SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their abilities are set, for example, Totemsized Lurantis will always have Leaf Guard.
Other than that and size, there is no difference. Not even in Pokedex size and weight, if Im correct.
Do you know if we can have several Totemsized Pokemon and if we can breed them for keeping the size ?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Totem-Sized Pokémon are counted as being in the Undiscovered Egg Group so they cannot be bred. Having more of them is a possibility if you can find a lot of Totem Stickers
This is also false. It was tested and they can be bred, but the offspring will not be Totem-sized.

966 - Lurantis 1 - 966 (Stage: 2)
======
Base Stats: 070.105.090.080.090.045 (BST: 480)
EV Yield: 0.2.0.0.0.0
Abilities: Leaf Guard (1) | Leaf Guard (2) | Contrary (H)
Type: Grass
Item 1 (50%):
Item 2 (5%): Miracle Seed
Item 3 (1%):
EXP Group: Medium-Fast
Egg Group: Grass
Hatch Cycles: 020
Height: 01.5 m, Weight: 058.0 kg, Color: Pink
Move Tutors: Bug Bite, Dual Chop, Signal Beam, Seed Bomb, Superpower, Snore, Knock Off, Synthesis, Giga Drain, Worry Seed, Defog, Laser Focus

This is also false. It was tested and they can be bred, but the offspring will not be Totem-sized.
What a bummer, would have been fun to have oversized babies :(

By the way, as a minor detail, I've looked at the datamined tutor moves and I noticed Mega Evolutions 'can' learn tutor moves even though they are never going to be in that form when you are teaching the move. It's kinda neat.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tagging Nexus since the faulty file has not been replaced yet in the first post, and someone above asked again about Silvally and the Pledge Moves. This should clear up such questions.
Thanks just in general if you guys want something added to the OP tag me in the thread, I don't read every page/post. Fixed the link and added ultra wormhole color stuff.

What a bummer, would have been fun to have oversized babies :(

By the way, as a minor detail, I've looked at the datamined tutor moves and I noticed Mega Evolutions 'can' learn tutor moves even though they are never going to be in that form when you are teaching the move. It's kinda neat.
Yeah, that's the type of counter measure GF always puts in. It's sort of like how all Megas have overworld animations (walking and running) in the code of SM/USUM, as does Ultra Necrozma, and why Arceus used to have a ??? Form. They know that people will start modding the games to behave in ways they're not supposed to, and/or that glitches could happen that cause things to go awry, so they throw in stuff like this so the games don't crash or glitch out.

why did they make necrozma's catch rate 255 and does that include while in his ultra form? i do like that all ub's catch rate got changed to 45 except for the new ones

why did they make necrozma's catch rate 255? i do like that all ub's catch rate got changed to 45 except for the new ones
Forced catch, most likely.

Kinda like Pheromosa and Kartana have a catch rate of 255 in Sun/Moon because you have to catch four and you have a limited amount of Beast Balls.

Necrozma is not in a place where you are compeled to deal with the bullshit a catch rate of 3 involves.

Then again, a catch rate of 3 is never an enjoyable experience. Just RNG nerve grinding.

Necrozma is not in a place where you are compeled to deal with the bullshit a catch rate of 3 involves.

Then again, a catch rate of 3 is never an enjoyable experience. Just RNG nerve grinding.
i think it had been better if they had buffed it up to like 50 or 60, so still a little challenging but not ridiculously easy or hard

yea but imagine trying to catch something powerful like ultra necrozma and only having a catch rate of 3. for how strong it is i think a slight change to its catch would have been good
I think it's good if they give you a chance to save first and don't give the Pokémon some shit like Perish Song. Or, if the encounter is after a hard battle, they give you a chance to rebattle the legend.

I like catch rates of 3, idk.
10% chance of catching it after maximizing your odds. So, playing well is not consistently rewarded, while blind luck is.

Something with a catch rate of 15 (Volcarona) ends up with a 50% chance of capture after maximizing your odds, and something with a catch rate of 25 (Snorlax) ends up with a 78% chance, again, after maximizing odds. So the lower catch rates are just bullshitting stuff up.

I think it's good if they give you a chance to save first and don't give the Pokémon some shit like Perish Song. Or, if the encounter is after a hard battle, they give you a chance to rebattle the legend.
Well, and now you tell me how you get a good nature and IV combo on a legendary.

10% chance of catching it after maximizing your odds. So, playing well is not consistently rewarded, while blind luck is.

Something with a catch rate of 15 (Volcarona) ends up with a 50% chance of capture after maximizing your odds, and something with a catch rate of 25 (Snorlax) ends up with a 78% chance, again, after maximizing odds. So the lower catch rates are just bullshitting stuff up.
The calculations I'm getting for Volcarona is a 67% chance of being caught by a maxed Timer Ball if it's asleep. Under the same situation, a Pokemon with a catch rate of 3 has a terrible 20% chance of being caught by a maxed Timer Ball.

A catch rate of 15 should be the bare minimum for any Pokemon, as it strongly rewards catching strategy. A catch rate of 3 only rewards being stocked of Poke Balls like crazy.

Well, and now you tell me how you get a good nature and IV combo on a legendary.
With patience.

You're not catching Ultra Necrozma, just regular Necrozma... I think.
Correct.

It's odd that they went this far when even the forced capture legends only had 45. Maybe they figured the player had earned an easy fight or might be bored of fighting Necrozma, considering that the time you catch it is the third fight with it. Or maybe they want you to use Beast Balls on it -- can you have them by the time you can first catch Necrozma?

Also noteworthy: they changed Reshiram and Zekrom's catch rates in ORAS to account for them not being forced captures, but apparently haven't done the same with Xerneas, Yveltal or Rayquaza this time around.

I am not sure how to use the third item to make Necrozma go to its Ultra forme.
You give it to Dawn Wings or Dusk Mane Necrozma, at which point it's basically a Mega Stone.

Does anybody know USUM's compatibility with the Sun/Moon demo? I'm obviously asking because of Ash-Greninja. Is it possible to get another one for USUM in-game? Or do I have to trade it over from SM? The Ash-Greninja I got has a bad nature and I didn't have the foresight to SR for a good one.

Does anybody know USUM's compatibility with the Sun/Moon demo? I'm obviously asking because of Ash-Greninja. Is it possible to get another one for USUM in-game? Or do I have to trade it over from SM? The Ash-Greninja I got has a bad nature and I didn't have the foresight to SR for a good one.
You have to put Ash-Greninja into Poké Bank and then transfer it over

How early can you get the older-gen fossils? I'm considering using Kabuto if you can get then early enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)