SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Story Spoilers

Gladion going to Kanto and Johto to train is pretty interesting. Pretty much reversed roles with Lillie.

Last edited:
Lusamine is still evil evil-ish

Maxie, Archie, Lysandre, Cyrus did succeed in their plans but they all say the moment they succeeded, they got transported to "this world". From Maxi and Archie's dialogues, I THINK they actually own Kyogre and Groudon

Apparently, you use rental Pokemon from Battlr Agency at the beginning of Rainbow Rocket quest instead of your own

Giovanni kidnaps Lusamine

Faba helps Giovanni

Hau actually captures a UB (Burst/ Assembly) but he gives them to Ultra Reacon

Last edited:
From what I can glean, Mina's final trial involves visiting all of the earlier trial captains and battling them for a colored petal (except Nanu is there in Acerola's place), which is put together at the end for a Rainbow Flower to summon Totem Ribombee. Seems like a much better send-off than the literal nothing trial SM ended on. It does seem like it might make the endgame a bit boss-heavy, though- from what I can tell, you fight Hapu right after this and then go off to the E4. So that's over 10 boss fights clumped right at the end.

Also, sounds like Hau is the final battle, not Kukui.

Strange Souvenir is modelled after Tapu Bulu

Colress creates the device for Necrozma fusion

There is a Colress and Ghetsis confrontation

Some evil leaders' teams change depending on your version. And their teams have some very interesting members

Elite 4 is Accelora, Kahili, Olivia and Molayne. Hala is no longer an E4

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq
So is it just me or do Zossie and Phyco not have any teams at all? All I can see, according to the trainer dump, is Soliera and Dulse, battleable several times, each with a Poipole (strangely enough, with no moves at all). And one slot has them but with lv 13 Furfrous. I really hope Zossie and Phyco get to battle, because I always hate seeing important NPCs without any pokemon at all.

edit: from text dump "we do not use Pokémon of our own" said by Dulse. So... I guess none of them have any pokemon?? I could have sworn I saw one of them using a Poipole in the trailers...

also, the solgaleo/lunala you ride in ultra space is not yours, it's ultra recon squad's. makes sense, considering you dont own any of the other pokeride pokemon.

Rainbow Rocket takes over Festival Plaza.

It seems that Araquanid replaces Wishiwashi as the Totem of Brooklet Hill.

"I’ll give you a Pikachu that knows Surf!"

HELL YES!

It seems that you get a Pikachu that knows Surf as a reward for getting the top points in all of the Mantine surf areas.

Last edited:
According to the livestream; you face Dawn Mane/Dusk Wings Necrozma, travel through Ultra Space, and then get to Ultra Megalopolis. There, you face Ultra Necrozma, and after defeating it, you receive Poipole. But, don’t worry, soft reseters; you can deny the Poipole, save the game...and then rinse and repeat the process for God knows how long.

You don’t face Mina until AFTER you face Necrozma.

According to the livestream; you face Dawn Mane/Dusk Wings Necrozma, travel through Ultra Space, and then get to Ultra Megalopolis. There, you face Ultra Necrozma, and after defeating it, you receive Poipole. But, don’t worry, soft reseters; you can deny the Poipole, save the game...and then rinse and repeat the process for God knows how long.

You don’t face Mina until AFTER you face Necrozma.
What level is the Poipole? Would it be eligible for LC?

Watching the stream mentioned above, some details about the Ribombee totem (which I was pretty iffy about for a final totem before):
-Level 55
-Its totem boost sharply raises all its stats
-Knows Dazzling Gleam/Quiver Dance at least
-Its advanced partner (for those unaware, totems only summon their more dangerous partner if under 2/3 HP) is a Level 53 Blissey that knows Helping Hand/Light Screen/Dazzling Gleam

Still not entirely sure Ribombee is strong enough to be a final totem, but +2 to everything is a damn hefty boost.

EDIT: Ok, so Mt. Lanakila has been expanded a fair bit. Not huge by any means, but actually works as a final dungeon this time, complete with trainers. Gladion is fought before entering, but Hau is not fought at the top anymore (for obvious reasons).

Also, Necrozma is fought in the middle of Lanakila in its normal form. I wasn't watching earlier, so I'm not sure if it's possible to catch Necrozma when the plot is happening, but it can definitely be caught here.

Last edited:
so do we know the rocket story yet
Giovanni wants to assemble an army (of strong Pokemon/ UB) to rule worldS (plural)

All the villain leaders get transported to this world the moment their plans succeed (bar Ghetsis, i think). They all own legendary Pokemon from their game.

The leaders want pretty much the same thing but some are more "woke" than others.

When you travel through Ultra Space and visit the UB's home world, do you battle them or are they just handed to you? I've been hearing rumors that they're gift mons or something (which I hope not).

So it looks like we can now obtain the Trial guide cap and tee. We get it as a gift after we do Ilima a favor and place a Normalium Z on the pedestal at Ilima's trial site. This happens some time after the player completes Ilima's trial. Hopefully, we get more special outfits.

It also looks like there are new obtainable hairstyles, probably post main-game. I'm assuming that short and layered and short and tousled are for the male protagonist and flipped-out bob and braided tails are for the female protagonist.

So it seems like you find the non-Assembly/Burst UBs by flying back into the wormhole at the Altar of the Sun/Moon and riding on Lunala into various other wormholes (probably Solgaleo in Ultra Sun). The first time they did it they flew into the "Ultra Deep Sea", the pocket dimension from SM where Nihilego resides, and fought and could presumably catch it.

The next time, they were taken into a watery area similar to Brooklet Hill, with a linear path that lead to a rumbling under the water. What fearsome UB lay under it? It was... Floatzel?!?!? ...yeah, so I'm not sure how this works exactly, but it seems like you can also use this to find a bunch of other random Pokemon (I've seen Drapion and Heliolisk as well so far). Not really sure how much use this aspect of wormhole riding has, seems pretty random. The game mentioned something about rare wormholes which is what I presume the UBs are behind, but I'm not sure if the UBs are found in a fixed order through these, or just random.

EDIT: So, uh, they got to what I think is a rare hole (larger, had a black outline around it), and found a shiny Sigilyph! Not sure if that was dumb luck or if this is a new shiny hunting method.

EDIT 2: And next time they found a hole like that, it was Celesteela's dimension. This seems annoyingly random if you want a specific UB...

Last edited:
Will the evil leaders have 6 team members with their respective legendary pokemon with a competitive moveset?
They have the cover legends from their respective games. They are EVed with 252 in one of the attacking stats and either HP or Speed so good EVs in general. Movesets aren't smogon level competitive but definitely boss fight worthy.

They have the cover legends from their respective games. They are EVed with 252 in one of the attacking stats and either HP or Speed so good EVs in general. Movesets aren't smogon level competitive but definitely boss fight worthy.
Finally a fucking challenge from a pokemon game. Hopefully they don't hold back.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This may be more fitting for datamine discussion in some ways, but there's no way to find this out without story spoilers so I'm going to ask here: Do we know all the obtainable totem-like Pokemon? This is going to sound silly, but I'm curious if the higher weight of some of them might be handy against Celesteela Heavy Slams, so I'm curious which ones are actually obtainable rofl.

Also interested in their moves known. I'm sadly expecting they won't have egg moves, so stuff like Salazzle will be neutered (well for doubles at least), and it also gives your foe good info. Still curious though!

This may be more fitting for datamine discussion in some ways, but there's no way to find this out without story spoilers so I'm going to ask here: Do we know all the obtainable totem-like Pokemon? This is going to sound silly, but I'm curious if the higher weight of some of them might be handy against Celesteela Heavy Slams, so I'm curious which ones are actually obtainable rofl.

Also interested in their moves known. I'm sadly expecting they won't have egg moves, so stuff like Salazzle will be neutered (well for doubles at least), and it also gives your foe good info. Still curious though!
I don't know which Totem is actually obtainable but you can find their info here: https://projectpokemon.org/research/usum/personal_entries.txt

Ctrl F their names and those in the nine hundreds are them. They have egg groups so they can probably breed but whether the offspring will be Totem or not is unknown.

So, where can the move tutors be found? And, how can I use those tutors? BP? Shards? I heard a rumor that Mantine surfing can be used to get tutor moves. I want to know if I can actually use those tutor moves ingame, unlike ORAS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)