Unbreakable ~(Defensive Sand Team)~

Hi everybody!
I've been playing pokemon since I was a little kid and I keep doing it with the same nice feeling.
I started with the videogames and it was so fun, but slowly I was feeling more and more interested in the competitive side of the game.
After trying few play styles, I found in the sand my niche due my Tyranitar fixation in this weather-dominated metagame.

Here we goes with the RMT!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice scarf
trait: sand stream
E.V.'s: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Superpower

Here is my weather inducer and a kind of revenge killer/trapper.
It works wonders under the sand as it takes little damage from heavy hitters like genesect, heatran, or thundurus-T.
And as it goes scarfed it can deal nice OHKOs to things like starmie, latios/as and gengar trapping them, or stone eadging things like weakened dragonites, gyarados, unboosted salamences...
It can cover a lot of stuff and does a good work at what it does.~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heatran (M) @ leftovers
trait: flash fire
E.V.'s: 248 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 10 Spd
Careful Nature (+SpDef, -Atk)
-Stealth rock
-Substitute
-Roar
-Lava plume

I use Heatran as a check to many poke, and due it's great spDef does it pretty well.
As it forces many switches it's very easy lay the rocks or put a substitute and try to burn the counter with lava plume.
Really love it and how it works

Latias (F) @ life orb
trait: levitate
E.V.'s: 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/6 HP
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco meteor

I've been using her blue counterpart for a long time with the same moveset , but didn't like his live quick, die young phylosophy, so I cut his blue thing and painted red his body (don't ask her for his old life).
I like to heavy smash everything that doesn't resist draco meteor.
Latias is a great response to those rain and sun teams that try to ruin my fun.

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky helmet
trait: Sturdy
E.V.'s: 252 HP/ 232 Def/ 24 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind
-Brave bird

It's harder and harder set up the spikes in this highly agressive metagame, so if I can release one or a couple of lays, I feel satisfied enough.
Skarmory is also a good response to those annoying gliscors that try to stall me , or those boosted Scizors or Terrakions demanding be whirlwinded... and of course to those outrage locked dragons that like to stamp it's heads aganist my rocky helmet again and again while I'm using roost.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic orb
trait: Poison heal
E.V.'s: 252 HP/ 184 Def/ 72 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
-Protect
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Earthquake

Wow! This thing is so GOOD that must be banned! Not only have a fantastic typing, it also have a godsend ability in poison heal making it almost unstatusable.
It can switch into the electric, earth, and fighting attacks. It's completly walled by skarmory, steel types with an untouched air ballon, Bronzong, Xatu and other poison heal gliscors.
The first time I've see this set didn't like it too much because the lack of coverage......until I tryed.
With this set, gliscor is so annoying that it makes cry. Being able of switching often to a large portion of the metagame to poison it is simply amazing.
Every player should give it a try to quickly fall in love with it.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
trait: water absorb
E.V.'s: 248 HP/ 144 Def/ 44 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Taunt
-Will-o-wisp
-Recover
-Night shade

And last but not least my spin blocker. This guy is so great aganist most rain teams. It can shut down many annoying pokes with taunt and leave a nice burn.
As I dind't put any E.V. on SpAtk I'm using nigth shade for fix damage.

I've been testing this team for a while with great succes!
Well. That's all! Any rate would be appreciated.
I wouldn't finish without congratulating Smogon for the hard work it's doing for the pokemon fans like all of us.
And at last but not least I would apologize for my bad english as it's not my mother language.
Thankyou everybody!

Hi, there

Very solid team, the first thing I notice is that Jellicent missing some evs, I personally recommend this spread evs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd. The 96 evs in Spd allow you to always exceed other Jellicent and use Taunt to lock, as well as to outrun other wall of the kind of Blissey, Chansey and Amoonguss for example, also with 180 of SPD can overcome Scizor in most cases using Will-o-Wisp, thus avoiding having to change the subject and Pokemon Pursuit.

For if you keep Skarmory Rocky Helmet Brave Bird in my opinion is not good, because you do not have the support of Leftovers that makes you recover some of the recoil, and with Rocky Helmet, counting the damage from Stealth Rock in my opinion would be better Drill Peck> Brave Bird if you want to keep Brave Bird would say that is better to use Leftovers> Rocky Helmet, another tool that could be useful to Skarmory Shed Shell is so as not to get trapped and killed by Magnezone, but in this case it would be better to keep Drill Peck.

For Latias would give this spread Evs: 72 HP / 180 SAtk / 252 Spd Timid, so can you resist Venusaur Sludge Bomb and +2 to kill him, not to mention that resists very best in Rock Polish Landorus and Keldeo.

For the moveset with Substitute Heatran would be more convenient to have Protect to stall even better and scouting of opponents' moves Pokemon, if you feel comfortable leave it as it is, otherwise I think it could be there instead of Substitute Protect precisely, but it is a what optional.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i like this team! would -maybe- try SpD Jirachi over Heatran since you already have three bulky fire resists in Ttar, Latias and Jellicent - Jirachi can give you a better answer to Lati@s who could pose a serious problem just through Dragon move + Surf as it stands and can also offer Wish support which is always handy. Heatran is a good fit too though so whatever.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
hi there,

I dont have much to say honestly other than what green already said (in particular, i stress the different spread for jellicent and the change on heatran) but i think that you can try out a different set for latias.
In my opinion your team can benefit more from a bulky calm mind latias other than your current version. For sure LO Latias has better coverage, better offensive presence overall, but i think that a sub cm version would let you have an easier time against rain teams in general, in particular against rain stall teams, being able to boost with calm mind against water moves. Also, Jellicent wont like being toxic by a tentacruel or politoed, neither Latias, so i think that if you use sub cm latias you can fix this status problem, being able to set up on those things commonly used in rain stall teams. It can also act as a better win condition, since your team relies too much on hazards to damage your opponent in my opinion. Honestly you dont have that much to fear against scizor, tyranitar or special defensive jirachi, which can counter her well, since your team handles them with easy, heatran can kill scizor and jirachi, jellicent and skarmory doesnt give a shit about haxchi, and tyranitar is walled depending on his moveset. Remember the change on your spread for jellicent. Its very very important for you to outspeed any cbtar to burn them before they can crunch you, and the same is for scizor, since they cna maybe outspeed you and kill with pursuit. Thats it, strong team btw!

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello.

This is a very solid Sandstall team you have here, and I like the way you're using this extremely difficult playstyle in a metagame filled with Hyper Offensive rain teams, and you've somehow seemed to make it work, so kudos. Anyways, on to the rate. First, I would like to agree with Lee's suggestion of using a Special Defensive Jirachi. As previously stated by Lee, you already have solid answers to fire types in Jellicent, Latias and Tyranitar. It also looks like that this team seems to need some Wish support and Jirachi is an excellent candidate for the position. Now, onto some nitpicks I would like to make. On Jellicent, I would like to recommend using Toxic and Scald in place of your current moveset choices of Will-O-Wisp and Night Shade. Toxic heps you cripple opposing threats such as Latias, and Hippowdon. Scalds 30% burn rate is always nice and is a solid STAB move that can help you against such Physical threats such as Terrakion (which can sweep your entire team after 1 Swords Dance and one Rock Polish.) Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!

Jirachi @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Serene Grace

Nature: Careful - EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd

- Body Slam
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Hi there.
It is a very solid and very effective team, I can't really rate your team because it seems very correct, but I see a little weakness against Reuniclus because even if you possess Tyranitar, Reuniclus Bulky is 2HKO by Crunch and can kill Tyranitar with Focus Blast, after it can recover and finish, after a Calm mind + Crunch, Latias does kill not Reuniclus with Draco Meteor (252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. + 1 252 HP / 4) SpD Reuniclus: 203-239 (47.87 - 56.36%) - 31.25% chance to 2HKO) (252 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252 + Def Reuniclus: 234-276 (55.18 - 65.09%) - guaranteed 2HKO) Reuniclus can resist with Leftovers and Magic Guard, then Jellicent is 2HKO by Psyshock after a Calm mind if you come to taunt + Night Shade (+ 1 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 248 HP 0 / 0 Def Jellicent: 210-247 (52.1 - 61.29%) - 96.09% chance to 2HKO)I suggest you swap Latias in Roar Cm in this set Latias is a very good pokemon for your team, it can easily set up on Reuniclus and the phaze with Roar to finish the team because it 3HKO-2HKO-OHKO all the pokemons after 6 Calm mind then it is more resistant against Rotom-W (Volt Switch/Hydropump).

Then I suggest you swap Rocky Helmet with Leftovers on Skarmory because with Rocky Helmet + Brave bird you are very disadvantaged for stall after.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roar
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Tl;dr
Latias--->CM Roar
Skarmory--->Leftovers

Hope I Helped and Good Luck with your Team.

~Leftiez

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)