Ultimate D/P EV Training Guide

Ok guys I have been pretty busy because Christmas is coming up so soon, first year in our new house and relatives are coming over so yeah we have stuff to do. I will edit it when I have more consecutive free time and I'll make sure I fix my grammatical errors.

I'll see what I can do about the overall tone but does anyone else see as issue with it? I mean from what I can tell its pretty informative and for the most part, gramatically correct.

You should also say in th attacki EVs section that Gyarados are found in Twinleaf town too with teh Super Rod. You should also say Seeaking can be found with the Super Rod.

EDIT:

Training Speed

The best way is using the Versus Seeker. On Route 205, you will find many fishermen fishing. (You get to Route 205 by exiting Eterna City via the eastern exit.) Challenege the second fisherman from the right, Fisherman Andrew. He has 6 Magikarps that give 1 Speed EV each.

There is however another good training area. You will find the training area east of the Survival area. Head east of the Poke center until you find a place you can rock climb. Climb up, and you are on the ledges.

Here you will find Fearows and Raicates, both of which give 2 speed Ev points each. You also (Though much more rarely) find their pre-evolved forms, Rattata and Spearow, who offer 1 EV point each.

The reason EV training here is not as effective as fighting Fisherman Andrew, is the lack of a 100% encounter rate. You will find that Golduck and Machoke are farily commonly found here. Though this makes the location inferior to Fisherman Andrw, it is still a good place to train.
western. Challenge. Raticates. Andrew.

Training Special Attack

The best place to train this is in the Resort Area. In this small little town you will find a small pool of water near the bottom right-hand corner of the town. In this pool of water you may surf, and find Golducks. These guys give a generous 2 EV points for everyone you faint. On top of that, they are a 100% encounter rate.

Another place you may train special attack is in the Old Chateau, though it is only worth it if you have a GBA Pokemon game.

Here you will find Gastlys that give 1 special attack EV each. If you have a GBA game inserted into your DS, you will also encounter Haunter and Genagr. These guys give 2 and 3 special attack EVs respectively.
small, little. Surf. Gengar.

A few other places I've noted to do EV training.

Eterna Forest is good for Defense if you've got FireRed or LeafGreen in your second slot, as both Metapod/Kakuna and Silcoon/Cascoon give 2 def EVs.

Route 227 is also nice for Defense EVs, with Graveler, Skarmory, and Weezing giving 2 and Rhyhorn giving 1.

Route 225 can be good for speed with both Raticate and Fearow (who give 2 EVs).

When EV'ing for attack you can also go to Route 209 and chain some Machops. I recommend that only for the people who are good at chaining, because 50% of the time are Geodudes which are annoying.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
When I train for speed, I always go into Victory Road (using Rock Climb and Surf) and on the way to where Shayman's Rock is, there is some water that you can Surf on inside of the cave. Golbat appears 100% of the time (2 Speed EVs each)

Dr. Mudkip, What can I say, nice Guide, however I recommend adding in Alt. EV locations for Pokes that cannot beat others. For example trying to EV train a Torkoal in Attack won't work in Twinleaf as Gyra and Seaking both rape him throughly.

I suggest adding in the level ranges of the pokes you find in those locations, and offer lower or higher level locations for those with higher level pokes with the need of EV training. EV training new hatches can be a pain when they only thing they can beat is Bidoof's e.t.c

Also Quick Question, I heard that if you have an Exp. Share on a poke, they also gain EV's? Is this true?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dr. Mudkip, What can I say, nice Guide, however I recommend adding in Alt. EV locations for Pokes that cannot beat others. For example trying to EV train a Torkoal in Attack won't work in Twinleaf as Gyra and Seaking both rape him throughly.

I suggest adding in the level ranges of the pokes you find in those locations, and offer lower or higher level locations for those with higher level pokes with the need of EV training. EV training new hatches can be a pain when they only thing they can beat is Bidoof's e.t.c

Also Quick Question, I heard that if you have an Exp. Share on a poke, they also gain EV's? Is this true?
The Pokémon with the EXP. Share gets the regular amount of EVs from the Pokémon defeated. PokéRus and Power Items/Macho Brace won't be passed on. So if the Pokémon you beat only gave 1 EV, and the Pokémon you beat it with had a Power Item and PokéRus, your Pokémon with the EXP. Share would still get 1 EV.

Nice article, quite useful to me since I only started EV training recently.

One thing you could add in is that when EV training you might want to turn battle animations off to speed through the training quicker.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but about PokeRUS... When your Pokemon is active with PokeRUS, it -is- contagious and can spread it to other members of your party. However, I remember reading somewhere that even if it has passive PokeRUS (the PokeRUS icon changes to a smiley face looking symbol), it's not contagious but the effects of PokeRUS still affect that one Pokemon.

I think you got your east and west mixed up in some parts of the guide
EDIT: Gyaras arent 100% with a super rod near fight area, ive caught octillery before

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I've heard that on cycling road, third trainer from the top there's a guy with two Staraptor (6 Atk EV's) The catch is that on some games (Mine ;_; ) he has two staravia instead. (dead serious...)

Anyway, just an alternate option if you're EVing something relying on Ice Beams or something...

Milotic @ Salac Berry

Timid

EVs In Speed and Defense

Ice Beam
Hypnosis
Recover
Hydro Pump

I'm quite sure that Palmer's Milotic has Dragon Pulse, not Ice Beam. That said, this means you can safely lead with Garchomp against Palmer. Dragon Pulse doesn't OHKO Chomp, but Outrage will be a 2HKO on Milotic. Trust me, I speak from experience.

But I doubt this information will be of much consequence anyway, since this isn't a Battle Tower Guide.

Just a small note, but in Pastoria, Tentacool aren't 100%. Many times you will find Wingull, and also an occasional Tentacruel.

Regards,

~M51

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks as if there could be some nitpicks done to this guide (encounter rate fixes, and it looks as if one of the movesets is wrong). I don't think it's ready to be htmlized until someone who has a wealthy knowledge of ingame proofreads this.

Just a small thing about cornflake's comment a while ago - if you hold Alt Gr and then press any of the vowels, it will appear like this:

áéíóú

Just a small tip for the future.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you would like, I can incorprate all of the suggestion into this guide so it can be HTMLized.

Edit: Ok ghandi

For HP in Pokémon Platinum, the two Tubers on Route 203 give 3 HP EVs (Azumarril) and 3-6 HP EVs (three Shellos/Gastrodon) respectively. One of them is named Tuber Jared, but I cannot remember the name of the other Tuber. They're right next to a healing location (the booked hotel) and they're right next to each other, making HP training pretty easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)