1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ubers Premier League I [Week 4]

Discussion in 'BW Ubers' started by Furai, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROBLEMS

PROBLEMS

Are you stupid, Marths on PO all the time.. Just join the #IDM channel, you've obviously made no real effort in contacting him.
  2. puregenius

puregenius

I apologise for my player, he should have known which channels Marth is frequently on. I mean seriously Sasha's wall is pretty much filled with VMs from Marth and Sasha clearly made no effort to reply back
  3. Bossness

Bossness

Confirming that Sasha was online all day for the past three days, and I didn't see AkhiMarth anywhere... Help! Sasha's opponent is a John.
  4. PROBLEMS

PROBLEMS

The post was a general specific channel hes always in, any other channel like #TOHJO FALLS, #IMP and even #TOURNAMENTS he autojoins anyway. Considering Sasha knows how the PO community works he should know this.

Or even the popular IRC channels #wcop and his own team #asia
  5. puregenius

puregenius

now now children, let's not start a shitstorm and just finish this week nicely
    since sasha cant play for the next few days (even though he has been active this entire week) im gonna sub moet in over sasha
  6. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I beat Soulwind in a gg
  7. Psychotic

Psychotic There's one life, one love so there can only be one King
    is a Tiering Contributor

activity, my opp hasn't been on in 5 days.
  8. Sweep

Sweep
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

It takes 10 to 15 minutes to play a match and some of you cannot get it done with over a week's notice? Are you kidding me??!? This isn't a little league softball scrimmage, this is Ubers Premier League. Play your games and do everything you possibly can to achieve victory.

You can take a quarter of an hour out of your busy, enriching, and I'm sure sex-heavy lives to play a competitive pokemon match once a week. You made a commitment to Smogon and Furai to do so when you signed up for UPL in the first place. This isn't that hard.

Sincerely yours;

-Sweep
  9. Sweep

Sweep
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Not true, we were not punished for inactivity in rounds 2 or 3 and in round 1 we did legitimately have a couple inactive players. I am not singling anyone out; I'm just floored that Furai has to do so many coinflips week after week because people cannot find 10 minutes to spare on a pokemon website.

Problems said that Akrimarth can be found on PO channels. It was your opponent's responsibility to respond to your VM, but please go the extra mile and look for him on PO either today or tomorrow. Good luck :).
  10. Gabranth

Gabranth

^this

How hard is it to take 10 minutes from a week to play a game ? Especially when other players depend on your activity.. And I'm not speaking about specifically anyone, but it definitely feels like this tournament has encountered waaaaaaaay too much johning
  11. Dice

Dice what's a god to a nonbeliever
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

i think people started to care less; i know i did after one of my players randomly quit and i wasn't rewarded a replacement + my player used a roserade!
  12. Gabranth

Gabranth

Well, that's the other thing I was saying, I mean about random quits and other bs, people fuck around while forgetting it is a team tournament and others depend on what you do.. I get that you can lose interest in a tournament after you realize it does not fulfill your expectations, but when you join a team tournament you can't just randomly let everyone else down.

Oh well, at this point I don't really care neither I guess, I was just stating my disappointment with some people's attitude
  13. Iris

Iris

we shall fite whenever
  14. Ojama

Ojama Let's trizzle the shizzle all over the hizzle
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 15 Champion
    Battling 101 Staff

defeated Pedrock in a gg
  15. Iris

Iris

loaded the wrong team so i choked a 100% won game.
  16. ModestGarchomp

ModestGarchomp

yeah that sucked, gg though.

On a side note Po needs to fix the giratina-o glitch.
  17. Private

Private

18. Conflict

Conflict And who are you, the proud lord said That I must bow so low?
    is a Pre-Contributoris a SPL Winner

19. LuckOverSkill

LuckOverSkill

Subbing in Bryce for AkhiMarth
  20. Bryce

Bryce Lun

Won vs sasha gg
  21. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

pmed dubby 3 days ago and he hasnt replied
  22. Colchonero

Colchonero

Vmed Sir, but he hasn't replied, maybe he didn't see it or idk...

EDIT: Still nothing...
  23. Bryce

Bryce Lun

That reminds me,he hasn't replied to my pm either for Week 3 match.
  24. puregenius

puregenius

Not a single John this week!
    Gj guys!
  25. cbt

cbt voodoo mon amour
    is a Pokemon Researcher
    Mentor

activity
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)