1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ubers Premier League I [Manager Sign-ups]

Discussion in 'BW Ubers' started by Furai, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furai

Furai a Ωdefender // a αguardian
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

[​IMG]

Hey everybody! I'm gonna keep this really short. With Smogon's Premier League over, and other tiers pulling their own Premier League off, it's time it will come to the best tier of all. Much like the SPL we all know, this will be a team tournament. There will be 8 teams, consisting 7 players and 2 substitutes, whereas each player will play in a different phase of the Ubers metagame. The metagames will be BW2 Standard, DPP Pre-Arceus, and ADV, and still undecided on, BW1 Standard.

However, to start a team tournament, you must have teams. And to have teams, you must have managers. So, this thread is just for those wanting to get the chance to manage a team. Please post here that (1) you're interested in managing a team. Note that there's a possibility you will not be able to play, and there's a possibility that you will be able to play, so (2) please include your desire to play or not. Doing so will help me decide the line-up for the greater good. If you (3) feel like you require an assistant manager, feel free to post one person you wish to make your assistant manager.

Start thinking on your team's name as well. Have at it, boys!
  2. Go10

Go10 Storm Vanguard !

I'm interested in managing a team, and i'm also going to play [​IMG]
  3. Faint

Faint Valar morghulis
    is a Tiering Contributor

I'm interested in managing a team. I'll play if necessary, but I'd prefer not too. If anyone reading this would be interested in being my assistant manager, PM me on IRC and i'll edit your username in this post. :)
  4. lousy918

lousy918

this
  5. Hack

Hack I BELIEVE IN TRANSPARENCY IN DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTIONS
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I am interested in managing a team. I will also play preferably.
  6. Haruno

Haruno I choose you!
    is a Tiering Contributor

I'm interested in managing a team, but my knowledge of uber battling pre arceus is non existent so I won't participate unless absolutely necessary.
  7. jrp

jrp Drama born from light as the four elements converge
    is a Tiering Contributor

I'm interested. Talked to you via pm already :>

I don't mind playing if I need to. I'm not going to let that affect my availability though!

Also I'd still use Novaray as my assistant manager, if I need one.

And I'd keep that name we came up with on irc because pro name
  8. syrim

syrim 1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1

You should really only be signing up if you plan to try and manage a team to a championship. It's not very fair to the roster you will put together, or even your opposition who expect good matches.

If you don't feel confident in your knowledge of Ubers players, or even the metagame, I'd advise not signing up for a managing position.
  9. bobbyvaporeon

bobbyvaporeon

I take it i missed sign ups.
    I'd love to manage. I have never managed a PL team before, so if I do make it, I could just use some pointers.
    Would love to, love the Ubers Meta
  10. jrp

is a Tiering Contributor

So basically you're saying "Hack he must must get all good players on his team"

what a great winning strategy
  11. Furai

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

PTR, if you plan on trolling this project as well, despair right away as I will be watching every single move of your followers with seven eyes.
  12. Lord Moet II

Lord Moet II
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I want to be a manager. Would like to play but nbd, and I would like an assman but idk who yet

Edit: I'd like TGMD to be my assman c:
  13. dice

dice practitioner of the city
    is a Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Arcade Star

Why would you care about anyone else's teams'? If anything, you want to try to make their team worse, and take players they were eyeing.

Anyways, I would manage if need be. If Furai is managing, I just want to donk him!

oh yah hsa too..
  14. HSA ♥

HSA ♥ I am the God of the new world.

I wanna manage etc. - idc if I play

also snypers agreed to assman oo
  15. jrp

is a Tiering Contributor

that is not how the system works
  16. puregenius

puregenius

I'd like to manage a team
    This probably suits me better than playing anyway
    I can play if necessary
  17. Butterfly Aizen

Butterfly Aizen

A question: Of the 7 players and 2 substitutes, many will be playing each of the three metagames specified?
  18. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

confirm assman w/hsa
  19. soviet

soviet nothin personnel kid

i can manage if u need me, i wont take any good players from hsa tho cuz hes my friend. dont care if i play or not
  20. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

i will be soviet's assman

hsa,,,
  21. Santuga

Santuga

I just want to make a quick question: were the signups already decided for the remaining team members? (a bit out of context, sorry)
  22. Furai

Alright, we have the 8 teams I wanted! :)

The following users are the first UPL's managers:
    1. Go10
    2. Faint
    3. jonathanrp / Novaray
    4. Hack He Must
    5. MOET / The Great Mighty Doom
    6. Princess Bri
    7. HSA / Steven Snype
    8. soviet / Lavos Spawn

@Princess Bri: As much as I wanted to, I will not manage a team. Rather, I will manage you all :)

@Butterfly Aizen: Complete line-up will be up in the Players Sign-ups which will go up later today, as soon as I can.

@Santuga: Players Sign-ups will be up as soon as I can today.

MANAGERS, think of your team name and PM me it once you come up with one. If you still didn't pick an assman and you want to, do that and let me know who the lucky guy is.

I've got nothing else to add. Good luck to your teams! I'm sure it will be a nice kick-off season. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)