Ubers At Its Peak: Gen. Empoleon vs Panamaxis

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, first I would like to say sorry if me posting Warstories so frequently is getting on peoples nerves, there have just been a ton of good battles lately. So now on to the battle. I was laddering (if you can call it that in Ubers) when Panamaxis came along. I was in the middle of Poliwrath testing, so my team happened to get torn apart by Panamaxis. Very ticked off that I was so easily crushed by Panamaxis I pick up my best team and click "Find Match". Panamaxis name comes up again and I'm ready for round two. The only real problem is I only remember he carries a Thunder Wave Ground and doesn't run Scarf Palkia... Also this was a 45 turn UBERS match. I've never seen an Ubers game go on as long as this one has.

Gen. Empoleon's Team:

Panamaxis's Team:

It is fairly obvious that Panamaxis runs four of the same pokemon on the team, but that is what happens when you play with Ubers. Ubers is a lot more like chess, you're pretty much guarenteed to know what pokemon your opponent has, since only so many are viable. You can tell that no player has a signifigent advantage over the other (the Lugia may give me a slight edge).
• Evasion Clause
• Species Clause
• Strict Damage Clause
My comments, you guessed it! Are purple
Panamaxis comments will be in green
The score will be in red
The battle will be bolded
The damage (in percents) will be underlined
Leftovers will be ommited
Gen. Empoleon: Dialga and Lugia
Panamaxis: Groudon
panamaxis sent out Darkrai.
Gen. Empoleon sent out Darkrai.

Ok, Darkrai vs. Darkrai lead. I hate basing games on speed ties, so I go to my rest talker to take the incoming Dark Void.

Nothing on my team likes taking sleep, so I might as well risk the speed tie and try to KO darkrai with focus blast.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Dialga.
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Darkrai used Focus Blast.
It's super effective!
Dialga lost 57% of its health.

: 49%

: 100%

Is it me, or do I seem to always make the wrong call at the beginning of a match? Well, I can't risk Dialga on taking another Focus Blast, I have to switch out to a pokemon who can take the attack. Lugia and Scizor are my options, Lugia can't really threaten a Darkrai though.

Well that dialga switch in was great for me. I’m assuming that dialga is a rest-talker as Gen. Empoleon was probably predicting a dark void. Focus Blast will finish of dialga and there is no point in switching out.

---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Scizor.
Scizor lost 42% of its health.

: 58%

So I send Scizor in to take the Focus Blast and to possibly OHKO with U-Turn. U-Turn is generally the safe option in Ubers since I will either KO his Darkrai, or I see what he will switch to.

I can’t KO scizor, while he can in KO me in return with U-turn or X-Scissor. Of all possible moves, a bug type move is most likely so I’ll switch to my Bug resist.

---
panamaxis switched in Scizor.
Scizor used U-turn.
It's not very effective...
Scizor lost 26% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon switched in Darkrai.

: 74%

I found this part somewhat comical. I want to get one of his pokemon asleep, as status is a big deal in Ubers. I use Dark Void, hoping it won't miss.

It’s the reverse situation now and Gen. has the advantage. I know he’s going to dark void so I’ll just keep scizor in and try to do as much damage as possible with bullet punch.

---
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Darkrai lost 57% of its health.
Scizor lost 10% of its health.
Darkrai used Dark Void.
Scizor fell asleep!
Scizor lost 12% of its health.

: 43%

: 52% + Asleep

The metal bug is asleep and my Darkrai is locked into Dark Void, I can't stay in due to that damned Sleep Clause. So I switch to Dialga, to heal off that damage that he so carelessly took in the beginning of the game.

I’m pretty confident his darkrai is scarfed as most leads are so I’m going to switch to Kyogre who can pretty much 2HKO everything in the game.

---
panamaxis switched in Kyogre.
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Rain began to fall!
The rain continues to fall.

: 55%

God damn it. Kyogre is the king of Ubers, hands down. Most likely it is the Specs Kyogres set and Dialga cannot take a Specs Water Spout at his current health. My only option is to go to Palkia to take the incoming attack.

I remember that General Empoleon has used a parasect before. With water absorb my water attacks will be useless, so I’ll Ice Beam in hopes of killing that bug.

---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Palkia.
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
Kyogre used Ice Beam.
Palkia lost 51% of its health.

It is not just me is it? Well I don't want to switch in any other pokemon in fear of weakening my team too much. I use Thunder in hopes of dealing a devistating blow to Kyogre.

Palkia, hmm. My team is actually pretty Palkia weak, so I’ll keep kyogre in to finish it off...

---
Palkia used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 66% of its health.
Kyogre is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Kyogre is paralysed! It can't move!

: 34% + paralysed

Lady luck smiled on me. Kyogre is paralysed and knowing Panamaxis, there is no way he would keep Kyogre into die. Also remembering that he carries a Groudon I switch to my sure fire Groudon counter.

And Lady Luck kicks my ass. His palkia could be scarfed, so I’ll switch to Groudon.

---
panamaxis switched in Groudon.
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Gen. Empoleon switched in Lugia.
Lugia is exerting its pressure!
The sun continues to shine.

I predict right, and my bird... thing is staring down the beat of the earth. I don't want to risk predicting to early again, so I pick Reflect, in case he decides to use Stone Edge or a stat up move.

Good prediction by General Empoleon here. Groudon won’t be able to do too much to lugia so I’ll switch to kyogre, who will be able to survive two Ice Beams from that beast.

---
The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
Lugia used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!

: 100% + Reflect

Kyogre marches his way in, even being terrifying while paralysed. I have no idea what Kyogre is going to do. I need to sacrifice a pokemon to see what move Kyogre is going to do.

Lugia has very good special defense, so it can theoretically beat me with just roost and Ice Beam. Therefore I need some luck to beat it so with a 30% chance of paralysis and a supereffective hit, thunder is the best choice.

---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Darkrai.
Kyogre used Thunder.
Darkrai lost 43% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Darkrai fainted.

: 0% + Reflect

5-6 Panamaxis

Darkrai comes in, and Panamaxis scores the first kill. Kyogre has chosen Thunder, and really only one pokemon on my team can withstand a Thunder. Dialga. I could switch in Palkia to threaten with Thunder and or Spacial Rend, but I fear that if I predict wrong I would lose my valuable sweeper.
Gen. sacrificies his darkrai for the safe switch and I obtain the first kill.

---

So Dialga comes in to take the Thunder and to rest up. Dialga is running his best set; Bulk Up Dialga. It can sweep teams once there Groudon or Lugia is out of the way.

Thunder will not do much to dialga. Dialga is getting low on health so General Empoleon will probably use Rest, so I’ll switch to groudon.

The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Dialga used Rest.
Dialga fell asleep!
Dialga restored 45% of its health.

: 100% + 2 turns of sleep + Reflect

I get some turns of rest, and Groudon comes in to threaten me with STAB Earthquake. I don't want to over predict, so I go to Lugia to avoid the attack and then we'll see where to go.

Just as I expected, dialga rests and I have the advantage. No-one in their right mind would leave dialga in against groudon, especially when he has a lugia, so I’ll switch to darkrai in hopes of matching up against his lugia.

---
panamaxis switched in Darkrai.

: 100% + Reflect

Double switches, which I find beautiful in a way. Meaning that we've both predicted one or the other. In this case Panamaxis has out predicted me. I don't know what he is going to do. He could put me to sleep (as Rest doesn't activate Sleep Clause) he could Trick an item to me, or he could Dark Pulse. Scizor, not caring about 2 / 3 is the best option I have.

Excellent, I get the match up that I hoped for. I have four options here:
• Dark Pulse
• Trick
• Focus Blast
• Dark Void
Dark Pulse is the obvious move to use as it would severely hurt lugia, but it doesn’t scratch dialga or scizor so that’s a no.
Trick would seriously cripple lugia and dialga, while slightly hampering scizors attacking power.
Focus Blast will 2HKO scizor and dialga, but won’t do jack to lugia.
Dark Void will cripple anything except dialga, who could very possibly be his switch in.
Weighing over the options, trick is the best as it will hurt any pokemon that comes in.

---
Darkrai used Trick.
Darkrai obtained Choice Band!
Scizor obtained Choice Scarf!
Scizor's reflect wore off!

: 100% + locked into Trick

Scizor comes in to find himself wearing a scarf instead of his extremely manly band. While Darkrai is screaming over the useless item he has now recived. U-Turn once again is my best option as U-Turn should deal a killing blow to Darkrai.

So he switched in scizor. Darkrai can’t take a U-turn so I’ll bring in my own scizor.

---
Scizor used U-turn.
Scizor lost 17% of its health.

: 100% + 2 turns of sleep

: 35% + Asleep

Panamaxis switches in his own sleeping Scizor and I bring in Dialga to get start Bulking Up. The only thing threatening him is Groudon, who is handled by most of my team.

I can’t let dialga set up against my snoozing scizor, but I don’t want Groudon to take an outrage on the switch as I need it to be in good health to survive Lugia’s Ice Beams if I get the chance to dance. I figure that kyogre is the least useful so I’ll switch it in as fodder.

---
The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
Dialga is fast asleep!
Dialga used Sleep Talk.
Dialga used Bulk Up.
Dialga's attack was raised.
Dialga's defence was raised.

: 100% + 1 turn of sleep + 1 atk/def

Sleep Talk gives me Bulk Up while his Kyogre comes in. I hope that I get Outrage on my next Talk, but knowing me, I probably won't. I use Sleep Talk again as I am faster and the worst he can do is Ice Beam for a 3HKO.

Kyogre gets in safely. I’ll Ice Beam because nothing else on my team will like switching into a +1 Outrage.

---
Dialga is fast asleep!
Dialga used Sleep Talk.
Dialga used Rest.
But it failed!
Kyogre used Ice Beam.
Dialga lost 38% of its health.

: 68% + 1 atk/def

Ah, I get a useless Rest and now I am hurt. Dialga wakes up next turn. Panamaxis is a smart guy, so I know he is probably going to switch. I keep Dialga in to Rest up again and keep him at full health.

Dialga will live another Ice Beam from kyogre so I think he will bulk up and then rest, so I’ll switch to Groudon.

---
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Dialga woke up!
Dialga used Rest.
Dialga fell asleep!
Dialga restored 32% of its health.

: 100% + 1 atk/def + 2 turns of sleep

Alright, now this is where mind games start playing a huge role in the game. Everytime he's brought Groudon in I've gone straight to Lugia. Now, all I remember from last game is that it is a Thunder Wave Groudon. I don't want to lose my Luiga's use due to it being paralysed. So, it may seem odd, but I decide to keep Dialga in.

Great, Groudon got in safely. No-one in the right mind would leave dialaga in against groudon, since earthquake will still do major damage even at +1 defence, so I’ll catch his lugia on the switch with Thunder-Wave.

---
Groudon used Thunder Wave.
But it failed!
Dialga is fast asleep!
Dialga used Sleep Talk.
Dialga used Bulk Up.
Dialga's attack was raised.
Dialga's defence was raised.

: 100% + 2 atk/def + 1 turn of sleep

Correct! I knew that I would finally catch him. I once again don't know what to do. He could out predict (me being very predictable) or I could pick right. Lugia getting paralysed isn't a good thing at all, and Stone Edge may crit, making me lose her forever. Kyogre can take atleast one STAB Earthquake, and can most likely outspeed due to Groudon running Thunder Wave.

Damn, great move there by Gen. I can’t let dialga get too many bulk ups, so I’ll just go for an earthquake in case he tries to get fancy by keeping dialga in.

---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Kyogre.
The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
Groudon used Earthquake.
Kyogre lost 59% of its health.

: 41%

Kyogre comes into an Earthquake and is ready to ride some waves. I pick Surf since Water is probably the second best attacking type in ubers, next to Dragon of course.

Well I’m glad I didn’t Swords Dance there. Not much on my team likes switching into Kyogre except Rayquaza, but due to Life Orb damage he can only switch in once (maybe twice). Scizor is easily my most useless pokemon as it is asleep and on low health.

---
Kyogre used Surf.
Scizor lost 35% of its health.
panamaxis's Scizor fainted.

: 0%

5-5 Tie

He sacrifices his Scizor to get the advantage of a free switch in.

Sacrifice complete. Time to deal some damage with rayquaza.

---
panamaxis switched in Rayquaza.

He switches in Rayquaza, a very unpredictable sweeper, and one of the most threatening sweepers due to ExtremeSpeed. I can't lose Kyogre just yet, so I switch to Lugia my 100% Rayquaza counter.

I run a mixed rayquaza, which is a 2HKO on lugia so I’ll Draco Meteor in hopes of dealing major damage on Lugia.

Rayquaza used Draco Meteor.
Lugia lost 55% of its health.
Rayquaza's special attack was harshly lowered.
Rayquaza lost 10% of its health.

: 51%
: 90% - 2 SpAtk

Mixed Rayquaza is something you don't see every day. Thanks to Lugia's huge SpDef I was able to shrug off the hit. My Lugia, also being faster, can roost of the damage and then set up Reflect or something else.

55%? I expected more than that, gee Lugia is a beast. I guess that 2HKO factored in Stealth Rocks Damage. Rayquaza can’t stay in here, so my best switch-in with an ice resistance, is kyogre.

---
Lugia used Roost.
Lugia restored 49% of its health.

Fuck me. Kyogre is weak, so Water Spout isn't as threatening, I go to Dialga as nothing Kyogre can do is anything less than a 3HKO

He’ll probably switch-in Dialga, so I’ll hit it with an Ice-Beam.

---
Kyogre used Ice Beam.
Dialga lost 38% of its health.

: 68% + 1 turn of sleep

Dialga comes in, takes an Ice Beam, and is still is fairly comfortable. I decide that it is worth keeping him in, getting an Outrage on Sleep Talk and getting rid of that monster.

Yes! Ice Beam will KO dialga before he wakes up so unless I get fully paralysed or dialga picks outrage I will beat it. The odds aren’t in my favour, but I’ll take my chances.

---
Dialga is fast asleep!
Dialga used Sleep Talk.
Dialga used Rest.
But it failed!
Kyogre used Ice Beam.
Dialga lost 39% of its health.
Dialga's leftovers restored its health a little!
Dialga restored 6% of its health.

: 35%

: 34% + paralysis

Well, I guess that is what happens when you fully paralyse a Kyogre in the beginning of a match. Well I don't want to risk a Groudon coming in, so I go to my other steel type, Scizor to take the Ice Beam, and then provide me with tactical support.

Groudon is not 2HKOed by an unboosted outrage and kyogre could potentially be useful later in the match so I’ll switch to Groudon and hopefully get a free SD as he switches dialga out.

---
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!

Got to love those double switches. I do make an error here, still thinking I have Choice Band, I think I am slower than Groudon.

So he brings in Scizor. Scizor does not threaten my in the slightest so let’s dance!

---
Scizor used U-turn.
Groudon lost 22% of its health.
Groudon used Swords Dance.
Groudon's attack was sharply raised.

: 84% + 2 Atk

The end result wasn't anything THAT scary, but Groudon getting + 2 would have happened wether or no I was faster than him. I set up Reflect to make my time walling him easier (possible is what I SHOULD say)

Lugia will not enjoy a +2 Stone Edge. He will probably set up a reflect so I’ll thunder-wave so both Groudon and Rayquaza will have a better chance at breaking lugia.

---
Lugia used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
Groudon used Thunder Wave.
Lugia is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Groudon's leftovers restored its health a little!
Groudon restored 6% of its health.

; 100% + Paralysis + Reflect
: 84% + 2 Atk

I set up Reflect to find my bird stunned in mid air. I can't do much, so I'll use Whirlwind to remove his stat ups and make him a less dominant threat later in the game.

Just as I thought, he sets up a reflect and I smack it with electricity. I’ll Stone Edge before he Whirlwinds me out or Ice Beams.

---
Groudon used Stone Edge.
Groudon's attack missed!
Lugia used Whirlwind.

: 100% + Paralysis + Reflect

I send Darkrai in... Great. Though Stone Edge did miss, which is on the upside (if it landed it would probably have critted >_<). I send in Scizor to see what Darkrai is going to do.

Lady Luck smites me again, but on the upside, darkrai got dragged in. Lugia is paralysed so he probably won’t keep it in, so I’ll focus blast to catch his scizor or dialga.

---
Scizor lost 37% of its health.

: 21% + Reflect

I should have expected nothing less from Panamaxis. I use Bullet Punch so I can deal some damage to Darkrai before I die. This is one part in the game, I didn't understand.

Bingo! Scizor did not enjoy that focus blast one bit. I need to keep darkrai in good health as it looks like it is my best chance of winning. Kyogre should be able to survive 2 bullet punches so I’ll switch it in.

---
The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
Kyogre lost 16% of its health.

: 21% + Reflect

: 18% + paralysis

Instead of getting the KO on Scizor, Panamaxis sends in his Kyogre to take the Bullet Punch. I don't mind, I just didn't completely understand it. Scizor is my death fodder, might as well see what is instore for me.

Just as I thought, kyogre will survive the next attack, so I’ll surf to drown that bug.

---
Kyogre lost 15% of its health.
Kyogre is paralysed! It can't move!
Scizor's reflect wore off!

: 21%

: 3% + paralysis

A bit more luck on my side, Kyogre gets fully paralysed again I doubt that Panamaxis is going to do any clever switching with a pokemon a 3% so I use Bullet Punch again.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. No point in switch out now.

---
Kyogre lost 3% of its health.
panamaxis's Kyogre fainted.

: 21%

5-4 Gen. Empoleon

Kyogre ges down, and now I wait to see what Panamaxis has instore for me.

Kyogre is down and out, so it’s time to switch in...

---
panamaxis switched in Palkia.

Palkia, the one other pokemon I remember from our match. I'm almost positive it is Lustrous Orb Palkia, so my Palkia should out speed it, and OHKO with Spacial Rend. Let's not get to far ahead of myself... I keep Scizor in to deal some damage with Bullet Punch.

Palkia! Bullet Pullet will do jack to Palkia, but I doubt Gen. will switch scizor out, so I’ll just surf.

Palkia lost 19% of its health.
Palkia used Surf.
Scizor lost 21% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Scizor fainted.

: 81%
4-4 Tie

Scizor goes down, as expected, and now I really only have one option in what pokemon to send in.

Scizor is down and I await what General Empoleon has in store for me.

---

If memory serves correctly, Panamaxis Palkia is Lustrous Orb, meaning that my Palkia should be able to kill it. I use Spacial Rend and...

Palkia vs. Palkia. Either General Empoleon thinks I’m not (wait he is O.o) Choice Scarfed, he is Choice Scarfed or he simply has no better switch into palkia. I too have no safe switch into that, but palkia is too useful to die now so I’ll sacrifice Groudon

The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Palkia used Spacial Rend.
Groudon lost 54% of its health.

: 43%

Panamaxis brings in his Groudon to be death fodder, or perhaps he was predicting Thunder. I like to think that it is the latter, but either really works. I'm scarfed, so I really can only use one move.

I doubt General Empoleon would have let me swords dance again, so Groudon was my least useful pokemon.

---
Groudon lost 43% of its health.
panamaxis's Groudon fainted.

4-3 Gen. Empoleon

Groudon tumbles down, and I'm left to wonder what Panamaxis will bring in next.

Sacrifice complete

---

Darkrai, great. My Spacial Rend will fail to OHKO a 100% Darkrai. So I'm left clueless. I then see that Palkia, is extremely threatening to all of his remaning pokemon, so his #1 priority would be to put my Palkia down. I go to Rialga because it can take both a Dark Void, a Trick or a Dark Pulse.

Palkia is a huge threat to the rest of my team. Dark Pulse will not KO it so my only option is too put it to sleep.

Darkrai used Dark Void.
But it failed!
Dialga lost 12% of its health.

: 29%

Dialga comes in and snores, loud. Darkrai cannot do anything to Dialga, and Dialga is just on the verge of waking up. So I use Outrage to catch whatever pokemon he decides to leave in / switch out off guard.

General Empoleon probably realises how Palkia can devastate the rest of my team and wise chooses to switch to Dialga. Everything on my team is OHKOed by Outrage, so I’ll sacrifice Palkia.

---
panamaxis switched in Palkia.
Dialga woke up!
Dialga used Outrage.
Dialga went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Palkia lost 81% of its health.
panamaxis's Palkia fainted.
Dialga's leftovers restored its health a little!
Dialga restored 6% of its health.

: 35% + locked into Outrage

4-2 Gen. Empoleon

Panamaxis decides that Palkia was pokemon to be deemed "Death Fodder". It is extreme late game, which is great for me as it is the part of the game I am best at. The bad part is it gets harder to comment on turns.

Gen. makes the smart move and outrages Palkia into space and time.

---
It's super effective!
Dialga lost 35% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Dialga fainted.

3-2 Gen. Empoleon

Darkrai comes back in to take revenge against Dialga. Fous Blast goes for the OHKO and I'm left with three pokemon. Palkia, Lugia and Kyogre

Now Dialga is trapped so I can OHKO with focus blast.

---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Kyogre.

Kyogre has the Special Defenses to take a Focus Blast, and maybe can OHKO back with Surf. Yeah....

Kyogre will not be KOed by focus blast and can KO me in return with surf. Rayquaza can take a surf and KO back, so I’ll switch him in.

The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
panamaxis switched in Rayquaza.
Kyogre used Surf.
Rayquaza lost 48% of its health.

: 42%
Panamaxis switches in his Rayquaza so he can shrug off the damage, and then OHKO me back with anyone one of his moves.

Good he surfed. I’ll Draco Meteor which will cause major damage to whatever switches in.

---
Rayquaza used Draco Meteor.
Kyogre lost 41% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Kyogre fainted.
Rayquaza's special attack was harshly lowered.

: 32% - 2 SpAtk
2-2 Tie

Kyogre tumbles down, and I'm left with Palkia as my main chance to KO Rayquaza, as all I have seen so far is Draco Meteor.

Kyogre is down and I’m left wondering what he will switch in.

---

Palkia should be able to him as she is carrying a scarf, and then OHKO with Spacial Rend.
Palkia is probably carrying a scarf otherwise he would’ve switched Lugia. I’ll Extremespeed to do as much damage as possible.

Rayquaza used Extremespeed.
Palkia lost 39% of its health.
It's super effective!
Rayquaza lost 22% of its health.
panamaxis's Rayquaza fainted.

: 10%
2-1 Gen. Empoleon

Everything is going as predicted, the match is almost over, except I don't know if I can handle a Darkrai with a Palkia at 10% and a paralysed Lugia.

Rayquaza is down and I’m down to my last pokemon: Darkrai.

---
Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
It's super effective!
Lugia lost 53% of its health.
: 53% + Paralysis

I can't lose Palkia just yet, as a Surf in the rain stands a shot at OHKOing a Darkrai. I send in Lugia to maybe deal some damage to Darkrai, so to higher my chance of the OHKO on Darkrai.

Dark Pulse was really my only option here. I’m not sure how much a rain boosted surf will do to darkrai, as it isn’t one of the bulkier ubers, all I do know is that it will be close. If I roll max damage, he flinches or gets paralysed I have a chance to win. If none of this happens I lose. Here goes nothing...

---
Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
It's super effective!
Lugia lost 50% of its health.
Lugia used Ice Beam.
Darkrai lost 28% of its health.
Lugia's leftovers restored its health a little!
Lugia restored 6% of its health.

: 9% + Paralysis
: 72%

Lugia survives another hit and deals some damage with Ice Beam, meaning that Palkia should have a perfect shot at OHKOing the Demon.

Damn. I didn’t roll max damage and he didn’t get paralysed or flinched, so that Ice Beam will secure the victory for General Empoleon.

---
Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
It's super effective!
Lugia lost 9% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Lugia fainted.

: 72%

1-1 Tie

Just watch the damn match.

Not much needs to be said. Read Below.

---
Gen. Empoleon: Pana
Gen. Empoleon: Wow
panamaxis: close game
panamaxis: gg
Gen. Empoleon: That was GREAT
used Surf.
lost 72% of its health.
panamaxis's Darkrai fainted.
Gen. Empoleon wins!

Props:
Panamaxis, for the best Uber match of my life
Palkia, for winning me the match
Dakrai, for being at 100% through the entire match
Scizor for killing Kyogre
Mixed Rayquaza
Kyogre, as always, being threateing
Great predictions on both parts
Slops:
45 turn match, my god

probably will expand the comments tomorrow. So tired.
three hours on this thing. My god.

I'll keep it short, but this was a really good read, much like the other warstories you have posted. Battling against someone new is interesting, but battling against someone who's team you have an idea about is even more interesting, particularaly in Ubers. And the tight finish between you two was great as well. Overall, I was totally absorbed.

inb4thisgetsarchived

Great match Gen. This is the first time I think Ive read every word. My heart is actually beating faster than it was at the start of the Warstory. Wow, Im just amazed at this. Great job.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
One small note: when you defeated Groudon, you typed Rialga instead of Dialga.

Otherwise, a good but very long match (especially ubers).

No Parasect? :(

Good warstory overall, but I guess it's because you have experience. Comments were decent as always. But yeah, 45 turn matches are painful.

I assume the 3 hours was spent on adding in the little sprites? Heh.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Nice match Gen. and great warstory. I switched kyogre into scizor because i needed darkrai at optimal health because it was my best chance at winning and I was banking on it surviving two bullet punches, which it did but paralysis... Oh yeah and when I tricked with darkrai, my thought process was that it would cripple either lugia if it stays in or dialga. Also Groudon was death fodder, because I was pretty sure you would not let me swords dance again.

Looking over my team, palkia destroys me, so i should get a counter for it, problem is there is no counter for palkia :(.

Indra

DACODBOSS
is a Past WCoP Champion
Nice entertaining warstory over here, epic game too =) Palkia ftw! Panamaxis played great as well. Nice battle you two.

Very nice battle. Fantastic read. Well played on both ends. Great predicting as well. A battle like this is just about as good as it gets.

I was surprised when when you said it'd last so long, yet the beginning of the match had several bad moves. Had me wondering just how it would progress, and you played out from your errors. Very, very nice.

Comments, format, etc. are as good as always. One of the things I love most is your nice after-turn updates.

Good battle, as expected from good players like you ;). It's quite sad that there are no gimmicks like that Parasect from your previous warstory Gen, but I guess it doesn't change the fact, that this warstory is also a solid read. And don't stop in writing uber warstories, right now it's my favourite metagame and I won't be bored of them too fast ;). Anyway good job, I enjoyed reading this one ;).

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the good comments guys. I'll fix that Dialga and Panamaxis is going to give me his comments in a little.

>_< The sprites did take some time.

Also no gimmicks, I am sorry =[

I don't normally have anything to do with Ubers, but something about this made me read all the way to the end. A great match, and really well written (as per usual :naughty: ).

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Every time I see your name on a warstory, I know exactly what to expect...

Pure excellence in the robes of a saga. Wizard.

It seems you're of noble descent (like myself) of story telling this fantastic uber warstory. I have to admit you have fortified your stablized nasty tactics to play ubers, you are pretty good my friend.

Looking over my team, palkia destroys me, so i should get a counter for it, problem is there is no counter for palkia :(.
Empoleon LOL

Ummm.. Very good game indeed got a bit lost mid way through with all the paralyzings but apart from that it just confirm how awesome palkia and dialga are and you use some of my favourite sets.

A very nice story, as always. Though no Parasect was pretty strange :(
And I don't think it's just you who sucks at predicting early game *points to self*

Matthew

A solid counter to Palkia is a Metagross with Ice Punch. Though Surf hurts him all the same. Tyranitar does a beautiful job in counter (non aura sphere) versions of her. If you're really desperate you can put a Haban Berry on Rayquaza.

I've given up on this dream.

=[

I wish I knew how to give this thread a 5-star rating because it truly deserves one. If all Ubers battles are as good as this, then maybe I should try it out some time.

I haven't read this yet, but I would just like to stay that, contrary to your opening statement, I'm very glad that you post warstories so frequently because you are a good warstory writer and have a good taste for what kind of battles should be warstoried. Also, if it weren't for you, Warstories would appear somewhat infrequently, which would be boring.

Matthew

I haven't read this yet, but I would just like to stay that, contrary to your opening statement, I'm very glad that you post warstories so frequently because you are a good warstory writer and have a good taste for what kind of battles should be warstoried. Also, if it weren't for you, Warstories would appear somewhat infrequently, which would be boring.
You honestly don't know how much that means to me.

I was looking forward to seeing Parasect. Honestly, it wasn't the greatest Uber match I've seen... longest though.

However it was probably some of the greatest commentary! Great job!

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Excellent battle with excellent predictions from both sides, and excellent warstory with excellent comments and very easy to read.
Congrats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)