Gen 6 Ubers Gengarite Suspect Alt Confirmation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirming nice and early as tilt all day
I'm positive this ladder has Serene Grace built into all mons.

upload_2014-8-21_16-44-22.png

I dont think that neither M-Gengar nor Shadow tag should be banned, those 2 are not that Overpowered, in order to make M-Gengar go well, you need to make a switch-in against a Staller, but M-Gengar may have problems enduring hits including defensive Pokemon, M-Gengar is very fragil to take more than 3 or 4 hits of a defensive Pokemon. Other way to make M-Gengar´s appeareance is by sacrificing Pokemon of your team or making very good predictions sometimes, but if it were not for M-Gengar, GeoXern´s only counter may be Aegislash, and it is only a check, not a counter.
The Metagame is not overcentralizing all over M-Gengar, it is more centralized in Yveltal, Xerneas, Arceus, and one of the most: Ho-Oh... with the great buff of Defog, now Ho-Oh is almost in every game with almost all it´s variants, and M-Gengar have serious problems against this Pokemon, it has great Speed and Sp.Atk, but if that is the case, Deoxys-N and Deoxys-A are very much better than M-Gengar.
One thing is true, M-Gengar provokes fear, but the way to get rid of it, is to take it down even if your best non Scarfed Pokemon sharer it´s destiny with M-Gengar´s Destiny Bond.
M-Gengar is extremelly weak against Sticky Web, without Speed, M-Gengar is nothing but an amorphous purple shadow, it is the same if it faces a Scarfed Pokemon, M-Gengar have no opportunities against them because of its fragility.
It is like Deoxys-N but you cannot escape, that it all.
I vote NOT BAN M-GENGAR NOR SHADOW TAG.

Hey guys. It was nice to partake in such an interesting suspect test. I truly enjoyed myself playing in this.

Made it with hyper offense all the way through! Met some tough opponents (M@gik, shaquillinite, theburgerking99 come to mind off the top of my head from the leaderboards)

Here's my proof!

This was fairly easy, tilted around 2300. And don't mind my other records I test teams on my main user :)

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I used various balance / stall teams this round, and I just have to say that trying to check ho-oh, kyogre, and xerneas on one team is really difficult O_O

Finally met requirements! I am completely against the gengarite ban. Shadow Tag isn't too broken or overcentralizing in the meta-game. In fact, it often creates a false sense of security for its users, especially against my style of hyper offensive. In addition, Gengar isn't exactly the most capable pokemon of building up and sweeping. Obviously, if you are running something like chansey, you are going to have to watch out for Gengar, but you should be aware of the threat. Gengarite isn't broken and should remain in the meta.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)