UK Jirachi Event - Wi-Fi

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Theorymon (or some other Ubers player, his was the first to jump into my head cuz he does this stuff) theorymoned a mixed set with DM to hit Palkia. I forget how it did. Something like Iron Head, Grass Knot, DM, and filler or something like that.

(Hey guys! I'm new here. Is there an official introductions thread or board or whatever where I can officially say hi to everyone?)

Anyway, I just downloaded my Jirachi from Wi-Fi. Haven't picked him up from the delivery man yet. I'm still trying to decide which moveset I want to use (and hence, which Nature I should go with). And because I can't just breed another Jirachi, I'm seeking out as much advice as possible before I download the only Jirachi I'm gonna get in a long time. (I only have Soul Silver...)

My first thought while reading the Smogon Strategy Pokedex article for Jirachi was that Jirachi has Serene Grace for some paraflinch action and Wish for some, well, Wish support action.

My second thought was, hey wait, why does this sound familiar? Then it hit me: Togekiss also has paraflinch + Wish support action. And it's much easier to build a perfect Togekiss what with it being able to breed and all.

So yeah. I'm now trying to decide between a Calm Mind Sweeper moveset or a Paraflinch/Wish Support moveset now. In particular, I'm thinking of either the Calm Mind + Substitute Sweeper, Wish + Calm Mind, Substitute + Thunder Wave, or Wish Support movesets as presented in the Strategy Pokedex article.

Would anyone kindly give a beginner some advice? Thanks in advance!

I haven't really locked down a playstyle yet, but in other games, it's traditionally either been a brutally aggressive offensive playstyle or a slow and methodical playstyle, depending on the game.

(Also, for a moment, I was consider building a moveset based on Draco Meteor. But I'm not experienced enough to know how to build a decent moveset around Draco Meteor. And that -2 SpA is so incredibly painful ><.)

(Hey guys! I'm new here. Is there an official introductions thread or board or whatever where I can officially say hi to everyone?)

Anyway, I just downloaded my Jirachi from Wi-Fi. Haven't picked him up from the delivery man yet. I'm still trying to decide which moveset I want to use (and hence, which Nature I should go with). And because I can't just breed another Jirachi, I'm seeking out as much advice as possible before I download the only Jirachi I'm gonna get in a long time. (I only have Soul Silver...)

My first thought while reading the Smogon Strategy Pokedex article for Jirachi was that Jirachi has Serene Grace for some paraflinch action and Wish for some, well, Wish support action.

My second thought was, hey wait, why does this sound familiar? Then it hit me: Togekiss also has paraflinch + Wish support action. And it's much easier to build a perfect Togekiss what with it being able to breed and all.

So yeah. I'm now trying to decide between a Calm Mind Sweeper moveset or a Paraflinch/Wish Support moveset now. In particular, I'm thinking of either the Calm Mind + Substitute Sweeper, Wish + Calm Mind, Substitute + Thunder Wave, or Wish Support movesets as presented in the Strategy Pokedex article.

I haven't really locked down a playstyle yet, but in other games, it's traditionally either been a brutally aggressive offensive playstyle or a slow and methodical playstyle, depending on the game.

(Also, for a moment, I was consider building a moveset based on Draco Meteor. But I'm not experienced enough to know how to build a decent moveset around Draco Meteor. And that -2 SpA is so incredibly painful ><.)
Well, flinchax only works if you're faster, which in my experience does not apply to Togekiss. Jirachi's unpredictability makes it much better IMO.

Is there a certain point in D/P's story you have to finish before getting this via Mystery Gift? I'm thinking of restarting Pearl to nab a better Jirachi...

(I'm new here as well. Cheers, bro!)

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I find the Sub + Thunder Wave set really interesting. I haven't played any online matches at all, though, so I don't know if I have enough prediction skills and whatnot to pull it off.

I really enjoy using a paraflinch jirachi without sub. It works wonders and is SO annoying.

about that -2 SpA. if you had a physically based mixrachi (lol) it wouldn't hurt that hard....

The more I think about it, the more I realize that (thanks to Mewtwo) when I think of Legendaries, I think of "power", not "fun". (Although "power" can sometimes be "fun", especially if you're wielding the "power".) And when I think of power, I think of a pokemon that can switch in and single-handedly wreck the opposing team. Namely, a sweeper.

So yeah, I'm thinking of building a sweeper Jirachi, using the Superachi! set described on http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/jirachi . (I'm assuming those listed IVs are for HP Fire, which I'm probably not going to use since I don't have the patience to RNG a Jirachi with the right IVs.)

I imagine if I want to build a Wish pokemon or a Paraflincher, there's no shortage of other pokemon who can get the job done. So Superachi sweeper Jirachi for me it is!

Draco meteor jirachi is just epic IMO who doesn't want to hit mence with a taste of it's own medicine despite ice punch still doing the job just fine.

Downloaded 1 on my retail Diamond, 2 on my Flashcard (needed to activate my Mistery Gift on Platinum...)
Not going to take them before I know how to RNG them

Nope. There's some more technical information regarding why it can't be, but basically the game ensures that you can't receive a shiny Wondercard Pokemon that isn't specifically set as such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)