Type Reduction Tournament - Sign-ups
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

The Type Reduction Tournament

Introduction

Hello everyone, welcome to the "Type Reduction" tournament! Try testing your battling skills with only using a limited amount of types!

Throughout the tournament, certain types of pokémon will be banned. Each round bans a specific type of pokémon. Any pokémon type that was banned from a previous round also remain banned! So as the tournament progresses, teams will constantly change to suit the new environment. An example can be found in the general rules section in the thread.

General Tournament Rules

• Each round, a pokémon type is banned. The amount of banned pokémon types increase each round. Example:
    • Round 1: There are no banned pokémon types.
    • Round 2: Ice-type pokémon are banned.
    • Round 3: Ice-type and Psychic-type pokémon are banned.
  • This is a Single Elimination tournament.
  • Logs are not required to confirm your victory, but would be nice.
  • Because teams are constantly changing throughout the tournament, there's no such thing as scouting.

Battle Rules

• Uber and active OU Suspect pokémon are banned (Latias is not banned).
  • Evasion Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle

Round 6 Rules

Pokemon that are or part Water-type, Normal-type, Flying-type, Psychic-type, Fighting-type, Fire-type, Grass-type, and Ground-type are banned!

For the finals, three types have been added to the ban list. In total, nine types have been banned throughout the entire tournament. Most of the common Pokemon used in OU are now unusable, this will be quite tough.

Round 6 Pairings

Congratulations Earthworm for winning the Type Reduction tournament!

There is no deadline for this battle, but please don't so long. I'd also like the winner to post the log in this thread.

Good luck you two!

Thanks everyone for participating in the Type Reduction tournament!

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ew the (rightful) 10:1 favorite! good luck, it may be a little hard getting this done, but we'll manage.

fuzznip I wish you had told me about this tournament I totally would have entered

also I expect both teams to have a magnezone because it's about the only OU pokemon that isn't banned

let's go earthworm

Wow, Fire, Grass, and Ground are all banned?

That leaves um:

Steel, Rock, Dark, Poison, Dragon (although none can be used except Dragonair and Shelgon -_-), Bug, Electric, Ice, Ghost.

I think you banned over half of my last round's team though so give me a few minutes to make a new one!

Wow, Fire, Grass, and Ground are all banned?

That leaves um:

Steel, Rock, Dark, Poison, Dragon (although none can be used except Dragonair and Shelgon -_-), Bug, Electric, Ice, Ghost.

I think you banned over half of my last round's team though so give me a few minutes to make a new one!
Have fun! :D

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
BAD_ASS GANNA WIN

good luck both of you, for whatever reason, Earthworm wins though. =[

These are all the allowed fuly evolved Pokemon I think:

Code:
Absol
Aggron
Ampharos
Arbok
Ariados
Armaldo
Banette
Bastiodon
Beedrill
Drapion
Dusknoir
Dustox
Electivire
Electrode
Forretress
Froslass
Gengar
Glaceon
Glalie
Illumise
Jolteon
Kricketune
Luxray
Magnezone
Manectric
Mawile
Mightyena
Minun
Mismagius
Muk
Pachirisu
Pinsir
Plusle
Probopass
Raichu
Raikou
Rampardos
Regice
Regirock
Registeel
Rotom (all forms)
Sableye
Scizor
Seviper
Shedinja
Shuckle
Skuntank
Spiritomb
Sudowoodo
Swalot
Tyranitar
Umbreon
Venomoth
Volbeat
Weavile
Weezing

Earthworm, your ways may not be that of a true man, and Bad Ass might have been on my team in Team Trials, but nonetheless I am rooting for you!

Good Ass vs Bad Ass

Earthworm vs Bad Ass...
Umm.. I seriously don't know, but hey, have fun with it!

Also do tell when you're doing this. I don't want to miss out.

@Ew's post: Hey, there's still Electivire, Forretress, Gengar, Jolteon, Magnezone, Raikou, Regirock, Registeel, Rotom-A, Scizor (seriously... :P), Spiritomb, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Weavile and Weezing. Though I'm anticipating heavy Tyranitar sweeps, oh well - good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)