1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ubers Rain Stall Team- Raindom Team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by MutantDogPoo, Jul 15, 2013.

1. MutantDogPoo

MutantDogPoo

And this is my first RMT. Extremely imaginative name, don't you think?

The team:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Teambuilding Process:
    Every rain team needs a rain inducer, so of course, I chose Politoed Kyogre.
    [​IMG]

Since this is a rain stall team, Ferrothorn came naturally, having good synergy, providing hazards and walling a lot of threats.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Tentacruel was also a must, with nice special bulk, Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I now needed a reliable Spout absorber, so I chose Palkia, as it benefited from rain, and could also revenge kill.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I needed a ground type to take Thunders, and my team was looking weak to ground, so I chose Gliscor.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And finally I chose Arceus-Steel as a secondary dragon resist, and sweeper, that could still support the team.

I realised I needed a Spinblocker, so I removed Palkia for Giratina as it could take Spouts as well as spinblock.

I attempted to make a few changes to this team- Skarmory over Ferrothorn, Arceus Ground over Gliscor and Jirachi over Arceus-Steel.

I didn't really like the new team, as I liked Ferrothorn and Gliscor's security against non-choice Thunder users, so I made some more changes:

Ferrothorn was back, and so was Gliscor. Arceus-Ghost was now my Spinblocker over Giratina.

In depth:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 248 HP 252 SDef 8 Def
    Sassy Nature
    0 Spd IVs
    -Scald
    -Roar
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

Specially defensive Kyogre is my weather inducer of choice. Scald gives me a nice attack boosted by STAB and rain, and has a nice 30% burn chance. Roar phazes out Set-up sweepers and racks up hazard damage. Rest keeps it healthy and Sleep Talk lets it attack while sleeping. Sleep Talk can also sometimes let me phaze out slower foes before they get a chance to attack.

248 HP instead of 252 so that it takes less residual damage. Max special defence, and the rest in defence. Minimum speed to get weather up against most Groudon. If I see an opposing Kyogre in the opponents' team, this is normally my lead as they will lead with their Kyogre, and this Kyogre will bait a Thunder for Gliscor to switch into.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    0 Spd IVs
    -Spikes
    -Gyro Ball
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect

Ferrothorn is here to provide Spikes. I use Rocky Helmet over leftovers because there's nothing more satisfying than switching into an outrage with this.... Because I don't have leftovers, Leech seed and Protect are for recovery and stalling. Gyro ball is for damage.

The EVs, IVs and nature are to maximise Special bulk and minimise speed while still retaining physical bulk.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Ability: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP 32 Def 224 SpD
    Calm Nature
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Rapid Spin
    -Scald
    -Protect

Tentacruel is here for Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin, 2 essential things in a stall team. It can heal 12.5% per turn with a combination go Black Sludge and Rain Dish, which is further boosted by Protect. Scald is to deal damage, and possibly burn.

The EVs and nature let Tentacruel survive 2 unboosted Thunders off 150 base SAtk with Protect, while also giving it a bit of physical bulk.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP 40 Def 216 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -Toxic
    -Earthquake

Gliscor is in this team for it's immunities to electric and ground. I suppose I could put in Landorus-T as a bulky pivot instead, but I like Gliscor's 12.5% healing every turn, allowing it to spam Substitute and Protect with no HP lost. Toxic is for those Pokémon that refuse to be poisoned by Toxic Spikes, and Earthquake gives Gliscor an attacking option that helps wear down foes faster and hit steel types Super-effectively.

216 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature let Gliscor outspend max speed base 90s, which is handy when facing Kyogre and you're not sure if it's a Specs variant. Max HP for bulk, and the rest is dumped inot Defense.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP 252 SDef 4 Spd
    Careful Nature
    -Wish
    -Iron Head
    -Stealth Rock
    -Thunder

Jirachi is in this team to pass Wishes to heal teammates that have no instant reliable recovery. Jirachi walls Mewtwo under rain, allowing it set up Rocks, use Wish and attack without taking too much damage. Stealth Rock is here as Ferrothorn really needs at least 1 attack, and Thunder is 100% accurate in rain, does damage and has a 60% chance to paralyse, creating the annoying perfusion strategy.

EVs and nature are simple, maxing out HP and Special Defense, with a bit of Speed Creep.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 136 HP 248 Def 124 Spd
    Bold Nature
    -Calm Mind
    -Recover
    -Judgement
    -Focus Blast

Ghost Arceus is my Spinblocker of choice, as well as a sweeper. Calm Mind is to set up for a sweep, Recover increases longevity by healing itself, Judgement is for STAB and Focus Blast is for coverage.

The EVs look complicated and are probably really bad, but anyway, I'll explain them. 124 Speed lets it outspeed Max speed Base 90s. 136 HP gives a remainder of 15 when divided by 16, allowing it to take minimum residual damage. 248 Defense with a Bold nature increases it's physical bulk, seeing as it has Calm Mind to boost it's special bulk.

So yeah... this is my team. I'm open to suggestions and changes...yeah. :) :P
  2. MasterTotoro

MasterTotoro

Ho-Oh can set up a sub on Ferro or Arceus and deal massive damage to your team. (One poke will always die) Palkia non-choiced can also do huge damage to your pokes and none of them OHKO it.
  3. Blue Jay

Blue Jay The notorious J Lube
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I suggest replacing Gliscor with either Giratina or Lugia. While the immunities it provides are nice, and it's an amazing annoyer, your team desperately needs more phazing, because between very little offensive presence and very little phazing your win condition is rather weak. Moreover, you need another really solid wall, because while Gliscor, Tentacruel and Ferrothorn can all be great in Ubers, between them none has reliable recovery, and Gliscor's and Tentacruel's defenses are nothing impressive by Uber standards, meaning that they are likely to be worn down and fall eventually, which is no good because stall teams tend to play very long games (and rely on the majority of the team surviving very long). Them carrying protect helps with this, but protect has its own host of problems. It gives the opponent too many opportunities to get in a substitute, switch for free, or set up, all of which is quite dangerous to your team. Moreover, the aforementioned lack of phazing means that your team really struggles to handle set up sweepers or powerful attackers behind a substitute. Throwing in Giratina gives you a very solid wall and much needed phazing.

I also recommend you find space for a revenge killer somewhere, as even with Giratina your team struggles with powerful sweepers that have the freedom to switch attacks, as any of them outrun 5/6 or all of your team and can hit them very hard, if not OHKO them, while your team struggles to do anything to them in return. Your win conditions are entry hazards and Ghostceus, and entry hazards are too slow to deal with hyper offensive teams (they usually need to finish the match quickly with raw power and speed, or they will lose), and while Ghostceus is an excellent bulky set up sweeper, it can't handle hyper offensive teams on its own. A revenge killer will give you another potential lategame sweeper to finish off a team weakened by entry hazards, and furthermore a way to actually threaten wallbreakers and powerful sweepers that would otherwise be an immense threat.
  4. cfdu1202

cfdu1202

Non choiced Palkia can deal heavy damage to your 6 pokemons thanks to its coverage. Kabutops outspeed the whole team and OHKO/2HKO everything. You lose 100% against last pokemon Manaphy. Also, if Rayquaza manages to DD, you will be hard pressed to KO/Phaze/wall it (you can't really wall it though).
    Arceus-Grass would have been a great choice, but,
    Like MasterTotoro said, Ho-Oh is already a huge problem for the team.

You can try to fit a revenge killer in the team, something that can outspeed +1 Ray, while being a threat to Ho-oh (ScarfTerrakion?)
  5. Tepig

Tepig

You get owned by palkia.
  6. Donkey

Donkey

ur smogon account name is better than your rmt

unfortunately this team is incredibly palkia weak, like all stall teams without an arceus-grass or chansey. good luck.

when will u ppl lern
  7. Haruno

Haruno

Ray weak. You're forced to sack something every time ray comes in and you have nothing to effectively kill it or wall it. Ray sets up on tenta/ferro without fear besides a potential scald burn (lol). V-create scares the hell out of rachi and rachi still takes a big chunk from a +1 252+ outrage. You really have nothing that can revenge it besides ghostceus which will still be severely weakened in its attempt to stop rayquazas rampage.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)