• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Ultimate Balanced team

The Introduction

This team might seem like an ordinary team, without any special combinations. However this team is a lot more than that. It has a nearly perfect defensive balance and a pretty solid offensive balance. This team doesnt rely on sweeps, even though volcarona does sweep often. The goal of this team is to eliminate all the opponents pokemon by a simple way, prediction. That is the weapon i use the most and it is very successful. Now let's look at the team...

The team at a glance:

NOTE: Before we start with the analysis, I understand if you dont like me using skarmory and chansey, but i just couldnt find a better special wall. I didnt look at the their combos, I just needed a good Special wall...

Detailed analysis:

Volcarona Leftovers
Ability:Flame Body
Ev's 252 spe / 252 sp.Att / 6 Hp
Timid: Nature
~
Fire Blast
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power [Ground]

Volcarona is the main Pokemon in this team. It is my favorite Pokemon as well. Volcarona has the potential to sweep as well as to revenge kill with a fire blast.The main reason why i use Leftovers on it is because of sand, it would destroy my Volcarona. It is also useful against SR.You might ask yourself why HP Ground.Well none of my sweeps would be successful without it, because heatran walls me completely without it. Volcarona also fully supports all the members of its team with its type combo and with its attack coverage. It has an excellent Special attack and a respectable speed. Even without a Quiver Dance, this Pokemon is very dangerous. Especially to the Defensive walls. When Volcarona sets up 2 Quivers it is capable of defeating everything in its way except blissey and full HP Dragonite. Everything else gets raped by it. Thats why this Pokemon will be a constant member of this team along with Conkeldurr. Because they are the main attackers in this team.

~

Donphan Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sturdy
128 HP / 252.Att / 128 Spe
~
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stealth Rocks
Rapid Spin

Donphan has multiple roles in this team. He is a rapid spinner which helps Volcarona a lot. He can damage Dragonites severely with stone edge and ice shard. He has the very important Rapid Spin which helps my Volcarona switch in safely. This EV spread might look weird but there is a reason for each EV i have made on him. He needs the Attack EV's to attack more severly other Pokemon, especially Dragonites. The Sp.Def helps him survive special non-stab attacks from other Sp.Att orientated Pokemon. The Defense EV is self-explanatory. I need it for a better defense and bulk. Donphan is a very important member in this team because of its ability to rapid spin and beat Dragonites. Without Donphan my team would have little chance against Dragonites.
~

Breloom Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison heal
Nature: Jolly
252 Att / 252 Spe / 6 Def
~
Substitute
Focus Punch
Seed bomb
Spore

Breloom is my main Physical attacker. He has a great attack. Breloom is used mainly against weather set uppers like tyranitar and Politoed. However he cant stop ninetales i have donphan for that task. Breloom very successfully Spores the oponent and the sets up a sub. He can make huge hole in any team. Since i had a lot of trouble with rain stall teams i simply had to put him in against ferrothorn and Politoed. Breloom fits in this team just like Conkeldurr. This synergy isn't destroyed. In some aspects it is even better.
Breloom replaced Conkeldurr
~

Latios Choise Specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
6 Hp / 252 Sp.Att / 252 Speed
~
Psyshock
Draco Meteor
Surf
Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios is my Special killer and my revenge killer. It has great special attack, great sp.def and nice speed. It is most useful when my Volcarona dies or when Stealth rocks are up and i dont have the opportunity to remove them.
I chose Latios over Latias because Latios has better special attack so it can destroy teams better and revenge kill better. Their speed is the same so i took Latios. If Latias had higher special attack i would have chosen her. Latios also has the capability of surprising Pokemon like Blissey with Psyshock, and Skarmory,Jirachi and other steel type pokemon with hp fire. It also makes up for the lack of a water type in my team with its specs surf. All in all Latios is a very important member of this team

Latios replaced Latias.

Skarmory Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
252 HP / 24 Spe / 232 Def
~
Spikes
Roost
Brave Bird
Whirlwind

Skarmory is my main defense Pokemon. It also successfully sets Spikes and Whirlwinds anyone who wants to set up on me. The reason why I chose Skarmory as my Def wall but not someone else is because it can Whirlwind. It is a very good switch in against anyone who would physically want to injure Volcarona or Latias. Spikes are just there when i get i chance to set them up. However, it doesnt really happen to often. The reason why put those 24 Speed EV's is because i want it to outspeed other Pokemon with same or similar base speed. I bet you all know Skarmory very well, so there is no need for further tactical explanation.

~

Chansey Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp.Def
~
Wish
Protect

Toxic
Seismic toss

Chansey is my main Special wall. I use it mainly against Those annoying Specs Latias/Latios. A Specs Latios would rape my whole team without Chansey. Chansey also has the role of poisoning my opponent's Pokemon. There is not much to say about Chansey. As i said it is in my team just for one reason, protecting my team from dangerous specially orientated Pokemon. The Wish is very useful as well, it helps me heal Volcarona, Donphan or Latias. The mentioned Pokemon are very weak when at low health because then I can not send them in safely.
Chancey was put in this team instead of blissey.
~

This team was very successful on PO. This team is not easy to play with, however with the right prediction skills you can beat anyone

I am looking forward to all of your Rates and comments. I would appreciate all of them. I am ready to accept all the critics and suggestions. I will test all the reasonable comments and suggestions and then tell my oppinion about it.
Also i am ready to change my Pokemon if i see i good suggestion. So you shouldn't think that this team is unchangable. :D

I hope you liked this RMT. Sorry for all the spelling and grammar mistakes.

Also visit my other RMT its link is in my signature.

Changes will be done in red

Thank you for your Attention!

Great team. to fix the Dnite problem put stealth rock on skarmory over spikes to break Dnite's multiscale plus to cripple other sweepers such as salamence and opposing volcarona witch could also pose a problem to the team. but if you miss spikes, stealth rock could go on Donphan instead over stone edge or ice shard.

I love the fact that you aren't using Rotom-W, Scizor, Heatran, Terrakion, etc. That alone makes this team cool!!! My recommendations would be to switch out Skarmory for Slowbro. Slowbro is a better physical wall IMO than skarm, with its Leftovers+Slack Off+Regenerator. It gives you a water resist for Volcarona and Donphan, a psychic resist for conk, and a fighting resist for Blissey. I would also switch out Blissey for Eviolite Chansey. Give Donphan Stealth Rock over Sone Edge, to help your sweepers do their thing. Lastly, you have nothing to hit water types. Fix that. Overall, your team is pretty righteous. Hope this helps!!! :D

Hey,

The first thing that really throws me off is your lack of Stealth Rocks. Donphan is a great SR user, and Stone Edge does not help him that much. Stealth Rocks are important as they hit a lot of common Pokemon for super effective damage and help score KOs on many Pokemon. For the reasons above, I recommend putting Stealth Rocks over Stone Edge on Donphan.

Your current EV spread on Donphan puzzles me. Although the extra SpD is nice to take a few more SpAtks, that is not really Donphan's job. To me, Donphan looks like he is on the team to Rapid Spin, set up Stealth Rocks (if you take my suggestion), tank physical hits, and hit Dragons with a priority Ice Shard. An EV spread that I think would work the best here is a simple EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with an Impish Nature. You could run a more offensive spread, but this spread allows you to take hits a lot better from Terrakion and Dragonite.

Looking at your team, you have no solid answer to CM Reuniclus. Latias normally would be able to handle Reuniclus, but you are running a Choiced set. To fix this, I suggest running a CM Latias. A spread of 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spd with Timid nature should work well. As for moves, a moveset of CM | Dragon Pulse | Roar | Roost will work the best here. Latias can set up on Reuniclus and faze her out.

Although offensive Volcorona provides a lot more speed, I think a more defensive RestoChesto Volcorona will work well here. RestoChesto Volcorona is one of the best late game cleaners in the game. Boost a couple of times, regain basically an extra life with Rest, and sweep. A spread of 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spd with a Modest Nature should due. Quiver Dance | Bug Buzz | Fire Blast/Fiery Dance | Rest will work the best here.

Although Blissey has Leftovers, Chansey is a lot bulkier. Chansey puts a good fight against physical attacks and is not destroyed by Psyshock. The EV set and nature can remain the same, but I would recommend Wish over Aromatherapy. Since Volcorona can stand up against status with Rest, Wish would be a lot more beneficial. Wish helps Donphan a lot, and also lets Volcorona come in easier with SR on the field if you do not get a chance to spin.

In a nutshell,

• SR over Stone Edge on Donphan + New EV spread
  • CM Latias over your current set
  • RestoChesto Volcorona over your current set
  • Chansey over Blissey + Wish over Aromatherapy.

Hi,

This is a solid looking team with a fresh take on the typical standard OU teams. I just wanted to point out that Specs Latios would be the superior choice over Specs Latias. On this particular team, your main defensive core is the Skarm Bliss combo and Latias is used primarily used as an attacker so its role is completely outclassed by by its male counter part. You have Blissey to fall back on for most special sponging so why not go for a more powerful attacker. Please give it a try, I'm sure you'l agree with me. Good Luck!

I love the fact that you aren't using Rotom-W, Scizor, Heatran, Terrakion, etc. That alone makes this team cool!!! My recommendations would be to switch out Skarmory for Slowbro. Slowbro is a better physical wall IMO than skarm, with its Leftovers+Slack Off+Regenerator. It gives you a water resist for Volcarona and Donphan, a psychic resist for conk, and a fighting resist for Blissey. I would also switch out Blissey for Eviolite Chansey. Give Donphan Stealth Rock over Sone Edge, to help your sweepers do their thing. Lastly, you have nothing to hit water types. Fix that. Overall, your team is pretty righteous. Hope this helps!!! :D
I have put SR on Donphan as it seems like a logical move.
However i am still not sure for slowbro because of its weaknesses. I need a steel pokemon.

Hey,

The first thing that really throws me off is your lack of Stealth Rocks. Donphan is a great SR user, and Stone Edge does not help him that much. Stealth Rocks are important as they hit a lot of common Pokemon for super effective damage and help score KOs on many Pokemon. For the reasons above, I recommend putting Stealth Rocks over Stone Edge on Donphan.

Your current EV spread on Donphan puzzles me. Although the extra SpD is nice to take a few more SpAtks, that is not really Donphan's job. To me, Donphan looks like he is on the team to Rapid Spin, set up Stealth Rocks (if you take my suggestion), tank physical hits, and hit Dragons with a priority Ice Shard. An EV spread that I think would work the best here is a simple EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with an Impish Nature. You could run a more offensive spread, but this spread allows you to take hits a lot better from Terrakion and Dragonite.

Looking at your team, you have no solid answer to CM Reuniclus. Latias normally would be able to handle Reuniclus, but you are running a Choiced set. To fix this, I suggest running a CM Latias. A spread of 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spd with Timid nature should work well. As for moves, a moveset of CM | Dragon Pulse | Roar | Roost will work the best here. Latias can set up on Reuniclus and faze her out.

Although offensive Volcorona provides a lot more speed, I think a more defensive RestoChesto Volcorona will work well here. RestoChesto Volcorona is one of the best late game cleaners in the game. Boost a couple of times, regain basically an extra life with Rest, and sweep. A spread of 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spd with a Modest Nature should due. Quiver Dance | Bug Buzz | Fire Blast/Fiery Dance | Rest will work the best here.

Although Blissey has Leftovers, Chansey is a lot bulkier. Chansey puts a good fight against physical attacks and is not destroyed by Psyshock. The EV set and nature can remain the same, but I would recommend Wish over Aromatherapy. Since Volcorona can stand up against status with Rest, Wish would be a lot more beneficial. Wish helps Donphan a lot, and also lets Volcorona come in easier with SR on the field if you do not get a chance to spin.

In a nutshell,

• SR over Stone Edge on Donphan + New EV spread
  • CM Latias over your current set
  • RestoChesto Volcorona over your current set
  • Chansey over Blissey + Wish over Aromatherapy.
I have put SR on donphan and changed his EV spread, but i really want to keep the Adamant nature for the extra power. CM latias wont be a good Pokemon for my team, because i already have a set up Pokemon. As i mentioned i need his movepool variety Powered by Specs
Thank you for the Chansey advice. I Think it is pretty useful...

Hi,

This is a solid looking team with a fresh take on the typical standard OU teams. I just wanted to point out that Specs Latios would be the superior choice over Specs Latias. On this particular team, your main defensive core is the Skarm Bliss combo and Latias is used primarily used as an attacker so its role is completely outclassed by by its male counter part. You have Blissey to fall back on for most special sponging so why not go for a more powerful attacker. Please give it a try, I'm sure you'l agree with me. Good Luck!
I will try Latios but i just dont think he will be as successful as Latias.

I have put SR on donphan and changed his EV spread, but i really want to keep the Adamant nature for the extra power. CM latias wont be a good Pokemon for my team, because i already have a set up Pokemon. As i mentioned i need his movepool variety Powered by Specs
Thank you for the Chansey advice. I Think it is pretty useful...
Ok, so you think just because you have a set up Pokemon, means you can not have more? That is some dumb logic. Have fun being eaten alive by Reuniclus.

Ok, so you think just because you have a set up Pokemon, means you can not have more? That is some dumb logic. Have fun being eaten alive by Reuniclus.
don't worry about reuniculus, i have never had problems with it. I always kill it volcarona or whirlwind with skarmory or trick with latias.

If you have any other suggestion please feel free to say it.

BTW dont call an opinion dumb logic when you dont know the background behind it. I have tested this team and i am sure that cm latias wouldn't be a good option.

If you're running a specs latias i think latios would do the same job better
Higher special attack can grab those KOs!

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As (relatively) uncommon as it is, Choice Banded Conkeldurr, as well as the standard Bulk Up variants, can fairly easily play around your team. With over 600 Attack without a boost, if it has a Band, it OHKOs every Pokemon on the team, except Donphan, who is IIRC 2HKOed and Skarm, who is OHKOed after Rocks if it gets a Guts boost. As such, I would recommend using Gliscor over Conkeldurr. It has vital Fighting, Bug, and Ground resistances/immunities as well as being neutral to Rock, and with Swords Dance can easily pose a threat. Your team would IMO benefit from this set most:

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

This set counters most Fighting types, checks most sand offence and can break through a large chunk of semi-stall teams.

If you're running a specs latias i think latios would do the same job better
Higher special attack can grab those KOs!
As i said my previous posts i will test Latios, and then will make a decision whether to put Latios or not.

As (relatively) uncommon as it is, Choice Banded Conkeldurr, as well as the standard Bulk Up variants, can fairly easily play around your team. With over 600 Attack without a boost, if it has a Band, it OHKOs every Pokemon on the team, except Donphan, who is IIRC 2HKOed and Skarm, who is OHKOed after Rocks if it gets a Guts boost. As such, I would recommend using Gliscor over Conkeldurr. It has vital Fighting, Bug, and Ground resistances/immunities as well as being neutral to Rock, and with Swords Dance can easily pose a threat. Your team would IMO benefit from this set most:

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

This set counters most Fighting types, checks most sand offence and can break through a large chunk of semi-stall teams.
Gliscor is not offensive enough as Conkeldurr.
And i dont have trouble with Conkeldurrs because i am faster with mz Latias and Volcarona. Both of them can OHKO or 2HKO Conkeldurr.

Well, I'd suggest switching out Latias for Latios. With 110 base speed and a Timid nature, few things outside of Starmie are going to be realistically hammering your SpD stat. I recognize that you prefer Latias's higher SpD to Latios's higher SpA, but taking hits is not part of a revenge killer's job- whereas those 20 extra points in SpA could net you a lot of extra OHKOs.

Really, the only reason to prefer Latias to Latios is if you want to CM, and since you already have a setup sweeper...

Since all of you think i should put Latios. Would it be a good move to put Choice Scarf on him instead. Because choice scarf could stop DD set uppers.
On the other hand i have never had problems with DD set uppers becuase i would send donphan and it usually ends in a double down. But with a Scarfed Latios i might not need to sac donphan. Anyways i really dont know what to do about this Latios/Latias problem. Please write your opinion about it.

Hey there.

First off, I suggest that you switch your Donphan's EV spread to 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe. While this may seem like a very unorthodox suggestion, it will greatly help your team out. Skarmory already serves the role of being your main physical wall, so fully investing in Defense on Donphan isn't necessary. Maximum Attack takes advantage of one of Donphan's greatest assets: its base 120 Attack stat. This lets Donphan easily KO many threats, and lets Donphan 2HKO every common spin-blocker. The 128 Speed EVs are key since they let Donphan outrun standard Jellicent, who will come in almost all of the time to spin-block, and 2HKO it extremely easily. Other spin-blockers, mainly Sableye, just won't have the bulk to take two consecutive Earthquakes from Donphan, even after burning it. The Wish support provided by Chansey makes the loss in bulk even less of a factor. This change will greatly help your against many teams, especially stall teams, as Rapid Spin support is very crucial to your team.

Also, run Psyshock on Latias over Surf. Surf isn't too beneficial to your team, as the main Pokemon that it hits is Heatran, which can be easily dealt with by the other half of your team; Volcarona can also score a surprise kill on it with Hidden Power Ground. By running Psyshock, Latias gains an another weapon against stall teams besides Trick. Psyshock can be very useful in softening up special walls (Blissey in particular) for your Volcarona, thus letting it have a much easier time sweeping late game.

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Hey there.

First off, I suggest that you switch your Donphan's EV spread to 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe. While this may seem like a very unorthodox suggestion, it will greatly help your team out. Skarmory already serves the role of being your main physical wall, so fully investing in Defense on Donphan isn't necessary. Maximum Attack takes advantage of one of Donphan's greatest assets: its base 120 Attack stat. This lets Donphan easily KO many threats, and lets Donphan 2HKO every common spin-blocker. The 128 Speed EVs are key since they let Donphan outrun standard Jellicent, who will come in almost all of the time to spin-block, and 2HKO it extremely easily. Other spin-blockers, mainly Sableye, just won't have the bulk to take two consecutive Earthquakes from Donphan, even after burning it. The Wish support provided by Chansey makes the loss in bulk even less of a factor. This change will greatly help your against many teams, especially stall teams, as Rapid Spin support is very crucial to your team.

Also, run Psyshock on Latias over Surf. Surf isn't too beneficial to your team, as the main Pokemon that it hits is Heatran, which can be easily dealt with by the other half of your team; Volcarona can also score a surprise kill on it with Hidden Power Ground. By running Psyshock, Latias gains an another weapon against stall teams besides Trick. Psyshock can be very useful in softening up special walls (Blissey in particular) for your Volcarona, thus letting it have a much easier time sweeping late game.

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!
Definitely will change the Donphan set since i have a very solid defensive bulk as a whole in myy team. I just have a problem about Latias/Latios. Should i keep Latias or put in a scarfed latios. I am still testing to see which option is the best.
So i wont change Latias's movepool until i have decided what type of Latias will i use. Or will i use just a scraf/specs latios.

The Volcarona with 6 HP EV's has 312 hp which makes it die to two stealth rock switch ins so you might want to dump it into def

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)