Ultimate Cup Round 2: The Salacious Sixteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Original Thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45216

Here we are, round two folks. Thirty-two of the best of the best have dwindled down to only sixteen fierce competetors. Who will make it to the next round? Only time will tell as the Ultimate Cup trudges on!

Standard Rules:

Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Evasion Clause
Species Clause (This includes your side team)
Tie Move Clause
Battle Timeout

The following Pokemon are banned: All ubers, Garchomp, Deoxys-S

Special Rules:

1. Each round will be played in a best of three format. Finals will be best of five. This means that you must beat your opponent two times in order to be declared the winner of a round and three times if it's the finals.

2. Each player must submit to me a team of six pokemon that they wish to be their "main team." They must also submit to me a "side team" that consists of six additional Pokemon.

3. The first battle in a given round MUST be played with using your main team. After that battle is done, you are free to substitute up to two Pokemon from your main team with Pokemon from your side team. If a third game is necessary, you are allowed two additional substitutions from your main team for Pokemon from your side team.

4. This is one of the most important rules. SETS ARE TO REMAIN CONSTANT WITHIN A ROUND. This means if you use Life Orb Tyranitar in the first match, you are bound to using only Life Orb Tyranitar for the remainder of the round. ITEM / NATURE / EV'S / IV'S / MOVE SET are all considered to be part of the set. If there is proof that you have changed your set at any time in the round, you will be disqualified without exception.

5. Sets do not, however, have to remain constant between rounds. If you used Life Orb Tyranitar round one, you are free to use Choice Band Tyranitar for round two.

6. Your main team and side team must remain constant throughout the tournament.

7. Scouting is expressly forbidden. If you are caught watching a battle you will be disqualified without exception. DON'T WATCH OTHER PEOPLE'S BATTLES. I'm even going to be alt checking names of spectators just to make sure no one tries to watch a battle under an alt. Just plain don't do it.

8. Logs must be sent to me via PM so that I can confirm teams. Only the winner must send me PMs. If you fail to send me a PM, you will have to redo your battles. This is probably the second most important rule.

Pairings:

TAY vs. Maniaclyrasist
Giga Punch vs. Havak (2-1)
Mien vs. Articanus (0-2)
Jackal vs. Husk (Active - Inactive)
imperfectluck vs. Fabbles (2-1)
JabbaTheGriffin vs. Brawley (Active - Inactive)
Earthworm vs. Veteran In Love (2-0)
Puggy vs. Dekzeh (0-2)

BRACKETED MATCHES HAVE TWO DAYS TO COMPLETE THEIR BATTLES. AND I MEAN EXACTLY TWO DAYS FROM THIS POST.

ALL OTHER MATCHES HAVE TWO WEEKS TO FINISH FROM THIS POST.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

(Tay vs. Darkie) vs. Maniaclyrasist
Giga Punch vs. (Warthog vs. Havak)
Mien vs. Articanus
Jackal vs. Husk
imperfectluck vs. Fabbles
JabbaTheGriffin vs. Brawley
Earthworm vs. (Atticus vs. Aeroblacktyl) - Good luck!
Puggy vs. Dekzeh

100% certain I shall be the underdog once again

Okay prediction time

(Tay vs. Darkie) vs. Maniaclyrasist Not biast =p
Giga Punch vs. (Warthog vs. Havak) Warthog is cool but Giga Punch is most likely going to come out on top
Mien vs. Articanus Guess really
Jackal vs. Husk Meh
imperfectluck vs. Fabbles IPL is good
JabbaTheGriffin vs. Brawley Sorry Brawley =(
Earthworm vs. (Atticus vs. Aeroblacktyl) It would be awesome if he pulled this off though Earthworm is not to be underestimated
Puggy vs. Dekzeh - Good luck :toast:

Just a quick question, would I be able to sumit a new main team complete with a new side team? Just curious if that's actaully possible.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Mien vs. Articanus
Jackal vs. Husk - This could really go either way, but Jackal will pull out some hax to come from behind.
imperfectluck vs. Fabbles - All star Fabbles.
Earthworm vs. (Atticus vs. Aeroblacktyl)
Puggy vs. Dekzeh

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Will PM Puggy when I get back home.

Mien vs. Articanus
Jackal vs. Husk
Puggy vs. Dekzeh

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm bored, so predictions I shall make. Italic = bracket win, Bold = win

Mien vs. Articanus
Jackal vs. Husk
Puggy vs. Dekzeh

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mien vs. Articanus
Jackal vs. husk
Puggy vs. Dekzeh

Good luck to everyone!

Mien vs. Articanus
Jackal vs. Husk
Puggy vs. Dekzeh

Mien vs. Articanus
Jackal vs. Husk
Puggy vs. Dekzeh

My predictions. I don't even care if I wasn't chosen in the tournament, since I wasn't known by the maker of the tournament.

Mien vs. Articanus Fuck Yeah!
Jackal vs. Husk
Puggy vs. Dekzeh

Good luck to all!

100% certain I shall be the underdog once again
dude, have you even checked the predictions for my matches?!?!?!
(btw, thank you Olie!)
<=O

He's just amazing like that.

He's a towel. *shrug*

Mien vs. Articanus

Good luck.

Jackal vs. Husk

Again, just a pure beast.

I know you can!

I want you too! You have no choice in the matter!

Never played the other two I don't believe.

Puggy vs. Dekzeh

Gogogo underdog! XD

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
TAY vs. Maniaclyrasist - should be close but I don't think Maniac knows what "lose" means
Giga Punch vs. (Warthog vs. Havak) - never faced team trials partner or the towel but wouldn't be surprised at all!
Mien vs. Articanus - Mien is consistent but I don't underestimate the power of Azumarill.
Jackal vs. Husk - Good night Canada!
imperfectluck vs. Fabbles - Good luck, never battled ipl before so that's nice.
JabbaTheGriffin vs. Brawley - Sorry Jabba, Brawley is my tutor (and a beast)!
Earthworm vs. (Atticus vs. Aeroblacktyl) - Haha hopefully the legendary EW vs MoP tournament match up will occur. I believe EW won the last so I'll go for MoP this time.
Puggy vs. Dekzeh - Never seen Puggy, and big D is really good

Most of these are just coin flips at this point but hey whats the fun in that?

Will be pming imperfectluck later in the week, just a little too busy at the moment.

Good luck to all!

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I and darkie played our first match today. We will be finishing up tomorrow.

EDIT: I won the first match, and darkie forgot that we are only allowed to use two subs in the next one. So as much as I hate to win that way, I guess I get to play Maniac now.

I forfeit against TAY. We had our second battle (which I won 5-0 ^_^), but I had subbed out three pokemon. I totally missed reading about the part where we could only sub two. so, TAY wins!

I'm sorry you had to go that way Darkie! =[

anyhow, I'm now PMing Mien for our match. Also, LonelyNess, could you put descriptions of the sixteen contenders back up? It was really cool in the first round and the title is especially cool for the second round, but otherwise it's missing in substance. Possibly include upsets and stuff. =3

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
jabba i said no trolling, and im not going to make any acceptions now. you are getting annoyed.

i hope you can except how i feel about this.

I apologize for not getting on but my video card is dieing out and I dont think I can afford to replace it anytime soon. I'm gonna just give Havak the win so he has more time getting this done. gl to the rest of the ppl that made it to round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)