ORAS Ubers Ubers Balance-ish (Peaked #46, 86.0 GXE, W/L 44-8 or something)

Papa, why?

• Total voters

Malley

Dominachu
Alright guys, I've tilted a bit and haven't played much Ubers recently, so I thought I may as well RMT the team I've been using. It's rough as rhino balls, so I figure some of you might enjoy sanding it down a bit.

The basic idea of it is to abuse the obscene imbalance in Ubers at the moment, by chucking the two most potent sweepers around (E-Killer and GeoXern) in with a SpDef P-don and seeing what happens. Nothing flashy - they're just so good that most teams can hardly do anything about it. Filling out the rest of the team are trapper M-Gengar, physical wall Yveltal, and my own bulky Latias who is my bae and basically the only reason I'm writing this thing. That should be all as far as introductions go, so I'll get on with the team.

upload_2015-1-25_20-24-58.png

The Backbone

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake

Set ripped straight off the Smogon dex. The thought process behind choosing it was quite simply 'why the fuck wouldn't I' - I don't know that this is its best set, but I needed a rocker and a GeoXern counter and this does both jobs pretty much perfectly. T-wave + Dragon Tail has got more common recently, since it can cripple Xern and has more utility otherwise, but for the moment I like Roar for getting rid of Sub Lugia as well, and only taking up one moveslot. This does of course lead me onto the next question - "What do those attacks actually do?"; the answer is, in practice, not much. I hardly ever go for an attack hoping to KO, but being able to spray around Lava Plume burn chances is pretty nice - especially against Mence - and EQ ensures that Mega Diancie doesn't shit shiny pink sprinkles all over me. I'm very much open to changing this guy, as long as the rocks and the Xern-countering remain.

upload_2015-1-25_20-40-57.png

The Win Condition

I swear I literally just now found out this thing changes colour.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 104 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This fucker is insanely good. All it needs is a tiny bit of team support and it can come in on a free switch and go medieval on everybody's ass. After rocks, the only single things standing in the way of a Geomancy sweep (provided they're healthy) are Primal Groudon, a few support Arceuses, Aegislash and Klefki (and I guess whatever other situational steel you want to run), Ditto, and Focus Bands. In addition to these, it can be worn down by repeated sacs with priority, and status damage if you choose to set up on an Yveltal or Giratina, but by the time it goes down the rest of the team should be able to easily clear up. P-don and Ditto are the most annoying 'mons for it, but since P-don rarely has access to any recovery it can be played around easily enough, and Ditto I'll deal with in the threatlist.
For most of my laddering I ran HP Fire, which did pretty nicely against the odd Ferrothorn and Scizor you would see, but I've recently switched it out for HP Ground in order to almost always OHKO offensive P-dons after rocks, and do a nice 55.4 - 65.3% to SpDef variants, compared with 43.8 - 51.4% for Moonblast. I would also consider Focus Blast in that fourth slot, to OHKO Ferro and do exactly the same as HP Ground to P-don, but I am of course terrified by its accuracy, and have decent Ferro answers elsewhere.

upload_2015-1-25_21-3-34.png

The Broken Motherfucker

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave

Gengar do what Gengar do. Don't mean to reignite the ban argument, but I do think this thing should have gone, just because of how much it inhibits team building when it comes to sorting out your Xerneas checks. But of course, I haven't come to preach, and I'm going to abuse this thing as much as I can. Namely, by taking out those few GeoXern counters that exist, and death hugging the way clear for a sparkles-and-rainbows sweep. Not much needs saying about how it works - come in on a free switch, play some mind games with Taunt if need be, then either KO regularly or force a double-down with Destiny Bond and Shadow Tag. Doesn't see too much use, but it is invaluable in tackling Arceus formes and Ferrothorns in the normal manner, and Darkrais and Dittos as will be discussed in the threatlist. One annoyance is that it cannot trap on the turn it mega evolves, but I have become conscious of this recently and have started trying to go mega as early on in the game as I can.

upload_2015-1-25_21-21-23.png

The Auxiliary Win-Condition

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

It seems odd to call E-Killer an 'auxiliary' to anything, but the fact is that the metagame is far better set-up to deal with this guy than it is to deal with GeoXern. A weakness to burn limits him severely - and I'm hesitant to sacrifice my Silk Scarf in favour of a Lum - and bulky 'mons like Giratina, other Arceuses, Yveltal, and Mega-Mence cause problems. That said, E-Killer is still an incredible threat late-game, very often cleaning the bloody mess GeoXern leaves behind; in addition, Silk-Scarf-boosted Extremespeeds are fantastic for revenge killing, an area of the game that my team could otherwise struggle with. I have no other priority, so I will generally try to preserve E-Killer as late as possible.
This bulk means I beat physically defensive Yveltal one-on-one, and have a good chance against Mega-Mence even after the Intimidate drop, simply because of how often people misplay and try to set up. I can also take a +2 Moonblast 75% of the time, without rocks, although I cannot then KO back.

upload_2015-1-25_21-34-19.png

The Utility

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic

Physical-wall, stallbreaker, anti-sweeper Yveltal is possibly the most fun 'mon to use in all of Ubers, because it handles itself so damn well and does not give a demonic shit about your white-ass physical attacks. Even if it can't KO, as in the case of bulky E-Killer - see above - it can break a sweep provided my own E-Killer is around to finish up the job, and very often it can KO by itself and then heal up to a point at which it can come in again. Probably its proudest moment was against a Scarf Zekrom, threatening to sweep, when it took a Bolt Strike like a fucking boss and KOd back, effectively winning me the game from there.
Not actually relevant, but I wanted to say it because it made me feel warm inside.
It's also my main answer against stall, or just random stally Pokémon that get thrown into regular teams, and while this doesn't come up often it's important to have.

And finally,

upload_2015-1-25_21-45-17.png

The Primal Befouler, Whom I Adore Even If She Looks Kind Of Odd

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 168 Def / 128 SpA / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Yes, that is Psychic and Psyshock on the same Pokémon. Some mons are mixed. Get over it.
As I said at the beginning, Latias is the only one on this team who really feels like my own. I originally ran a more standard set with Defog in place of Psychic, but I was tired of P-don eating up my Dracos and forcing me to switch, so I went a-calcing to see what I could do. I also wanted to keep my ability to repeatedly switch into and force out Primal Shrek, to which Latias is almost a perfect counter barring hax.
Latias is EVd to 2HKO offensive P-don with Psychic, while also retaining the ability to KO with Draco on the second hit and ensure that Yveltal and Darkrai can't switch in freely on it. SpDef P-don can do nothing to me unless it is carrying Dragon Tail - which is admittedly annoying, but can be Roosted off later in the game - and Primal Ogre can't hope to KO me one-on-one before it goes down to my Psyshocks. I am also often able to catch Xerneas on the switch, as it tries to come in on a Draco and set up a Geomancy, and what is more Latias's bulk is such that I can take an unboosted Moonblast even after rocks, and do enough damage with a Psyshock to effectively cripple the Xerneas for the rest of the game. And, of course, there is the surprise factor, which while generally a terrible reason for running a set can come in handy nevertheless.
Lacking any fogger on this team is mildly annoying, but only mildly, as I will almost always get up my own rocks and there are very few spinners running around in Ubers. My only 'mon to really suffer from rocks is Yveltal, and so the chances are that the opposing team will want them gone just as much as I, and will be forced to Defog anyway without any action on my part.

Threatlist

Darkrai, especially lead: I have no sleep absorber on this team, and nothing naturally faster, so really all I can do here is lead off with E-Killer, break any sash, and either hope Dark Void misses (if it does, that's dandy) or bring in Latias on the Nasty Plot to take a +2 Dark Pulse like a god and KO with a Draco. This is obviously not an optimal solution, since it leaves me with one 'mon asleep and another seriously damaged, so I am still looking for a spot in the team for a sleep absorber. I have also considered putting Protect on Mega Gengar (although I'm not sure in place of what) to get up a guaranteed Mega Evolution and be able to then outspeed and KO (barring sash) with Focus Blast.

Ho-oh, if rocks aren't up: There's not much to be said here - Ho-oh is an absolute beast. Nothing on my team can avoid a 2HKO from offensive variants, so my best answer is generally to sac then force out with E-Killer. Thankfully, I have got better at dealing with the Mega-Diancie + Ho-oh core, and haven't had much trouble with this steroidal phoenix for a while.

Shit I just realised that's why Ho-oh gets Regenerator.

Ditto: For a team based around set-up sweeping, this was always going to be an annoying fucker to face. Thankfully it's not too easy a 'mon to use, so I can play around it easily enough against less experienced players, but against better players I really only have one way to tackle it, and it's not at all fun. I set-up with E-Killer early-game, provided there are no other E-Killer checks around, and lure it in with the juicy temptation of stealing my +2 Extremespeeds and sweeping through me with it. Note: Gengar must have already Mega-Evolved. If it doesn't come in, I can proceed to decimate (killing 0.6 of a Pokémon, fuck yeah) the opponent's team, so it is generally forced to. Once in, I have to let it KO my E-Killer, then bring in Mega-Gengar to trap it while being immune to the only move it can go for, and therefore still being fresh to take out any other GeoXern checks that might be around. If the opponent realises what I am doing too late, they cannot save themselves by going for an Earthquake, since my +2 Extremespeed will KO every time against their inferior HP, and I will be set.

And other set-up sweepers; GeoXern in particular: As I have said, P-don is my dedicated GeoXern counter, so if it is gone I am in trouble. I do not often need P-don for much else, so I can generally preserve it, but if it is gone or whittled then my options are limited to exactly what my own GeoXern can succumb to - status, priority with sacs, and horrific misplays. I can also keep up the offensive pressure to limit set-up opportunities, and while this generally works quite well, Yveltal and Latias are natural liabilities.

Conclusion

That's pretty much it. I wanted to go for #1, but schoolwork was piling up and I was too hungover to ever win. Any suggestions would be great, and if I can get a cleaner version of the team then I may be inspired to get back on the ladder and try to make my parents love me again.

Malley out.

Last edited:
Well wouldn't lum ekiler solve your darkrai weakness, also i think u should ev it too 248 hp 16 speed 252 adamant. Also the lack of defog sucks vs HO teams with rocks/spikes, so it's really up to you if u want to drop psychic etc, also move 60 evs from speed into hp on xern as 120 speed is an outdated benchmark, You only need 44 to outspeed scarf gene.

Nice channel btw

Malley

Dominachu
Well wouldn't lum ekiler solve your darkrai weakness, also i think u should ev it too 248 hp 16 speed 252 adamant. Also the lack of defog sucks vs HO teams with rocks/spikes, so it's really up to you if u want to drop psychic etc, also move 60 evs from speed into hp on xern as 120 speed is an outdated benchmark, You only need 44 to outspeed scarf gene.
Oh hey man. I'll try Lum, see how it works - it looks good, but Scarf is so nice.
Don't think I've seen a single spike-stacking HO team so far, but yeah could be a problem. Ta for the EVs.

Also thanks about the channel. Means a lot.

Last edited:
Calm Mind instead of Psychic seem to be a better choice to pressure opponent (Latias often force PDon, PKyogre, +0 M-Mence, ... to switch out)

Malley

Dominachu
Calm Mind instead of Psychic seem to be a better choice to pressure opponent (Latias often force PDon, PKyogre, +0 M-Mence, ... to switch out)
That's an interesting thought. I'll think about it, but I'm loth to keep Latias in to take much damage - even in order to gain offensive pressure - because I need it at good health to neuter both primals.

Hey there!
There is not much to say about the team anymore but I would suggest Arceus Rock / Arceus Electric over Extremkiller, because you are rather Ho Oh weak like most teams are. Gengar+CM Arceus is always very cool so I would rate you to use it. Last but not least, you should use Reflect Type Latias if you are using Defog Latias, because Pursuittrappers are pretty common these days.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello Malley, I'm here to rate your team. It looks like a rather nice team, and it's nice to see that people still use Mega Gengar on offense in ORAS (lots of RMTs that are posted eschew it in favour of Mega Salamence). However, I do have some suggestions that might help you improve your team a little.

Firstly, I would run less Speed on Xerneas and invest more in bulk, something along the lines of 172 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe, which gives Genesect a Special Attack boost should it switch in, outspeeds base 100 Speed Scarf users, and has significant bulk which actually lets you 1v1 Arceus-Normal. I would use Focus Blast over Hidden Power Ground, the accuracy is a necessary evil as Focus Blast OHKOes Ferrothorn while doing exactly the same amount of damage to Primal Groudon and Klefki (120 base vs 60 x 2 base). More bulk also gives Xerneas a better chance of living a +1 Return from Mega Salamence after Stealth Rock.

Next, Arceus-Normal should almost always run 252 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature, this lets you outspeed unevolved Mega Gengar and at worst speed tie with Arceus-Ghost and Arceus-Rock. You should also use a Life Orb as the held item.

Lastly, I have a Latias set for you that I think will work better on this team:

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Roost / Defog

Healing Wish Latias lets you use Extremekiller Arceus and Xerneas much more recklessly, as you can now basically have two Extremekillers, meaning that it is much less of a problem if Arceus has to take a Will-O-Wisp or a huge hit to kill something. Xerneas can also be used as a switchin to Darkrai's Dark Void (bluffing a Choice Scarf) and to scare away Yveltal. Draco Meteor will deal significant damage to Primal Groudon, and Psyshock will do the same to Primal Kyogre. I would personally use Roost so that Latias can keep switching into Kyogre, especially defensive Resttalk variants, and heal off any damage taken, although Defog can work too to give you a slightly better matchup against opposing teams that have Spikes. This variant of Latias also gives you a better matchup against Darkrai, which you mentioned was a significant threat to your team.

Regarding Darkrai, some things you could try are Protect over Taunt on Mega Gengar to safely Mega Evolve on it (also helps against Extremekiller), or Lum Berry Extremekiller (I intensely dislike this though as it means it is very weak even at +2). You can also think carefully about your switching, for example you can lure a Sludge Bomb with Xerneas and switch in Gengar which x4 resists it, trap Darkrai and dispose of it with Focus Blast (or Sludge Wave if it's weakened). Sludge Bomb over Sludge Wave is as always an option thanks to the 30% poison chance which can really help you out sometimes.

I hope this rate helps you, and good luck! Also, it's nice to see that others upload Ubers content too, nice channel man

Malley

Dominachu
Hey there!
There is not much to say about the team anymore but I would suggest Arceus Rock / Arceus Electric over Extremkiller, because you are rather Ho Oh weak like most teams are. Gengar+CM Arceus is always very cool so I would rate you to use it. Last but not least, you should use Reflect Type Latias if you are using Defog Latias, because Pursuittrappers are pretty common these days.
Hey, thanks for the rate.

Definitely considering a CM Arceus - probably Rock, because it smacks so many of the top threats. What set/spread would you suggest? At the moment I'm thinking CM, Judgement, Recover, Refresh/Will-o/T-Wave/Defog/maybe even E-Speed (depending on the spread). And this does still leave me weak to Darkrai, which I've been tackling recently with Lum E-Killer.

Curious about your statement that Pursuit trappers are pretty common. All I've seen is a few Aegislashes, and none of them with Pursuit.

Firstly, I would run less Speed on Xerneas and invest more in bulk, something along the lines of 172 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe, which gives Genesect a Special Attack boost should it switch in, outspeeds base 100 Speed Scarf users, and has significant bulk which actually lets you 1v1 Arceus-Normal. I would use Focus Blast over Hidden Power Ground, the accuracy is a necessary evil as Focus Blast OHKOes Ferrothorn while doing exactly the same amount of damage to Primal Groudon and Klefki (120 base vs 60 x 2 base). More bulk also gives Xerneas a better chance of living a +1 Return from Mega Salamence after Stealth Rock.

Next, Arceus-Normal should almost always run 252 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature, this lets you outspeed unevolved Mega Gengar and at worst speed tie with Arceus-Ghost and Arceus-Rock. You should also use a Life Orb as the held item.

Lastly, I have a Latias set for you that I think will work better on this team:

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Roost / Defog

Healing Wish Latias lets you use Extremekiller Arceus and Xerneas much more recklessly, as you can now basically have two Extremekillers, meaning that it is much less of a problem if Arceus has to take a Will-O-Wisp or a huge hit to kill something. Xerneas can also be used as a switchin to Darkrai's Dark Void (bluffing a Choice Scarf) and to scare away Yveltal. Draco Meteor will deal significant damage to Primal Groudon, and Psyshock will do the same to Primal Kyogre. I would personally use Roost so that Latias can keep switching into Kyogre, especially defensive Resttalk variants, and heal off any damage taken, although Defog can work too to give you a slightly better matchup against opposing teams that have Spikes. This variant of Latias also gives you a better matchup against Darkrai, which you mentioned was a significant threat to your team.

Regarding Darkrai, some things you could try are Protect over Taunt on Mega Gengar to safely Mega Evolve on it (also helps against Extremekiller), or Lum Berry Extremekiller (I intensely dislike this though as it means it is very weak even at +2). You can also think carefully about your switching, for example you can lure a Sludge Bomb with Xerneas and switch in Gengar which x4 resists it, trap Darkrai and dispose of it with Focus Blast (or Sludge Wave if it's weakened). Sludge Bomb over Sludge Wave is as always an option thanks to the 30% poison chance which can really help you out sometimes.

I hope this rate helps you, and good luck! Also, it's nice to see that others upload Ubers content too, nice channel man
Hey, thanks for helping out.

You're right about the Xern EVs. I bulked up a bit based on a previous comment, but the defence adjustment to get Genesect is a good thought. I'll probably go for Focus Blast as well, although it hurts.

I've really been liking bulky Adamant E-Killer recently. Being able to take +2 Foul Plays and +2 Moonblasts (before rocks) has helped so often. Might try it though; it would make the team better fit the original dual-sweeper idea, rather than keeping Arceus as a revenge killer/pivot/late-game cleaner like it is now. It would make me weak to Darkrai again though, just like CM Arceus would, even though I'm not mad about Lum E-Killer either.

Re Latias - Draco does do a nice chunk, but it's not a 2HKO; I lose so much momentum by going for it, even if they don't make the easy switch into something that can take it (Ho-oh, Lugia, bulky Arceuses, Xern, etc.). That's why I went with Psychic in the first place. I would love Healing Wish, and I'll probably play around with it, but I feel the team would need to shift in to a far more offensive build (Ditto for M-Gengar, M-Mence for Yveltal? Seriously considering this.) to accommodate it.

As I said in the original post, I've considered Protect on M-Gengar, but without Taunt it fails to trap almost everything I need it for.

I'll fiddle with these and the suggestions above, and probably come out with two or three variations on the team.

Really appreciate the help, and thanks about the channel. You got one too?

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Malley,

This is a pretty nice team. However, I feel like the nature of the build is a bit difficult to categorize- having two offensive sweepers in Xerneas and Extreme Killer Arceus paired with Pokemon that destroy your momentum such as Defensive Yveltal can make things difficult for a team such as this, because you end up with not enough momentum to limit your opponent's space, and not enough bulk to survive the consequential onslaught of giving too many free turns against offense. Steve Angello gave you a pretty solid suggestion in Rockceus; however, this build still suffers from a weakness to Latis after that change, as well as being prone to being overwhelmed from the physical side, breaking through Yveltal (e.g. Ekiller+EQ Mega Salamence). I will suggest some alternate changes which will make the team more offensive in nature (as I find a pretty solid offensive core in this team), so as such it should be played with momentum more in mind than before, as you really don't want to give free turns.

My first suggestion would running a more offensively inclined Groudon. The offensive SR setter will allow you to pressure opposing teams a lot more, while getting rocks up reliably. Secondly, a more offensive Yveltal seems like it would be cool on this team. While you lose a check to quite a few physical Pokemon, you trade the ability to be much more offensively threatening, and gain the ability to prevent setup / free turns from Pokemon such as Xerneas. If you play the team such that momentum is kept (and it is reasonable to do so), you should manage against physical threats simply by giving them no space to setup and sweep the team. That said, Ho-Oh is still quite threatening, so I would perhaps even venture to try a Knock Off variant of Yveltal, possibly even with U-turn to form a nice stag-turn core with Gengar.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 224 HP / 240 Atk / 32 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge / Fire Punch

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpA / 184 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Knock Off
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn / Taunt

Regarding some smaller changes, because Latias after a drop can often be setup fodder, running a move such as Healing Wish or Thunder Wave in the place of Psychic will be infinitely more useful, or possibly even using both over Psychic and Roost if you wish. A faster spread would fit the more offensive theme better as well, maybe like 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spe. Ekiller should also run a Jolly LO set, or the Lum set someone else suggested for Darkrai. Outspeeding Gengar is very useful for Ekiller.

Good luck!

Malley

Dominachu
Hey Malley,

This is a pretty nice team. However, I feel like the nature of the build is a bit difficult to categorize- having two offensive sweepers in Xerneas and Extreme Killer Arceus paired with Pokemon that destroy your momentum such as Defensive Yveltal can make things difficult for a team such as this, because you end up with not enough momentum to limit your opponent's space, and not enough bulk to survive the consequential onslaught of giving too many free turns against offense. Steve Angello gave you a pretty solid suggestion in Rockceus; however, this build still suffers from a weakness to Latis after that change, as well as being prone to being overwhelmed from the physical side, breaking through Yveltal (e.g. Ekiller+EQ Mega Salamence). I will suggest some alternate changes which will make the team more offensive in nature (as I find a pretty solid offensive core in this team), so as such it should be played with momentum more in mind than before, as you really don't want to give free turns.

My first suggestion would running a more offensively inclined Groudon. The offensive SR setter will allow you to pressure opposing teams a lot more, while getting rocks up reliably. Secondly, a more offensive Yveltal seems like it would be cool on this team. While you lose a check to quite a few physical Pokemon, you trade the ability to be much more offensively threatening, and gain the ability to prevent setup / free turns from Pokemon such as Xerneas. If you play the team such that momentum is kept (and it is reasonable to do so), you should manage against physical threats simply by giving them no space to setup and sweep the team. That said, Ho-Oh is still quite threatening, so I would perhaps even venture to try a Knock Off variant of Yveltal, possibly even with U-turn to form a nice stag-turn core with Gengar.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 224 HP / 240 Atk / 32 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge / Fire Punch

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpA / 184 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Knock Off
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn / Taunt

Regarding some smaller changes, because Latias after a drop can often be setup fodder, running a move such as Healing Wish or Thunder Wave in the place of Psychic will be infinitely more useful, or possibly even using both over Psychic and Roost if you wish. A faster spread would fit the more offensive theme better as well, maybe like 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spe. Ekiller should also run a Jolly LO set, or the Lum set someone else suggested for Darkrai. Outspeeding Gengar is very useful for Ekiller.

Good luck!
Hey, thanks for the help. I agree that the archetype is unclear - part of the roughness I spoke about in the OP. I'm currently working with a (painfully unrefined) HO team, and enjoying it, so turning this one into bulkyish offence sounds cool. Especially offensive Yveltal. With the offensive rocker Groudon though, I'm concerned that I would have no way to check GeoXern; do you have a solution to this?
I may take it for another team as well, though.

Healing Wish is something I really would like, and Pistolero suggested it as well. T-Wave is really intriguing; I'm a sucker for anything Brazilian, and it sounds like a good way to avoid giving a free turn to Xern after a kill.

I'll give standard LO Jolly E-Killer a go - I can't resist this much peer pressure. On the current more balanced team, though, Lum has been doing some fair work.

Really appreciate all the help. You guys are fucking awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)