1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ubers Power Gap

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Mdevil, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mdevil

Mdevil

This "problem" has come to my attention recently, due to garchomps recent unbannig. In the ubers tier there is a massive gap in power with pokemon. Think of things this way, can you honestly say that manaphy, or thunderus, or (to a lesser extent) blaziken, or (to a much lesser extent) deoxys (normal form) are viable in users? This idea is what led to garchomp's unbanning. Chomp with sand veil was to strong for ou but to weak for ubers, correct? I believe a tier should exist between ou and ubers, a sort of unbalanced ou. In it the pokemon and abilitys that are to unbalanced for ou but not good enough for ubers could be used, like sand veil garchomp, thunderus, etc. Possibly deoxys though that would be stretching it quite a bit. You get the point. It would be a fun tier to play in, I believe. Thanks for reading.
  2. Oglemi

Oglemi <&Oglemi> i am gay jesus
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Ubers isn't meant to be balanced Pokemon-wise, it's a banlist first and foremost. We don't care if what we kick out of OU ends up not being viable there.

That said, if you want to set up a metagame dealing with an essentially "UU of Ubers" kind of thing, look into the Other Metagames forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)