever niche they had in OU, basically.
Debuffs Rotom-Wash for sure, but it opens up the other Rotoms utility, actually, since they're normally held back their generally awful typings. Rotom-Heat and Rotom-Fridge, in particular, might appreciate a return to Platinum rules, even if they lose STAB on their unique moves.

[*]Heatran -- Fire/Psychic. RIP awesome defensive typing ;~;
Lacks STAB, yeah, but Fire/Psychic is actually a fairly solid defensive typing... no immunity to Toxic sucks, though.

[*]Ferrothorn -- Grass/Rock. Substantially worse defensive typing, Toxic-prone, no STAB Gyro Ball. RIP
No longer has exploitable double weaknesses, making it harder to one-shot it with a surprise coverage move. Lacks a Rock STAB, though, so definitely flawed.

[*]Terrakion -- Rock/Psychic. Zen Headbutt is piddling compensation for lost Fighting STAB.
Well, on the plus side people might actually try to trigger Justified... Rock/Psychic is also kind of a nifty typing, actually, and it is in a better position to switch in on Talonflame now that it resists it. Fighting STAB isn't everything.

[*]Thundurus -- Electric/Psychic. Doesn't like being grounded around here.
Suddenly has a STAB for its secondary typing, instead of having nothing. Overall I agree it's a raw deal, but there's that.

[*]Aegislash -- Steel/Rock. Same problems as Mega Metagross, doesn't check nearly as much stuff now.
STAB Head Smash. Beyond that I think I essentially agree.

[*]Diancie-Mega -- Rock/Psychic. Misses Fairy STAB.
Physical Diancie never had a Fairy STAB, while Special Diancie has motivation to run Psyshock regardless. It also no longer has any double weaknesses -though being weak to Sucker Punch is probably worse than being doubly weak to Bullet Punch.

[*]Alakazam -- Psychic/Fighting. Gets a STAB Focus Blast.
More than that, it's no longer weak to Sucker Punch. Sure, it's weak to Talonflame, but Talonflame one-shots Alakazam anyway. Possibly a meta Alakazam isn't outclassed in?

[*]Electivire -- Electric/Fighting. Likes STAB on Cross Chop? I dunno whether that makes it matter.
Fighting appreciates Electric covering the Flying weakness. But yeah, hard to say whether Electivire matters.

[*]Dragonite -- Water/Dragon. STAB Aqua Jet and Aqua Tail, great defensive typing. A lot like Gyarados.
No longer being weak to Stealth Rock is also a huge boon, and with no double weaknesses Multiscale is ludicrous.

[*]Haxorus -- Dark/Dragon. STAB Night Slash is cool.
Debatable. Double Fairy weakness hurts its bulk -it's usually tough enough to take a single hit from a lot of things, but now a Fairy can switch in on it and pop it, and laugh at both of its STABs regardless. Being weak to Fighting also hurts, while immunity to Psychic is a bit eh. Resistance to Ghost is cool, I guess? (Resistance to Knock Off is certainly nice)

[*]Garchomp -- Dark/Dragon. No idea whether this is good or not.
STAB Crunch is pretty cool, no longer doubly weak to Ice Shard (MAMOSWINE), outruns most Fairies and has Iron Head as coverage against most of them anyway. Loss of STAB Earthquake hurts, admittedly.

[*]Manaphy -- Water/Fairy. STAB Dazzling Gleam is nice, but idk how relevant it is, and the new weaknesses are no fun.
Weakness to Poison is all it's gained, and that's not bad. Poison moves are weak, and even if they're more common they'll still be weak.

Some of my own thoughts:

-Mega Blastoise is much nastier now, with a proper STAB boosted by Mega Launcher. (Dark Pulse)

-Nidoqueen and Nidoking are now noticeably different in potential functionality. I still suspect it will boil down to "run Nidoking, ignore Nidoqueen". :(

-Ninetales is no longer weak to Stealth Rock. Slight boon to Sun teams. Too bad it lacks any STAB for its new secondary typing. Really, this is true of a lot of Fire types. An Eggs Ubers would be kind of interesting, with Desolate Land protecting so many of these Fire/Ground types from their double weakness.

-Muk has STAB Shadow Sneak! That's sort of neat.

-Weezing is now Slow Bulky Gengar. It even gets Shadow Ball for STAB!

-Kangaskhan now has STAB Sucker Punch. Crap.

-Registeel actually has a somewhat nifty defensive typing. Too bad this is Generation VI...

-Cofagrigus' Rock/Ghost typing is cool! Not great, but cool.

Probably others, but this is what I noticed this pass-through.

I like "Type Omelette" as a name.

Snorlax -- Normal/Dark. Nice Dark STAB, but now Fighting-types can plow through it.
That's actually a buff, I'd say. Snorlax was losing to Scizor and Fighting types anyway, but now it gains a Psychic immunity and STAB Pursuit to trap the Latis, Starmie and the new Psychic types.

EDIT: Should the Mineral Egg Group make Pokemon Steel type?

Also, there are some possible new names for the meta that people came up with that were pretty good:
Eggzelant, Type Omelette, Eggzibit
And some... well...
Egg: The Meta, Egg Types, Miles Eggsworth

What do you think?
I'd support Mineral Egg Group to be Steel Type. Rock is a crap type and generally, people want to play more on buffed pokes than nerfed. Steel types would be a buff, which makes people more interested.

Also Miles Eggsworth for the name. It sounds hilarious.

Approved by The Immortal and Eevee General. :]

Malamar is Dark/Psychic by default. Since it is in the Water 1 Egg Group and Water 3 Egg Group, it becomes pure Water type. (Malamar and Inkay are the only Pokémon currently which have this unique type change)
Omastar and Kabutops are in the same egg groups as Malamar (Water 1 & Water 3). I think that, for consistency, the second egg group should change the second type, making both of these pokemon pure Water.

SpartanMalice

I think that might have been an oversight more than anything. That would help Omastar a lot though, Shell Smash with a bad defensive typing no longer. Kabutops, well unlike Omastar he had a reliable rock STAB so...

config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Types of Egg",
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['OU'],
        mod: 'typesofegg',
        //Since this metagame uses custom types, let's make the types known to the players.
        onSwitchIn: function (pokemon) {
            var typeStr = pokemon.types[0];
            if (pokemon.types[1]) typeStr += '/' + pokemon.types[1]
            this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typechange', typeStr);
        }
    },
mods/typesofegg/scripts.js
Code:
exports.BattleScripts = {
    init: function () {
        for (var i in this.data.Pokedex) {
            //Variable Initialization
            var pokemon = this.data.Pokedex[i];
            var types = pokemon.types;
            var eggGroups = pokemon.eggGroups;
            var typeObj = {
                Amorphous: 'Ghost',
                Bug: 'Bug',
                Ditto: 'Normal',
                Dragon: 'Dragon',
                Fairy: 'Fairy',
                Field: 'Ground',
                Flying: 'Flying',
                Grass: 'Grass',
                'Human-like': 'Fighting',
                Monster: 'Dark',
                Mineral: 'Rock',
                Undiscovered: 'Psychic',
                'Water 1': 'Water',
                'Water 2': 'Water',
                'Water 3': 'Water'
            };
            var eggTypes = [];
            var newTypes = [];
            //types: The unmodified types of the Pokemon.
            //eggGroups: The egg groups of the Pokemon.
            //typeObj: The relationship between the egg groups of the Pokemon and the new types.
            //eggTypes: The types that correspond to the egg groups of the Pokemon.
            //newTypes: The modified types of the Pokemon.

//Egg Group-based Type Determination
            if (typeObj[eggGroups[0]]) {
                eggTypes = [typeObj[eggGroups[0]]];
                eggTypes = ['Normal'];
            }
            if (eggGroups[1] && typeObj[eggGroups[1]]) {
                eggTypes[1] = typeObj[eggGroups[1]];
            }

//Type Judgment + Finalization
            if (eggTypes.length === 1) {
                if (types.length === 1 && types[0] === eggTypes[0]) {
                    newTypes = types;
                } else if (types.length === 2 && types.indexOf(eggTypes[0]) > -1) {
                    newTypes = types;
                } else {
                    newTypes = [types[0], eggTypes[0]];
                }
            } else if (eggTypes.length === 2) {
                if (eggTypes[0] === eggTypes[1]) { //Malamar + Inkay
                    newTypes = [eggTypes[0]];
                } else {
                    newTypes = eggTypes;
                }
                newTypes = ['Normal'];
            }

//Finalize Modification
            this.modData('Pokedex', i).types = newTypes;
        }
    }
};
Thank you very much :] Might need to update it soon though...
Any chance we could get like, a google doc with every Pokemon's name and new typing? The justpaste.it isn't searchable at all and it's tiresome.
Yeah, that'll probably be easier, thanks. JustPasteIt ironically JustCrashes if I try to edit it. I'll do it when I have time.
Omastar and Kabutops are in the same egg groups as Malamar (Water 1 & Water 3). I think that, for consistency, the second egg group should change the second type, making both of these pokemon pure Water.
Well the Omastar family is already Water type so it gets no type change... although I think the code would make Omastar pure Water anyway, atm, so that might need to be fixed.

Anyway, all sets will be added to the set post, and there are a few changes:
Aegislash has been unbanned.
The meta is now known as Type Omelette. (Miles Eggsworth was most popluar, but I think SpartanMalie was right in saying it doesn't sound like a meta name at all :P)

Thanks for the feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)