Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK it has been long enough. So sorry for the wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will not be doing ORAS for some time with SPL. However, this is a great opportunity to learn/play older gens. So let's jump into an intro to this next challenge.

With the holidays right around the corner, people eat a lot. One food that seems to be really popular from around Thanksgiving through Christmas is turkey. To honor the holidays, here's what you're building around.

hi Fireburn

This will be a DPP competition. So, in case the picture is not working, you are building around Ho-Oh in DPP.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cool, team building for the best Ubers metagame:

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Payback

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 204 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 84 HP / 216 Atk / 96 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Self-Destruct

Rather simple team here. I wanted to use Ho-oh so I went with the LO sub set as I wanted something that could hit very hard while having longevity which roost could provide. Earthquake is a viable alternative that I wanted to use over sub, but my other pokemon cover the pokemon that it does pretty well. Groudon is an obvious for providing both sun and SR support, and Forretress is as well for spinning purposes. Latias is here because it is the best check to Ogre while checking other threats, though it is weak to pursuit trapping. Giratina-O fits well here for versatility and spin blocking. I actually had a hard time choosing a set for it but I decided on a RestTalk Physical attacker because I wanted it to have longevity and this gives it that. Finally, I slapped on mewtwo because I wanted a strong special attacker who would fit well with the rest of the team and it works very well in that regard. Not much more to say as it is a very simple, but effective team.

i think relying on ho oh as your darkrai check is risky oo considering Forrey rarely spins against the really Offensive teams!

For steel i would suggest running a really slow Ludicolo for scizors so you can sub on the uturn instead of doing ~8 damage with ice beam and being forced out! im not sure what you would lose being slower than scizor as you still beat wobbs and most ttar! it is a cool team though which is trying to think outside the box that people get stuck in. someone make sure this is possible but it sounds really cool

For dude number two, i would use a better mewtwo or completely replace it altogether. Also switch Groudon with Forretress or Gira o so you don't auto lose to HO + gira o when they get sr + spikes. LO mewtwo really doesn't help you do anything at the moment! If you replace mewtwo with blissey and maybe the gira form (depending on the meta), you basically get the classic Stall of early hgss.

as of right now, both teams heavily struggle vs strong dragons especially lustrous palkia + lo dialga or latios.

I may build a team but im most likely too lazy! i would like to see something different than standard ho ohs though. It has a lot of cool options like cb lead beats ray and deoxys (50% so 100% right?). It gets thunderwave and light screen and calm mind, etc!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
@ steeljackal's team

Although I don't play this meta anymore there are a number of glaring issues on the team which immediately came to mind. I don't think I can find a quick solution for them, but this is what i got for the issues:

Darkrai - Okay this one was mentioned above but I need to touch on this further. With nothing faster than Darkrai, it is free to play Dark Void mindgames with you. The only things in your team that can take a +2 Dark Pulse are Ludicolo and Ho-Oh. Ludicolo is far from a Darkrai check and is Substitute bait. Relying on a 4x SR weak mon to cover Darkrai has a lot of issues and Darkrai can also land a Dark Void on it.

Tyranitar: Fire Blasts Forry, hits Ho-Oh and Armaldo with Stone Edge or SR, Crunches Lugia and Giratina-O, and Ludicolo isn't doing anything to TTar and gets crushed by Sandstream. When a defensive Pokemon gives your Pokemon problems through direct damage, something's not right.

Heatran: You have a check for this...and 5 other Heatran baits. Do you expect Giratina-O to handle this?

Thunder Lati@s: They don't have the easiest switch ins but you have practically nothing against them either.

Thunder in general is kinda annoying.

SubCM Kyogre: I don't know if people still use this set (it was used when I was playing), but it turns your "Kyogre counter" into set up bait and then destroys everyone.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is dying if not 5 total subs in next few days ie three more I'm going to have to ask this to be locked until SPL ends

e: bye til end of SPL

Last edited:
HTML:
Open/close
Rekamence (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Frustration
- Roost

This is weird (Blaziken) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Baton Pass
- Reversal

okie (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Adamant Nature
- Dragon tail
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Loled (Arceus) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Judgment
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw

Another one (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Defog

Cpol (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Surf

Well let me explain, blaziken is the lead and then you get up a sd [its guarenteed because of the sash] after getting one up you protect to get ANOTHER speed boost up and Baton pass into the groudon, if a threat comes out you can just d-tail it into something else due to you outspeeding but if that dies you can switch back into blaziken [if rocks aren't up] and start reversaling but if you can predict a switch feel free to get up a SD, but if rocks are up go into girantina instead and start defogging. Salamence is the third part after blaziken/groudon faint thats another sweeper as well, get up one ddance and it wrecks same with arceus, but with SD ofc, and then finish off with kyogre/girantina.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Updated version of Steelceus team:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Substitute
- Recover

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force / Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Some of you might recognize this build since I used it against PROBLEMS in the most recent BOTW. It's the same as the old one except with Hippowdon and Charizard instead of Gliscor and Mewtwo. Hippowdon fulfills similar functions as Gliscor while also providing an extra check to EKiller since it can phaze. It can't really check Ho-Oh outside of SR + Phazing, but I think I have Ho-Oh handled well with everything else + Sub Arceus to scout Banded sets. Charizard-X fixes the Electric Arceus weakness while retaining the ability to destroy Ferrothorn like Mewtwo-X and giving me another win condition. It also helps soften up stuff like Heatran and bulky Ground-types for Steelceus and Zekrom cleans. This version is weaker to Kangaskhan so feel free to use Wisp on Tina-O if you think you need it.
I feel like a dork replying to a year old post but does Sand Force Hippowdon have a purpose or is that just a mistake of the teambuilder

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nothing on my team likes sand. I don't need it to stop sun Blaziken because I have Giratina-O.

Anyway locking this thread cuz necro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)