Type Reduction Tournament II - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Earthworm | Sign Ups | Round 1 | Round 2

The Type Reduction Tournament

Introduction

Hello everyone, welcome to the "Type Reduction" tournament! Try testing your BW OU battling skills with only using a limited amount of types!

Throughout the tournament, certain types of Pokémon will be banned. Each round bans a specific type of Pokémon. Any Pokémon type that was banned from a previous round also remains banned! So as the tournament progresses, teams will constantly change to suit the new environment. An example can be found in the general rules section in the thread.

Tournament Rules

• Each round, a Pokémon type is banned. The amount of banned Pokémon types increase each round. Example:
    • Round 1: There are no banned Pokémon types.
    • Round 2: Ice-type Pokémon are banned.
    • Round 3: Ice-type and Psychic-type Pokémon are banned.
  • This is a Single Elimination tournament.
  • Logs are not required to confirm your victory, but it would be nice.
  • Because teams are constantly changing throughout the tournament, there's no such thing as scouting.
  • Standard OU
  • Generation V
  • Yes, the Standard OU banlist is in effect if it weren't obvious already.
  • Evasion Clause​
  • OHKO Clause​
  • Sleep Clause​
  • Species Clause​
  • Timed Battle​
  • Wifi Clause​
  • General Smogon Rules
Other than that, I like to believe I'm relatively strict about deadlines. If you believe you need an extension on a match, you must request it 48 hours prior to the deadline of a given round. No exceptions.

The time limit for R3 is five days again (Friday @ 11:59 p.m. GMT-5). However, if you can get your matches done asap, that would be awesome so we can move on in the tournament! :)

Now, if you hadn't noticed, the title in the first round was black and nothing was banned. In round 2, the title was blue so Water-types were banned. This time, it is blue and red; so what do you think this means? Both Water- and Fire-types are banned this round! Sorry, I know it isn't the easiest on the eyes. :p

Good luck everyone!

Round 3
Lamppost vs Bartman101
Windsong vs McMeghan -- extension
IceCarAdler vs blarajan
badabing vs Myzozoa
Giga Punch vs whitesocks
Vratix vs DetroitLolcat
SGV vs Raseri
Ruppy vs Darkdiglett
Razza vs WhiteQueen
CHENN vs Shining Latios
SethZiBritannia vs extremebeta
Fantom0 vs Mostwanted -- extension
wilson46 vs EspyJoel
Noodlez vs tophway
Baggy Guy vs Shun DK
Thatsjustpeachy vs Pedrock -- extension

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
I suppose my battle was decided in a coin flip, because my opponent was as inactive as me ( or more, because I'm always on IRC and never saw him ) but I didn't post anything so it's my fault. sorry Eos, but if you qualified Vratix in an activity win, bad done.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Badabing overpredicted at the end of the match, I bluffed a priority move that I didn't have and I won because of it. One of the best games I have ever played, but it came down to blind guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)