Mafia vs Village Underground Mafia 2.0 - VALLA WINS!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Welcome to Underground Mafia.

VALLA WON!

In a distant time in the past in another world, there existed a great chasm that laid between two kingdoms. These two kingdoms were constantly at war. Their opposing ideals prevented them from seeing one another at an even level. One nation, bent on subjugation, went out of its way to oppress its people and force them to work towards the purposes of its ruler. The other, a more communal nation with multiple city-states and villages, was weak due to the many varying opinions of the states, causing it to be very scattered throughout the land. Each nation, however, managed to unite under the cause of war. The only thing that lay between the two was, of course, the great chasm. The ruler of the chasm, known only as Acklow (and his alias Blue Tornado) was just and fair. Unfortunately, the two kingdoms above found their way into the land below. As a result of this, Acklow, also known as Blue Tornado, acted as a neutral party, conducting a large-scale war game known as the Great Chasm War Game where the victor would be able to claim the lands of the loser.

These two nations are known as Nohr and Hoshido.

The Nohrians, as mentioned before, were discreet and fairly organized. Because their ruler placed great value on maintaining a status quo by drawing a steep line between the rich and the poor, only the rich would go to battle. As such the soldiers of the Nohrians were elite, albeit very few. Their only way to match Hoshido’s numbers was through varying levels of clever tactics utilizing the elite Nohrians abilities. Occasionally these tactics were underhanded and even in rare instances outright distasteful, creating a sense of disgust in the eyes of their adversary, the Hoshidan army. Unfortunately, the Hoshidan army did not have enough intel to find out what the Nohrians looked like, and so the Nohrians have decided to take advantage of that in the Great Chasm War Game.

The Hoshidans, on the other hand, were a much more honest people. While the Nohrians had elite soldiers who were skillfully trained, the Hoshidans had larger numbers. Assuming they could unite, the Hoshidans would be able to match and even outplay the Nohrian army in terms of brute strength. However, this is where the issue is for the Hoshidan army: they lacked any unity. This is why, the Nohrians were able to quickly find out what kind of unit structure each Hoshidan soldier would have:

Acklow said:
Dear USER,
You are [HOSHIDAN SOLDIER].
Your base HP is AMOUNT OF HP.

FLAVOR

At Night, you may PM Acklow and Blue_Tornado “Night X - ABILITY USER.” EFFECTS OF ABILITY.

You are allied with Hoshido. You win if Hoshido eliminates all other threats.

Because of this, the Nohrians were able to realize that the Hoshido army occasionally had similar units in name, though often times they did not share similar abilities or strengths. [[In case that is not brutally obvious for you: Hoshido units may have duplicate rolenames among role pms, but their abilities can be different]]

As the two great armies collide, fates will intertwine and the outcome can only be one that is determined by you, the players. Ultimately, you are the deciders of the fate of this game!

1. There are 24 players in this game.

2. Being active in this game is very important. Being inactive may result in your being subbed out for another player! Don’t force the hosts to do this!

3A. If you wish to sub for the game, in case you do not get selected, you can mention that in you sign-up post. If you wish to sub out, send Acklow and Blue Tornado a PM ahead of time, and we will sub you out. If you plan on becoming inactive, please let us know ahead of time because we don’t want to make this experience worse for anyone.
3B. If you are subbing out, please send a PM to the person who is replacing you describing what is happening in the game, what you have done so far, and any other notable information. This will help against players who do not have any idea what’s going but decided to sub in anyway learn what is happening in the game. Remember - it’s not the hosts’ job.

4. This game starts Night 0. No damage dealing abilities are present until Night 1. You may not share Role PMs until Day 1.

5. Each night period will also last 48 hours. If all PMs have been received results will be sent out. This means that if you want a good game that is interesting, it is in your best interests to send a PM (otherwise you will be subbed out).

6. Send all PMs to Acklow and Blue Tornado. If you decide not to use your ability during on any given Night, please send us a PM titled “Night X-Idling”. Remember, that if you do not PM both Acklow and Blue Tornado, you may not receive results to your night action (and you risk being subbed out). You may send your actions via the same PM that you were given your role PM if you so wish to.

7. You are considered dead when your HP hits 0. This is the only way you can die

8. If you are dead, you cannot speak to anyone in the game at all.

9. During the day, you must bold your vote and use Any Word <User>. To change your vote, you must edit your original post with your new vote. “No Vote” counts as a neutral vote. This means that you do not vote for any specific user, and instead wish to wait. Any votes to a dead player will be nullified. In the case of a tie, all players that have been tied will be hooked instead of taking damage.

10. Day 1, the damage dealt to whoever has the most lynch votes on them will be 1. The amount of damage dealt by the lynch will increase by 1 each day until Day 4, when the amount dealt maxes out at 4 damage.

11. You may try targeting dead player’s with your abilities, but not much will happen.

12. There are no items in this game.

13. If a role PM clashes with the rules in anyway, the role PM takes precedence.

14. Priorities are set and kept secret. Do not ask us about them.

15. IRC is required for this game. If you do not have access to IRC, you will be subbed out.

16. Acklow and Blue Tornado must know about all spreadsheets and IRC channels related to the game.

17. If you have any questions about the game, you can ask Acklow or Blue Tornado on Smogon. You can also find Acklow on IRC under ‘Acklow’ and Blue Tornado under the same username as (Blue_Tornado) as well..

18. Please talk to us during the game, as it will provide a better postgame. Give reasons for your actions, it will help.

19. If grammatical errors are present in PMs, do not use these as proof of faking. We ARE human and we DO make mistakes.

20. You can paste stuff said to you by the hosts, but you will be Godkilled if you C/P your role PM or another role PM in the thread. You can only paraphrase role PMs in the thread. You can fake logs. Remember, do not take a log of a conversation with a host as definite proof, as these can be faked. Impersonation of a host or another player is banned at all points. Do not try to impersonate in any way. Screenshots related to the game are also banned. We will be coordinating with mods in order to enforce this rule. Do not break it!!!

RULE #20 HAS BEEN UPDATED, PLEASE REFRESH YOUR MEMORIES BY READING OVER ALL THE RULES. THANKS!

Link to the Signups (It also has a beginner's introduction to mafia, so if you are new, please read it or re-read it if needed).

Last edited:

Acklow

Playerlist (Alive):

Maleovex
Vanillish Wafer
Nomark
Steven Snype - vonFiedler
MetaRaven135 - Slim Guldo - UncleSam
Thetwinmasters - LightWolf - General Spoon
Flyhn
Cancerous
Pokemon Trainer - Paperblade
Walrein

Dead Players:

Santa Reuniclause - Kitsune - Rogue - Hoshido
Jalmont - Sky Knight - Tracker - Hoshido
ApolloPlus - Sorcerer - Ability & Faction Checker - Nohr
Asek - Dark Knight - Persuader - Nohr
LonelyNess - Spear Fighter - Bodyguard - Hoshido
sunny004 - Adventurer - Negative Voter - Nohr
Ditto - Villager - Twin - Hoshido
Aura Guardian - Merchant - Triple Mayor - Hoshido
internet - Wolfssegner - Fake Role PM Maker/Odd Night Damage Booster - Nohr
Haruno - Villager/Apothecary - Twin/Mayor - Hoshido
rssp1 - Sniper - Inspector - Hoshido
Blazade - Swordsmaster - Damage Dealer - Hoshido
acidphoenix - Blacksmith - Damage Booster - Hoshido
GoodMorningEspeon - Paladin - Hooker - Nohr

Last edited:

Acklow

ALRIGHT, ALL ROLE PMs ARE OUT. YOU MAY BEGIN POSTING IN THE THREAD AND DISCUSSING THE GAME

DEADLINE IS SET FOR SATURDAY MAY 28th 11:50PM CST.

Last edited:

Acklow

Ditto somehow managed to get on my playerlist twice (ironic) so I was off by one player. Thankfully internet stepped up and has been added to the playerlist to fill that empty slot! Cheers!

Good luck everyone! Also, can we presume that there's only two factions in this game (Nohr and Hoshido)? Just so everyone doesn't decide to search for a third faction due to lack of knowledge, and so we don't waste time with searching for said nonexistent faction.

Hi guys I'm the oni savage and I'm going to be leading the Hoshidan army to glorious victory.
Please send in at least role name claims this night.
Thanks
Yo be careful about this guys he hasn't proven himself yet and there's enough precedent from other Fire Emblem Mafia games that mafia could easily get a lot of info from just the role name.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Hello everyone

I look forward to playing with yall. Just as a heads up due to real life stuff happening this weekend, I'll have limited activity. Forum PM is the best way to reach me!

Hello everyone

I look forward to playing with yall. Just as a heads up due to real life stuff happening this weekend, I'll have limited activity. Forum PM is the best way to reach me!
Don't worry, it's pretty much the same with me, only switching the real life stuff part with temporary dodgy wifi (which will be fixed soon, I promise).
Now, best of luck to everyone (even though pretty much everyone else has said that).

Since some of you guys are new, if any of you have issues with IRC, give us a call and we'll help. Players will be hanging out on #ffm and you'll be expected to show up to chat. Unless you have Wifi issues.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
howdy folks, i work daily every day until friday (though only 4 hours on some of those days) so i too will be relatively inactive, at least compared to how i usually am

feel free to shoot me a PM if you wanna chat though!

Acklow

Glad we are all figuring out our availabilities here itt (jkjk), but anyways just a heads up that I will be needing your actions STAT since the update will be 24 hours from now, and I would like to be able to actually update the game once I get home from a wonderfully stressful day at work tomorrow. I actually plan on being consistent with updates for the most part, however if there truly is a difficulty for people to keep up with a 48 hour deadline, I am willing to push it into a 72 hr deadline process instead in order to give people more time to plan and discuss actions or vote or whatever.

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
Just posting so I get notifications, also, just for the newer users, DO NOT claim to anyone without any evidence, and make sure that it's not fake. Also older players there's a lot of new players so don't look at bandwagoning as suspicious behaviour *wink wink nudge nudge*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)