Ubers Power Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
This "problem" has come to my attention recently, due to garchomps recent unbannig. In the ubers tier there is a massive gap in power with pokemon. Think of things this way, can you honestly say that manaphy, or thunderus, or (to a lesser extent) blaziken, or (to a much lesser extent) deoxys (normal form) are viable in users? This idea is what led to garchomp's unbanning. Chomp with sand veil was to strong for ou but to weak for ubers, correct? I believe a tier should exist between ou and ubers, a sort of unbalanced ou. In it the pokemon and abilitys that are to unbalanced for ou but not good enough for ubers could be used, like sand veil garchomp, thunderus, etc. Possibly deoxys though that would be stretching it quite a bit. You get the point. It would be a fun tier to play in, I believe. Thanks for reading.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ubers isn't meant to be balanced Pokemon-wise, it's a banlist first and foremost. We don't care if what we kick out of OU ends up not being viable there.

That said, if you want to set up a metagame dealing with an essentially "UU of Ubers" kind of thing, look into the Other Metagames forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)