Uh, Choice Specs Slaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
*Shot*

Well, anyways, just hear me out. Yes I know, it seems like a SIN to pass on his 160 Base Attack, HOWEVER, Slaking DOES have 90 Base Special Attack, which is JUST enough to do some pummeling to some Pokemon.

SpecsKing @ Choice Specs
Traunt
Modest Nature
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Flamethrower / Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast / Shadow Ball

I prefer the Flamethrower and Focus Blast set, however, if you want to pummel Bronzong a little bit better, Fire Blast may be the way to go. With it, it does around 76.63% - 90.24% on a Sassy Bronzong with Max HP and 98 Special Defense IVs. However, this also pummels Skarmory to hell too, but Thunderbolt accomplishes that as well, so it's basically your choice. Ice Beam is for Dragons, no doubt. Thunderbolt we just covered, it just sums up against Waters and Flyers, however, Ice may do that as well. Focus Blast is a nice 120 Base Power move, but with only 70% Accuracy and 5 PP, it might be challenging to use. If you want to pummel Dusknoir a little harder, Shadow Ball is the way to go, but keep in mind that Traunt will ALWAYS screw up a lot of capabilities for Slaking, however, he isn't affected by the ever-hated Intimidate, and can cause suprises from your opponnent.

Couple of Calculations done (The TTar one sounds wrong, however)

Flamethrower Damage to Max HP Bronzong with 98 SpDef EVs (Also with Benefiting nature) -> 60.95% - 71.60 %
(Falls to a 2HKO possibly)

Flamethrower / Thunderbolt Damage to Max HP Skarmory -> 111.38% - 130.84%
(Can you say, KO?)

Thunderbolt Damage to 212 HP Gyarados -> 145.0% - 170.05 %
(Haha, now THIS is rape on his part)

Ice Beam Damage to Max HP 92 Sp Def Cradily (With Sandstorm) -> 58.51% - 68.88%
(Well, guess it's not THAT bad). (This is if it's a POSITIVE Nature as well)

Focus Blast Damage to Above -> 73.67% - 86.70%
(Better. Focus Blast might be better in this case, but still, Cradily Recovers it, sadly)

Thunderbolt to Max HP Slowbro -> 84.77% - 99.75%
(Blah, falls short. Needs Stealth Rock support for this to work for the KO)

Shadow Ball to Max HP 192 Sp Def Dusknoir (Positive Nature) -> 49.66% - 58.50%
(Hm... Focus Blast MIGHT be better, but Shadow Ball pummles Dusknoir better)

Focus Blast to 60 HP Tyranitar (With Sandstorm) -> 196.91% - 231.46%
(Does that sound wrong? Because, if it doesn't... WOW!)

Thunderbolt to Max HP Suicune (No Calm Mind) -> 61.39% - 72.03%
(Well, you gotta admit, not bad. Needs a little support from maybe Stealth Rock to come CLOSE to a KO)

Well, these are just some. However, if it gets more interesting, I might throw some more in.

Anyways, there are some other Special Moves that little (Well, more like BIG) Slaking can get. And it's basically... Hidden Power and Solarbeam. Solarbeam is ok I guess under Sunny Day conditions, however, not recommended. Hidden Power might be something to use however...

Comments / Rants?

Stark Mountain Rules said:
Finally, a semi-brief note on the recent ubiquity of "gimmick" sets and Pokémon:

If you want to discuss a Pokémon, do so intelligently. If you want your post to be taken seriously, don't suggest things like Dig Leafeon or Choice Specs Slaking. Smogon is dedicated to competitive battling, and we do so successfully by using movesets that function well; please don't post movesets that simply don't work - especially if you haven't tested them yourself against good players in actual battles.
Ironic, isn't it? x)

Specs Slaking might be a nice surprise at first, but after that I'd imagine it's easily walled.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oops, I didn't see that part.

Someone close this then, please. VERY sorry. >_>;

Unless it is a decent idea. Oh well.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
"Focus Blast to 60 HP Tyranitar (With Sandstorm) -> 196.91% - 231.46%"
(Does that sound wrong? Because, if it doesn't... WOW!)

A Fighting move KOing a Tyranitar! It must be wrong!

EDIT: Wait, this thread is really old :(

I noticed that it almost has the potential to 2HKO Wish Blissey with Focus Blast, but sadly by the second hit Blissey would survive with around 1.5% of it's health intact.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Shadow Ball to Max HP 192 Sp Def Dusknoir (Positive Nature) -> 49.66% - 58.50%
(Hm... Focus Blast MIGHT be better, but Shadow Ball pummles Dusknoir better)
Focus Blast MIGHT be better?

Also Cradily can Recover off Ice Beam as well, you might want to mention that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)