Gen 3 Ubers

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
An old uber team, but the last one I'd used before I fished it out. It has some minor EV changes from the original, but rate it.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Recover
- Reflect
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

I don't really like it as a lead, but I don't really like anything else here as a lead.

Seaking (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 Spd / 152 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Flail
- Hydro Pump
- Megahorn
- Substitute

FUCK YEAH

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder
- Water Spout

Because the other movesets got monotonous, and CB was too gimmicky even for me.

Rayquaza @ Leftovers
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Extremespeed
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Overheat

There was a time when Skarmory and Forretress prevented me from letting this set up, so it was equipped with Overheat. Thanks Air Lock.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 140 HP / 140 Spd / 196 SAtk / 32 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Claw
- Recover
- Refresh

Refresh is Refreshing.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Seismic Toss
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic

Provided a good amount of coverage between Latias and Rayquaza, and with Ray being my main focus when making this team, Registeel only made sense.

Where's Forretress? Any team that uses a CB flailer needs a spinner. Forretress > Registeel, plus Seaking would appreciate spikes damage to add on to his massive cb flails.

Just thought this was necessary:

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Kinda Sub CM Taunt Mewtwo weak..
Last poke Refresh Lati@s wins.

Going with Gross > Registeel helps with both of those, but you do lose the coolness factor.

Seaking might be cool but it's just a bad Kabutops.

I can't see this getting past standard stall. Lugia + Blissey walls your whole team.
Your best chance of sweeping is with Latias, and that'll be hard with Grosses everywhere, and this is hard to help without changing a lof of the team..

Seaking has Megahorn, which is SE against a lotta Ubers. Kabutops can't do much before getting to Flail range with a relatively weak Ice Beam (about as weak as Seaking's though, I guess) and RS won't do shit to most Ubers, even Lugia.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
If a STAB'd Rock Slide comming from a 115 base wont do shit to Lugia, I can't see how a unSTAB'd Megahorn comming from a 92 base will.

And, a CB'd Flail from Kabutops hurts everything a CB'd Megahorn from Seaking does pretty much the same:

404HP Mewtwo:
89-102% with a Kabutops Flail.
91-104% with a Seaking Megahorn.

Both OHKO no HP Latios/Mewtwo and fail to OHKO any Latias (and any Latios with HP investment).

And if while Kabutops can't touch some stuff before getting in Flail range, same can be said about Seaking:
Seaking can Megahorn Lati@s and Mewtwo, but will struggle against Rayquaza and Ho-Oh (don't tell me a Pump coming 65base SAtk will even scratch Ho-Oh with his 154base SDef).
Kabutops can Slide Ho-Oh and Rayquaza (and has a sure 2HKO on Max/Max+ Lugia, hitting for 54-64%).

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
You did all those calcs and forgot to factor in Seaking's horn.

synch's right, the horn is like, what? x1.2 or somethin along those lines?
good point.

I think the main reason anyone would choose Seaking > Kabutops is simply because novelty overrides function anyday. In all seriousness, an NU (namely Seaking) is much more fun to beat up some Ubers with than a OU (or in this case a UU-BL).

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
Then I might aswell suggest you to use Plusle over Registeel.
It's all about the coolness factor isn't it?
IMO Plusle is the coolest pokemon ever.

Serious now, ok, keep Seaking if you want, the team is yours anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)