UK Arceus Event - GAME Stores

leaving for sheffield - ill be the black dude in grey with Nike Brown trainers and a black coat - trust me it does colour co-ordinate lol

Yeah I missed the Manchester one too. I looked up where it was in the morning and I'd never even heard of the Fort, let alone knew where it was. I couldn't even find directions to it or anything. Oh well. They could've held it in the Trafford Centre or something, after all.

I was at the London giveaway yesterday and don't think that it was an R4 either because I spoke to some guy who said he was from Pokemon Nintendo (maybe I'm very gullible though... he was dressed in Pokemon attire handing out leaflets about the competition though). He said that the only official event Pokemon that they were distributing was the Arceus, When I jokingly replied 'Allegedly' he said 'My lips are sealed.'

I am led to believe that this was a secret addition from Nintendo.

I was at the London giveaway yesterday and don't think that it was an R4 either because I spoke to some guy who said he was from Pokemon Nintendo (maybe I'm very gullible though... he was dressed in Pokemon attire handing out leaflets about the competition though). He said that the only official event Pokemon that they were distributing was the Arceus, When I jokingly replied 'Allegedly' he said 'My lips are sealed.'

I am led to believe that this was a secret addition from Nintendo.
Yano I'd appreciate Nintendo a lot more if they weren't so "secret" about their extra event Pokémon :(

I doubt it was 'official', but possibly a Nintendo/Pokemon Co. employee had mucked about with the distribution machine.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a special 'machine'. The events are distributed by an ordinary DS with a special game card inside; a different one is used for each event. It's impossible to edit the data on a DS card, so it can't have been a problem with that.

If that is the distribution method then it lends credence to the R4 theory. Though while it's not possible to edit a legit card, it is trivial to switch it for another.

There were problems with the wifi machine in sheffield, the staff were using some kind of portable device that worked as a trigger when you were a foot away. No ''extra'' events :(

Met vashta and his friend who were both really cool, loads of people. More people than I expected for sure.

Haa... What a fun day. Obtained Arceus, pre-ordered SS and did some battles, pleasantly surprised there was a wide range of people at GAME, from like 6 to 40+ wanting to download the wondercard.
The battles I had were mediocre, most of them hacked shinies. Even though I said watch out for kiddies with hacked crap, I failed to avoid this hack-happy kid, maxed-stat shiny Palkia with Wonderguard >_<
Man, to think such sob's go over the top. I desire a higher competitive battle to drown the bs.

Hope you guys have a super day at the event!

Oh my God I fell in love today too. This super amazingly cute girl and me face to face playing HeartGold (saving Silver for release day ;)) it was perfect. Well, it would have been perfect if I talked to her, but yano.

Pretty happy with my Arceus, (lucky I dug up a Draco Plate 2 days ago searching for Red Shards O_O) but I don't get why GAME are handing out figures for "pre-ordering" the games. It didn't cost anything to preorder so essentially I have my Arceus figure for free and I can just go to a different shop to buy it on release day (hopefully picking up a Lugia figure while I'm at it :D)

But yeah Belfast was okay, I didn't battle or anything, once my one true love left the store I had to go too, I was insanely tempted to get my face painted and I just couldn't let that happen. (Honestly though the only reason I'm posting this is on the off chance she reads this and agrees to marry me. They really need more events, it's the only time I get out of the house :P).
Wait, GAME are giving out Arceus figures as well?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't hackers get their hands on a mystery gift distribution card during the Gamestop Deoxys giveaway and rip it into a usable ROM? I'm pretty sure at one point is was (and probably is) circulating around the internet.

Wait, GAME are giving out Arceus figures as well?
Well they were in Belfast, I figured (lol) they were giving out Lugia/Ho-Oh like in America (I think if you pre-order both like a spaz you get the Arceus) but I ended up with it anyway. I asked about Lugia figures and they said if you pre-order in Gamestation you can get either Lugia or Ho-Oh but that's bullshit seeing as we don't have a Gamestation here..

Well they were in Belfast, I figured (lol) they were giving out Lugia/Ho-Oh like in America (I think if you pre-order both like a spaz you get the Arceus) but I ended up with it anyway. I asked about Lugia figures and they said if you pre-order in Gamestation you can get either Lugia or Ho-Oh but that's bullshit seeing as we don't have a Gamestation here..
Hmm, I already preordered mine online from GAME but they never mentioned anything about the Arceus figure.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You could only get the Arceus figure if you bought a Pokémon related item at one of the stores hosting the Arceus Event. That's currently the only way in the UK, unless you buy one of the TCG Promo Packs that has the Arceus figure in (though I've not seen these in UK Stores so you'd get to get it online and they're quite expensive, maybe over £20).

You get Ho-Oh and/or Lugia depending on which version(s) you pre-order at GAME. You only get the figure once you go and collect your copy on March 26th. They don't let you get the figure before you buy the game obviously, or there'd be loads of pre-orders only for them to be cancelled right after.

You could only get the Arceus figure if you bought a Pokémon related item at one of the stores hosting the Arceus Event. That's currently the only way in the UK, unless you buy one of the TCG Promo Packs that has the Arceus figure in (though I've not seen these in UK Stores so you'd get to get it online and they're quite expensive, maybe over £20).

You get Ho-Oh and/or Lugia depending on which version(s) you pre-order at GAME. You only get the figure once you go and collect your copy on March 26th. They don't let you get the figure before you buy the game obviously, or there'd be loads of pre-orders only for them to be cancelled right after.
I didn't buy anything lol they were literally giving them away, I was going to take two (they had them sitting around the store as decorations) but I was too entranced by the love of my life so I didn't bother. Hopefully I still get my Lugia figure on release day, I didn't pre-order Platinum but I still got a Giratina :D

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sheffield yesterday was very fun, met up with vashta at Meadowhall station and then saw Akiratron inside GAME. Both very cool people. Then went around the shopping centre with vashta for a bit. Was a fun but very tiring day overall =)

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Damn, I missed the Oxford Street one. Which is a shame, because there are no other GAME locations anywhere around me. Might go to Harrow though...

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, meeting Joel and Akiratron yesterday was very fun and I enjoyed every minute of it. Got called out by a few kids half my size, but I guess we'll battle it out during the next event in summer where we'll brawl out. A lot of people there and a thoroughly excitable and friendly atmosphere was probably what made the event so successful - though I probably should have had my face painted. :(

I'm glad I didn't download Pikachu Coloured Pichu yet when I went to the event, but need to before the 26th March.
This Arceus who is unable to be ev trained, not good for Uber battles? If so, then I won't bother SR for good natures/ivs.
What plans have you guys got for Arceus?

What plans have you guys got for Arceus?
Copied Arceus into battle revolution for a look, prefer 2D by far!

Other than that I got 3 so my plan is to find some plates to make them different types and have an Arceus team.

Oh and we get a new area in HG/SS with him I think so def make use of him there.

If I can get away with it I'll get Arceus on my R4 card. Then I can savefile duplicate, thus wondercard duplicating. Then RNG abuse until I get one of each nature :-) (Though I wouldn't actually consider them all fully-legit, since you can't Wondercard duplicate normally, so don't expect me to open up a trade-shop with them.)

If I can get away with it I'll get Arceus on my R4 card. Then I can savefile duplicate, thus wondercard duplicating. Then RNG abuse until I get one of each nature :-) (Though I wouldn't actually consider them all fully-legit, since you can't Wondercard duplicate normally, so don't expect me to open up a trade-shop with them.)
Nobody will care if you have an R4 card; loads of people in London had them. At least, nobody will care unless you start distributing hacked Mystery Gifts and interfering with the official distribution (you might get kicked out). I'm 99% sure that you can get the Arceus on an R4, though.

EDIT:

i was at the london one. It was epic i only got the wcs eevee though. I got 2 and traded one for a pcnyb kingdra
I remember you :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)