(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus

Skarmory

So, if there's no QC, how does this get approved O.o

[Overview]

<p>

- Still checks Physical Quaza, Groundon w/o Overheat
- Cool 4x Grass resistance is cool, as well as a Dragon-resist
- makes a decent lead, as it checks Groundon without a Fire-type attack, as well as Deo-S
- However, Forry is used more because of Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, and a cool pack of resistances including Dragon, Ghost, Dark, and Ice</p>

[SET]
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Roost
move 3: Whirlwind
move 4: Toxic / Taunt
item: Leftovers
ability: Keen Eye
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>

- Cool Defenses and typing makes it a cool special tank
- Spikes is cool, allowing Skarmory to do something while its on the field
- However, Stealth Rock can also work, as it wrecks Pokemon such as Ho-Oh and Lugia
- Roost is for recovery
- Whirlwind is to phzae the opponent, and it works wonders on switches or to just spread entry hazards
- Finally, Toxic is used as it gives it a way to break down walls such as Lugia and Blissey</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>

- Careful and max SpD is used to max out Special Defense, while HP is maxed out so it can tank attacks, such as Scarf Palkia's Spacial Rend and Dialga's Draco Meteor
- 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD with Imprish tanks 2 +1 Outrages from Rayquaza
- Speed EVs if using Taunt > Toxic
- Leftovers is used so it can gain HP every turn
</p>

[Other Options]

<p>

- Brave Bird like in OU, though this is Ubers
- Counter
- Tourment
- Stealth Rock </p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p></p>

- No EKiller to kill
??? There sure is, just with EV resistrictions (100 EVs max a stat).

Deslash Stealth Rock quite honestly, there are much better options to use Stealth Rock and Spikes are pretty much the main reason to use Skarmory.

- Sturdy sucks 4th Gen
I don't think you should mention generations that come after the current one. ADV fine I guess, but not BW.

- However, Forry is used more because of Custap + Explosion, making it a good suicide lead
That is not really the main reason to use Forretress, it's mostly Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, and a cool pack of resistances including Dragon, Ghost, Dark, and Ice.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
emphasize the specially defensive spread is necessary to take things like scarf'd palkia's spacial rend a lot better.

forry is a good lead actually, not necessarily with custap + explosion, that's just one of its options. it does especially well against groudon leads without a fire attack.

oh and it does well against deo-s

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While the set itself looks sound, there are so many things in your skeleton that are wrong. I know the others have touched upon this, but:

1) No reason to point out that Sturdy sucks in 4th gen. You ARE writing a 4th gen analysis, so please do not reference things in the 5th gen.
2) ExtremeKiller does exist with 100 EVs in every stat, and is still extremely threatening
3) Forretress being a suicide lead is probably the most metagame-ignorant line I have seen. If you've played gen 4 Ubers, you will know that Forretress was used as a Rapid Spinner first and foremost (hell, it was the only usable spinner outside of maybe Kabutops in the rain), the hazard layer. No-one went and sacked their Forretress as a suicide lead, especially when you yourself stated that Sturdy did not work like it does in 5th gen. Take that out IMMEDIATELY, and there shouldn't even be comparisons to Forretress in a Skarmory analysis anyway. They do completely different things.

Now that that's out of the way, the set itself looks reasonably sound. I'd suggest moving SR to AC, since using Stealth Rock on Skarmory seems kind of wasteful, and should only be used if nothing else on the team can use SR. Secondly, since you have no attacking moves, a Calm nature is better than a Careful one since you minimise confusion damage (not crucial, but good to have). Again, remove Keen Eye > Sturdy because since we're dealing with 4th gen, it is well accepted that Sturdy does jack shit.

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
Slash Taunt with Toxic, it let you wreck Wobbuffet, Lugia, Giratina and other stallish mons like them and can come in a handy vs Calm Mind user like Mewtwo or Lugia (again). Its useful enough to be slashed and removed from AC. You dont really need speed when using Taunt, 8 EVs is good to outrun other Skarmory, though.

- "Cool 4x Grass resistance is cool"

Dragon resist ? Mention it if you do it for the Grass type.

Mention Skarmory is the one of the best counter to most Swords Dance Arceus forms. Even with 100 EV restrictions, Swords Dance Ghost, Dragon, Normal and Ground Arceus still exists and Skarmory easily beat all of them with Toxic.

Giratina is a great partner to spin block and resists Fire- and Electric-type. Blissey is still an obvious teammate. Groudon can switch in on Thunders and set up Stealth Rock for Skarmory. Dialga can do the same but does not amplify Skamory's Fire-type weakness.

Checks and Counters: Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia, Latias, Latios and pretty much most Special Attackers. Mewtwo can sometimes lose to Skarmory if it lacks Fire-type attacks, Thunder or Taunt. Forretress screws you over with Rapid Spin while setting up its own Spikes.

Latias and Latios gets special mention for being immune to Spikes and OHKO you with Thunder. Ho-Oh smashes you with Sacred Fire which will be an OHKO guaranteed in the sun.

Not in the DPP Ubers QC team so no approval.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok a few things:

• Change the nature on the set to careful (you even say Careful in your comments?).
  • Move the Stealth Rock mention from set comments to AC because its not on the set ;o
  • Slash Brave Bird in on the last slot as the first option. Its a matter of preference to be honest, but its never good to suggest a moveset thats entirely shut down by Taunt. You may have Toxic Spikes or another mon to use Toxic, and Brave Bird can do some damage even in Ubers.
  • Mention a more physically defensive spread in AC (like 1-3 sentences). There are still physical threats in Ubers and Skarmory gives them a giant middle finger. I know you give Impish as an option but I'm talking like 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD Impish.
  • "However, Forry is used more because of Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, and a cool pack of resistances including Dragon, Ghost, Dark, and Ice." Its more of the moves it has because Skarmory basically shares its physical and special bulk while also having access to Roost...
  • One of Skarmory's main advantage over Forretress is Roost, no mention of this in overview ;_;

Why do you have no teammates or checks and counters? Add in Trickroom's stuff and ignore him saying he's not on gen4 qc team, his post counts as an approval.

Ugh I really don't remember gen4 that well but it's still kinda sort maybe not that much the same >_>

[qc]2/2[/qc]

Lets get this done!

edit: How are you beating Deo-S leads????

They Taunt and get their hazards and then get to switch to something against a Skarmory that can only use Brave Bird (remember Taunt mechanics are different in gen4).

edit@poppy: I forgot I could and made trickroom do it.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Time to use my badge powers to move and lock this (Yea, I can do that guys, dw I won't abuse it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)