Ubers Hyper Offense Team

I know I post RMTs quite often, and once again I need some advice (I'm just that sort of a guy who is always looking to improve :p). Though this time, I frankly don't feel like posting an RMT, so I'll make this one quick and short.
As an introduction, all I can say is that after PS got back out from the recent DDoS, and the ladder seemed to be reset, I decided to start afresh. I went back to my favourite playstyle - Hyper Offense.

Team Building Process
I had thought of making this team in the dual screener+5 attackers format. So, for the dual screener job, ..

.. Deo-S is the go-to Poke.
Another thing I had decided was that, as opposed to "special attacks are more common in Ubers" shit, I wanted a more physically-oriented team. That being said, choosing the first couple of Pokes was a no-brainer, ..

.. This duo was also mentioned in the Smog #21, so I decided to give it a go.
Ok, I admit I deviated from my original idea, but in that very article of Smog #21 I found two more Pokes ..

Lastly, I needed a revenge killer, so..

.. Mewtwo was picked.
After some play tests, I noticed my team was, like HORRIBLY weak to entry hazards, so I switched up some Pokes. I realized that, but still I just couldn't find any good physical Pokes that don't hate hazards, so I replaced the two white Dragons with..
--------->

--------->

.. Two more physical attackers. My team became a bit better, as once my opponent's physical wall was down, practically any of my team member could sweep. But the problem of hazards was still there. After some further thinking, I further changed them..
---------->

I feel I have been underestimating this guy, so I decided to give it a shot. Also, ..
---------->

.. I'm not sure how I forgot a Poke with 150 Attk, but now he's there.

.. I also changed my Scarfer to Mence, because it isn't necessary I will always find the time to set up, and while Mence initially seems weak, Moxie makes up for it, making it a good late game cleaner.

Deoxys-S @Light Clay
EVs : 252 HP/252 Spe/4 SpDef
Ability : Pressure
Nature : Timid (+Spe, -Attk)
Light Screen
Reflect
Stealth Rock
Taunt
I have already mentioned above that this thing is my dual screener, or my lead in most cases. So, the moves should be self-explanatory. The only problem with this guy is the lack of attacking moves, which hurts if it manages to survive till late-game (though it usually doesn't ). Also, no Sash means I have to be careful about when to set up which screen, or Taunt.

Arceus @Silk Scarf
EVs : 252 Attk/252 Spe/4 SpDef
Ability : Multitype
Nature : Adamant (+Attk,- SpAttk)
Swords Dance
ExtremeSpeed
Brick Break
Shadow Claw
This thing needs no explanation, so all I can say is that I usually try to bring him in when screens are up, because the only *easy* way to take out a Poke with 120/120/120 defenses behind screens is by landing SE hits, which is quite unlikely considering Arceus' only one weakness. Then, I try to get him to +4, which sends that Attack stat into the 1000+ range. Silk Scarf boosted STAB ESpeed, i.e. a 144 BP move, will just OHKO anything that isn't a physically defensive Poke or a Rock/Steel/Ghost type.

Groudon @Lum Berry
EVs : 252 Attk/252 Spe/4 Def
Ability : Drought
Nature : Adamant (+Attk, -SpAttk)
Swords Dance
Rock Polish
Earthquake
Stone Edge
How easily and flexibly it can set up is the thing I like the most about Groudon. Rock Polish against offensive teams, SD against defensive teams, and if I get both, then a sweep is almost certain. EdgeQuake has excellent coverage, so I don't feel the need for other attacking moves either. As I usually use RP early game, the extra power from Adamant is really helpful.

Blaziken @Wide Lens
Ability : Speed Boost
Nature : Jolly (+Spe,-SpAttk)
Swords Dance
Protect
Flare Blitz
High-jump Kick
Just like Infernape in OU, I feel I have been underestimating another similar Poke all along. Though this isn't a sun team, but with the possible sun support Groudon can provide makes Blaziken an absolute monster. I usually try to bring him in on Ferros and Forrys, SD on the switch, Protect, then start smacking things with +2/+2. Flare Blitz recoil is already there to make Ken's life short, and Life Orb will only increase that problem. Wide Lens also raises the accuracy of HJK to 99%, leaving almost no chance of hax.

Zekrom @Leftovers
EVs : 252 Spe/252 Attk/4 HP
Ability : Teravolt
Substitute
Hone Claws
Bolt Strike
Outrage
This set in particular was chosen so that I have some sort of a reliable Poke to battle the stall teams that I absolutely hate. Sometimes, I feel I should use 252 HP to beat Seismic Toss Blissey, but that makes Zekrom almost dead weight against opposing offensive teams, considering Zekrom's weaknesses to the common Dragon, Ice and Ground moves.
Sometimes I think of replacing this with Darkrai, as it is also a brilliant Sub n' set up sweeper, while also helping me against random physical walls. However, it's frailty doesn't help, Zekrom at least has 120 Defense.

Salamence @Choice Scarf
Ability : Moxie
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Stone Edge
The reason I chose Mence over Palkia, Garchomp, or anything like that is Moxie, which turns it into quite a dependable late game cleaner. I use an all physical set, as EdgeQuake alone has good coverage, and I can run a non-defense-lowering nature, which allows me to switch into resisted attacks a bit more easily. Though occasionally the lack of Fire Blast hurts, but until now, this set has been working well.
I've been thinking about Scarf Palkia/Garchomp for the higher power/speed respectively, so tell me if those would be a good idea.​

The sets I've used in the past are LO Kyurem-W, Tailwind Reshiram, DD Rayquaza, Flame Charge Ho-oh and Scarf Mewtwo. I even used a Trick Room Dialga set. It is amazingly effective against stuff like Sand Rush Excadrill, Chlorophyll Venusaur (I occasionally run into those) or even Swift Swim Kingdra/Kabutops. So tell me if any of these would be worth re-consideration.
Thanks
-Salamence97

I'm actually working on an Ubers team VERY similar to what you're doing. I think it looks great. I know you said it's 'not a sun team', but it sort-of is: just without the usual drawbacks. The only thing I would change (and depending on how it's working out for you, you might not want to change), is Zekrom's EVs. Zekrom really isnt fast enough to be outspeeding many things, so I think that 252hp/252atk might end up being better for him, and give him some more longevity. And, your substitutes would be thicker when setting up Hone Claws. Cool team though, hope it goes well.

Edit: I also like the Wide Lens on Blaziken. I need to try that....nothing makes me rage more than a missed HJK. Total game-ruiner...

If you hate hazards then you can try exca. Its a physical offensive rapid spinner. It can also use sandstorm to an advantage which can be pretty awesome to do against ss teams. All that AND the ability to rapid spin in one!!! But to be honest i dont know were to fit it... But maybe you can that.

Cool team tough

In case you didn’t know, I use > to mean over, and -> to mean to.

The first thing I’ve noticed when looking at your team is that it is partially a sun team, considering the existence of Blaziken and Groudon. Like many sun teams, you have to be able to deal with Kyogre. Unfortunately, your only method of dealing with it is Deoxys-S Light Screen followed by Zekrom. Kyogre can just switch out and Deoxys-S gets OHKOed by ScarfOgre even behind Light Screen, then Kyogre can come in later and destroy your team when Light Screen dies. For this reason, I suggest you use Latias over Arceus (Groudon sets up better behind screens) to take care of Kyogre. When equipped with Soul Dew, Latias reaches 444 SpD without investment (equivalent of 204 base SpD uninvested lol). This allows it to take 2 hits from ScarfOgre, and 1 hit from SpecsOgre. Since it outspeeds Specs, and can take 2 hits from Scarf, it can switch into either, heal or set up a CM as they switch. The reason I’m not suggesting Palkia is because (a) vulnerability to all hazards, (b) inability to heal, and (c) Salamence is your revenge killer anyway.

The next thing I’ve noticed is that your only pokemon with any chance of getting past Physically Defensive Groudon is your Blaziken, and even then only a +2 Flare Blitz stands any chance of OHKO after Stealth Rock. Speaking of Blaziken, HJK misses much more often when the opponent uses Protect or switches to Giratina/Giratina-O/Arceus-Ghost than the 10% chance, so Wide Lens doesn’t actually help. Which is why, after considering both facts, I suggest using Life Orb on Blaziken. This allows you to guarantee the OHKO on Groudon and revenge kill Mewtwo (which you outspeed at +1 thanks to Jolly). However, if you dislike Blaziken dying too fast, you can use Leftovers, in which case you should run an Adamant nature to make up for the power loss, since you should normally set up on Ferrothorn or something and therefore get a SD and 2 Speed Boosts with SD on switch then Protect. Before the people who rated my sun team call me a hypocrite for suggesting LO without using it, I had no problems with Groudon whatsoever. And I’m not using sun anymore anyway.

I also suggest Fire Blast > Stone Edge on Salamence, as it hits nothing that Outrage / Earthquake doesn’t hit, despite not getting the Moxie boost. For example, you now OHKO Skarmory (except for stupid Sturdy, but then it has to switch). This means shifting the 4 SpD EVs to SpA, and changing its nature to Naïve.

If you really want to keep Arceus, use it over Zekrom. Then give it a Life Orb to OHKO Giratina at +6, if you set it up behind Dual Screens.
Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 204 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Roost / Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock / Thunder / Grass Knot / Refresh

The Spe EVs allow it to outspeed Garchomp, and the next fastest thing commonly seen in Ubers is 110 base, such as itself. The HP EVs allow it to survive whatever I mentioned earlier on (which is why you read rates fully, since I spent time on this, but I will include a tl;dr so no worries). The rest is put into SpA.

Arceus -> Latias
Wide Lens on Blaziken -> Life Orb
Fire Blast -> Stone Edge
Silk Scarf on Arceus -> Life Orb

Not sure what I missed, but yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)