1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Under Underused-The unexpected

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Paragon189, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Paragon189

Paragon189

Hi guys. This is my first RMT. This team is pretty good and has had some great wins along with some great streaks. This is my first UU team that I created and I came back to it. Well, here's my UU team. Changes in bold.

MY UU TEAM

[​IMG]
    Blade (Sceptile) @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Leaf Blade
    - Earthquake
    - Acrobatics
    This is Sceptile's heaviest hitting set even though his attack is lower than his special attack. Sceptile can be switched in to a resisted moving, force a switch and set up a SD. There's not much else to say, except that Sceptile is really good and nails tons of KOs. Earthquake nails steels and fire types. Leaf Blade is stab move. Acrobatics takes care of a lot of threats, and Sceptile gets an Unburden boost after using the Flying gem.

[​IMG]
    Liger (Raikou) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - HP Ice
    - Subsitute
    - Calm Mind
    The standard SubCM Raikou set. Raikou is my main Flygon and Gligar and Nidoking(queen) counter. It outspeeds them both and OHKOs them with an HP Ice, letting my other pokemon sweep. It has great synergy with Sceptile. Sceptile takes care of the Ground types that bug Raikou and Raikou takes care of alot of Sceptile's weaknesses. After Raikou gets a Subsitute and a few CMs off, then it sweeps teams.

[​IMG]

Cactus (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Waterfall
    - Taunt

Qwilfish is my main Heracross counter and great at shutting many Pokemon down. Intimidate cripples many Pokemon and forces them to switch. Spikes is there because to hurt Pokemon. Thunder Wave is on there for to cripple Pokemon. I ran TWave over Pain Split because Qwilfish never really gets the chance to use it. Umbreon can wish support it. I ran Waterfall over Poison Jab because Waterfall covers more types and has a flinch chance. Taunt is on there to block entry hazards and status moves.
    [​IMG]
    Blue Moon (Umbreon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Heal Bell
    - Wish
    - Foul Play
    - Protect

Umbreon helps heal a lot of my Pokemon that have taken damage. It works really well with Qwilfish by drawing out Bug and Fighting types so Qwilfish can come out and resist them. Heal Bell is for healing Pokemon that have status. Wish over Moonlight because it heals more and weather doesn't happen that much in UU. Protect over Toxic so I can stall for Wish and I already have Synchronize.

[​IMG]

King Tut (Cofagrigus) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Mummy
    Evs: 252 HP/ 120 Def / 136 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Trick Room
    - Shadow Ball
    - Nasty Plot
    - HP Fighting

Trick Room Cofagrigus is very strong and can rip holes in teams. Nasty Plot and Trick Room helps it sweep, and HP Fighting and Shadow Ball are great coverage moves. Cofagrigus can act as a spinblocker and can also switch into Fighting and Normal type Pokemon. On the switch, Cofagrigus sets up Nasty Plot then Trick Room and proceeds to sweep.

[​IMG]

Onion (Cincinno) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Tail Slap
    - Rock Blast
    - Bullet Seed
    - U-Turn

I know. Cincinno may not look like much. His only really worthwhile stat is speed and at first it may seem he's really weak. He's not though. If used correctly, he can be very powerful. Jolly Nature is to ensure that Cincinno can outspeed lots of Choice Scarf Pokemon. Bullet Seed is there to take care of Swampert and Rhyperior. With Skill Link, it hits multiple times and will make a guaranteed KO. U-Turn is for scouting. Tail Slap is on there over Return because, Tail Slap does much more damage. Rock Blast hits Chandelure hard and breaks Substitutes. Choice Band is on there over Life Orb because of the extra power and for the longevity. Cincinno fills a certain niche in UU that no other pokemon does. Cincinno can switch in on the first turn and KO a few Pokemon before switching out. No one views it as enough of a threat so they stay in.​

That's the end of my first RMT. I hope you enjoyed it and I will always appreciate any feedback. Thanks for reading!
    Importable(I haven't figured out how to get the spoilers button.)

Sceptile (M) @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Leaf Blade
    - Earthquake
    - Acrobatics

Raikou @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Qwilfish (M) @ Black Sludge
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Pain Split
    - Waterfall
    - Taunt

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Heal Bell
    - Wish
    - Foul Play
    - Protect

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP/ 120 Def / 136 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Trick Room
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Shadow Ball

Onion (Cinccino) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Bullet Seed
    - Rock Blast
    - Tail Slap
    - U-turn
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  2. Psychotic

Psychotic There's one life, one love so there can only be one King
    is a Tiering Contributor

Hi Paragon189, I do have a few suggestions for your team:

I really don't like the idea of Sableye on this team. The rest of your team is comprised of pokemon that generate some form of offensive pressure, or in Umbreon's case, support for those offensive pokemon, and Sableye does neither of these things. Whenever Sableye comes in, it takes away all the offensive pressure that the rest of your team generates and gives free switches into many dangerous special attackers which are hard for your team to handle, like Roserade, Specs Kingdra, Chandelure, and Shaymin. Therefore, I will suggest adding something that still allows you to check most fighting types and spinblock like Sableye did, but also keeps with the offensive nature of the team: Trick Room Cofagrigus. With Nasty Plot and Trick Room this Cofag set can act as either a lategame cleaner or a midgame wallbreaker, and doesn't give any momentum to the opponent when it comes in. This set also destroys most HyperOffensive teams that your team might struggle with, with a Nasty Plot and Trick Room up most HO teams will crumble.

Another suggestion I have is to replace Thunder Wave with Taunt on Qwilfish. The main reason to use Twave is if you have a slow, strong attacker that benefits from Qwilfish's most common switch-ins, Raikou and Zapdos, being paralyzed. You don't have one of these pokemon, and I think being able to Taunt hazard setters and Physical setup sweepers is more valuable for your team. Taunt prevents Crustle, Sub DD Kingdra, BU Scrafty, Bronzong, Sub Cobalion, other Qwilfish and more from setting up all over you, and actually allows you to set up spikes in most of these pokemon's faces. At the loss of not being able to paralyze Zapdos and Raikou, I think this move helps your team a lot.

Suggested Changes:
    Show Hide
    Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature
    - Trick Room
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Nasty Plot

Qwilfish (M) @ Black Sludge
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Pain Split
    - Waterfall
    - Taunt
  3. Paragon189

Paragon189

PsYch071c
    Thanks for the advice! I tested out Trick Room Cofagrigus and Taunt on Qwilfish. They work a lot better.
  4. biscuitz

biscuitz

Just a change to the EV spread on Sceptile: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def still allows Sceptile to outspeed every single one of UU's scarfers after an unburden boost whilst increasing his ability to take a hit. If you play sceptile smart, he should only need to take the one hit, as after that he can pretty much outspeed and KO the majority of the tier. Nice team, and welcome to Smogon!
  5. Paragon189

Paragon189

biscuitz
    Alright, I'll try it out. Sceptile may be able to take more hits, but it loses a lot of speed investment.
  6. epikkyogre78

epikkyogre78

Personally, I disagree with PsYch071c (did I spell that right? Lol), I think that Sableye works better as a general annoyer with Taunt, WoW and Recover, and besides, Qwilfish already deals with physical attackers like Heracross, Darmanitan, and Mienshao. If you want a backup physical wall-ish sweeper to counter physical Electric types and Ground types go right ahead, but personally I prefer Sabeleye because of Taunt, etc.

I agree with putting Taunt on Qwilfish, just replace Pain Split instead of T-Wave, because T-Wave lets you outspeed pokes that would cream you otherwise, namely the Pokemon Qwilfish switches in on, and besides, I never really find myself using Pain Split, it's just not reliable.

And lastly, I STRONGLY URGE YOU to replace Suicine with Cinccino. As I'm battling, I never find myself switching Suicune in, as Umbreon+Qwilfish pretty much cover everything, and from my battles with this team, I see that you are weak to Substitute users like SubSeeders, SubPunchers, SubCM Raikou, Sub3Atks Sceptile, etc. You also don't have a pokemon to deal heavy damage from turn 1. Cinccino is just...I...I can't even begin to explain how good it is in UU. Trust me, if you use it correctly, you'll start to wonder how you ever lived without it. It has such good coverage, speed, and attack. Check the Smogon set for more detail.

Well anyway, good luck with the team! :D

Suggested Changes

Sableye vs. Cofagrigus You choose I guess
    Pain Split on Qwilfish >>>> Taunt
    Suicune >>>>> Cinccino(Please make this change)
  7. Paragon189

Paragon189

8. Paragon189

Paragon189

You're right, Cincinno is really powerful. He's on my team now.
    epikkyogre78
  9. Patrick1088

Patrick1088

Good team you got there! Just a few points...
    1. You have all these great heavy hitters on your team, but no stealth rock. Spped boost yanmega is a nightmare for this team imo. Protect blocks the acro from sceptile and then easy ohko with bug buzz. Weavile can ohko with a +2 ice shard on sceptile. I highly recommend stealth rock somewhere on your team.
    2. Qwilfish def needs taunt as others pointed out. Your team will have trouble muscling past bronzong. At least taunt and the water typing checks gyro ball toxic stealth rock zong but you nust watch out for psychic (it happems trust me).
    3. I dont get the evs on cof. Try 248 hp 8 def 252 sp attack.
    4. I know you like cincinno but i feel that you need something with more umf! It hit hards but it is walled by steels as is sceptile. I suggest scarf darmanitan over cincinno. Itll form a fwg core plus wish support and hazards.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)