Tyranizard (Dual Weather RMT) 1950+

Hey everybody this is my first RMT and I've centered it around Mega-Charizard Y. I've competitively battled for around a year so far and I'm liking this new generation. Best thing about it is nerfed weather thank god. Fortunately though, weather is still viable (in a much more controlled form) and there is my reason for Mega-Charizard Y.

Anyway into teambuilding.

First of course was Mega-Charizard.

Next, I decided to use Trevenant. I had seen it used before extremely effectively and I thought with that 100 percent chance of a berry in sun it would be even more viable (and annoying).

Afterwards, I needed a rapid spinner/defogger so I went with Gliscor.

Then I decided to put some extreme offense into the team and so in came scarfed Thundurus-T and banded Azumarill. Thundurus-T worked as an amazing pivot and despite Azumarill's water typing it worked beautifully and sun didn't appear to hinder it too much.

Lastly I put in iron plate scizor for volt-turn core, good bluffing, and all around awesomeness.

Gliscor went first. It slowed down the offense of my team way too much and didn't seem to be doing much. Also, defog and stealth rock on the same set is extremely dumb. I switched it to Air Balloon Excadrill and automatically had much better results.

Next was Scizor. It wasn't bad but Talonflame gave me problems and I didn't want Excadrill to be completely utility. So in came Tyranitar. You would think two weathers would get in the way of each other but instead they work perfectly! I now had a hard Talonflame counter and stealth rock setter. And so yeah, that's the team!

From suggestions below trevenant has changed to defog latias, excadrill is now a set-up sweeper, and azumarill is now 3 attacks + sub. Changes will be in bold.

Mega-Charizard Y, Tyranitar, Excadrill, Trevenant ---> Latias, Thundurus-T, Azumarill

On to the sets.

mega_charizard_y_by_haychel-d6kzoji.jpg

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse ---> Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Such a game changer, I fucking swear. There are times when I'm three pokemon down and this monster comes in and decimates the other team with fire blast. It's amazing. It is essentially bulky, non-locked, and specs just because of drought. Moveset is standard, fire blast and solar beam have great coverage. Dragon pulse was there for consistency but I've changed it to focus blast to hit ttar and heatran. It didn't see much use anyway. Roost for bulk and EVs are for SR number + some speed creep on other base 100s. I'm thinking about running max speed but I enjoy the bulkiness charizard has.

tyranitar_by_twarda8the8xanax-d2tmed8.jpg

Tyranitar Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch ---> Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Who said dual weather isn't viable? In all honesty, dual weather is probably more viable. Charizard and tyranitar work really well together because they cover each others weaknesses both offensively and defensively. Charizard can take fighting, ground, and grass hits and even water when drought is up. Tyranitar can take care of heatran and other ttars with super power while covering for charizard by taking electric and rock attacks. And the reason why two weathers work is because more often than not teams are weak to one or the other. If that is the case one weather becomes my main weather and that helps in weakening the other team. It's great. Anyway the set is standard, dual stab + superpower for heatran and other ttars. I changed crunch to pursuit in order to catch pokemon I want to kill off guard. Stealth rock for muh hazards and EVs are for bulk and offense.

images.jpg

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin ---> Sandstorm
- Rock Slide/Swords Dance

Ahh this monster. I started playing after it was banned from OU so I didn't get a chance to use it but now I know why it was sent to ubers. Excadrill used to be spinner on this team but now that job has shifted to defog latias. This allows excadrill to be a strong sand sweeper. That sand rush boost has saved me many, many times in order to get KOs or even sweep the opponents team. Moveset is dual stab, sandstorm for set-up if weather isn't up, and rock slide for coverage or swords dance for boosting. Air Balloon to switch onto grounds and sometimes completely wall gliscor. EVs are for max attack and good speed. It really is great. That sand rush haha... sooooo good.

Trevenant ---> Latias

latias_and_cubone___fly__by_themoderator-d5fqb20.jpg

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Latias is a solid pokemon that's all I have to say. I don't find it exceptional but it does what it does well and that's all I need. It's an effective rotom-w counter and even counters certain heatrans. Life Orb gives it power while its natural bulk allows it to take hits. Dragon pulse and psyshock are for dual stab, recover is to maintain health, and defog is to keep rocks off the field. This helps excadrill to become more of a threat and rely less on utility.​

The set below is the trevenant I had before I switched it to latias

709_trevenant_by_ubasuteyama-d6s5ama.png

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech/Shadow Claw

The most annoying pokemon of this generation. I use it as my primary fighting and water counter because it destroys keldeo, rotom-w, azumarill (unless play rough), and terrakion, excadrill, PuP kangaskhan without shadow claw or fire punch. Moveset is will-o-wisp to strengthen its defense and just cripple the other team. Leech seed and horn leech for health but shadow claw can be used also. Protect over substitute because that berry doesn't always come when not in sun so, one extra turn! I find it better at least. EVs in HP and SpD for maximum bulk and to take full advantage of burns. Trevenant is probably the most expendable though because it comes through a lot of the time but sometimes it's really just fodder.

therian_form_thundurus_by_namh-d5dfk2d.jpg

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

It was a great scarfer last gen and it is a great scarfer now. Thunderbolt for stab and focus miss blast, hp ice for coverage. Volt switch for that extremely precious momentum. I chose to use thundurus-t because it provided me with an electric immunity that is always welcomed, and it also resisted flying and steel. This lets me deal with talonflame and scizor a little bit easier. In addition, that 145 base SpA is nothing to laugh it. Oh yeah, EVs are max Spd and SpA for fucken speed and power. Pretty obvious I'm assuming.

azumarill_used_bubblebeam_by_syrabi-d34f9wr.jpg

Azumarill @ Choice Band ---> Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Perish Song ---> Substitute

Azumarill really has jumped tiers. It's crazy how the addition of a fairy typing makes it OU. I've switched choice band to leftovers + substitute because it allows me more freedom to change moves and also gives azumarill a little bit of survivability. Waterfall and play rough for powerful stab and aqua jet for priority. I originally had superpower here but I never used it because play rough and waterfall/aqua jet already take care of that coverage. EV spread is standard HP and max attack.

So yeah, thanks for reading my RMT and any suggestions to improve the team are welcome. I haven't laddered too hard with this team but I've gone 1975+ with a pretty high win to loss ratio. It's a pretty fun team to use and if you do use it, please enjoy and give me any advice on how to improve! :]
Threat List

Heatran: I have checks to it but no counters and nothing that can really switch in. Excadrill hates lava plume and ttar and azumarill hate it too because of the burn chance. It also completely walls charizard.

Rotom-w: Latias is my main counter but it can still cause problems for my team. Generally though I can predict the burn and switch in charizard, proceed to mega-evolve, and then destroy rotom with solarbeam.

Genesect: If people used its moveset more instead of u-turning constantly then I would have more trouble but generally it's easy to predict and I can switch in azumarill or a suitable pokemon to just sponge attacks. It generally wears down easily.

Kangaskhan: The reason why kangaskhan causes so many problems is because it has an extremely huge movepool. Trevenant helped deal with it a little bit but now I generally have to keep a couple pokemon at full health in order to come in and kill it. It's too versatile, I swear.

Mega-Gengar: I don't have too many problems because I can sometimes rely on focus blast to miss or thundurus-t/excadrill in sandstorm to outspeed. But it's just fast and powerful and anything like that causes problems.

Mega-Lucario: Again, fast and powerful and too versatile. Generally azumarill with play rough can deal with it though.

Tyranitar: Causes problems for charizard but excadrill and azumarill can usually deal with it.

Yeah I think those are the main threats.

Last edited:
Great team, buddy! There are some things here that can really take out an unexpected team; and due to the rise of weather, you can't be countered with weather!

I see this team as kind of a setup-dependant team. Now, if this is handy when you can pull it off, it can become difficult. Things like Excadrill need that extra push in order to get some nice OHKOs, especially for taking out opponents that would of countered him (Trevenant). The sand gives him a handy buff, though. If you can find something that doesn't really need setup to be powerful (Garchomp, Talonflame, etc) and can run power without it, It could add extra momentum to your team. But, that's just my opinion.

You have a quite solid team for countering Talonflame, Aegislash and Greninja, which seem to be the most common in the metagame, with Tyranitar, Charizard and Thundurus, respectively.

Other than the setup-dependant, you have quite a nice team with a solid balance between speed, momentum and power. Really like it!

Great team, buddy! There are some things here that can really take out an unexpected team; and due to the rise of weather, you can't be countered with weather!

I see this team as kind of a setup-dependant team. Now, if this is handy when you can pull it off, it can become difficult. Things like Excadrill need that extra push in order to get some nice OHKOs, especially for taking out opponents that would of countered him (Trevenant). The sand gives him a handy buff, though. If you can find something that doesn't really need setup to be powerful (Garchomp, Talonflame, etc) and can run power without it, It could add extra momentum to your team. But, that's just my opinion.

You have a quite solid team for countering Talonflame, Aegislash and Greninja, which seem to be the most common in the metagame, with Tyranitar, Charizard and Thundurus, respectively.

Other than the setup-dependant, you have quite a nice team with a solid balance between speed, momentum and power. Really like it!
Thank you! I think I see where you're coming from. Without sand excadrill is definitely not as good as with sand but I still find that I'm able to net some important KOs. That is generally why I run speed over HP because I then outspeed certain threats who don't expect to be outsped. Sand does also tend to be up pretty often and that rapid spin is pretty important. But I could try to run garchomp over excadrill and see if I can fit defog or rapid spin somewhere else. Thanks for the rate! :]

Thank you! I think I see where you're coming from. Without sand excadrill is definitely not as good as with sand but I still find that I'm able to net some important KOs. That is generally why I run speed over HP because I then outspeed certain threats who don't expect to be outsped. Sand does also tend to be up pretty often and that rapid spin is pretty important. But I could try to run garchomp over excadrill and see if I can fit defog or rapid spin somewhere else. Thanks for the rate! :]
That's fine!

I'm not saying run Garchomp over Excadrill, i'm more saying that I think you should get something that doesn't rely on the setup to win. For example, if someone ran a Malamar and managed to outspeed (Scarfed, maybe?) They would Topsy-Turvy your stats, turning your Excadrill from a powerful sweeper into something that needs to switch out, giving Malamar time to set up or attack the switching pokemon. That can change your game and entirely revoke your momentum that you created. Do you kind of understand what I mean?

Something else I could suggest is running Substitute on Azumarill, which can give some time to Belly Drum behind a Sub, ultimately giving you the win if you can sustain that substitute. You should make your item leftovers if you run this.

You can also run Superpower on Azumarill, which is very powerful with a Choice Band. Perish Song on a band set is not really worth it, as you have to switch out automatically.

That's fine!

I'm not saying run Garchomp over Excadrill, i'm more saying that I think you should get something that doesn't rely on the setup to win. For example, if someone ran a Malamar and managed to outspeed (Scarfed, maybe?) They would Topsy-Turvy your stats, turning your Excadrill from a powerful sweeper into something that needs to switch out, giving Malamar time to set up or attack the switching pokemon. That can change your game and entirely revoke your momentum that you created. Do you kind of understand what I mean?

Something else I could suggest is running Substitute on Azumarill, which can give some time to Belly Drum behind a Sub, ultimately giving you the win if you can sustain that substitute. You should make your item leftovers if you run this.

You can also run Superpower on Azumarill, which is very powerful with a Choice Band. Perish Song on a band set is not really worth it, as you have to switch out automatically.
Ahh I see what you mean. Well I generally run rock slide excadrill over swords dance so I don't rely on set-up too much. I also don't see malamar too often so I don't know if such a threat is enough to change my team.

As for the belly drum azumarill I'll definitely try it out! I usually use azumarill as a bulky, hard-hitting pivot but I'll definitely try a set-up strategy. It could definitely work given azumarill's ridiculous attack stat.

Btw the reason I don't run superpower is because play rough and waterfall/aqua jet generally take care of everything superpower hits. Perish song has more use actually haha. I tried superpower before and it was basically useless xD.

Thanks again for the rate! :]

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man! I absolutely love dual weather, its what got me into competitive in the first place, so I always have a soft spot for it <3 Its really underrated, as with a good team you really take the reins of a battle, especially last gen. Now, it seems thats what you're trying to do here, with Tyranitar and Charizard being a pretty good core to just control the battle and let you do what you want. Trevenant gives you some nice rotom w insurance, as well as messing with the opponent with harvest. Excadrill is a nice sand sweeper/ spinner and whatnot, while azu and thundy give you some backbone, punching holes in the opps team for a possible charizard x sweep.

Firstly, I think Gourgeist can give you some problems, as stealth rock is pretty bad for thunderus and charizard, and excadrill is pretty horrible against it, meaning those rocks are staying on the field. Things like garchomp are also pretty bad as they can punch holes in your team, forcing you to revenge it with thunderus.

Firstly, I would run Sub+3 Attacks Azumarill. Banded really isnt something that you want in this metagame, as in bulky offense you want as much versatility as possible. Luckily, a simple substitute>perish song and leftovers>choice band is all that is needed, unless you want to run superpower for ferrothorn, but you have charizard for that. Azumarill really forces some good switches, allowing you easy times to punch holes in stuff. Plus this gives you more versatility overall.

I would probably run the more standard SpD Tyranitar as this gives you better survivability and as i said before, bulk is the name of the game. Running pursuit lets you pick off talonflames who like to brave bird your team, and with that and stealth rocks up reeeally puts the pressure on your opponent.

As i said before, garchomp seem to give you problems, as does gourgeist. I think running Defog Latias over thunderus-t would be better. Thunderus' goal seems to be to help punch holes through the opponent's team, which latias can definitely do, and it also gives you a more reliable way of getting rid of hazards. Luckily, tyranitar can repeatedly come in and set up stealth rock. Running defog also frees up a slot for excadrill, since rapid spin is then useless, so I would make him a SD Sweeper and therefore your main win condition. With the changes I've made, your team now supports an excadrill sweep, with charizard punching through things excadrill cant beat, like landorus-t, skarmory, gourgeist, trevenant, and gliscor. Tyranitar helps set up rocks and lure in gliscor and scizor for excadrill, while latias gets rid of hazards for charizard and checks a lot of fast threats. Azumarill is a back up win condition to finish the job and helps punch holes early game, while trevenant walls mega kang. I hope these changes helped your team, It was a pleasure to rate, and as I said I really love Dual Weather offense. :] Good Luck!

Latias @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Surf

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 atk/ 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Hey man! I absolutely love dual weather, its what got me into competitive in the first place, so I always have a soft spot for it <3 Its really underrated, as with a good team you really take the reins of a battle, especially last gen. Now, it seems thats what you're trying to do here, with Tyranitar and Charizard being a pretty good core to just control the battle and let you do what you want. Trevenant gives you some nice rotom w insurance, as well as messing with the opponent with harvest. Excadrill is a nice sand sweeper/ spinner and whatnot, while azu and thundy give you some backbone, punching holes in the opps team for a possible charizard x sweep.

Firstly, I think Gourgeist can give you some problems, as stealth rock is pretty bad for thunderus and charizard, and excadrill is pretty horrible against it, meaning those rocks are staying on the field. Things like garchomp are also pretty bad as they can punch holes in your team, forcing you to revenge it with thunderus.

Firstly, I would run Sub+3 Attacks Azumarill. Banded really isnt something that you want in this metagame, as in bulky offense you want as much versatility as possible. Luckily, a simple substitute>perish song and leftovers>choice band is all that is needed, unless you want to run superpower for ferrothorn, but you have charizard for that. Azumarill really forces some good switches, allowing you easy times to punch holes in stuff. Plus this gives you more versatility overall.

I would probably run the more standard SpD Tyranitar as this gives you better survivability and as i said before, bulk is the name of the game. Running pursuit lets you pick off talonflames who like to brave bird your team, and with that and stealth rocks up reeeally puts the pressure on your opponent.

As i said before, garchomp seem to give you problems, as does gourgeist. I think running Defog Latias over thunderus-t would be better. Thunderus' goal seems to be to help punch holes through the opponent's team, which latias can definitely do, and it also gives you a more reliable way of getting rid of hazards. Luckily, tyranitar can repeatedly come in and set up stealth rock. Running defog also frees up a slot for excadrill, since rapid spin is then useless, so I would make him a SD Sweeper and therefore your main win condition. With the changes I've made, your team now supports an excadrill sweep, with charizard punching through things excadrill cant beat, like landorus-t, skarmory, gourgeist, trevenant, and gliscor. Tyranitar helps set up rocks and lure in gliscor and scizor for excadrill, while latias gets rid of hazards for charizard and checks a lot of fast threats. Azumarill is a back up win condition to finish the job and helps punch holes early game, while trevenant walls mega kang. I hope these changes helped your team, It was a pleasure to rate, and as I said I really love Dual Weather offense. :] Good Luck!

Latias @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Surf

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 atk/ 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
Thank you! I really like your suggestions. I think sub 3-attack azumarill is a really good idea and I'll definitely test it out. I think it would allow me to deal with heatran much more efficiently and also let me scout for switch-ins. It'll also give azumarill a little bit of survivability which might be nice. That choice band power though xD But I honestly really like this suggestion and I think it would work really well.

I like your latias suggestion too! I actually used it on this team before but very briefly because it didn't produce terrific results. It just wasn't powerful enough and I hated the fact that defog took my rocks off the field too. I was using a leftovers set though so maybe life orb is a better option. The only thing I have against this switch is that I lose an important scarfer and a very good pivot. But maybe I can work in something else to make up for the speed drop. I like latias a lot and I'll see what I can do!

Now the only thing I'm not sure about is tyranitar. I used to have crunch, fire blast, ice beam, and stealth rock but I would get completely destroyed by heatran. I really need superpower for those types of situations. I might just switch stone edge for ice beam though so that I can deal with gliscor better and I like the defensive spread so if it tests well then I might just switch it to that.

Thanks again for the awesome rate! :]

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Now the only thing I'm not sure about is tyranitar. I used to have crunch, fire blast, ice beam, and stealth rock but I would get completely destroyed by heatran. I really need superpower for those types of situations. I might just switch stone edge for ice beam though so that I can deal with gliscor better and I like the defensive spread so if it tests well then I might just switch it to that.
Well you can also run low kick over something. It really depends on whether scizor/ferrothorn are more problematic to your team than landorus/gliscor. Both are taken out by your teammates, but being a nice lure is reaaly good. I dont recommend superpower because of how prediction reliant it is. If you are wrong you are pretty much forced out. Also i prefer pursuit>crunch as defog latias wont be staying in on you, starmie wont either, and it lets you dent talonflame really nicely.
Thanks again for the awesome rate! :]
No problem man!

Well you can also run low kick over something. It really depends on whether scizor/ferrothorn are more problematic to your team than landorus/gliscor. Both are taken out by your teammates, but being a nice lure is reaaly good. I dont recommend superpower because of how prediction reliant it is. If you are wrong you are pretty much forced out. Also i prefer pursuit>crunch as defog latias wont be staying in on you, starmie wont either, and it lets you dent talonflame really nicely.
No problem man!
Low Kick actually sounds good haha. I hate those attack drops T.T And yeah I think I might switch stone edge to ice beam. I don't think I have a space for fire blast though :( And the only thing with pursuit is that I lose a strong move just for hitting things. But I'll test pursuit out for sure!

By the way I tried out Sub + 3 Attacks Azumarill. It worked really well! The attack drop was noticeable but the freedom and recovery helped a lot. Thank you for the help! :D

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I would try Defog Latios over Trevaunt since it offers around the same pros (beats Rotom-W, can tank fight-moves, etc.) only it has better recover, speed, power, and it can DEFOG, which means you can drop Rapid Spin on Excadrill for a better coverage move. Tyranitar should try Smooth Rock to increase the sand and I'd personally go for the move Sandstorm over Rapid Spin on Excadrill so you can increase your own speed. Use Superpower over Perish Song on Azu the coverage is totally worth it.

Use Swords Dance over Rock Slide since you have the perfect switch in to most things Rock Slide hits (Tyranitar for Talonflame and Dragonite, etc.) On Charizard-Y, use Timid with maximum speed investment, and try using something else over Dragon Pulse like maybe HP Ice, Focus Blast, Hidden Power [Ground], Flamethrower, etc. since Dragon Pulse, in my expriences, is a huge waste. The speed is also mandatory imo.

Good Luck!

I would try Defog Latios over Trevaunt since it offers around the same pros (beats Rotom-W, can tank fight-moves, etc.) only it has better recover, speed, power, and it can DEFOG, which means you can drop Rapid Spin on Excadrill for a better coverage move. Tyranitar should try Smooth Rock to increase the sand and I'd personally go for the move Sandstorm over Rapid Spin on Excadrill so you can increase your own speed. Use Superpower over Perish Song on Azu the coverage is totally worth it.

Use Swords Dance over Rock Slide since you have the perfect switch in to most things Rock Slide hits (Tyranitar for Talonflame and Dragonite, etc.) On Charizard-Y, use Timid with maximum speed investment, and try using something else over Dragon Pulse like maybe HP Ice, Focus Blast, Hidden Power [Ground], Flamethrower, etc. since Dragon Pulse, in my expriences, is a huge waste. The speed is also mandatory imo.

Good Luck!
Thank you! These are some really good suggestions. I like your switch on trevenant because I definitely find trevenant to be useless a lot of the time. Latios does in fact do a lot of things Trevenant does plus some more. The thing that I hate however is that Latios is a pokemon I've used so much that I end up getting bored whenever I play with it because I know exactly what it does and I end up going only through the motions. However, that in itself isn't an argument against Latios. I think to make the team better the switch seems like a really good idea. I also hate defog :( I hate getting my own rocks off the field too hahaha. But freeing up a slot on Excadrill will definitely be useful for bluffing a rapid spin set and also for superior set-up capabilities. I will definitely test the switch!

I like your changes on sand too but I've tried smooth rock before and sometimes I end up constantly switching between drought and sand. This makes smooth rock a little bit unnecessary and the little bit of recovery I get from leftovers seems to help more. I will definitely put sandstorm on excadrill though because it allows excadrill to set-up on its own. I don't know if I'll switch rock slide because it allows me to hit rotom-w a little bit harder while also allowing excadrill to stay against talonflame and other flying types when in for a possible sweep. Swords Dance also takes up one turn of sandstorm which may not be the best in the long run. However, I'll definitely test it out because sometimes I miss out on OHKOs that could be boosted with just one swords dance.

For azumarill I've switched it to the sub 3-attack set suggested above so I don't know if I'll be able to fit superpower in there :(

As for Charizard I think swapping dragon pulse for a better coverage move is a good idea as I really don't find myself using dragon pulse much at all. I think I might switch it for focus blast to hit heatran and tyranitar or maybe just flamethrower for better fire accuracy. I wish it got nasty plot but I suppose that would be too op. For the EV changes I'll definitely test it out. Base 100 speed is quite good and I could definitely utilize it for my benefit but HP is also good in some situations such as tanking certain water attacks. For example, rotom-w hydro pump does like 40 percent with HP investment and it's always nice to see scald do only around 20. But I will certainly test out that speed investment.

These are some really good suggestions and I'll definitely test them out!
Thanks for the rate! :]

I really like your team, it does a great job of using both weathers effectively.
You are very clear on how you are going to win.
at first I was under suspect that you just did a bunch of cookie cutter sets,
but these sets are actually pretty out of the ordinary.
I also love your team for the fact that you've identified your threats
and you've determined how you plan on checking them.
Your team is very justified and your move sets even more so.

I only have minor concerns for your team but nothing you should be over worried about.

1:a problem that I can see is rain teams.
I can see a battle going down of switching T-tar and charizard in to negate rain,
but they are both weak to water types which is a little concerning.

Your main type check to this is trevenant which relies on the sun.

2:I can see some problems dealing with rotom-w (as you already pointed out) on rain teams. Stab volt switch to a politoad and now you lost your sun and stuck charging solar beam.

3:you should think about is mach punch and vacuum wave lucario as possible checks to
excadrill and Ttar.
Its not that big of a deal if you predict with trevenant and will-o-wisp.

Your team structure is awesome!
great typing,
great coverage,
and most importantly
you are playing your pokemon to their strengths.
Great job!
Edit: Just editing for some cleanup to make my post easier to read.

Last edited:
I really like your team, it does a great job of using both weathers effectively.
You are very clear on how you are going to win.
at first I was under suspect that you just did a bunch of cookie cutter sets,
but these sets are actually pretty out of the ordinary.
I also love your team for the fact that you've identified your threats
and you've determined how you plan on checking them.
Your team is very justified and your move sets even more so.

I only have minor concerns for your team but nothing you should be over worried about.

1:a problem that I can see is rain teams.
I can see a battle going down of switching T-tar and charizard in to negate rain,
but they are both weak to water types which is a little concerning.

Your main type check to this is trevenant which relies on the sun.

2:I can see some problems dealing with rotom-w (as you already pointed out) on rain teams. Stab volt switch to a politoad and now you lost your sun and stuck charging solar beam.

3:you should think about is mach punch and vacuum wave lucario as possible checks to
excadrill and Ttar.
Its not that big of a deal if you predict with trevenant and will-o-wisp.

Your team structure is awesome!
great typing,
great coverage,
and most importantly
you are playing your pokemon to their strengths.
Great job!
Edit: Just editing for some cleanup to make my post easier to read.
Thank you! :] I'm glad you liked my creativity in team-building and set-building. I like your analysis of the team because you pointed out many threats I have trouble dealing with. I definitely have trouble with rotom-w but I think with the change to latias suggested above, I have a stronger switch-in to rotom with better recovery.

Also, I agree with your point on mega-lucario. It is definitely a huge threat especially if it carries crunch or dark pulse. Trevenant gets destroyed and if azumarill is weakened then it can sweep my whole team. Usually I try to keep either azumarill or charizard at full health because they can generally take a hit and retaliate back.

Rain teams are actually an interesting point you brought up. There are very few rain teams now because politoed sucks as a pokemon but I have battled against a couple with this team. On paper you would think I am weak to rain seeing as both my weather-inducers are weak to water. However, if charizard has already mega-evolved then scald does around 20 to 30 percent in the sun which means I can switch in multiple times and just roost off the damage while politoed slowly loses health. I see what you mean though and rain can definitely pose a huge problem. I generally make sure to play around it and make sure none of my weather inducers get caught out. I think with the addition of latias and leftovers azumarill I have more assets to help me deal with rain.

Thanks for the great analysis and rate! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)