Ultimate Cup Semi-finals: The Fabulous Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here we are, the semi-finals. The competition is really heating up. Who will make it to the top 2?

Standard Rules:

Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Evasion Clause
Species Clause (This includes your side team)
Tie Move Clause
Battle Timeout

The following Pokemon are banned: All ubers, Garchomp, Deoxys-S

Special Rules:

1. Each round will be played in a best of three format. Finals will be best of five. This means that you must beat your opponent two times in order to be declared the winner of a round and three times if it's the finals.

2. Each player must submit to me a team of six pokemon that they wish to be their "main team." They must also submit to me a "side team" that consists of six additional Pokemon.

3. The first battle in a given round MUST be played with using your main team. After that battle is done, you are free to substitute up to two Pokemon from your main team with Pokemon from your side team. If a third game is necessary, you are allowed two additional substitutions from your main team for Pokemon from your side team.

4. This is one of the most important rules. SETS ARE TO REMAIN CONSTANT WITHIN A ROUND. This means if you use Life Orb Tyranitar in the first match, you are bound to using only Life Orb Tyranitar for the remainder of the round. ITEM / NATURE / EV'S / IV'S / MOVE SET are all considered to be part of the set. If there is proof that you have changed your set at any time in the round, you will be disqualified without exception.

5. Sets do not, however, have to remain constant between rounds. If you used Life Orb Tyranitar round one, you are free to use Choice Band Tyranitar for round two.

6. Your main team and side team must remain constant throughout the tournament.

7. Scouting is expressly forbidden. If you are caught watching a battle you will be disqualified without exception. DON'T WATCH OTHER PEOPLE'S BATTLES. I'm even going to be alt checking names of spectators just to make sure no one tries to watch a battle under an alt. Just plain don't do it.

8. Logs must be sent to me via PM so that I can confirm teams. Only the winner must send me PMs. If you fail to send me a PM, you will have to redo your battles. This is probably the second most important rule.

Pairings:

Articanus vs. Imperfectluck (0-2)
TAY vs. Giga Punch (1-2)

Let's have a good round, guys. May the best man win!

DEADLINE IS SET FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER THIS POST, BUT WE SHOULDN'T NEED THAT LONG FOR ONLY TWO BATTLES.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Articanus vs. Imperfectluck - I don't underestimate Articanus, but it will be nearly impossible for anyone to win battles 2 or 3 versus ipl...
TAY vs. Giga Punch - TAY is great, but Giga Punch is super_great.
IPL wins another tournament!

It was nice knowing ya'll!

Damnit he found me and he won the first match. Not good.

Fuck I suck. creamed me 2-0 in some of the most onesided games ever

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ipl please dont let giga punch win oh my god 8)

to think it could have been me ...

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heh I told TAY he'd win last round! Win again TAY!

edit- damn jabba x( .... well I told him he'd win two rounds ago!

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, can someone close this? Dont' battle, IPL and Giga... I've got something cool planned for the finals thread. I should post it by tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)