UK Arceus Event - GAME Stores

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm either going to the one on Oxford St or to the one in Norwich. I'll be going with a whole bunch of people so i'm having to wait for the group to select one. What nature Arceus are people going to soft reset for ? Wonder if Dave (Ash) will be there again ?
Yep, Dave is going to be there. However, he's obviously only going to be at four locations, as seven events happen each day.. and he can only be at one at a time. I've spoke with him a lot at the event's I've seen him at (Darkrai, VGC, Regigigas) - he says he saw a lot of posts by me on various forums and frequents a lot of Pokémon sites. He does actually know what he's doing to a degree.

However, there's also the chance that they'll have someone else to battle against people as well. I've never gotten to battle Dave yet, but I hopefully will this time.

Yeah i've spoke to him alot at the Darkrai, VGC, and Regigigas event. I've battled along side him once and against him twice winning one and losing one, looking forward to our rematch. Also i've bumped into of the other nintendo workers alot a guy called Ben at the Darkrai, VGC, and Regigigas event (he usually helps with the side games).

Hi everyone!

I will be attending the London (Oxford St.) event on March 13th.
[HOPEFULLY] arriving there at about 9:00/9:30 AM, with friends from university coming a little later, maybe around 11:30 AM.
Anybody who might want to meet up to travel there by train & play multi-player Pokemon or Mario Kart DS (they're the only games I own...) is more than welcome to - just send me a message or summat.

Oh, and I'd just like to finish this thread reply by saying that I look forward to the possibility of catching up with some/most/all of those I met in the same place for the Shaymin event last April!...
...and to those who were there that day but I didn't get a chance to talk to - yes, I was the guy who gave the six-foot-plus Chimchar a bear-hug.

Remember to avoid those lil kiddies with hacked crap ;)
You guys think the GAME pre-order for hg+ss a good deal? Or other better deals online?

Before I forget, does anyone going to the Oxford Street or Bedford one have a legit 3rd gen Celebi (as in, still on a GBA game)? I've been wanting to complete my Sapphire dex for years, and Celebi's the only one I'm missing. I'm disappointed the UK never got a 3rd gen Celebi event :(

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uh, so Joel and I will be attending the Sheffield event together. If anyone else is planning on going there, then PM me and we'll all discuss. I've done this once before (with the Shaymin event down The Moor), so I have an idea of what's gonna happen, etc.

edit: ASHLEY please come home (sheffield)

not even one in exeter? I'm not going to plymouth for just an arceus. Game Freak I applaud you. Wow, nothing for cornwall either. South west sucks.

HG (but not SS) can be had cheaper on Amazon. You may find good deals in the supermarkets upon release, but there won't be pre-orders with them. Gamestation are owned by the same company as GAME, so expect the exact same prices.

Don't know about getting the figure from Amazon.

It is a bit annoying it's not at every store. I think it's because they want to make a bigger thing of it than just 'get Arceus'.

I'm really starting to reckon we will never get the Azure Flute. I'm not sure they'd release a DPPt event when HGSS is out everywhere, and of course 5th gen is expected this autumn in Japan and next spring in the west.

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The figures are exclusive to GAME, yes. If you pre-order on Amazon, you can get a limited edition 3D holographic type casing for your version(s), but it comes at the cost of £40 which is a bit much for a DS game. However, every UK retailer seems to be selling the games for £35, so finding them at the usual £30 might be difficult anyway (I'm guessing this is because of the PokéWalker accessory). If you want them cheap, you'll have to find a good online store to get them - but even so, if you can't find a low shipping fee as well, it'll likely come to the same amount.

At GAME, you do get the figures, and at this Event, there is a chance you will get the special Arceus figure as well if you do the following on the day of the Event at said store:

- Buy a Pokémon related item
- Pre-order HeartGold / SoulSilver

As well as download Arceus to your DS Game(s).

I think the terms and conditions state that you will get a code to allow you to receive a figure from one of the Event staff. I'm hoping it is the Arceus figure and not just another Lugia and/or Ho-Oh that you'll get for pre-ordering the games anyway. Cinaclov's e-mailed GAME about this so hopefully we'll find out soon.

I'll probably go to London. Readings much nearer but a week later and it looks like more people will be at London. Usually take my Son along, we've done every event since Mew, but problems with his mum at the moment so probably not happening.
Thing that really annoyed me with Game was the Platinum pre-order. They had it on their web site at about £25 so I ordered it in store. Went to pick it up and it was £35 ' the web price is different 'cause we have to compete online'. Worse, I was buying 2 copies!

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I found that problem too, dee66 - they'll no doubt maintain the price this time - a lot of complaints went through last time.

I hope I can make it to one, but I'll need to work out if i'm free and near to any of the stores on the Weekends. We do have 2 Game stores here in Nottingham, but I don't think this is one of the locations, so I'll have to see if I can get down to one of the locations. It's a shame there are such a small range of locations, but oh well.
FF

I think the terms and conditions state that you will get a code to allow you to receive a figure from one of the Event staff. I'm hoping it is the Arceus figure and not just another Lugia and/or Ho-Oh that you'll get for pre-ordering the games anyway. Cinaclov's e-mailed GAME about this so hopefully we'll find out soon.
It was a week ago that I emailed, and so far all i've gotten is an automated message saying we'll get back to you shortly. I'll leave it another week or so, then have another go at it.

Or we could get everyone to email, hopefully at least 1 person would get a response then ;)

Havak

Pokémon World Magazine has posted this in a news article:

There are also rumours that GAME will be giving away models of Arceus, Lugia and Ho-Oh to those that buy Pokémon stuff on the day, but check with your local store for more details as we couldn’t get them to confirm this.
So, seemingly, they're likely giving one figure to each person. It seems a little odd as people can get the Lugia & Ho-Oh if they pre-order, but they're giving away all three on the day and it's likely one per person. I just hope I'm lucky enough to get an Arceus one and not a second Lugia / Ho-Oh if this is the case.

Hopefully we'll find out more on this sooner - I know it's only a figure but I kind of collect them xD

Will this just download through a wifi point in the store?

I can imagine the Oxford St store getting busy, would like avoid having to line up for a 'code' which they mention on the game website.

Yeah, it will be a wireless distribution. No 'code' is needed.
Also, I've decided I'll go to the London (Oxford Street) one, not the Bedford one (there's going to be way more people at the London one).

HS or SS? I know HS got Kyogre and SS Groudon, is there anything else (important) ingame that I need to be aware of when deciding which version to buy?
Thanks

i'll be definately now only going to the one in norwich even though i've got some friends going to the london one. why could'nt everyone i know go to the same one :( not happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)