Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Return
- Selfdestruct
- Shadow Ball

Well I like 350 Attack. It sometimes manages to 3HKO Skarmory, who run SDef EVs.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 36 Spd / 116 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Wish

needed a wisher and it's the best one available.

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Sleep Talk

Two Normal Choice Banders is sort of ew, but it actually does wonders. Even the normal resists get worn out by continuous CBReturns.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover
- Swords Dance

It's not really working for me. I wanted a Zapdos counter, but as soon as Zapdos realizes that I can't hurt it at all, it keeps on Thunderbolting and wears out my Snorlax. Wish pass keeps Snorlax alive, but eh, I will like to replace Celebi. It's not doing a very good job. Using HP Fighting so that Tyranitar does not destroy me. It is sort of acting as a Tyranitar counter actually, but not doing a good job at all.

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 140 SAtk / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Surf

Yeah, I am liking Cloyster, especially due to the fact it can hurt Zapdos on the switches.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 100 Def / 100 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt

Hera counter and the main sweeper. I usually don't use it until Zapdos is out. It was supposed to be my SDance Pass target. But celebi never really managed to do that well.

Yeah Rate.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
if you want to use celebi, change it to more of a support celebi. there really is no point in passing swords dances around when you have 2 cb-ers and a dd-er. something like recover/reflect/heal bell/psychic maybe with a good amount of spdef/hp/spatk and a +spatk/-def nature.

i'd like to see a light screen somewhere on the team to aid gyarados especially, but no big deal.

the most expendable pokemon i see is tauros. like you said, 2 normal cb-ers is a bit odd. you could use a gengar/dusclops with spikes. i see you with spikes, but there's nothing to really take advantage of it. no pseudo-hazing. no ghosts to block rapid spin. i mean, i guess the two cb-ers act as switch-inducers, but i think you need more than that.

i'd also drop earthquake on snorlax for focus punch. focus punch will devastate anything that earthquake would. i'd also consider running body slam on return. nothing is better than paralyzing their normal resist (assuming they have one) on the switch.

but yeah, it seems you have a pretty big zapdos problem. snorlax is your best special sponge i suppose, but is cb and has no form of recovery (outside of jirachi wishes). jirachi i guess could try and stand up to zapdos. but an unlucky ch could open the game wide up, since nothing else really can scare zapdos off. you could run a raikou over tauros perhaps. a sleep talker, if you want, to eat status. or one with roar.

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Earthquake
- Return
- Selfdestruct
- Shadow Ball

Well I like 350 Attack. It sometimes manages to 3HKO Skarmory, who run SDef EVs.

Sure... But I would lose CB for Resting verisons I'll explain later on.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 36 Spd / 116 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Wish

needed a wisher and it's the best one available.

I've always like using Thunder over Thunderbolt, Paraing is just so cool.

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Sleep Talk

Two Normal Choice Banders is sort of ew, but it actually does wonders. Even the normal resists get worn out by continuous CBReturns.

Standard but consider using Double-edge for more power.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover
- Swords Dance

It's not really working for me. I wanted a Zapdos counter, but as soon as Zapdos realizes that I can't hurt it at all, it keeps on Thunderbolting and wears out my Snorlax. Wish pass keeps Snorlax alive, but eh, I will like to replace Celebi. It's not doing a very good job. Using HP Fighting so that Tyranitar does not destroy me. It is sort of acting as a Tyranitar counter actually, but not doing a good job at all.

If you must...

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 140 SAtk / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Surf

Yeah, I am liking Cloyster, especially due to the fact it can hurt Zapdos on the switches.

I would lose Surf for Boom tbh. EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 4 Spd / 80 SAtk / 76 SDef Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 100 Def / 100 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt

Hera counter and the main sweeper. I usually don't use it until Zapdos is out. It was supposed to be my SDance Pass target. But celebi never really managed to do that well.

Ok...

Yeah Rate.
Seems you have electric problems even with lax, it doesn't have leftovers, Hp Ice Zapdos/Raikou might cause problems... So Rest on Lax might solve that. Try also using Magneton over Jirachi, and Maybe Cursepert over Cloyster to help your DDTyranitar weak, It also helps Celebi pass SDs to either of your sweepers If you don't mind losing wish.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Lol Ace, those are my "perfect" cloyster evs. =D

TBH, the best CB starterlax set was something BLJ used (heh).

Return/Brick Break/Rock Slide/Selfdestruct

Basically, you are hitting all the most common starters with that set. Brick break will KO T-tar, Rock Slide KOs Aero, and Return just hits hard. Only problem would be metagross...but that's definitely no problem on this team with such a bulky gyarados.

I REALLY recommend you use this CBlax if you are going to go with the double-cbnormal thing. Snorlax and Tauros have virtually the same set so it is better to mix it up a little with something wierd. Brick Break/Rock Slide is probably one of the best ways to get rid of 2 common starters instantly, and more likely than not they will stay in allowing you to KO.

If you choose to follow this, max defense instead of special defense (you can decrease your attack to 334 to add to HP, too, which is the minimal you'll need to OHKO a Tyranitar that runs enough EVs to survive Dugtrio EQ 100%. ;] ) Snorlax and get that swampert that Ace mentioned. This means you will take INCREDIBLY less damage from Aero/Tar, which is important.

Don't you think if I replace Cloyster with Swampert, my team will be destroyed by Spikes? Considering the only way of recovering HP is Wish means that I will have to switch around a lot.

Um, tbh, don't you kind of get extremely raped by Skarmory+Dusclops? Dusclops can esaily brush off any attack Cloyster gives it, and Skarm walls 4 of your pokes. Honestly, if it keeps resting, doesn't matter how many Returns you throw at it unless you luck out with a CH, but think of it, if you're returning, you're getting only one off cause that Dusclops is coming right on in. It seriously needs a Magneton. One of the oldest offensive combinations is clearly Gyarados+Magneton+Tauros, so stick to it.

P.S. if Return 'sometimes' 3hko, why not Double Edge to 'always' 3hko?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)