Typhlito's Blazing Art Thread

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I always had photoshop but I never really used it for drawing. So I decided to give it a go. My pictures are 100% digital due to me lacking a scanner. Only made 3 so far but I'm steadily making more.

So heres my first drawing on photoshop. It obviously had to be a picture of my favorite pokemon. So yeah this one was drawn before I figured out how to use the pen tool correctly. Didnt want to deal with a background so just made a cool design.

Decided to give my second drawing a theme which was winter. So decided to draw a chilly beartic stranded in the middle of a blizzard. Figured out how to use the pen tool on this one so the lines are neater compared to the typhlosion picture.

Now I cant go on drawing things like polar bears freezing to death so I made my third drawing a bit playful. Its a little pet poochyena playing with his furret ball. The shading is a bit rough on this one (especially the ground shadow) but meh.

In this group, I decided to try my hand at making logos for the RoAPL. I made one for my team the sacred snorlaxes and for another team called the unpredictable umbreons. Tried to go Zracknel on these logos. My snorlax drawing admittingly didnt incorporate the title very well but I think I did much better in that regard for the umbreon drawing. Still like it though :]

NEW

Air-Balloon-Excadrill.png

Just look at how cute excadrill looks flying like that!

A request from soulgazer. Came out really well. n_n

So yeah. I'll just keep posting drawings whenever I get a chance to draw. Comments are appreciated btw! ^.^

Last edited:
My first impression is that the improvement from the first to third picture is incredible. If you keep getting better at this rate you'll be an amazing artist in no time!

No lie, my first impression of the second picture was "heeey it's Beartic doing Gangnam Style". And then I read the description and it wasn't. I am so sorry.

I always preach about proportions and that's something you oughta focus on, as frustrating and challenging as I know it can be! But your shading and colouring is coming along nicely.

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
You colors and shading are great, and you have the guts to attempt more complicated poses, something I have never done. Which is why I'm still at base one for art.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
No lie, my first impression of the second picture was "heeey it's Beartic doing Gangnam Style". And then I read the description and it wasn't. I am so sorry.

I always preach about proportions and that's something you oughta focus on, as frustrating and challenging as I know it can be! But your shading and colouring is coming along nicely.
Getting proportions right is pretty tricky. I'll keep at it on my next drawing. And thanks for the compliments everyone!

That Poochyena is definately the best! Keep drawing because you will get better. I mean if you look at my art thread, my first drawings were atrocious but I think I have got better by the end. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the future!

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
After months of not updating this thread, I drew a couple new drawings that I posted on my op. Take a look! n_n

Typhlito

One Active Dawg

Take a look at my latest pic of an excadrill holding an air balloon! I actually thought of this idea a while back but I was never able to draw it on my computer. Had to draw this one by hand and take a picture with my laptop camera. Its one of those laptops with only one camera on the screen side so it was definitely an akward position. >_< Anyway, I know that the balloon is on the small side but I thought that a small balloon would look nice. Did some simpler shading compared to my early drawings. I think this type of shading pulls the cartoonish look together. Well let me know what you think!

That's so good!! I love how smooth the lineart is. His legs and feet look too small for his body though, while the right arm (his left) looks too large (the perspective is too extreme). Aside from that, this is pretty solid. I think it would be better if you added some details, such as a small highlight on the balloon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)