1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

[Ubers] Weatherless offence

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Adtherens, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Adtherens

Adtherens

Hey! I'm rather new at this so forgive me if anything goes wrong

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Careful Nature
    - Seismic Toss
    - Aromatherapy / Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave / Toxic
    - Softboiled / Wish

This is Chansey. AKA , that which walls every special attack. With the eviolite in hand , Chansey , with its huge HP stat which is out of this world , it can take special attacks for DAYS. Keep away from focus blast and physical attacks though. It demolishes Chansey. Chansey cannot take a physical attack. Don't even try. It just doesn't work.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes / Toxic spikes
    - Earthquake / Volt switch
    - Rapid Spin

I was debating Giratina or this but I decided that a spinner and hazard setter was more important for Rayquaza and Kyurem-W. This is a rather odd set if I do say so myself. Stealth rock , spikes and rapid spin are self explanatory , but earthquake? It's for hitting offensive Blaziken who try to set up on Forretress. It kills them in 2 hits.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
    Trait: Air Lock
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Rock Slide
    - Outrage / Dragon claw
    - Earthquake

I'm not sure about this. May replace this with Terrakion. DD is for more powerful attacks and speed which Rayquaza desperately needs. Rock slide is there because I can't count how many times I've rage quit due to stone edge missing. outrage hits almost everything hard and earthquake is there to from the Edgequake combo ( expect its rock quake ) but it hits steel types for Rayquaza.

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Claw

This is my spin blocker and Extreme Killer arceus . I don't have space for a spin blocker so I made this a ghost type. Not much to say. This is your standard Extreme Killer set. however this set is completely walled by physically bulky ground types as arceus can't do anything to it ( EG , Groudon )

Mewtwo @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Psystrike
    - Thunder / Thunderbolt
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower

I love this thing. You can pretend that this is scarf then reveal that you're expert belted. Ha. Ice beam is for all the dragon types roaming in the tier , psystrike is a strong stab move , thunder is good in the rain against Kyogre and fire blast gives me pretty good coverage.

Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Turboblaze
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Draco Meteor / Dragon pulse
    - Earth Power
    - Fusion Flare
    - Ice Beam

Ah Kyurem. It has the strongest draco meteor of the game. With mediocre speed , this is the only thing stopping this mammoth from sweeping. This , however can be patched up with a choice scarf. Modest nature max special attack coming off a 170 special attack stat. Something's gonna get destroyed. Draco meteor is my main form of stab and destroys everything ( but Chansey ) Earth power hits heatran hard ( it can't touch heatran outside of this ) fusion flare is another strong stab. And ice beam gives me nice coverage.

Please give constructive criticism!
  2. sithsniper17

sithsniper17

Hi, and welcome to Ubers! First, I'll give a few general RMT suggestions:

1) Proofreading is your best friend. It makes reading RMT's easier and more presentable.

2) Use sprites and formatting to your advantage--people are more likely to read and rate a prettier-looking post.

That said, let's get to the actual rate:

Chansey doesn't need to run Stealth Rock if Forretress has it as well. In fact, Forretress will run it better than Chansey will, and your team with its sweepers can use some Aromatherapy

Earthquake on Forretress, while the idea is nice, is a little underwhelming--a whole moveslot for killing Blaziken isn't great. You're better off running Volt Switch to scout and, if need be, switch to an appropriate counter--and looking at your team, you've got a couple.

I'm not entirely sure about Ghostceus' set, especially if you're taking E-killer and turning it into Ghost. You have two equally viable options here: either turn it into a Swords Dance set for physical power, or change it to Giratina-Origin Forme for wallbreaking and phazing.

Swords Dance Ghostceus with SD/Shadow Force/Brick Break/Recover is for sheer power--a +2 Shadow Force will at least 2HKO everything in Ubers apart from Chansey and Blissey (due to obvious immunity), and is still bulky to shrug off attacks. Mixed Giratina-O with Draco Meteor/Dragon Tail/Shadow Sneak/(HP Fire or Will-o-wisp) allows for phazing and wallbreaking, as well as spreading status. Pick what you will.

I like the Mewtwo set a lot, however you have an inability to deal with Darkrai who will ALWAYS outspeed you unless you run Aura Sphere and a Timid nature. Many opponents running Rai will switch in and try to sleep Mewtwo or go for the straight kill--Expert Belted Aura Sphere with Timid and 252 SAtk and Speed EV's will always outspeed and OHKO 252 Spd Timid Darkrai, and if your opponent believes you are running Scarf they might swap in Rai to try and take you down while you're "Choice-locked" into, say, Psystrike. Replace your Fire attack with Aura Sphere--you have plenty of ways of dealing with Ferrothorn and Forretress.

Good luck! :)
  3. IAmAnHero

IAmAnHero

On Rayquaza you're going to want to run a Jolly Nature. You should also think about running a fire move instead of Rock Slide. Rock Slide hits Ho-oh and Lugia who lose to Outrage after they take Stealth Rock damage. Outrage does more damage to Lugia because it has stab and Rock Slide doesn't. You could run Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Overheat/V-Create because it helps you beat Ferrothorn/Forretress. If you're gonna use Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Overheat run a Naive/Hasty nature and if you're going to use V-Create use a Jolly nature.

Mewtwo needs a Timid nature because if he doesn't have it he gets outsped by Darkrai and Shaymin S.

You're should think about running a Timid nature on Kyurem-W. That would let him outspeed all of the positive nature base 90 scarfers like Kyogre, Zekrom, and Dialga.
  4. Adtherens

Adtherens

Thanks for all the comments so ill be changing the Mewtwo set when I'm not on my phone and actually on a proper computer. I don't really like the volt switch as i don't value momento too much.and those were just some ideas. Not something to really take in account.and I don't have anything that can kill a Ho-oh in a single hit. That's why I need a rock move on my rayquaza if I need to rapid spin more than setting up hazards.

PS-Where do I get sprites :(
  5. lousy918

lousy918

u can use [.img]link[./img]
    remove the dots, link is the picture link

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)