Tyranitar re-redo [WiP]

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So I posted in the dibs thread that I wasn't exactly satisfied with my Ttar analysis and I wanted to change it up a bit. Here's what I had in mind.

[Overview]
  • Keep the same
[SET]
name: Jack of all Trades (NEW)
move 1: Rock Slide
move 2: Fire Blast / Crunch
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: Roar
item: Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Coming Soon!
[SET]
name: Mixed Sweeper (Same Set, formerly known as "Offensive")
move 1: DynamicPunch
move 2: Rock Slide
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Pursuit

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Keep mostly the same
  • tweak the wording to place less emphasis on it being an ambiguously "offensive" set and more on it being a "mixed sweeper" set
  • Preserve mentions of Tbolt, Crunch, and EQ as options on this set
  • Don't make DynamicPunch seem as mandatory, for example a Rock Slide/Crunch/Fire Blast/Pursuit set is totally viable
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Keep mostly the same
  • tweak the wording to place less emphasis on it being an ambiguously "offensive" set and more on it being a "mixed sweeper" set

[SET]
name: CurseTar (This is basically the "Defensive" set, but moved)
move 1: Rock Slide
move 2: Roar
move 3: Curse
move 4: Rest / Earthquake

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Shorten it considerably
  • place less emphasis on it being a strictly "defensive" set defined by Roar
  • mention Curse as a decent setup move for offensive purposes
  • discuss choice between Rest / EQ, the former giving you longevity for defensive purposes, the latter giving coverage against stuff like Nidoking
  • maybe discuss Fire Blast/Pursuit/Crunch as last-slot options?
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Keep mostly the same
  • place less emphasis on it being a strictly "defensive" set defined by Roar
[Other Options]
  • Keep mostly the same
[Checks & Counters]
  • Keep mostly the same, even the "weird" counters because there are some Rock Slide-less Ttars and some others that can't hit Egg

Obviously this is a work in progress, I'll be filling in the Jack-of-all-trades set description and get more specific with what I end up changing. This is more or less just outlining in general what I plan to do. Also apologies for the format, It'll look better when it's ready for formal QC checks

For the cursetar, toxic, fireblast, crunch, and pursuit. Pursuit should just be considered anytime anyone uses tyranitar, since that's his defining move and the entire reason why he's still in the conversation with rhydon/steelix/friends. I'd consider EQ the most inferior of these options as rhydon puts ttar to shame. I think Pursuit is still "technically" the best move in this case, but for an average/beginning player, I think FB or Rest would make more sense to them. Toxic is also epic if your team can keep spikes down.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So in looking back at it, Ttar's analysis isn't so bad. I think the main thing that bugs me is that the offensive and defensive sets ought to be swapped, and the emphasis on the importance of DynamicPunch on the mixed set should be nixed. Also the Jack-of-all-trades set is kind of garbage and a lazy stop-gap for a team imo, not going to lie and not planning on adding it at the moment. There's quite a few things that could be done better, but an all-out revamp isn't necessary. I'd like to talk real-time with people about what changes should be made, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)