ORAS Ubers Uber Hyper Offense, 1500 peak, need to improve

Hello, I'd like to present my ORAS Ubers team. I have had fairly good success with it, playing about 150 games with it with a 75% win ratio. But I think it could use some improvement. The team is below:

Godly (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Refresh
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
Typical extreme killer set. Refresh ensures that status users can't stop me, as they are one of the more popular tries to check this thing once it's set up a swords dance. Shadow claw hits the stuff that Extreme Speed cannot, including Dialga, Giratina and Ghost Arceus hard and is better than Shadow Force, which I see some foolhardy people using. Arceus works great as a late game sweeper once its checks are gone. It also can survive two hits from an unboosted enemy exterme killer, no matter how much attack is invested, but then has to speed tie to take it down. The trick to using Arceus most effectively is to know how many SD boosts you need to 2hko something.

burn (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
As this is my first line of defense against Geo ZXern I gave it some extra bulk and used the Thunder Wave +swords Dance set. It's great at wallbreaking, especially with a swords dance boost. Thunder Wave gives Groudon a chance at surviving against +2 Xerneas, as it can switch in when it sets up, then Thunder Wave it and have a 25% chance of the enemy not being able to finish Groudon off next turn. If that doesn't kill it, it is in range of both Deoxys-A and Arceus's Extreme Speed for the revenge kill. This set also survives P-Blades or Earth Power from any form of Primal Groudon except 252+ ATK variants and can OHKO back. I'm not sure why I have 84 speed evs there, I think it's mostly for speed creeping opposing bulky Groudon.

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk
Dialga is an extremely powerful wallbreaker, mostly used as a hit and runner. The boost given by Choice Specs allows it to heavily dent just about everything, except for enemies with multiscale, which basically means Lugia, and Ho-O, who has insane SPD. Draco Meteor can do 92% to offensive Arceus forms, while Overheat sweeps Steel types including Scizor and Specially defensive Skarmory. Sleep Talk allows Dialga to switch into Darkrai's Dark Void and surprise KO it with a powerful hit as it tries to utilize the free turn. Thunder does 80% damage to Primal Kyoger with full accuracy.

diamondHappiness (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
Mega Diancie is extremely powerful after the evolution, but it's also the easiest mon to kill on the team due to its lack of priority. It's mostly there to take down Yveltil and Ho-O, as it can't even survive a Sludge Bomb from Darkrai after the mega. Magic Bounce is offacsionally useful to bounce back rocks, but this thing cannot switch on most rockers unless it's not mega evolved anyway.

eat this (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed
Deoxys-A can nuke just about everything except Yveltil, Arceus and Ho-O. That STAB Psycho Boost hits like a tank, ohkoing all Primal Groudon except the heavily invested SPD variants..

Murderator (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
Latios is a powerful Defog user that also checks both Primals easily. It can easily 2hko either Primal with its stabs, then switch out to something else. I used Tailwind in order to give it a chance of outspeeding something, though it's probably the move that needs changing, but to what I don't know.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hey there.
The team lacks SR and an E-Killer check which is probably the reason why your team struggles in high ladder games since the first one is mandatory and the latter is used quite often. Your team looks really similiar to a sample team which is why I recommend using it to fix all the issues your team has.
- Double Dance Primal Groudon instead of Para Dance
- Shuca Berry SR Dialga for checking Salamence
- Mega Salamence instead of Mega Diancie to have an E-Killer check and a solid Ground resist
- Geomancy Xerneas instead of Latios for checking dark-types
Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade
- Double-Edge

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 212 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Moonblast

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor

Hope I helped.

I'll definitely try out rp > thunder wave on p-don. The problem I see with sr is that it takes a turn to set up, which I never seem to have. Also rest-talk geo-zern is definitely worth trying, but I don't know what I'd replace it with. I really need my defog support which would take a moveslot on Mega-Mence, since it otherwise takes 25% from rocks and then can't really check ekiller except once. Oif I decide to replace Latios with mega-mence and Mega-Diancie with rest-talk Xern I'll have to put defog on Mega-Mence and have to give up Roost or DD. Adding sr to Dialga also takes out one of my strong breakers. Also, how does Mega-Mence check ekillers? It can't OHKO ekiller unless it boost to +1 and then ekiller can set up a sd on it. If it switches as Arceus uses SD, and mega-evolves:
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 192-227 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
2hKO and that's from full, mega-Mence can only fire off a single Return which does 53-64% to it, which is definitely enough to get it into range of Deoxys-A, but I lose Mega-Mence anyway. Switching the Attack evs in the sample set to Defense and giving it an impish nature does just manage to avoid the 2hko:
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 200 HP / 132+ Def Mega Salamence: 157-187 (41.2 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
But then return only has a slim chance of 2hkoing, so same difference I guess. Probably the optimal ev spread is something like 100 hp/164 atk/232 def/12 spe, which prevents the 2hko from +1 espeed and shadow claw and allows it to 2HKO with Return, though it loses a lot of speed and can't outspeed anything neutral natured things above 90 with full investment. I don't like Double Edge's nasty recoil.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
You need SR to break potential sashes, stopping your opponent from switching around freely and breaking abilitys like Sturdy or Multiscale. Adding SR to Dialga will 100% ensure you to break stuff. SR decides games most of the time. Salamence can Intimidate Arceus and either force it out or damage it to the point where Deoxys-A can take it out with an Extreme Speed. Your team also doesn't really need a Darkrai check. You have enough tools to take it out. In the worst case you can go to the Xerneas I recommended and click Sleep Talk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)