Gen 3 uber play

OU stall isn't enough, so I'm going uber stall. I'm thinking that most people can't really speak from experience since most don't play ubers. oh well.
I'd also like to thank obi's threads on uber speed and uber stall, they're very helpful thanks a lot :)

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Spd / 84 SAtk / 32 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Claw
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Toxic

most common uber starter is kyogre, and latias owns kyogre with toxic and light screen. after light screen is up, kyogre's ice beam does a MASSIVE 76 damage or so. lol.
hits 320 speed to outspeed all other non +spd lati@s to set up light screen the first turn and get em with toxic.

Deoxys-L @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Spikes

firepunch for skarm and forretress, knockoff cos it rocks.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 24 Spd / 128 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

covers ttar and metagross. im kinda just following obi's suggestion though i'm not sure why its supposed to have these evs/moves

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Reflect
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

lugia is a winner. probably the hardest pokemon to kill. imagine a dusclops with 20% more special defence, 120 more hp, an instant recovery move, reflect/lightscreen and you have a lugia. this wont die without a ton of luck on the opponent's side. with reflect up, it took 2 rockslides from a swords danced marowak to ww it away.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 1 Atk / 252 Def / 1 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled
- Toxic

special wall. ice beam is overall more useful than seismic toss in uber environment

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Spd / 116 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hypnosis
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Substitute

perishtrap gengar

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Because I'm lazy, damage calc for +1 Rayquaza HP Ghosts, +1 Deoxys-F Shadow balls to your psychic types, and +1 Deoxys-F Ice Beams to Lugia and Latias (without LS) for me.

Light Screen is a beast of a pseudo-pass in Ubers.

Because I'm lazy,
damage calc for
+1 Rayquaza HP Ghosts,

+1 adamant rayquaza - 84-99% to latias, 52-61% on lugia, 53-62% on deoxys-L, 22-25% on groudon
+1 jolly rayquaza - 77-90% on latias, 47-56% on lugia, 48-57% on deoxys-L, 20-24% on groudon

yikes. if its CB then groudon would easily take hits. if its DD, then i guess i'll prevent it from setting up. latias, lugia, blissey toxic it while deoxys-L uses knock off. that should make it easier for lugia to survive and get reflect.

+1 Deoxys-F Shadow balls to your psychic types,

1) i have no plans to switch my psychics into deoxys-F
2) i outpredict by switching to blissey
3) groudon walls all subliechi/CBdeoxys

latias/gengar are ohkoed by shadowball. lugia and deoxys-F survive with about 20%

and +1 Deoxys-F Ice Beams to
Lugia and

1) i'm not letting lugia get hit by ice beam
2) +1 i guess you mean petaya? that means it has sub and wont get past blissey

modest+1
66-78% on lugia

Latias (without LS) for me.

63-74% i'll think i'll switch to blissey

Light Screen is a beast of a pseudo-pass in Ubers.
naturally the presence of reflect/lightscreen would change the figures a lot.
looks like its much more difficult to stall in uber than in OU >.<

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
As far as Subpetaya Deoxys, I forgot to count in Superpower calcs on Blissey from a reasonable mixed Deoxys-F spread.

Sub(/Recover)+Toxic+Taunt+Fthrower Mewtwo rips this whole team apart. Wich I think is okay since it is meant to rape Uber stall. Your weakness to CM+Taunt Mewtwo is pretty impressive though!

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
That was sure a smart comment by zOMG as always.

Any kind of taunt Mewtwo will give you hell, the most common being Sub, CM, Taunt, Ice Beam.

On my stall uber team I run Snorlax on the last spot (Groudon, Lugia, Latias, Forretress and Blissey can handle pretty much anything, I find Deoxys-L near useless, not a single usefull resistance hurts). Snorlax is only there to counter Sub, CM, Taunt, IB/FT Mewtwo and maybe Boom on random stuff.

Gengar is a little out of place.

gengar kills bliss which is very important in teams that rely on toxic damage
i'll try icywind over icebeam, though i dont see how it'll help against sub users, only against safeguard lati@s or something

I am a strong supporter of allowing Latios/Latias in standard play, so if you wish to use either one, it would be fine with me. Also, please do let me know if you care whether or not I use them. They are no different from any base 600 stat poke like Tyranitar, Garchomp, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. They are relatively easy to counter, and keeping the metagame the way it is is just making it stale, and not fun to play with. Wobbuffett is way more broken than the lati twins, and is it Wobb that I feel shouldn't be allowed. The lati twins are two pokes that are far from being impossible to counter, and without soul dew, they are no different from other standard base 600 pokes. If your cool if I use them, let me know. I will always be down with you using them.

I am a strong supporter of allowing Latios/Latias in standard play, so if you wish to use either one, it would be fine with me. Also, please do let me know if you care whether or not I use them. They are no different from any base 600 stat poke like Tyranitar, Garchomp, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. They are relatively easy to counter, and keeping the metagame the way it is is just making it stale, and not fun to play with. Wobbuffett is way more broken than the lati twins, and is it Wobb that I feel shouldn't be allowed. The lati twins are two pokes that are far from being impossible to counter, and without soul dew, they are no different from other standard base 600 pokes. If your cool if I use them, let me know. I will always be down with you using them.
Wobbuffet isn't allowed. >_>
if lati@s with soul dew were allowed, they would rape the metagame easily, please don't try to argue back, it's pointless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)