Type Reflectors

Capfoo

formerly Captain Combusken
This is a really cool meta! Big fan of Monotype, so a customisable mono is rly cool.

As a Fighting type fan I instantly gravitated to making one of those, and came up with a few cool sets. I don't think they're perfect or anything, and I haven't tested them so who knows if they work, but there's some handy stuff to consider.

Landorus-T might be very, very good on a Fighting team, but for those looking to not use OU's ever present Hammerheaded Beast but who still want a handy Ground/Fighting type, Golurk's a pretty decent shout! Purely for No Guard DynamicPunch. I don't think much else should be said here tbh so I think I'll leave it at that.

For those who play regular Monotype and like Fighting types, you may know that Dark/Fighting 'mons are quite handy, mainly for being immune to Psychic, which is of course a Fighting weakness. But Scrafty and Pangoro are both super slow, and an awful lot of Psychic types carry Fairy coverage. Solution? A FAST Dark/Fighting! Weavile unfortunately has to make do with Low Kick/Brick Break for STAB, and its priority moves consist of the now Not-STAB Ice Shard and Fake Out, But for a Fighting team having something fast to fire off Knock Offs (and Poison Jabs) is really handy.

I might be a bit foolish in this, but I personally believe a Grass/Fire/Water core should be the basis of every competitive team. Monotype is no different, if it can be helped, and Fire/Fighting does Mitigate Fairy damage a little, which is always nice. Of course, as good as Infernape (the only decent legal Fire/Fighting) is, it sadly has next to no bulk, meaning it's not particularly good at resisting said Fairy moves. Enter Arcanine/Heatran! Heatran's only Fighting move is unfortunately Rock Smash, meaning it can't function as a particularly good Offensive Fire/Fighting, but it does get access to the Coveted Stealth Rock, which for a type with a weakness to Flying is extremely handy (even if this meta is a little less viable for Flying types), and is more bulky than Arcanine. On the flipside, Arcanine gets Intimidate which is super handy for tackling physical threats, is still fairly bulky, and has access to Close Combat, so can be used more offensively.

If like me you've been wanting a better Water/Fighting type for a while now (and no, Keldeo is not "good"), then this is a nice meta for trying out some ideas. A really nice idea is Mega Blastoise, who with Mega Launcher can fire off STAB Aura Spheres like a boss. Alternatively, Adaptability Crawdaunt with Superpower REALLY hurts, and doesn't have the disadvantage that other potential Superpower Water/Fighting of kinda needing a setup move to be as potent (except maybe Choice Band Azumarill).

Just to delve into the realm of fun and special Fighting types simultaneously, how about Goodra? It specially defensive, which is quite handy in some situations at least, and it gets Focus Blast for STAB. Plus Dragon/Fighting is a damned good type (even better if we were in gen 5 right now).

That's it for Fighting type, but I do have one last pairing which is just pure filth (in theory at least).

Ground/Fairy has perfect neutral coverage. And it's Ground type, and Fairy type, which are already excellent on their own. Donphan here learns Play Rough, and of course has access to EQ, which makes it a potent threat. A good physical attacker on a Fairy team, especially a physically defensive one, is especially welcome, so I'd definitely suggest trying out this thing.

This is a really cool meta! Big fan of Monotype, so a customisable mono is rly cool.

As a Fighting type fan I instantly gravitated to making one of those, and came up with a few cool sets. I don't think they're perfect or anything, and I haven't tested them so who knows if they work, but there's some handy stuff to consider.

Landorus-T might be very, very good on a Fighting team, but for those looking to not use OU's ever present Hammerheaded Beast but who still want a handy Ground/Fighting type, Golurk's a pretty decent shout! Purely for No Guard DynamicPunch. I don't think much else should be said here tbh so I think I'll leave it at that.

For those who play regular Monotype and like Fighting types, you may know that Dark/Fighting 'mons are quite handy, mainly for being immune to Psychic, which is of course a Fighting weakness. But Scrafty and Pangoro are both super slow, and an awful lot of Psychic types carry Fairy coverage. Solution? A FAST Dark/Fighting! Weavile unfortunately has to make do with Low Kick/Brick Break for STAB, and its priority moves consist of the now Not-STAB Ice Shard and Fake Out, But for a Fighting team having something fast to fire off Knock Offs (and Poison Jabs) is really handy.

I might be a bit foolish in this, but I personally believe a Grass/Fire/Water core should be the basis of every competitive team. Monotype is no different, if it can be helped, and Fire/Fighting does Mitigate Fairy damage a little, which is always nice. Of course, as good as Infernape (the only decent legal Fire/Fighting) is, it sadly has next to no bulk, meaning it's not particularly good at resisting said Fairy moves. Enter Arcanine/Heatran! Heatran's only Fighting move is unfortunately Rock Smash, meaning it can't function as a particularly good Offensive Fire/Fighting, but it does get access to the Coveted Stealth Rock, which for a type with a weakness to Flying is extremely handy (even if this meta is a little less viable for Flying types), and is more bulky than Arcanine. On the flipside, Arcanine gets Intimidate which is super handy for tackling physical threats, is still fairly bulky, and has access to Close Combat, so can be used more offensively.

If like me you've been wanting a better Water/Fighting type for a while now (and no, Keldeo is not "good"), then this is a nice meta for trying out some ideas. A really nice idea is Mega Blastoise, who with Mega Launcher can fire off STAB Aura Spheres like a boss. Alternatively, Adaptability Crawdaunt with Superpower REALLY hurts, and doesn't have the disadvantage that other potential Superpower Water/Fighting of kinda needing a setup move to be as potent (except maybe Choice Band Azumarill).

Just to delve into the realm of fun and special Fighting types simultaneously, how about Goodra? It specially defensive, which is quite handy in some situations at least, and it gets Focus Blast for STAB. Plus Dragon/Fighting is a damned good type (even better if we were in gen 5 right now).

That's it for Fighting type, but I do have one last pairing which is just pure filth (in theory at least).

Ground/Fairy has perfect neutral coverage. And it's Ground type, and Fairy type, which are already excellent on their own. Donphan here learns Play Rough, and of course has access to EQ, which makes it a potent threat. A good physical attacker on a Fairy team, especially a physically defensive one, is especially welcome, so I'd definitely suggest trying out this thing.
Just a note- ground fairy isn't perfect. It is resisted by poison, fire, and steel flying types/levitators.

Reactions: nv

Capfoo

formerly Captain Combusken
True, but that's not really what perfect neutral coverage means. Perfect Neutral means that every pure type is covered at least neutrally by those two types. The same goes for Ice/Electric, which is always considered Perfect neutral, but Rotom-H and Rotom-F at the very least resist both those types.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Magnezone resists electric / ice :]
Dude he's already admitted he isn't talking about type combos smh. He's talking about individual types. No pure-type Pokemon resists both Electric and Ice.

True, but that's not really what perfect neutral coverage means. Perfect Neutral means that every pure type is covered at least neutrally by those two types. The same goes for Ice/Electric, which is always considered Perfect neutral, but Rotom-H and Rotom-F at the very least resist both those types.
That said, saying "perfect neutral coverage" in this context is wrong. When people refer to perfect neutral coverage they mean it hits every mon (sometimes excluding Shedinja but w/e) neutrally--a couple examples are Ghost/Fighting, or Fire/Ice/Ground. I guess you could say perfect neutral single type coverage, but having "perfect" coverage on single typed Pokemon is not that great in a game where many many type combos exist.

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder Since the thread has gone on a mini hiatus (and spacing doesn't work well), I thought i would try to revive it a little. This set is a set I have been experimenting with on Sun, and might I say it is strong. This isn't an untested mon that is super bad like half of the things on the au thread. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-typereflectors-1868 This battle showcases the potential of Victreebel. It does a ton of work, killing 3 pokes (Clefable, Gengar, and Jirachi). Just for people that don't know how to read, I am not implying Victreebel is perfect. Victreebel does have a very low speed stat, so it can get outsped by faster scarf users, which is always bad for a weather abuser. It does lose poison stab, and sun won't always be up. There are pokes like Heatran that just hard wall it. It is just a fun set that can destroy unprepared teams.

Well, love this Metagame still, hoping it'll take off on the actual server. I'm glad about the Shedinja ban.

I went ahead and theorycrafted a little bit more, unfortunately I was unable to test against anyone as the rom server isn't exactly populated.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Not much to say here, an average Excadrill set, it really only serves the purpose of giving the team a Ground typing.

Mantine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

I personally love Mantine, but the typing is beyond redeption. However, this guy casually boasts 140 Sp.Def and is only held back by his abysmal typing. Enter Type Reflector! Ground is an exceptionally good defensive typing, however Mantine doesn't really have reliable recovery options, so my idea was to boost his Sp.Def into ridiculous levels and just play him like a bruiser. It even gets a STAB Earthquake, what! But no Earth Power, sadly. So, technically you could run it for coverage, but with 40 Att you won't really be killing anyone, STAB or not. The coolest feature is Water Absorb, which allows him to work pretty well on a Ground team.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

And here comes Goodra, who actually gets a decent STAB Earthquake compared to Mantine, has just as much ridiculous Sp.Def, but for the actual important reason of inclusion, Sap Sipper, and works therefore marvelous in tandrum with Mantine or Ground teams in general. Assault Vest for the defensive boost, and then run it like you would any other bruiser.

Rapidash @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Megahorn

And if you haven't gotten tired of moves that allow you to switch in freely, Rapidash works really well with the general Ice weakness, and additionally it gets Flash Fire to catch the occasional Fire attack that might threaten Excadrill. Rapidash already takes Drill Run for coverage, so now that it gets the STAB, it's even better. It has 105 speed which is just enough to outspeed 100 base speeds, so with Choice Band it gets the little bit of extra wallop it needs to deal damage.

Sorry for the inactivity from my part in this thread! I've been busy with Megamons, but I will make sure to start battling a lot more!

Also, I plan on posting some of the teams I have been using as well.

Mantine @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

I personally love Mantine, but the typing is beyond redeption. However, this guy casually boasts 140 Sp.Def and is only held back by his abysmal typing. Enter Type Reflector! Ground is an exceptionally good defensive typing, however Mantine doesn't really have reliable recovery options, so my idea was to boost his Sp.Def into ridiculous levels and just play him like a bruiser. It even gets a STAB Earthquake, what! But no Earth Power, sadly. So, technically you could run it for coverage, but with 40 Att you won't really be killing anyone, STAB or not. The coolest feature is Water Absorb, which allows him to work pretty well on a Ground team.
minor nitpick, but Mantine's typing in standard isn't really as awful as you're making it out to be. It's 4x weak to Electric and weak to Rock, sure, but other than that it's pretty solid with useful resistances and immunities to types like Fire, Fighting, and Ground. The problem I think is moreso that its stat spread is pretty suboptimal for what its movepool wants it to do.

also, since Mantine's main niche is as an offensive Defogger and its Special Defense is very high as it is, I think you'd be better off ditching the Assault Vest and running a set with Scald for STAB with a nice bonus effect, Ice Beam for coverage, Defog to remove hazards, and Roost to add more longevity. At the very least, give it Roost as it'd be better served with recovery than boosting its already high Special Defense.

minor nitpick, but Mantine's typing in standard isn't really as awful as you're making it out to be. It's 4x weak to Electric and weak to Rock, sure, but other than that it's pretty solid with useful resistances and immunities to types like Fire, Fighting, and Ground. The problem I think is moreso that its stat spread is pretty suboptimal for what its movepool wants it to do.

also, since Mantine's main niche is as an offensive Defogger and its Special Defense is very high as it is, I think you'd be better off ditching the Assault Vest and running a set with Scald for STAB with a nice bonus effect, Ice Beam for coverage, Defog to remove hazards, and Roost to add more longevity. At the very least, give it Roost as it'd be better served with recovery than boosting its already high Special Defense.
Mantine unfortunately does not learn Roost (or any other form of reliable recovery).

Mantine unfortunately does not learn Roost (or any other form of reliable recovery).
ah, could've sworn it did. Sorry about that. (and no I wasn't using Mantine in STABmons or something so the confusion didn't come from there)

in that case, an Assault Vest set is probably more viable but it'd probably still be better off as a Defogger (holding Leftovers so it at least has passive recovery). That said, Glamurio's team concept already had Excadrill as a hazard remover so that might not be necessary.

The most worrying thing in this metagame would be STAB Espeed and Boonburst spam from Dragonite/Entei/Arcanine etc. Noivern, as stated before, will dominate in a Type Reflector team. If this every does come out, I am sure people will be able to come up with creative sets for it.

This takes up somewhere back to Metagamiate and its playstyle, although this metagame can offer a lot more strategy then Espeed Spam.

-TenucSkenuck

The most worrying thing in this metagame would be STAB Espeed and Boonburst spam from Dragonite/Entei/Arcanine etc. Noivern, as stated before, will dominate in a Type Reflector team. If this every does come out, I am sure people will be able to come up with creative sets for it.

This takes up somewhere back to Metagamiate and its playstyle, although this metagame can offer a lot more strategy then Espeed Spam.

-TenucSkenuck
What.
First off, normal spam isn't that great. Ghost types, specifically gengar, do exist, as do various steel types like matagross and jirachi. Normal isn't a great offensive typing.
Secondl, this has "come ou"- it's playable on rom. This isn't just theorymon.

Last edited:
What.
First off, normal spam isn't that great. Ghost types, specifically gengar, do exist, as do various steel types like matagross and jirachi. Normal isn't a great offensive typing.
Secondl, this has "come ou"- it's playable on rom. This isn't just theorymon.
Firstly, I said spam but no one will be spamming Normal moves at good resists. Secondly, it is common sense to take the resists out of the way first then get a clear path to victory.

-TenucSkenuck

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok so it is high time I share my Fighting Reflector team I made as I am having quite a bit of fun with it and we runbabyrun should start building an archive of teams for people to try (should this happen to ever win OMotM :o)

Anyways, onto the team...

Combative Measures

(A Fighting Reflector Offense Team)

Lucario @

Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch / Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed

Lucario is a really solid Fighting Reflector with the lack of "popular" ones. This is the Reflector for the team as well as the Primary Fairy killer. Swords Dance can power through a lot of bulkier Steel Reflector teams while providing fast priority. The choice of Bullet Punch or Iron Tail is strictly based on being able to plow through frail offense or through bulky walls.

Gengar @

Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond / Memento
- Sludge Wave

Gengar is a nice addition as it can switch in on a few of Lucario's weaknesses thanks to its Ghost typing and its ability, Levitate. It also provides special wallbreaking power to get rid of physical walls that can switch into Lucario. Ghost + Fighting also has amazing neutral coverage, allowing Gengar to use its straight power and speed to hit hard and fast. Destiny Bond or Memento allows Gengar to provide the team with some needed support by taking down a major threat with its fast Speed or by giving Mega Gyarados and Lucario setup opportunities. Sludge Wave was added as a lure to Fairies, but this is basically filler.

Landorus-Therian @

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Landorus provides the team with Stealth Rock support and a nice defensive pivot that has quite a bit of power. While it doesn't run a Fighting-type move, the Fighting type synergizes nicely by providing a Dark-, Rock-, and Bug-type resist while retaining the immunity to Electric moves, making it a nice VoltTurn deterrent.

Tornadus-Therian @

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Tornadus-Therian has Hawlucha's typing, great coverage, and decent special bulk with an Assault Vest equipped, allowing it to act as a pivot for special attackers that may threaten Landorus-Therian. Hurricane is a nice and powerful move that hits hard while STAB Superpower can bop special walls predicting a Hurriance. U-turn gives Torn-T its pivoting power and Heat Wave is strictly for Steel Reflector mons that have a neutrality or immunity to Superpower.

->

Gyarados-Mega @

Ability: Intimidate -> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Mega Gyarados is one of the better Megas for a Fighting Reflector team as it can provide a Psychic immunity and a way around immunities such as Levitate thanks to Mold Breaker. Gyarados's bulk is absolutely astounding and is welcomed on this frail offensive team as it can come in on strong physical attackers and neuter them with Intimidate while it sets up. It also provides ok synergy after Mega Evolving now that it doesn't share a typing with its teammates.

Thundurus @

Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Thundurus is the stallbreaker for the team. Taunt + Thunder Wave cripples a lot of setup sweepers and forces them to tank a powerful STAB Focus Blast or out into a check, which Thundurus then can Volt Switch out on. Thunderbolt provides more staying power at the cost of being able to pivot. Thundurus is sadly the most expendable member, but it provides a nice typing giving it a Flying neutrality and Thunder Wave immunity. It also trades a Rocks weakness for a Rocks resist which is really nice.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Last edited:
Ok so it is high time I share my Fighting Reflector team I made as I am having quite a bit of fun with it and we runbabyrun should start building an archive of teams for people to try (should this happen to ever with OMotM :o)

Combative Measures

Lucario @

Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Lucario is a really solid Fighting Reflector with the lack of "popular" ones. This is the Reflector for the team as well as the Primary Fairy killer. Swords Dance can power through a lot of bulkier Steel Reflector teams while providing fast priority. The choice of Bullet Punch or Iron Tail is strictly based on being able to plow through frail offense or through bulky walls.

Gengar @

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond / Memento
- Sludge Wave

Gengar is a nice addition as it can switch in on a few of Lucario's weaknesses thanks to its Ghost typing and its ability, Levitate. It also provides special wallbreaking power to get rid of physical walls that can switch into Lucario. Ghost + Fighting also has amazing neutral coverage, allowing Gengar to use its straight power and speed to hit hard and fast. Destiny Bond or Memento allows Gengar to provide the team with some needed support by taking down a major threat with its fast Speed or by giving Mega Gyarados and Lucario setup opportunities. Sludge Wave was added as a lure to Fairies, but this is basically filler.

Landorus-Therian @

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Landorus provides the team with Stealth Rock support and a nice defensive pivot that has quite a bit of power. While it doesn't run a Fighting-type move, the Fighting type synergizes nicely by providing a Dark-, Rock-, and Bug-type resist while retaining the immunity to Electric moves, making it a nice VoltTurn deterrent.

Tornadus-Therian @

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Tornadus-Therian has Hawlucha's typing, great coverage, and decent special bulk with an Assault Vest equipped, allowing it to act as a pivot for special attackers that may threaten Landorus-Therian. Hurricane is a nice and powerful move that hits hard while STAB Superpower can bop special walls predicting a Hurriance. U-turn gives Torn-T its pivoting power and Heat Wave is strictly for Steel Reflector mons that have a neutrality or immunity to Superpower.

->

Gyarados-Mega @

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Mega Gyarados is one of the better Megas for a Fighting Reflector team as it can provide a Psychic immunity and a way around immunities such as Levitate thanks to Mold Breaker. Gyarados's bulk is absolutely astounding and is welcomed on this frail offensive team as it can come in on strong physical attackers and neuter them with Intimidate while it sets up. It also provides ok synergy after Mega Evolving now that it doesn't share a typing with its teammates.

Thundurus @

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

Thundurus is the stallbreaker for the team. Taunt + Thunder Wave cripples a lot of setup sweepers and forces them to tank a powerful STAB Focus Blast or out into a check, which Thundurus then can Volt Switch out on. Thunderbolt provides more staying power at the cost of being able to pivot. Thundurus is sadly the most expendable member, but it provides a nice typing giving it a Flying neutrality and Thunder Wave immunity. It also trades a Rocks weakness for a Rocks resist which is really nice.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
Presumably you didn't intend for Lucario to have a Specially offensive spread.

Ok so it is high time I share my Fighting Reflector team I made as I am having quite a bit of fun with it and we runbabyrun should start building an archive of teams for people to try (should this happen to ever win OMotM :o)

Combative Measures

Lucario @

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Gengar @

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond / Memento
- Sludge Wave

Landorus-Therian @

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian @

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

->

Gyarados-Mega @

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Thundurus @

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

Lucario @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
This is a surprisingly well-thought out team, I dig it.

Type Reflectors is the Leader's Choice!

runbabyrun

Code:
	{
		name: "Type Reflector",
		desc: ["&bullet; <a href=\"https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/3567348/\">Type Reflector</a>"],
		section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['OU'],
		banlist: ['Shedinja'],
		onBegin: function () {
			for (let i = 0; i < this.sides.length; i++) {
				this.sides[i].pokemon[0].isReflector = true;
				this.sides[i].reflectedType = this.sides[i].pokemon[0].types[0];
			}
		},
		onSwitchInPriority: 2,
		onSwitchIn: function (pokemon) {
			if (pokemon.isReflector) return;
			let type = pokemon.side.reflectedType;
			if (pokemon.types.indexOf(type) > 0 || pokemon.types.length === 1 && pokemon.types[0] === type) return;
			if (pokemon.template.isMega && pokemon.types.join() !== this.getTemplate(pokemon.template.baseSpecies).types.join()) return;
			if (pokemon.types.length > 1 && pokemon.types[0] === type) {
				pokemon.setType(type);
			} else {
				pokemon.setType([pokemon.types[0], type]);
			}
			this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typechange', pokemon.types.join('/'), null);
		},
		onAfterMega: function (pokemon) {
			if (pokemon.isReflector) return;
			let type = pokemon.side.reflectedType;
			if (pokemon.types.indexOf(type) > 0 || pokemon.types.length === 1 && pokemon.types[0] === type) return;
			if (pokemon.types.join() !== this.getTemplate(pokemon.template.baseSpecies).types.join()) return;
				pokemon.setType(type);
			} else {
			}
		},
	},

Congratulations on being Leader's Choice, second time in a row, eh runbabyrun?

I've been enjoying building and battling for this meta (playable in rom btw) so far. This is basically Monotype but unlike the real Monotype, you are NOT limited by the mons with the same typing (which is the main issue for monotype, as finding Defogger and cleric for some types are very difficult). In this meta, everyone can become a Defogger of a particular type, or cleric, or any role you need! I'd like to call this "Unlimited Monotype." It's very interesting I think.

Also, Ground mono got a very important member, called Volcanion, which is basically the Grandson of Pdon, because it's a Fire Ground with immunity to Water. Possible set:

Pdon's grandson (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Steam Eruption (maybe not needed because you lose Water STAB)
- Sludge Bomb

Let's Celebrate the fact this got LCotm by a few replays, The team is shown a few pages earlier:-
First,
H4xed Matches
Water V Grass:- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-typereflectors-4194
Water V Electric:- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-typereflectors-4197
Edit: Water V Ground:- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/typereflector-366766732 [Took my revenge from ground :P
There was also a battle of water vs ground where I lost, Gotta blame that Vaporeon and haxorus, there was also hax in that battle but, It was for both of us that time :P

Edit: Bug Report Time
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/typereflector-366760829
In the replay above, Entei take 50% from rocks, Why? Because it has fire/fire typing, So practically it has twice the weaknesses and resistances it has, so it will take X4 from ground and 0.25 from grass, I am sure that work with other pure types too, So yea, Fix it y/y? :P

Last edited:
Porgon-Z could be interesting now that it has access to secondary types. Most notably dark and ghost (dark pulse and shadow ball) for solid coverage with tri-attack. Psychic (psychic), ice (ice beam), and electric (tbolt/discharge) are also decent possibilities though ghost provides the most defensively (in addition to cancerous levels of spin-blocking).

lost heros

Meme Master
So this is something I noticed when I wanted to build a Flying reflected team.

The main benefit of this meta is that it allows pokemon to change their typings in new and unique ways to produce new combinations. Every pokemon essentially has 18 options for it's typing. And while this great and already produces a great appeal, it also in a way restricts what combinations there are. For example let's say I had a mega-scizor and wanted to utilize it's it's technician to get a stabbed acrobatics. Now because how it's set up, in order to do this my scizor has to be a bug/flying type, which really isn't a desirable typing. 2x weak to Electric, Fire, Flying, and Ice and 4x weak to rock, and it no longer gets a stab bullet punch, which is also disappointing. However, if I could set it up as a flying/steel type instead, Mega-Scizor becomes a lot more viable with only 2x weak to Electric and Fire and gets stab bullet punch and my desired acrobatics! Furthermore, I need a primary typed flying pokemon to even reflect this, which is a challenge in it of itself. There are are only 4 options I can choose from. 2 are the tornadus forms, and the other two are noibat, noivern, which is just weird. It's not like Noivern is more of a flying type than say Pidgeot who has a Normal/Flying type.

So this got me thinking, how can this be fixed. And I realized Adaptability already solved that issue. By having the option for which of the pokemon's two typings it has based on whether or not the pokemon is shiny, allows for a lot more options to use. For example let's say I have a noivern in my first slot, if it is regular, then it reflects over the flying type. If it's shiny, it could reflect over it's secondary typing, dragon. Which would allow a lot more options for viable reflectors. This can also be applied to the reflectee pokemon. If it's normal coloration, as it is now, it's secondary typing is replaced, if it's shiny, it's primary typing can be replaced, which bumps up all the type combinations for a single dualtyped pokemon to 36!

Now, of course, if this is the creators intention to limit the possibilities to only those in the primary type to be reflected, and secondary typings to be reflected on, then this post should be swiftly ignored. I just see the option for what's being reflected and on to what as a way to even further expand all the new possibilities. Needless to say, I'm really excited about this meta and am really happy it's LCotM, whether or not anything changes.

Code:
	pokemon.setType(pokemon.types[0]);
	this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typechange', pokemon.types[0], null);
} else {
	pokemon.setType(pokemon.types[0]);
	pokemon.addType(type);
	this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typechange', pokemon.types[0], null);
	this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typeadd', type, null);
}
I meant to mention that you shouldn't use addType like this, so the code should look something like this:
Code:
if (pokemon.types[pokemon.types.length - 1] === type) return;
if (pokemon.types[0] === type) {
	pokemon.setType(type);
} else {
}

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)