Tyranitar (Lead) | [QC: 3/3] [GP:2/2]

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i agree with what pocket posted except for the slash on stealth rock, in my opinion if you're running sash ttar it's for two reasons, a) guaranteed rocks, and b) surprise value (nabbing extra kills on opps who don't suspect sash etc), meaning that not having rocks would be kinda stupid, especially since a lot of teams with sashtar can't afford to put rocks on anything else. imo, drop the aqua tail shenanigans because it's really not that great at all on sashtar, and move to a set of

move 1: crunch
move 2: fire blast / ice beam
move 3: low kick / ice beam
move 4: stealth rock

because i use sashtar a lot i know that crunch and rocks are pretty much essentials, and the other two moves i usually find myself using are fire blast and low kick (sometimes superpower), yet i sometimes throw in ice beam to give landorus or gliscor or whatever that thinks i'm choiced a nice little surprise. agreeing with ac mention for ebelt, tbolt, superpower, and definitely pursuit. ev spread's fine as it is but it could stand a couple changes if we mess with the moveset a bit so i can get working on that and come up with a better spread if you need me to.

yeah that's sashtar. beatin' ctc, good times

Aqua Tail from max attack+ Tar:

vs "Offensive Pivot" Lando-T at -1: 34.14 - 40.65%
vs "Defensive" Glisc: 40.67 - 48.02%
vs Careful 4 Def Hippo: 45.71 - 53.8%

Most of the first part of the Aqua Tail explanation is fine with me, but that is not solid damage. That is absolutely pathetic damage, it's self explanatory how Aqua Tail will not be worth having against those 3. If you plan to have an attack of use against these physical walls it's not optional to go special. If you don't want to, you use Low Kick instead. It's better against the first mons you listed and importantly OHKOes other Tar instead of leaving them alive.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Thanks to everyone! I'm editing the thread right now.

EDIT: Updated the thread, added damage calculations for thunder. Just a question: Can I AC mention the expert belt set suggested by Alexwolf here? Some people say that it isn't worth it and that it needs full QC discussion, however, others say that I must mention it.

Tyranitar (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 116 Atk / 144 SAtk / 248 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Crunch

was what i was using. enough speed to outspeed max spe magnezone + ohko'ing dragonite after sr.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
gosh i dunno if i can qc my own set...ah what the hell

QC APPROVED 2/3

nice job guy who wrote this, really good for your first try :toast:

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Isn't Earthquake a nice option on AC because it hits Tentacruel and Jirachi while maintaining coverage on Terrakion, Heatran, and Tyranitar? I'm not sure because I haven't used this set, but it seems quite useful.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd be sure to note that some of the leads that were mentioned (Terrakion and Garchomp) often carry Focus Sashes of their own, which would mean you still lose to them.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
unless they sr and you attack first turn...but even then, big deal, you're up 6-5 with rocks on your side and 1hp ttar. yeah please do mention that

LilOu

PO poopyhead
  • Added Earthquake to the AC.
  • Mentioned Sash Terrakion and Sash Garchomp.

Im in the school right now, so Im able for like 30 minutes. Im going to start writing the full analysis later on tonight or tomorrow; thanks to everybody!

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Superpower deals more neutral damage to some targets while OHKOing Terrakion.
Low Kick and Superpower have the same power against Terrakion, and they never OHKO Terrakion with this spread. I don't see why Superpower should be mentioned in AC, as it is largely useless.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I'm just writing this to let you know that this will be fully written on monday 18. I'm working on it :]

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Yep, already written. Sorry if this have some bad vocabulary, English is not my main language.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
J/S it's also practical to think of Tyranitar as an incredibly sturdy specially defensive tank, so maybe add that in.

Additionally, please capitalize all abilities and Pokemon and move names, and don't use nicknames such as "T-Tar" or "Lati@s"; you gotta write them all out. You must also not use sentence fragments, such as in your AC paragraph about the EVs. Also spell "[insert typing here] type" as something like "Water-type" or "Water-types," and refer to Tyranitar neutrally rather than "he" or "him."

Cheers.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
J/S it's also practical to think of Tyranitar as an incredibly sturdy specially defensive tank, so maybe add that in.

Additionally, please capitalize all abilities and Pokemon and move names, and don't use nicknames such as "T-Tar" or "Lati@s"; you gotta write them all out. You must also not use sentence fragments, such as in your AC paragraph about the EVs. Also spell "[insert typing here] type" as something like "Water-type" or "Water-types," and refer to Tyranitar neutrally rather than "he" or "him."

Cheers.
Done, thanks for the help! Do I need to capitalize "Speed" or "Attack"?

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't feel like this is written well. The prose is lacking, and there are several structural issues.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Nope, don't worry. Thanks for that, if you tell me where are some mistakes I'll correct them instantly.

English is not my main language, but I'll do my best.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Unless it's really terrible (And it doesn't seem to be) you should probably just get that stamp and let GP people go at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)