Gen 6 Ubers SPL Replays Thread

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This is not a shit-talking thread; please post all memes, raps, trash-talking, limericks, put-downs, insults, NaCl, aspersions, slights, instances of rudeness, scorn, vilification, obloquy, and other various needlessly complicated ways to express distaste, displeasure, or disgust toward other users in this thread.

What this thread is, however, is a place to discuss Ubers replays and Ubers in SPL in general. I'm going to be gathering replays of all the Ubers games in SPL starting from the time week one goes up tomorrow all throughout the season and posting them here. We can discuss these in a civil manner as well as addressing any questions people might have about the tour. To watch a game, simply click the matchup or the sprites in the matchup (i.e. to watch Edgar's week 1 game you would click aim vs Edgar)

If you want unfinished usage statistics from SPL, click here.

Week 1

Steve Angello vs PROBLEMS

steelphoenix vs Donkey

Jibaku vs Hack

Evuelf vs Fireburn

aim vs Edgar

Week 2

Steve Angello (left) vs steelphoenix (right)

PROBLEMS vs Evuelf

Edgar vs Jibaku

Donkey vs Fireburn

Hack vs aim

Week 3

steelphoenix vs PROBLEMS

Fireburn vs aim

Jibaku vs Evuelf

Hack vs Melee Mewtwo

edgar vs malefic

Week 4

aim vs malefic

edgar vs Evuelf

Jibaku vs steelphoenix

Hack vs PROBLEMS

Fireburn vs Melee Mewtwo

All-Star Week

Jibaku vs steelphoenix (BW)

Jibaku vs steelphoenix (DPP)

Week 5

Fireburn vs steelphoenix

Jibaku vs aim

Hack vs Evuelf

Melee Mewtwo vs Sweep

edgar vs PROBLEMS

Week 6

Sweep vs Jibaku

steelphoenix vs ZoroDark

edgar vs Hack

PROBLEMS vs Fireburn

aim vs Steve Angello

Week 7

steelphoenix vs aim

Steve Angello vs Evuelf

PROBLEMS vs Jibaku

Hack vs Sweep

Fireburn vs edgar

Week 8

Hack vs Fireburn

Steve Angello vs Jibaku

boudouche vs Sweep

PROBLEMS vs aim

edgar vs steelphoenix

Week 9
steelphoenix vs Hack

aim vs Zorodark

Fireburn vs Jibaku

Sweep vs PROBLEMS

edgar vs xtra$hine - no replay available, Edgar brought a gen 5 team and xtra$hine brought Flyceus

and nobody saved the replay @_@

Semi-Finals
steelphoenix vs PROBLEMS

Evuelf vs Jibaku

Finals
steelphoenix vs jibaku

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After discussion with the other Ubers moderators, and in light of recent events, we have decided that it is best to close this thread to discussion. If you wish to discuss the SPL games, feel free to on PS! or IRC. steelphoenix will continue to update the OP with the matches as they come in. This will also be stickied for easy access.

I have left Sweep's bingo card intact because it is awesome. I don't expect anyone will disagree with this.

week 9: Fireburn vs. Jibaku
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-41461

hey guys, i really wanted to talk about this replay because i think this exemplifies how centralizing mega salamence is right now. being able to get boosted damage on a body slam with the default 30% paralysis rate is unreal. add on top of that the aerilate boost for headbutt and the 30% flinch chance there and you have a powerhouse that's even better than jirachi. in fact, both salamence didn't even need earthquake to get past the opposing scarf jirachi on both teams. luckie and good???? you bet

i also think that ubers in its current state has a lack of team diversity and is very matchup based. jibaku and fireburn literally brought the same teams against each other with the same exact sets and nicknames, which clearly exemplifies this issue. there's also very little room for counterplay for all these massive threats. you can see that once jibaku lucked his way through fireburn's sableye, salamence had a clear path to clean considering the fact that it gives no shits about choice scarf jirachi. we can even go as far to say that ubers may in fact be uncompetitive because it create too many 50/50 situations. jibaku's win was practically guaranteed depending on how confuse ray played out for his salamence

however, with that all said, i think jibaku clearly played better and deserved his win in this match. it seems like jibaku was about to win when he landed a 20% freeze on fireburn's sableye, but fireburn channeled Soulgazer's unparalleled luck and unfroze immediately which made the game more intense in my opinion. though later, jibaku was much more focused and chanted "shakeitup" three times in order to get the necessary paralysis and flinches to seal the game for him

overall, great game despite all the luck, which is only something you can expect since it's just pokemon

tl;dr
★Jibaku: gg
JIBAKUs DONGER: .

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey it looks like the thread's been unlocked so feel free to discuss whatever you want about Ubers SPL so long as salt is kept to a minimum ^_^

way to stay positive boys. personally I was a big fan of Hack vs. aim. the latter made an amazing call reading the early double switch and ridding Hack of his Ho-Oh. however, where a lesser player would've been too intimidated to try any more, Sweden's #2 uber player was undaunted and made a very impressive comeback.

I also fucking loved steelphoenix vs. Steve Angello. a matchup as even as you can ask for, well played on both ends, interesting teams, a tight as hell finish. awesome.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
no negative nancies in the thread pls, I'll leave it unlocked as long as discussion is kept civil

Reactions: zf
I really liked edgar vs malefic

I believe that was among the earliest battles where we saw use of Aromatherapy geoxern and Stone Edge Ekiller. Nice and innovative, well played by both sides.

I really liked edgar vs malefic

I believe that was among the earliest battles where we saw use of Aromatherapy geoxern and Stone Edge Ekiller. Nice and innovative, well played by both sides.
Stone Edge was known long before, it was on aims team vs edgar week 1 for example.

Geo+Aroma Xern is completely standard and was definitely not something new.

Since malefic had flash cannon on his dialga he also choked by sacking kyogre and letting xern aroma. He also choked vs ekiller in the end, he should have gone grassceus instantly to wisp and then walled the ekiller with his mence. Edgar made some really dubious plays midgame which I quite frankly can't understand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)