Project Ubers Teambuilding Competition (Resuming Monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapu Bulu + SD Dragonium z LandoT.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Dragonium z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

- Iron Tail

Tapu bulu is my favourite of the four so I had it easy. The next thing was to fit it. It occurred to me that the best way was in the sticky webb style. Approving to attack strong and first. Im a shuckle fan on Smeargle, to my liking. He is my user the principal strategy. Nice core Landt forms an interesting set. Move Z is for Giratina-O etc. PDon aka the best mon of the tier. Rock polish set is the amazing option. Ghostceus for anti Rapid Spin and good Arceus type. Finally, the mega slot. Lucario, mi friend. Great mega for this team. Adaptability + stat is broken.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm too late for this but if not it's worth a shot

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Superpower

Lunala @ Psychium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Hypnosis

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Overheat

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Scald
- Ice Beam

I wanted to do something with tapu bulu, because I think it actually has potential as a breaker that people are sleeping on at the moment. In my opinion, one of the more effective styles with a mon like this is trick room, which helps to counter style the sticky web teams that are very popular on the ladder.

My team features two trick room setters, dialga and lunala. The shuca berry and heavy hp investment on dialga make it a fairly reliable trick room setter early on, as few mons can OHKO it outside of lucario, which lunala can set it on. The lunala set is a personal favorite, z trick room gives you +1 accuracy, which you can then use to go for hypnosis on a switch in like yveltal, or abuse a slightly more favorable 80% focus blast. With stealth rock freed up, I opted for a specially defensive 4 attack groudon, as setup is not optimal due to wasting valuable trick room turns. It still hits extremely hard and appreciates bulu's ability to threaten ground and water support arcs. Ekiller is useful because of it's ability to function outside of trick room as well as in it; I opted for a life orb set with overheat over eq so that I can hit celesteela, and grassy terrain weakens eq anyway. Finally cm rest 2 attack ogre just fit well to absorb status and annoy stall heavily. Overall it's still a pretty gimmicky team but I feel it does well against a fair amount of teams and utilizes a fun mon :]

Last edited:

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Here's a team I made starring Tapu Bulu.
To start off, we have Fightinium Z SD 3 Attacks Tapu Bulu with Rock coverage to hit switchins like Ho-Oh and Mega Salamence. Next up we have standard LO Yveltal with Knock Off as the team's Ground immunity. I decided to keep Knock Off on it, since the team struggles a bit with Ho-Oh and Knock Off+Dark Pulse 2HKOes standard offensive Ho-Oh. Yveltal is followed standard Will-o-Wisp-Hex Mega Gengar that, while being a secondary arceus check, it also pairs very well with Yveltal, since it can trap Yveltal's checks and KO them, giving Yveltal a better time. I needed Stealth Rock and added the ever so popular Primal Groudon to the squad with Dragon Tail and Stone Edge, as the team does look somewhat weak to Ho-Oh. As u can see, I'm pretty weak to Yveltal atm and i also wanted a better Xerneas check since Primal Groudon can easily be weakened so, I decided to go with Magearna. At this point, the team's pretty weak to Mega Salamence and Mega Lucario, so I ended up taking Arceus-Ground as my last Pokemon. The speed investment allow it outspeed Mega Lucario and OHKO it with Judgment.

Here's the team!
Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast
- Hex
- Sludge Wave

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Heart Swap

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog

Message from Slurmz: Deadline is 8 AM MONDAY GMT -4

Last edited:
I don't mean this to be rude as it is an excellent team and I respect you as a user, but as it stands you have two z crystals. Is there another item possibility for koko? regardless love the team man
I don't really think the 2 Crystal thing is an issue, seems more like as a variety of Z move depending of the opponent team, example stall is more easy to break with Arceus Z, and other stuff more easy to break with Thunder Z, hope this answer help u.

I don't really think the 2 Crystal thing is an issue, seems more like as a variety of Z move depending of the opponent team, example stall is more easy to break with Arceus Z, and other stuff more easy to break with Thunder Z, hope this answer help u.
ok, makes sense I guess. not knocking it, just seemed unconventional

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
so yeah, i kinda fucked up the management of this thread so apologies to all involved. but thank you for continuing to post even with this shitty scheduling. to make sure that we can continue with the original schedule, im deciding the winner of this week. yes, this is controversial and whatever but believe or not, id prefer if we kept the original schedule. as czar of this thread, im selecting Fireburn as this winner of this week.

week 8:

and i can finally say, deadline is 4 pm Friday. good luck

Last edited:

importable
:
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Rock Tomb
- Precipice Blades

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Foul Play

Arceus-Ground @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Description:

Gross’s niche it compresses a psychic resist, xern check, and offensive presence into one pokemon, and unlike solgaleo doesn’t suck at it. With that in mind, tapu lele offense seemed to be the best bet.

The majority of sets are standard, with minimal variation. Deoxys is standard 4 move set with magic coat to cheese opposing hyper offense leads. Groudon is a 4 attack set with rock tomb and solar beam to pressure groundceus and waterceus, as well as maintain coverage on ho-oh and kyogre, all of which gross hates. Metagross itself is a standard 4 attacking set: meteor mash and zen hit hard under terrain, ice punch and eq hit flying targets and groudon respectively. Tapu lele is the standard set with terrain extender to keep powerful Zen headbutts, and remove priority like ygod’s sucker. Speaking of which, scarfed ygod matched up well as a revenge killer, and isn’t reliant on priority unlike the life orb set, making it ideal for psychic terrain. Finally, a groundceus with ice beam fits best because other arceus forms like ekiller or ghosteus clash with lele, and having two ice moves means zygarde will struggle to be at full health.

Not the best showcase per se but definitely fun, and covers a good amount of the meta :]

Specs Yveltal & Electrium z Xerneas.

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide
- Bullet Punch

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Draco Meteor

Xerneas @ Electrium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Lava Plume

Mmetagross seems like a good choice but it's hard to build something nice. But I like it, its interesting to try things new. Rock Slide slot for Ho-Oh. Well, when I was already leading gross I knew I would have a weak team for pdon and arceus, so groundceus and gira-o for this. My defog user. Electrium z Thunder Xerneas for Lugia / Ho oh and factor surprise. Dark resist etc. Yveltal specs for Lunala / innovation. Pdon is my Sr user and second check GeoXern.

Funny M-gross Bulky offense.

With the right mons around M-gross can be quite fun to use.
I started with M-gross-life orb ray core,xernas is there to fill dark resistance with geoZ to help with some match up otherwise you quite auto lose against too many match up in my opinion, my first rest/rest talk geo Z and on this team make sense you should play aggresively and at worst trading blow if you dont geo early you can still bluff the scarf early game and remove geo-Z threat to clean late game, basic pdon rocker with anti bird prior, scarf lunala to revenge kill/clean late, his use there might be tricky cause sometimes you would have to mindgame, come to 50/50 choice against dark and ghost mon, and for the last i dont need to introduce Ekiller life orb with ice beam as 4th move.

EVs: 184 HP / 148 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch / Earthquake (to avoid awkward situation)

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lunala @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Shield
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 240 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Rock Slide

Arceus @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Ice Beam

shoutout to Capt. KnightWalker for suggesting some sets

Hai.
For this week I want to share this balance I've built, very easy to use but I am going to explain my teambuilding process~
Building around Mega Metagross implies some sort of rough work since its typing is weak to a plethora of dominant threats in the current metagame which is why I decided to build around a core while creating a solid balance synergy mainly focussed on status spam. Mega Metagross + Zygarde-C + Arceus-Fairy, in my opinion this core is very self-explanatory the latest two work as a backup for M-Metagross! Zygarde can proper take hits from Ho-Oh and Arceus-Fairy receives damage from Dark-types etc... as for the rest of the team, I choosed a defensive spread for Ho-Oh because it helps dealing out with another threats like Mega Lucario or even Lunala, my defogger and Hex abuser is Giratina-O and an offensive SR moveset goes for Primal Groudon to punish and break down defensive walls. I know my team at glance might look a bit weak to Ghost-types so an optional Arceus-Dark fits here too.
Code:
Jolly Nature 
- Meteor Mash 
- Bullet Punch 
- Hammer Arm 
- Toxic 

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate 
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Calm Mind 
- Recover 
- Judgment 
- Will-O-Wisp 

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb 
Ability: Levitate 
EVs: 252 Def / 244 SpA / 12 Spe 
Modest Nature 
- Hex 
- Draco Meteor 
- Will-O-Wisp 
- Defog 

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers 
Ability: Power Construct 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def 
Impish Nature 
- Glare 
- Sleep Talk 
- Thousand Arrows 
- Rest 

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers 
Ability: Regenerator 
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 52 SpD / 32 Spe 
Impish Nature 
- Recover 
- Toxic 
- Sacred Fire 
- Brave Bird 

Groudon @ Red Orb 
EVs: 160 Atk / 152 SpD / 196 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Stealth Rock 
- Swords Dance 
- Precipice Blades 
- Fire Punch

every team here is weak to Xerneas under rocks pressure, cuz hp ground + thunder modest geo is a set, but the team here that is less weak to that threat, is Arii's Team, so im voting for Arii DestoyerStella~ (C'MON ARII, STOP PLS AND LET OTHERS WIN WTF ARE YOU, A MONSTER?) I love you Arii Stella

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
:D

ckw begged me to so ill do this.

yes today is Wednesday im aware -- I'm just posting to say this will resume on Monday. See you next week
:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)