Postgame Underground Mafia Postgame

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.

POSTGAME

So Underground Mafia is somewhat my brainchild that I’ve been working on from early October to late January. Due to the fact that I was out of commission from Smogon for a little while, in conjunction that my job is boring as hell I had a lot of free time to work on this game. Originally I had bigger plans for the Underground Mafia theme. It started off with an idea for creating a NOC game that would be for the beginner mafia tier. I was thinking about having a cohost for this game, which Jumpluff promptly hopped on board and asked to cohost a beginner with me. I was totally okay with that. Unfortunately, I had a lot of other ideas in my mind that I wanted to work on, and thus the game devolved from it’s original state as a beginner to one that potentially needed 2-3 cohosts.

*Sigh*

I became extremely impatient, however. Taking matters into my own hands, I converted much of the beginner game into a standard game. I wanted to experiment with the idea of items that could individually level up, and thus the Underground Mafia you currently have experienced is the result of that. So the next thing was dividing the roles into factions. Since The World Ends With You had a lot of potential potential for a variety of roles, I began work on determining the faction divisions. I knew for fact that I wanted Taboo Noise vs. Noise to be the main conflict. The Taboo Noise would be a smaller, but relatively informed faction that would be able to take care of the Noise via aggressive game play. The Noise on the other hand would remain decentralized, with a bunch of big roles, which in turn would reflect a defensive and slower game play. Added into the fray were the two partnerships, which were intended to add more conflict and act as a parry to the two warring factions. The idea behind the two partnerships was that each partnership would work towards their own ends, adding a little spice here and there so that the Taboo Noise and the Noise would rage at how incompetent they really were. Joshua was the finishing touch, and was actually one of the more important roles in the development of this game. Joshua was to play the role of reverse-lynchpin, being able to ally with Neku or Beat if either of their partners were eliminated. He was also meant to play as they key role that all factions (bar the two partnerships) would attempt to oust.

Anyways, this game involved the following major concepts that the game revolved around:
-No Lynch. This game involved no lynch. None whatsoever. The lynches you saw in the thread were just a means of someone utilizing their pins’ ability (Daenym >.>).
-Items. Yeah, that’s not too experimental, but this is an ITEM MAFIA. Exactly that. There have not been that many games involving items only. Items also served as a key way of how players were eliminated from the game. The big thing, however, that made up part of this concept was that each item potentially had the capability to “level up”. Compared to FFV Mafia, the leveling up system used in this game was much simpler and proved more successful than FFV’s level up system. The fact that players lacked any abilities also meant that any player could customize their role based on their preferred play-style via items.
-Simplified HP. Nah, this isn’t too experimental anymore, since HP on its own has been used in games like Pokemon TCG Mafia or FFV Mafia. The thing this concept had to offer was the small amount of HP that players had. The maximum any person could even attempt to attain would be 9 HP (Sparkle Charge + Love Charge combined), and even then, nobody tried to do that.
-Open Priority. Not sure if this game is first to implement this, but priority was open to the public. All you had to do was ask whether or not your actions would succeed based on priority. The Partnerships and the Taboo Noise utilized this the most early game, which benefited them quite a bit.
-Individual Drop Pools. Not necessarily a first, but drop pools were meant to alleviate the stress of me having to go and keep track of who obtained what item from a scavenger pile. Drop pools would also work as pseudo-walls against thieves, keeping them at bay if a player already had maxed out their 3-pin inventory and had a few pins in their drop pool (see Neku during cycle 4, he had a bunch of pins fo sho).
-Alternative Win Conditions. Not a new concept. This was suggested to me by user and mod billymills so that it would promote more difficulty for the Taboo Noise to win. The alternative win conditions were workable in theory, but nobody really attempted to put effort into completing these so they are not really worth a huge mention.
-Obscure faction set up. Not a first either, but I tried to keep the set up of the factions as obscure as possible in order to:
a)Attempt to force the Noise to get behind a leader early game (the idea was that someone would claim and the Taboo Noise would be able to try to mole their way into the Noise)
b)Prevent the partnerships or Joshua from being revealed early on
c)Help the Taboo Noise to unify much more easily
As you can tell, though, only b) and c) occurred, and a) happened only once Walrein took initiative and stepped up.
-Obscure theme pre-game. As a means of preventing people from having too much knowledge of the game, I tried to avoid directly mentioning what the theme was, only providing the title and the OP image as a means of promoting interest. I knew that I could gather the right players if I played my cards right. Although half of the original playerbase to this game were relatively new, I don’t think it detracted from the game too much with the exception of players who idled a lot (sorry MK, you really got fucked early and didn’t get any mercy for it either, I’ll make it up to you somehow <3).

Thus this game took the world of HP games and 2v1 games to a whole new level. I’m quite sure people enjoyed having this set up, but I’ll wait for you all to post how much you hate/love me for this game to officially decide if this game was successful.

Game Thread
Spreadsheet
Role Sheet
Notifications Sheet
Checklist

The Factions

Noise
I’ll start with the Noise. The Noise in essence, were the majority of the game. Made up of 12 players, the Noise would have to rely on their big names and tough defenses for them to pull through. They started off uninformed, with only their win conditions as clues to how they were to win the game. The key players that were on this team were: Walrein, Layell, and Cereza. This team played mediocre, with the key players doing the brunt of the work, doing a lot of heavy lifting and keeping the Taboo Noise and Joshua in check.

Taboo Noise
The Taboo Noise were the minority. Being partially informed, they began not unified, with a single clue as to how they would unify. I decided that they would all be given the name of one user, and would unite under said leader, who would take them to victory. This was also set up so that Joshua would have an easier time moling the Taboo Noise, since a fully informed faction would only make things worse. The Taboo Noise had 8 players and would have to rely on aggressive blitzes in order to compete with the Noise. Key players on this team were: Spiffy, Slim Guldo, Ullar Warlord. This team did a poor job uniting early on, partly due to zorbees being inactive and not wanting to take the helm as leader. Once imperfectluck subbed in, the ball started rolling, and was able to successfully unit the majority of the team (with the exception of MrcRanger97, who was an inactive jerk and did not take initiative to contact zorbees/imperfectluck. This team also surprised me by complying with Daenym.

The Partnerships + Joshua
I’ll group both partnerships and Joshua under one banner since they worked together to get their wins. As explained earlier, the partnerships would have their own individual goals and were meant to conflict very little with either faction. The idea was that they would act as a mediating force between the Taboo Noise and the Noise, so that neither side would have favor (e.g. Taboo Noise outmole Noise or Noise overwhelm Taboo Noise with numbers). Joshua acted as the glue, helping the two partnerships realize that they could work towards the same goal. I’ll discuss these in more depth myself later when I examine their roles.

The Players

The Noise

Dear Quagsires,
You are Megumi Kitaniji.
Your Base HP is 6.

Kitaniji is the Conductor of the Reaper's Game. He is the direct superior of Game Masters Yodai Higashizawa, Sho Minamimoto, and Mitsuki Konishi. In turn, he is the direct subordinate of the Composer. On the surface, his job is to ensure that the Game is played exactly to the Composer's specifics. His real motivations are unclear, however.

Pins:
- Mink - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will become “Petrified” the following cycle. They will be unable to communicate in the thread the following cycle.
- Peace Full - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will be healed by 1 HP point. This pin has 1 use per cycle.

You are allied with the Noise. You win if your fellow Noise win or if you obtain the Big Pin combination and the current holders of the pins making up the combination get eliminated.

Quagsires is a notable player in Smogon Mafia due to his past success and his gameplay. I was putting my money on Quagsires to take up the mantle of leader and help bring victory to the Noise. Since half of the original playerbase was made up of newbies, I knew that the Noise needed someone with plenty of experience who could help mentor the newer players and could bring some heavy gameplay to the table. Unfortunately, Quagsires didn’t live up to my high expectations, being a relatively “meh” player. The only notable things he managed to do was pass a Level 3 Peace Full to Walrein before he died and send his actions late on a consistent basis. I guess there were reasons to his impartial attitude to the game, but I digress...I had high hopes for this guy.

Dear Rediamond,
You are Mitsuki Konishi.
Your Base HP is 6.

While she may not look the part of a villain, Konishi is ranked among the highest in the Reaper hierachy. She is the one who issues the orders for the missions against Neku and his friends, although she rarely appears before them.

Pins:
- Big Crunch - Level Max - You are not sure what this does, but if you obtain it’s sister pin, something good may happen.
- Poison Bones - Level 1 - This pin must reboot before it can be passed. As long as you are holding this pin, you will be afflicted by “Defense Blight”. For every attack against you, you will take an additional 1 point of damage. This pin levels up only by being passed.

You are allied with the Noise. You win if your fellow Noise win or if you obtain the Rhyme pin and eliminate its current holder.

Before the start of the game, I asked user loudkirbyking about Rediamond and Kaxtar’s performance in past mafia games, since I knew they were still relatively new to Smogon Mafia, and since I never saw them in action myself. lkk mentioned that Rediamond was fairly successful in a leadership role in one of the beginner games, so I decided to put him into a position that had a decent role. Unfortunately, early game proved useless for Rediamond, because he was fairly inactive. He became partially involved with Walrein later on, though.

Dear Kaxtar,
You are Koki Kariya.
Your Base HP is 5.

Although rumored to have high-level abilities, Kariya would much rather sit back and relax than exert effort in completing his assignments. Kariya explained to an enraged Uzuki that he declined a promotion because being an officer meant that he couldn't be out and about in Shibuya; he would only strut around looking important all day, a life he sees as boring. He is always holding a bean paste lollipop and is exceptionally cool-headed.

Pins:
- Righty Cat - Level Max - You are not sure what this does, but if you find the other Cat pins, you might get something good.
- Red Skull - Level Max - You are restricted to using only 1 pin per cycle as long as you hold this.

You are allied with the Noise. You win if your fellow Noise win or if Uzuki Yashiro wins and Shiki loses.

Kaxtar was the other person I asked lkk to comment on. lkk told me that he was a relatively active player, who had a few successes in the past. Due to my experience with him in Smogon ASB, I decided that it would be nice to place him with Rediamond on the same team, since they both were ASBers. Kaxtar, however, remained fairly passive playing this game, not taking initiative to look for Uzuki or Shiki.

Dear Layell,
You are Uzuki Yashiro.
Your Base HP is 4.

Unlike many of her colleagues, Uzuki Yashiro is completely obsessed with her work. Though she has a low rank among the Reapers, she is a perfectionist in every aspect when it comes to her occupation. When she is restricted from working hard, it drives her crazy. Yashiro, like all of the Harrier Reapers, has a total disregard for the lives of Players. She values each competitor as little as trash or a Noise. This only aids her in her zealous demeanor.

Pins:
- Shockwave - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will take 1 damage. This pin has 1 use per cycle.
- Lucky Panda - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. You will obtain target <USER’s> role name and faction.

You are allied with the Noise. You win if your fellow Noise win or if Koki Kariya wins and Rhyme loses.

One of the more devoted players in this game. He acted in tandem with Walrein quite well once the two teamed up. He also was fairly lucky early game in that he inspected Ditto, and found the existence of a major neutral. Layell played fairly well, but insisted that he didn’t need to reboot his Lucky Panda pin, since it already did a fine job (though he would’ve benefitted greatly if he would have leveled it up at least once). He played well this game, even though he died Cycle 4. He even suspected that pin brands could play a definite role in how the game worked:
[6:52pm]Layell: also I'm not sure but that Sheep Heavenly thing makes me suspicious that brands might be part of this game
[6:52pm] Layell: which is scary
[6:52pm] Layell: because then this game got 4x more complicated
[6:53pm] Acklow: lol
[6:53pm] Walrein: uh
[6:53pm] Walrein: wat
[6:53pm] Acklow: cncnd that brands play a part in this game
[6:53pm] Walrein: remember, i dont know anything about twewy
[6:53pm] Layell: certain pins have brands attached to them
[6:53pm] Layell: like clothing brands
[6:54pm] Layell: Sheep Heavenly was mentioned in the thread as becoming popular
[6:54pm] Layell: I'm going to check if we have any pins of that brand
[6:54pm] Layell: because if someone can effect popularity
[6:54pm] Layell: that could be very interesting

Dear Maxim,
You are a Tenor Reaper.
Your Base HP is 5.

A member of the Reaper squad sent out to erase Players. He casts his shadow in the other zone!

Pins:
- Force Rounds - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will take 1 damage. This pin has 1 use per cycle.

You are allied with the Noise. You win if you eliminate the Taboo Noise along with Joshua.

I wasn’t too sure of how experienced Maxim was with mafia, so I didn’t know how exactly to fit him onto the Noise. I decided it would be best to give him a fairly vanilla role so that he could fire away at the Taboo Noise. The thing that he did wrong, however, was suspect Quagsires, and ended up being the one to kill poor Quag, right as Quagsires looked like he was going to be an active player. He also managed to crossfire at Walrein, which wasn’t a smart move either, but once he joined up with Walrein’s Aquanaut Scumbuddy group, he started playing more reliably, taking down Daenym with Layell.

Dear smashlloyd20,
You are a Jelly Germanic.
Your Base HP is 4.

Jelly neocoustics may split into these fiends. Some folks wait around just to see one...

Pins:
- Rhyme - Level Max - You are not sure what this does. It doesn’t look like it’s all that useful either.
- D.I.Y. - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will be afflicted by “Attack Blight” for the duration of 2 cycles. The amount of damage they can deal with any of their pins is decreased by 1 point . This pin must reboot after each use.

You are allied with the Noise. You win if you eliminate the Taboo Noise along with Joshua.

smashlloyd20 played a fair job. He really didn’t manage to do anything notable, and even said that D.I.Y. was only partially useful. Sadly, Attack Blight which, by far, is more crippling than Defense Blight early game, never ended up being seen a lot, so smashlloyd20’s usefulness for the Noise was pretty much void.

Dear Chomz/Walrein/loudkirbyking,
You are a Jelly Neocoustic.
Your Base HP is 4.

Let this jelly violate your space, and that obscene tentacle may start violating your HP!

Pins:
- Aqua Demon - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will be shrouded in an aura for the duration of this cycle. If anyone targets <USER> this cycle, they will take 1 damage.
- Thanx - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will be healed by 1 HP point and cured of any status. This pin has 1 use per cycle.

Chomz was one of the newer players, and for some reason I thought that Chomz knew how to play mafia. Unfortunately he was overwhelmed and I went in search of a sub. Walrein quickly scooped up Chomz role, and after a little deliberation, decided that it was best if someone got the ball rolling. He stepped up, and although many people thought he was originally trolling, he proved to be the real deal and managed to gather Noise’s best players for a showdown with the Taboo Noise. Also, I would like to say that his role’s flavor goes well in tandem with his reputation as a caught masturbater. Walrein also had a heavy tendency to lord of his healing pins.

Dear MK Ultra,
You are a Goth Metal Drake.
Your Base HP is 4.

This wyvern fires a piercing blast of laser breath! When it begins gathering energy, run!

Pins:
- Frog - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER1>, <USER2>, and <USER3>. If <USER1> targets <USER2> with a damage dealing pin, it will be redirected to <USER3> instead.
- LIVE! - Level Max - This pin must reboot before your first use. Once during the game, you may pm Acklow the usernames of 3 active <USERs>. Any time during a cycle, you may post “LIVE!” in the thread (which must be bolded). If you do so, all 3 <USERs> will be affected by “Immobilization” the duration of 2 cycles. They will be unable to use their pins against you. Upon doing so, this pin must reboot the following cycle.

I gave MK a role that I thought would fit well with his persona. Being a player who could tend to be outspoken, I put my money on MK to troll the game, hopefully attracting attention from players and attacks with his LIVE! pin. Unfortunately, he got stripped and raped by Ullar, who stole MK’s pins right under his poor British ass. I’m quite sure MK would’ve been much more active had he had some actions to work with, but alas, Ullar’s dick move utterly ruined MK, who promptly stayed pretty idle for the majority of the game. Sorry MK, like I said before, I’ll find a way to make it up to you. :(

Dear barty the beetle/Jalmont,
You are a Thrash Mink.
Your Base HP is 4.

This mink Noise floats in midair. Its powerful claws attack with the wind itself.

Pins:
- Onmyo - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a message. Whatever is listed in the message will be posted along with the update. If target <USER> is listed in the message, you will drain said <USER> of 1 HP point (and thus receiving 1 HP).
- 1 Yen - Level 1 - Every time this pin reboots, it will increase in the amount of yen. If you will be able to save up to “10,000 Yen”, you will be announced as a winner of the game. This pin will reset back to “1 Yen” if you pass it along to another player, if it is stolen from you, or if you die. This pin also does not take up a pin slot, therefore, your max carry amount for pins is effectively 4 (including this pin) as long as you are holding this pin.

barty the beetle. What a mouthful of a username. While he was active the first two cycles, barty proved to be a force to be reckoned with. He maxed out his Onmyo pin before attempting to brutally damage ginganinja. Unfortunately, he was not active on IRC enough, nor did he send in his actions Cycle 3, which I used as an excuse to sub the noob out. As soon as Jalmont subbed in, things began to turn much more in favor of the Noise, as Jalmont remained active enough to cripple Ullar and overkill Daenym. theangryscientist and I joked about the idea of barty the beetle winning based on his 1 Yen pin alone. We thought it would be funny if a total noob would get an undeserved win due to him laying low under the radar.

Dear Metal Bagon,
You are a Orchesprog.
Your Base HP is 4.

Red, poisonous tadpole noise. Stay away from their poison grip if you value your HP!

Pins:
- Long Live the Floe - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will become “frozen” the following cycle. They will be unable to communicate beyond the means of the thread during that cycle. This pin has 1 use per cycle.
- Pegaso - Level Max - Any pin you possess that deals damage will deal 1 additional point of damage.

To be honest, I gave Metal Bagon a filler role and didn’t expect much. Well, I got what I though: not much. Although he could have been potent, Metal Bagon made no effort to level up his Long Live the Floe pin, and made a horrible move in contacting Ullar Warlord to trade. Thus, he was stripped and raped by the molester known as user Ullar Warlord, who rendered Metal Bagon useless. Metal Bagon was promptly eliminated the following cycle.

Dear Cereza,
You are an Alterna Wolf.
Your Base HP is 4.

Attack these golden wolves as they begin their lightning quick charge, or brace for impact!

Pins:
- Sexy D - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. You will steal 1 pin from target <USER>. You may not use this pin if you already have 2 other pins. This pin may not be stolen.

Quiet as ever, Cereza was one of the major players on the Noise. The thief pins proved to be very vital to playing hot potato in this game, and Cereza made some pretty lucky guesses by targeting Daenym and ginganinja early game. These moves proved to be well placed because it rewarded Cereza with two inspection pins. However, this was shortlived, because Cycle 4, she was brutally silenced/frozen and stolen from. Overall, however, Cereza was able to do a fantastic job at staying under the radar long enough to get the info she needed to help the Noise with.

Dear Sir/Engineer Pikachu,
You are a Mosh Grizzly.
Your Base HP is 4.

Massive bears with tattoos for arms. The pain they deal is as hardcore as the tats.

Pins:
- Top Gear - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will be protected from one non-damaging ability this cycle.

Sir will forever be immortalized for the following line:
[7:58pm] Sir: this is too complicated...
[7:58pm] Sir: I quit -_-
[7:58pm] Acklow: lol

As quickly as he began the game, Sir was subbed out very early. Engineer Pikachu took over and managed to play decently, although I’m not sure if he ever contacted Walrein. I assume he did, though, because he made sure to cover his bases pretty well, preventing Kaxtar and Rediamond from being KOed too soon by Daenym’s wrath. The fact that Rediamond was protected, though, made Daenym rage to no end. He literally (Daenym), said that he got stressed out as to how things were not going his way in this game. ROFL.

The Taboo Noise

Dear zorbees/imperfectluck,
You are Sanae Hanekoma.
Your Base HP is 6.

Sanae Hanekoma (also known as Mr. H) is the self-described "hip café barista" of WildKat and is also the successful, multi-talented artist CAT. He is a valuable ally, acting like a guardian of the players, and always making sure that the game is fair and everyone follows the rules.

Pins:
- Big Bang - Level Max - You are not sure what this does, but if you obtain it’s sister pin, something good may happen.
- Gatito - Level Max - Any pin you possess that deals damage will deal 1 additional point of damage.
- Pig - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. You will obtain target <USER’s> role name and faction.

You are allied with the Taboo Noise. You win if your fellow Taboo Noise win or you obtain the Over the Top combination and the current holders of each pin making up the combination get eliminated.

When trying to decide how I wanted the Taboo Noise set up, I figured that I would need an experienced player to take the lead of the Taboo Noise. User zorbees was the first that came to my mind. His long track record of being a successful mafia player attracted the idea that he would do a fantastic job at collecting claims and moling the Noise. Unfortunately, zorbees was a bit bogged down on things outside of mafia, and was unable to continue. In his stead, imperfectluck took over. Let me just tell you, whatever mafia game imperfectluck touches, sparks fly. imperfectluck was able to quickly gather the Taboo Noise in the little time that he played, uniting practically all of them under one banner. However, the thing about great players like imperfectuck, is that they are instant name-target bait. imperfectluck lasted about 2 cycles before going down quickly. Daenym knew imperfectluck’s reputation, and fearing that he was already suspect for being a mole, he began working on eliminating ipl. Thus, very little action was seen out of ipl, but at least his involvement allowed him to bring all the Taboo together.

Dear theangryscientist,
You are Sho Minamimoto.
Your Base HP is 6.

Sho Minamimoto is the youngest Game Master of the Reapers in Shibuya at 18. He excels in all areas of leadership except one -- he will not cooperate with others. More of a mathematician than a brawler, Sho loves to speak in mathematical terms and cannot refrain from making a calculation or from telling a math joke during conversation, to the point of obsession and perhaps mental instability.

Sanae Hanekoma is zorbees. You know that you will be able to unify with your fellow Taboo Noise if you claim to him.

Pins:
- Lolita Bat - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER1>. <USER1> will be warned by the host at the end of the cycle that you have targeted them. However, the following cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER2>. If you do so, <USER2> will take 2 damage at the end of that cycle. If you don’t, <USER1> will take be dealt 3 damage at the end of that cycle instead.

You are allied with the Taboo Noise. You win if your fellow Taboo Noise win or if you obtain 500 yen and eliminate the current holder of that pin.

I honestly can’t say much about theangryscientist’s performance in this game, partly due to the fact that he died so early on. Sadly, Daenym wasn’t about to give him any mercy, and the fact that he was found out fairly early on by the partnerships and Daenym meant that he was target numero uno on their hit list. Being the first of any players to die, he was given the option of becoming co-host. He eagerly scooped up the opportunity and I can say that he has done a fine job. To any of you looking for a decent co-host, theangryscientist is no slouch. He is very organized if his mind is put to it and is able to work well when it comes to updates. So I applaud him for his overall contributions to this game. And, mind you, I don’t know what he’s like when it comes to making games, but when it comes to hosting/co-hosting, well, you get the picture.

Dear Paperblade,
You are a Bass Reaper.
Your Base HP is 5.

This belligerent Reaper uses a shotgun attack to take out a wide swath of Players at once!

Sanae Hanekoma is zorbees. You know that you will be able to unify with your fellow Taboo Noise if you claim to him.

Pins:
- Lefty Cat - Level Max - You are not sure what this does, but if you find the other Cat pins, you might get something good.
- Long Live the Rock - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. <USER> will become “Petrified” the following cycle. While they are affected by petrification, they will be unable to communicate in the thread. This pin has 1 use per cycle.

You are allied with the Taboo Noise. You win if you outlive more than three-quarters of the Noise and you eliminate Joshua.

Paperblade is a fairly good mafia player, and as such I decided he would work well in the Taboo Noise faction. Paperblade did a good job taking orders and making sure that the right targets were being crippled with his Long Live the Rock pin. Once he obtained Long Live the Floe, he was able to successfully prevent Cereza from being useful to the Noise. He also managed to troll Walrein quite a bit with his Long Live the Floe pin, though Walrein still managed to avoid being frozen, thanks to his Thanx pin.

Dear MrcRanger97/Ace Emerald,
You are a Trance Rhino.
Your Base HP is 4. (+2)

The gargantuan horn crowning the Taboo rhino threatens to deal lethal damage to all it hits.

Pins:
- Sparkle Charge - Level Max - Your Base HP is increased by 2 points as long as you are holding this pin.
- Black Mercury - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER1>, <USER2>, and <USER3>. If <USER1> targets <USER2> with a damage dealing pin, it will be redirected to <USER3> instead. This pin has 1 use per cycle.

You are allied with the Taboo Noise. You win if you outlive more than three-quarters of the Noise and you eliminate Joshua.

The amount of inexperienced players equaled the number of experienced players in this game, and MrcRanger97 was one of them. MrcRanger was fairly confused as to how to approach this game, idling for the first few cycles. Unfortunately, he missed out on one cycle, so I had to sub him out. He also never contacted zorbees/imperfectluck, so the number of people on the Taboo Noise never arose concern (since Daenym was moling them, 8 people seemed reasonable). Ace Emerald replaced MrcRanger, and since I let Ace know who one of the main people on the Taboo Noise were, which helped him get in touch and on track with the Taboo Noise.

Dear Spiffy,
You are a Chaotic Corehog.
Your Base HP is 4.

Quills from the Taboo corehog will detonate at random. Stay light on your feet!

Pins:
- Diss - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will be afflicted by “Defense Blight” for the duration of 2 cycles. For every attack against them, they will take an additional 1 damage. This pin must reboot after each use.
- Cure Drink - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will be healed by 1 HP point. This pin has two uses per cycle.

Before the start of the game, I had asked what kind of role Spiffy preferred, he asked me to have a defensive role that could support his teammates. Thus I decided to hand him the Chaotic Corehog role, placing him among the Taboo Noise. Spiffy, contrary to what some may say, is a decent player, and he had enough experience under his belt for me to have confidence in giving him a supporting role in the mafia faction. He did a good job, making sure to prioritize the rebooting of his Cure Drink pin so that he could support his team to the best that he could, which ended up being a smart decision. Cure Drink managed to keep many of the Taboo Noise alive late game.

Dear UllarWarlord,
You are a Carcinopunk.
Your Base HP is 4.

The Taboo carcin waits behind an impervious shield, ready to counter any attack...

Pins:
- Sexy + - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. You will steal 2 pins from target <USER>. You may not use this pin if you already have 1 other pin. This pin may not be stolen.

As it was mentioned earlier, there was a handful of new people to the Mafia genre that ended up joining this game. Of all the newer players, UllarWarlord was able to do a great job as a rookie. Underground Mafia being his first game, he was given a thief role on the Taboo Noise. Thankfully, he did not ragequit over the complexity of this game, and stayed, making quite a few masterful plays. One of his first moves involved crippling MK Ultra, removing both of MK’s pins from his possession. The fact that his pin allowed him to target 2 pins from one person meant that he could easily render any person useless for the duration of the game, assuming they did not take initiative to obtain pins from any other player. I would say that while it was a gamble to put a new player into a role that could wreak havoc if used inadequately, I don’t think I could’ve asked more out of Ullar, because he managed to do a great job as a new player. “And then he went full retard” (quoted from Paperblade). Of course, it didn’t ruin the game or anyone’s actions. In fact, it only reinforced ginganinja and Snike’s win.

[11:12pm] Ullar: Look in #ffm
[11:12pm] auramaster: Oh
[11:12pm] jalmont: ullar is a confirmed taboo noise
[11:12pm] Ullar: Yes I am.
[11:12pm] loudkirbyking: ...He is? Okay!
[11:12pm] Ullar: Carcinopunk.
[11:12pm] loudkirbyking: ./fail
[11:12pm] jalmont: so you admit that #mami was your mafia channel?
[11:12pm] Ullar: Stfu lkk
[11:13pm] Ullar: I admit nothing more.
[11:13pm] jalmont: why not?
[11:13pm] jalmont: you wont die if you talk
[11:13pm] Ullar: idgaf if i die.
[11:13pm] Ullar: Go ahead. Kill me.
[11:13pm] Ullar: I just want this fucking game to end.
[11:14pm] Ullar: i admit something else tho
[11:14pm] Ullar: Ginganinja and Snike are the remaining neutral pair
[11:14pm] Ullar: they need Red dead to win
[11:14pm] Paperblade: wowowow
[11:14pm] You are now known as Acklow.
[11:15pm] Ullar: there.
[11:15pm] jalmont: are they really
[11:15pm] Ullar: that break your game Acklow?
[11:15pm] Ullar: yes they are.
[11:16pm] Acklow: :\
[11:16pm] Ullar: Because it is filled with assholes.
[11:16pm] Ullar: And I am fucking sick of it.
[11:16pm] jalmont: i concur
[11:16pm] jalmont: you are a good man ullar
[11:16pm] Acklow: -_-
[11:17pm] Acklow: I am a sad man
[11:17pm] jalmont: ginganinja can you confirm ullar's statement
[11:18pm] Ullar: sorry Acklow.
[11:18pm] Ullar: I just dgaf anymore.
[11:18pm] Acklow: eh it was 'bound to happen
[11:19pm] Ullar: howso
[11:20pm] Ullar: Anyway. The Taboo Noise has been a good supportive team. I hope they win.
[11:22pm] Ullar: Im still banned then. Figures.

Dear Slim Guldo,
You are a Choir Frog.
Your Base HP is 4.

The Taboo frog. It’s foamy spray hides a single, differently colored lethal bubble!

Pins:
- Thunderbolt - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER1> and <USER2>. Both <USER1> and <USER2> will take 1point of damage each.
- Sprog - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will become “frozen” the following cycle. They will be unable to communicate beyond the means of the thread during that cycle.

Slim Guldo is another one of those players who has had a decent amount of experience playing mafia. I wanted to be able to balance out some of the more inexperienced players on the Taboo Noise with a some of the relatively experienced players, so Slim was one of my first choices. Slim did a fantastic job taking over the Taboo Noise once Daenym was out of the picture, asking them all to contact him so that they could collaborate all of their actions to their entirety.

Dear Galladiator,
You are a Eurobeat Boomer.
Your Base HP is 4.

The Taboo boomer boasts a fearsome jump kick capable of penetrating any defense!

Pins:
- Pyrokinesis - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will take 1 damage. This pin has 1 use per cycle.
- Poison Skull - Level 1 - This pin must reboot before it can be passed or traded. As long as you are holding this pin, you will be afflicted by “Attack Blight”. The amount of damage you can deal with any of your pins is decreased by 1 point. This pin levels up only by being passed or traded.

Galladiator is commonly known for his inept capabilities as a Mafia player. However, that doesn’t mean he was meant to be underestimated. Unfortunately, I did the opposite, overestimating his experience as a mafia player and placing him on the Taboo Noise. Galladiator did the smart thing by rebooting his Pyrokinesis pin to the max before utilizing it. Unfortunately, he did not realize that his Poison Skull pin was meant to be passed along to other players, and thus remained in his possession for quite some time.

Partnership #1

Dear Flamestrike,
You are Neku.
Your Base HP is 5.

At fifteen, Neku is an ardent fan of graffiti, but far less enthusiastic about forging relationships with other people. When the Reapers' Game throws him into contact with other Players, he has two choices: open up...or get picked off.

Pins:
- Fresh Line - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will take 1 damage. This pin has 1 use per cycle.
- Sexy B - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER1> and <USER2>. You will steal a pin from <USER1> and automatically pass it onto <USER2>. This ability works even if you have 3 pins in your possession. <USER2> cannot be yourself. If <USER2> already has 2 other pins, this ability will fail. This pin cannot be stolen.

You are in a partnership duo with Shiki. Shiki is USER. You win if you outlive Sho Minamoto, Megumi Kitanji, Koki Kariya, along with 3 other noise and/or taboo noise.

Flamestrike played in basically every game that I have hosted thus far. So as a reward to his loyalty, I wanted to give him a decent role to play with. He told me he wanted to be allied with Ditto, or ginga, or someone else that usually played my games, so I gave him Ditto as a partner. Flamestrike was the heavy hitter of either of the two Partnerships, making sure that damage was at the forefront, cleaning up anybody that Daenym failed to kill. The fact that he had Sexy B in his possession, coupled with the fact that Poison Bones was passed to ginganinja fairly early on, meant that Flamestrike basically had ownership over who would be affected by the lethal and deadly Level Max Defense Blight.

Dear Ditto,
You are Shiki.
Your Base HP is 4. (+1)

Fashionable and fabulous at fifteen, Shiki knows clothes. While she puts on a cheerful face to lend Neku some much-needed moral support, deep down she harbors a secret... She never parts with her homemade stuffed animal, Mr. Mew; to survive, Neku can never part with her.

Pins:
- Splish Splash Barrier - Level 1 - This pin must reboot before your first use (this does not count as levelling up). Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will be protected from all actions/attacks while this pin is targeting them. <USER> will also gain 1 HP point per cycle and will be restricted to using only 1 pin each cycle as long as this pin is targeting them.
- Love Charge - Level Max - Your Base HP is increased by 1 point as long as you are holding this pin.

You are in a partnership duo with Neku. Neku is USER. You win if you outlive Sho Minamoto, Megumi Kitanji, Koki Kariya, along with 3 other noise and/or taboo noise.

Ditto is a cute user. Therefore, Ditto got a cute role. Me /huggles Ditto. That is all.

But seriously though...Ditto did a fairly decent job playing. I guess part of the reason he was able to stay so long in the game was thanks to Splish Splash Barrier, which honestly is a pretty broken pin in my opinion. I’ll talk about that pin later though...

Partnership # 2

Dear ginganinja,
You are Beat.
Your Base HP is 6.

Hot-blooded and hard-headed, Beat is the polar opposite of Neku—even if they are the same age. Still, despite his emotional outbursts, he has a big heart. He's always ready to throw down and ollie into combat on his board, with Rhyme right there beside him.

Pins:
- Lolita Mic - Level Max - This pin must reboot before your first use. Once during the game, you may pm Acklow the usernames of 3 active <USERs>. Any time during a cycle, you may post “LOLOLOL” in the thread. If you do so, all 3 <USERs> will be affected by “Defense Blight” for the duration of two cycles. For every attack against them, they will take an additional 1 damage. Upon doing so, this pin must reboot the following cycle.
- Lady Luck - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. You will receive target <USER’s> pin information and faction.

You are in a partnership duo with Rhyme. Rhyme is USER. You win if you outlive Sanae Hanekoma, Mitsuki Konishi, Uzuki Yashiro, along with 3 other noise and/or taboo noise.

ginganinja was another experienced player, who I thought would work well as a neutral. I wanted the neutrals to have at least 2 experienced players, along with 1 or 2 newbies. ginganinja did a good job making sure that Snike was helped out.

[10:36pm] ginganinja: accounting for past games like this
[10:36pm] ginganinja: hes a top quality player and id want to form an alliance with him
[10:37pm] Acklow: mk
[10:56pm] ginganinja: o.k
[10:56pm] ginganinja: been searching for the cats pin
[10:57pm] ginganinja: by randomly PMing people saying I need it for my WC
[10:57pm] ginganinja: have networked with Chomz, Metal Bagon and Ular

Also, since I didn’t mention it earlier, both ginganinja and Flamestrike could’ve had the opportunity to ally with one another, thus creating a new partnership, assuming that Ditto and Snike both died. Of course this never did happen, but it was a possibility which I think would’ve been interesting to see play out.

Dear Snike,
You are Rhyme.
Your Base HP is 4.

Rhyme's earnest and hard-working attitude proves a big help to Neku and Shiki early on, as well as to her partner, Beat. She has an addiction to adages and no shortage of smiles, and without her, the others would be lost.

Pins:
- Brainy Cat - Level Max - You are not sure what this does, but if you find the other Cat pins, you might get something good.
- Flower of Fire - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow up to 5 <USERs>. They will all take 1 point of damage each. However, for every <USER> you target, this pin must reboot that many cycles following your attack.

You are in a partnership duo with Beat. Beat is USER. You win if you outlive Sanae Hanekoma, Mitsuki Konishi, Uzuki Yashiro, along with 3 other noise and/or taboo noise.

Snike is fairly new to Smogon mafia. However, he has had a decent success rate playing mafia, according to some of the other players. Thus, I felt it would be nice to have a decent newbie put into a role that would not be entirely powerful, but would have enough guts to support ginganinja and the other Partnership/Joshua. Snike basically covered his bases, taking orders and cleaning the table with Flower of Fire.

Joshua

Dear Daenym,
You are Joshua.
Your Base HP is 5.

It's quickly evident Joshua is clever beyond his fifteen years—as sly as they come. Unfortunately, his insufferably snotty attitude only serves to widen the gulf between him and Neku...but his knowledge, especially about the Game, does earn him some points.

Pins:
- Follow Suit, Fall in Turn - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may post “Lynch <USER>” once in the thread. Upon rebooting this pin, all <USERs> you have “Lynched” up to rebooting will take 1 damage. You may only target any given <USER> once before rebooting, however.
- Gimme Dat Hippo - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will be unable to communicate via the thread or the main chat through the duration of the following cycle. <USER> will also be unable to use any abilities during that period as well. However, the following cycle, the effects that affected <USER> will affect you.
- Lucky Star - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. You will receive target <USER’s> role name and win condition.

You are not allied with anyone this game. Although you are a neutral, if Shiki or Rhyme are killed during the midst of the game, you may ally with their remaining partner. Their win condition will replace yours if you do so. You may not ally with both partnership duos at the same time, however. You also know that Neku and Beat can potentially become a partnership duo, assuming each of their respective partners dies. Neku is Flamestrike, Shiki is Ditto, Beat is ginganinja, and Rhyme is Snike. You win if at least one of the two secret partnership duos is left standing, regardless of whether or not you are alive.

You also have two fake-claims up your sleeve. One will automatically be applied when you are moling the Taboo Noise (i.e. inspection-proof). The other fake-claim is up to your discernment in how you use it.

Acklow said:
Dear Daenym,
You are a Fusion Shark
Your Base HP is 5.

Hammer-horned and hungry, this Taboo shark is able to pound out killer tsunamis!

Pins:
- Follow Suit, Fall in Turn - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may post “Lynch <USER>” once in the thread. Upon rebooting this pin, all <USERs> you have “Lynched” up to rebooting will take 1 damage. You may only target any given <USER> once before rebooting, however.

Acklow said:
Dear Daenym,
You are a Metal Corehog.
Your Base HP is 4.

It takes lightning reflexes to evade the bang these hedgehog Noise pack in their giant quills.

Pins:
- Lucky Star - Level 1 - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. You will receive target <USER’s> role name and win condition.

Dang, his role PM was well informed. Honestly, this game really revolved around Joshua. I wanted somebody who I knew could get the job done with Joshua, and boy, did Daenym serve. Daenym was probably the most productive player this game, which I would expect out of anybody who would have been in his shoes. He did a great job moling the Taboo Noise, taking leadership over the Taboo Noise, and even going out with a bang. I would say that the role was probably one of the easier win conditions to fulfill. However, in response to that idea, I would also say that that was not a guarantee. Assuming any of the two Partnerships were discovered and mass targeted early on, Daenym would not have stood a chance. Anyways, props to Daenym for doing a fantastic job, even with the entire game (except the Partnerships) on the lookout to kill him.

Daenym: I count Best as one faction
[8:19pm] Daenym: since the goal is
[8:19pm] Daenym: to have exactly 6 kills itg
[8:19pm] Daenym: which obv isn't going to happen
[8:19pm] Daenym: since I have 4 kills planned this cycle XD
[8:19pm] Daenym: omg I don't think I've gone over the master plan with you yet
[8:20pm] Acklow: haha

[8:21pm] Daenym: Daenym - 4x1 - Metal Bagon
[8:21pm] Daenym: Flame - 2x2 - smashlloyd
[8:21pm] Daenym: ginga - I forget
[8:21pm] Daenym: Snike - idle
[8:21pm] Daenym: Ditto - BG @ ginga, LOLOLOL @ smashlloyd/???/???
[8:21pm] Daenym: Slim - 2x3 - Metal Bagon/Layell/Rediamond
[8:21pm] Daenym: Gall - 2x1 - Rediamond
[8:21pm] Daenym: Spiffy - debuff @ Layell
[8:21pm] Daenym: Slim - freeze @ Walrein
[8:21pm] Daenym: Paper - pretrify x2 @ Walrein/???
[8:21pm] Daenym: Ullar - pass +1 dmg to daenym, pass freezer to Paper
[8:22pm] Daenym: Follow Suit - 4x1 dmg @ Metal Bagon
[8:22pm] Daenym: LIVE! - prevents targeting x3 @ pass to Ditto
[8:22pm] Daenym: Pig - Inspect + Watch @ Cereza
[8:22pm] Daenym: so MB dies
[8:23pm] Daenym: Red dies assuming he has the pin he says
[8:23pm] Daenym: and def dies if Ditto LOLOLOLs him
[8:23pm] Daenym: smash dies from Flame/lololol
[8:23pm] Daenym: and layell should have accumulated enough damage to die to snike tonight
[8:23pm] Daenym: and spiffy is debuffing him just in case
[8:23pm] Daenym: and ullar is makig me EVEN STRONGER
[8:24pm] Daenym: so next cycle I should be able to OHKO one person OR do 5 dmg to 2 people
[8:24pm] Daenym: in which case Snike is going to use his pin in tandem with him
[8:24pm] Daenym: *mine
[8:24pm] Daenym: and then BAM
[8:25pm] Daenym: granted I'm a bit iffy on attacking Red, since I feel like him having fakeclaimed is possible
[8:25pm] Daenym: but the pin I'd be most concerned about, IPL's inspect/watch, is in my possession
[8:25pm] Daenym: and I'm also only attacking him with Taboo
[8:26pm] Daenym: so if he's guarded/watched
[8:26pm] Daenym: then dgaf
[8:26pm] Daenym: because it just means the Noise harass the Taboo
[8:26pm] Daenym: while I hulksmash
[8:26pm] Daenym: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Comments on the Pins
Pins were the biggest aspect of this game. Of which I would like to point out a few that either had mistakes attributed to them, or were broken, or were just pins that I wanted to point out:

FS,FiT was the biggest game changing pin during this game. Probably one of the more broken pins, I originally intended FS,FiT to increase in damage dealt each level it was. A last minute decision before the game started, and a rather not well-thought decision, was to give FS,FiT more uses as well. As soon as I realized this only broke the pin, I quickly attempted to devalue the pin by the time it hit Level 4 and Level Max. The reason I did so was that if I let Daenym not reboot for two cycles, he could have potentially massacred a bunch of players at Level 3. Thankfully, my decision to reduce the number of uses down to 1 again prevented the game from being entirely broken due to this one pin.

- Splish Splash Barrier - Level 1 - This pin must reboot before your first use (this does not count as levelling up). Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will be protected from all actions/attacks while this pin is targeting them. <USER> will also gain 1 HP point per cycle and will be restricted to using only 1 pin each cycle as long as this pin is targeting them.

This pin is broken in theory. Anyone could just target their self and then just wait for the game to be over. Once I realized how broken this pin really was, I lowered its priority one tier in order to provide at least some way of preventing this pin from being used.

- Brainy Cat - Level Max - You are not sure what this does, but if you find the other Cat pins, you might get something good.
- Righty Cat - Level Max - You are not sure what this does, but if you find the other Cat pins, you might get something good.
- Lefty Cat - Level Max - You are not sure what this does, but if you find the other Cat pins, you might get something good.

Once all combined, here is what would happen:
Acklow said:
You now have in your possession Brainy Cat, Righty Cat, and Lefty Cat. These three pins have automatically synthesized a new pin: Over the Top. The ability this pin has is:
“Every pin that you gain possession of is automatically fully leveled up. Over the Top cannot be stolen or given away.”
The Over the Top combination ended up being the Alternative WC of Sanae Hanekoma (zorbees/ipl). This combo really isn’t all that great late game (in theory), since I was hoping people would work hard early game to try to obtain the combo pins. In this game, however, it could have been very useful late game, since some pins were way better maxed out than not.

- Big Bang - Level Max - You are not sure what this does, but if you obtain it’s sister pin, something good may happen.
- Big Crunch - Level Max - You are not sure what this does, but if you obtain it’s sister pin, something good may happen.

Once combined, this is what would happen:
Acklow said:
You now have in your possession Big Crunch and Big Bang. You can now utilize both pins combo ability:
“Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will take 5 damage. However, because of the massive power, both pins must reboot between attacks.”
This pin combo is pretty much one of the more powerful default pins. These pins, if combined with the likes of Pegaso or Gatito would just wreak balls. This combo basically guaranteed a kill every other cycle. However, it is pretty much outclassed by Follow Suit, Fall in Turn late game, since FS, FiT could do the same thing by C4.

- Sexy + - Level Max - Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. You will steal 2 pins from target <USER>. You may not use this pin if you already have 1 other pin. This pin may not be stolen.

Sexy + was basically the most broken thief pin in this game. It pretty much rendered anybody useless if they did not have 3 pins or any pins in their drop pool. I think if I would’ve had a chance to rewrite the ability to this pin, I would have had it steal a pin from 2 users instead of 2 pins from 1 user.

- 1 Yen - Level 1 - Every time this pin reboots, it will increase in the amount of yen. If you will be able to save up to “10,000 Yen”, you will be announced as a winner of the game. This pin will reset back to “1 Yen” if you pass it along to another player, if it is stolen from you, or if you die. This pin also does not take up a pin slot, therefore, your max carry amount for pins is effectively 4 (including this pin) as long as you are holding this pin.

1 Yen was basically a second win condition manifested in the form of a pin. The point of this pin was to a) act as a cookie in the game and b) create a feeling of needing to stay under the radar for the player holding it. Both barty the beetle and Jalmont kept under the radar concerning this pin, not mentioning it to anyone. Unfortunately, the game didn’t last long enough for Jalmont to win with this pin.

- Rhyme - Level Max - You are not sure what this does. It doesn’t look like it’s all that useful either.

The Rhyme pin was a very conditional pin. It required Rhyme (Snike) to die in order to be properly used. And even then, only Neku and Beat had the ability to use the pin in that situation. Therefore, it was more or less a hot potato pin for players to pass around. Here is what would happen if Neku/Beat were holding the pin after the death of Rhyme:
Acklow said:
You now have Rhyme in your possession. Since Rhyme is no longer in the Reapers game, Beat managed to revitalize Rhyme in the form of a Noise. Unfortunately Mitsuki Konishi turned her noise form into a pin. Thankfully, you can use Rhyme as an actual pin now. The ability this pin has is:
“Every cycle, you may pm Acklow a <USER>. Target <USER> will take 3 damage. It does not need to level up or reboot.”
Rhyme never got to see play. It was supposed to be used as a last resort damage pin late game assuming the player, Rhyme (Snike), was eliminated from the game. However, since that never ended up happening, well I won’t repeat myself... Just read the stuff in the hide tags. If this pin would have been activated, it would have been very strong, as it was basically a Force Rounds/Pyrokinesis pin, without any leveling up. I probably would have re-written this pin as well, due to its conditional ability, to something more plausible (like if either Rhyme or Shiki died, or if either Rhyme or Beat died). The real reason this pin was actually tossed in the game was more or less for flavor purposes, though.

Awards
And now for the awards. Please don’t hate me, I based these opinions on my mid-game evaluation of all of the players.

Best Noise: Cereza
Worst Noise: Rediamond
Best Taboo Noise: Slim Guldo
Worst Taboo Noise: MrcRanger97 (not Ace Emerald)
Best “Player”: Daenym
Worst “Player”: None
Best Move: Daenym claiming Joshua to the Taboo Noise in secret/Daenym uniting both Partnership Duos ftw
Worst Move: Daenym outing himself as an “Anti-Noise” Neutral to Walrein/MK Ultra getting both of his pins stolen from him C0
Most Inactive Player: MrcRanger97 (Not Ace Emerald)
Best Pin: Lolita Mic, because it forced ginganinja to make such a quality post.
Worst Pin: Frog
Cutest User: Ditto /huggles
Best Co-Host: theangryscientist
Best Post: ginga’s Susan Coffey Catalogue
2nd Best Post: Layell's death post
MVP: Daenym

So now for the last part of the Postgame, I would like to address things that could be gained from this game:
-The use of a reverse-lynchpin is something fairly interesting. The lynchpin concept on its own is interesting, but not used often. I think the thing about lynchpins is that if they are overused,especially in standard 2v1s, then they begin to lose their surprise value. Therefore, from a hosting perspective, people should limit themselves if they plan on using lynchpins, either reverse or standard. One way I went about doing this was keeping all of the factions obscured.
-If HP is simple, it means less calculating errors for the host. Comparing this game to FFV, I made a lot less mistakes in calculations and in each of my updates. I would also say that hosts should try to limit themselves in the number of concepts that they experiment with. Games like FFV or EXPERTS were decent (well FFV was pretty much awesome), but become train wrecks because of the amount of things that hosts need to work with.
-No lynch. Don’t use this concept unless you have a good reason to, like lots of kills or an alternative means of eliminating players from the game. This game used that concept because of a) low HP and b) the large number of damage dealing pins, which made up for the loss of a lynch. I like the fact that this game could do that, so I’ll just *pat myself on the back*.
-Item Mafia. Oh boy, I don’t think I’ll do another one of these...at least not one that involves thief items as well.
-1st Player to die becomes co-host. Actually, this concept I borrowed off of Wikipedia. I thought it would be interesting since I was hosting by myself and it didn’t hurt the game if a player became a co-host, since I knew I could handle the majority of the work myself.
-Ditto is a cute user.

And with that I leave you with one final song:
[youtube]yiA6ldH305g[/youtube]

First off, I'd like to thank Acklow and theangryscientist for hosting this game. It was definitely one of my favorite games that I have played on Smogon.

I absolutely enjoyed working and playing with every single one of my Taboo Noise allies, most notably Slim Guldo and Paperblade. Slim Guldo deserves TN MVP without a doubt, as he was the most committed and made sure to always bring it on himself to plan night actions.

However, I feel that the neutral pairs (and Joshua to an extent) had an extremely easy win condition, especially considering their player list was fucking packed. It was basically a faction of five excellent players that knew everyone's alignment and only need like 1 third of those players actually dead, 1 of which was already given to Daenym. I am in no way discrediting their win, as they all played spectacularly, but their win condition wasn't challenging enough for all the information and powerful pins that they had. Their only real dilemma was managing all of the information that Daenym worked for.

I also believe that the Noise were a relatively weak faction. All the neutrals have to do is kill the two roles on TN that they needed dead and ally with the remaining TN to obliterate the rest of the Noise. At the very least, the Noise should have had at least one more damaging pin and a better player list. This would have balanced the game a bit more in my opinion.

Thanks neutral factions for leaving us alone for the most part and helping us take down the Noise. We probably wouldn't have won without you guys. Congratulations Daenym for being the MVP as well, it was well deserved even though you suck!!!

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Despite the fact that I was subbed in as possibly the most boring role in the game, it was still kind of fun (cool updates).

As I was pretty much useless, I was kind of detached from the game as a whole, and so never really did much besides protect people that seemed to be Noise and hope that my pin didn't get stolen. As such, I don't really have that much to say here.

Thieves were pretty broken here:
[18:30] ginganinja: thieves stole ROLES in underground
pretty much sums up what I have to say. It also sucks that if you only have one pin and you get something stolen from you, it's near impossible to get back into the game. This was especially true in Noise's case, as we killed almost nobody (did we actually kill anyone) and so didn't have a drop pool at all. Moreover, our lack of damage-dealing pins (three or four out of twelve people?) made us pretty weak regardless of our numbers.

I liked this game though !_!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
engineer y u no contact me

I don't really have many thoughts to post, as I never really got too in-depth with this game, mainly due to real life commitments.

The series of events immediately following Daenym contact me was the thing I horrendously screwed up. In hindsight, choosing to out Kaxtar, who had been untouched the whole game, instead of Layell, who was taking heavy fire and was probably known anyways, was a dumb move. Even dumber was thinking for even a second that the Taboo would honor our "everyone gang up on the neutrals" truce.

I also love how Daenym tried to pass Ace Emerald off as noise when he told me outright that he wasn't.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man I loved this game so here are a few thoughts.

I was so unsure what Noise even was at the start if we were mafia or village or whatever, it really adds to the excitement.

To start off I never cleaned Walrein, I figured since he subbed in and claimed he was probably telling the truth. Walrein was my go to guy to talk to everyone since I wanted to remain in the shadows for the game and not bring attention to myself. We fell apart once he made a dumb alliance to kill Dae and thought it was smart to have Kaxtar bite the dust to appease god Dae.

Also I call BS for not being able to sub in for Walrein, as if anything could have changed only red thought he wasn’t noise (I will get to that later)

My role seemed OP and I still question how I could get such good pins while other people got shit. Oh well.

SL20 was my first noise inspect and he really only proved useful in proving Ditto had some barrier, which I used to properly guess that the thing needed to be rebooted because some barrier would be too broken otherwise, TOO BAD IT WAS STILL BROKEN BY HEALING 2 HP!

Maxim was another good player once we got him along, we had high hopes at the point where we found him.

Jalmont would have been fun to co-ordinate with since I managed to troll him so badly in shift for so long, but alas. His pin was the reason I wished for some sort of easy swap feature of pins or something because once he got his to level 3 we felt pretty good about ourselves.

Cereza: I was told I would tie with you for best Noise grrrr, did you unite the entire team? Alas I regret you being one of the others I never got to work with except through Walrein. Thanks for the Ditto pin inspect that was really annoying to find out, Splish Splash Barrier is too broken with HP healing.

Kaxtar: This was the easiest clean of the game. Slacklow somehow switched our role flavours so when Walrein was about to dismiss this guy I cleaned him on the spot, too bad it didn’t help at all. The kax clean also was part of the worst move in the game for me.

Quagsires: We thought you were silencing Walrein and getting damaged by AD, although we got no pins. We weren’t amused. Also shift postgame please!!!

EP: Claim some time dang it we thought you were Taboo!

Rediamond:

Congratulations for bringing together the Noise,

Oh wait

You didn’t.

Walrein and I did.

You have no idea how much I have wanted to chew you out for your completely dumb pubclaim. Walrein raged, I raged. We questioned our sanity. We weren’t sure if you were trying to mole, were you not reading the thread? Why? Why? Why did you post a pin that you should have known could be very powerful, you made yourself a huge unnecessary target for everyone to steal and I can’t remember if we used Aqua Demon on you or not but thanks for that, it was all you were good for. On our chart I left specific instructions to never let you into our sheet and channel even if we could waste an inspect on you. I hold no regret in cockblocking you from Noise, and maybe you noticed the lack of claims. Walrein may have made a dumb choice near the end and I wish he had talked to me but trust me someone much more powerful would have died much more quickly (ie: me) had he been scum.

Your comments before the endgame are hilarious and I have no idea what that channel was for but you were acting very foolish there and I wish I could have yelled at you back then but I was busy being dead.

Ullar: Thanks for wasting an inspect man, we were happy to dish some damage to you. I can’t tell if that was on purpose or you didn’t know the difference between Noise and Taboo Noise.

Ditto: Screw your Splish Splash Barrer, the shielding I can understand but the healing was too much. Luckily I figured out the barrier part rather early and we were ready to take you down but plans changed cause of Walrein’s peace with the Taboo.

Dae: Ok so my cleaning of Kaxtar I thought would be an amazing move but then something horrible happened. Dae threatened to pick off the powerful noise or give us myself or Kax. Walrein gave up kax and then for some stupid reason because of the flavour swap he felt he needed to add my log in there to explain everything.

THEN THIS HAPPENED:

20:40 Daenym when walrein sent the PM of kaxtar
20:40 Daenym he included a log explaining the flavor
20:40 Daenym he snipped your username
20:40 Layell WHATTTT
20:40 Layell wiat
20:40 Layell wait
20:40 Layell what
20:40 Daenym but I recognized the speech patterns
20:40 Layell NOOOOO
20:40 Layell YOU FOOL

I probably would have died next cycle anyways, people were onto me and my games and Walrein couldn’t heal me forever.

To all the other players thanks for a great game and hope I can alliance with you all sometimes!

=”Other logs:”]

On rediamonds dramatic reveal”

16:47 the_angry_scientist user smashlloyd20 needs to read the thread more closely
16:47 Layell as does rediamond
16:47 smashlloyd20 im just naturally suspicious of tas
16:47 smashlloyd20 cohost is moling us
16:47 smashlloyd20 aaaah
16:47 Layell why did we get suicidal teammates?
16:47 smashlloyd20 i am nowhere as dumb as rediamond
16:48 Layell tas as co-host you should have helped balance this
16:48 Layell this was your responsibility
16:48 the_angry_scientist nothing i could have done about that layell, i started as a player
16:48 Layell I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR EXCUSES!
16:48 smashlloyd20 lol
16:48 the_angry_scientist then bitch about something that doesn't involve me
16:49 Layell I <3 tas

19:30 Walrein layell
19:30 Layell yes
19:30 Walrein did shockwave level up when you rebooted it?
19:30 Walrein wait
19:30 Walrein you never rebooted
19:30 Walrein IGNORE ME
19:30 Layell yes I did
19:30 Walrein what
19:30 Layell it's level two now
19:30 Walrein oh
19:30 Walrein REIGNORE ME
19:30 Walrein what changed about it
19:31 Layell more damage
19:31 Layell it's now 2
19:31 Layell and I will reboot again this cycle
19:31 Layell then rape Shiki
19:31 Walrein ok
19:31 Layell and fulfill a thousand TWEWY fan-boy's dreams

20:45 the_angry_scientist <the_angry_scientist> hi is billymills here and if so can he please delete the spam in underground mafia thread
20:45 Spiffy lol tas that's the whole thread
20:45 Paperblade [17:45] <@Paperblade> you mean all the posts that aren't phase updates
20:46 the_angry_scientist i was referring to all the WALREIN POSTGAME
20:46 Layell this is what you get tas for designing and co-hosting a game with no lynches
20:46 Yeti this is what you get
20:46 Yeti for not having lynches
20:46 Spiffy ^
20:46 Layell yup Yeti
20:46 the_angry_scientist layell i did not help design this game
20:46 Yeti or PRs
20:46 Spiffy lies
20:46 Yeti put PRs on people
20:46 Yeti they post less
20:46 Layell I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR EXCUSES!
20:46 the_angry_scientist please remember i was initially a player

Yup the same joke twice, it needed to be done in #ffm once and I wasn’t sure if I saved it the first time

Hmm, this game was certainly interesting. Some thoughts:

Quagsires: Well...he was neutral in every other game I saw him in, and the one time I act on it he turns out to be on my side. Not to mention Mink was pretty much useless in a no lynch game :/.

Walrein: Well, good try at being the leader. I was a little nervous claiming to you, especially after contacting Rediamond, but luckily you actually were on my side. However, I'm starting to question your sanity regarding the "truce" with the Taboo Noise. I pointed out that was a bad idea but meh.

Layell: Probably the best player I met in this game. Too bad our alliance fell a few days after I joined.

On a side note, I felt my win condition should've been written a bit better. To me it sounded like "You are supposed to ally with Joshua to kill the Taboo noise" rather than "You are supposed to kill Joshua and the Taboo Noise." Thus I spent the early game trying to find Joshua when that would've been a bad idea.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol this game was pretty fun so thanks Acklow and tas for hosting.

Its worth noting that this was the first time I have ever been a neutral so I was a little unsure as to how to run things. Daenym contacting made this a lot easier as I was able to observe, as well as chat to Ditto and Flamestrike about tactics etc etc.

Also a big fuck you Ullar for pretty much trying to do whatever was possible to make sure I lost. From spreading incorrect rumours about who I was and telling everyone I was Joshua -__- (WHY?!?) to just plain outing Snike and I cos you were having a bad day, you were a pain in the ass and I hate you. You're also damn lucky we needed the Taboo Noise to help in the last cycle otherwise I would have seriously reconsidered our alliance with your faction (which would have been a shame considering most everyone else played damn well).

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
This was a really fun game @.@ let's play again!

The best part was that I was able to show my clumsiness more than once...God, am I stupid lol.

I'm sure Walrien and Acklow were facepalming the whole time :3

So first off, thanks to Acklow for hosting this game and giving me a role that was really exciting to play as. I enjoyed FF5 tons, and this game even more (though I raged a LOT more in this game). Having played TWEWY, I recognized the player pin symbol prior to game start, and apparently that's one of the things that landed me the role (besides requesting something experimentalish), so good to know buying that game to prep for the next Kingdom Hearts installment paid off twice ;D

Obviously looking at my role I knew it was important. Though when I finally noticed the fact that everyone else had to kill me it was pretty terrifying.

(As a side note, I'm not going to bother combing through logs because this is already HUGE anyway and I have entirely too many logs from too many channels to bother tracking the useful stuff down again.)

C0

I'm always a skeptic and overly paranoid in mafia games, and this was no exception. Since all 4 other neutrals were in my PM it was pretty obvious I needed to unite all of us. I think I went to Ditto first and he was pretty suspicious of me. Snike jumped right on board though, and ginga and Flame didn't really argue by the time I talked to them. So I had all 5 of us united pretty much instantly.

Next up was the moling aspect. I gave the WCs to the other neutrals so they could make their fakes (THIS is when I discovered that the WC in my Taboo fake was incorrect, so Acklow had to send me a revised one. Had that not happened I would have died instantly, pretty much -__-). Then I contacted zorbees, but it was already 2+ days into C0, so I was honestly concerned I had waited too long to make contact. The fact that he didn't really reply to me at all was even more scary, since I thought I had given something away.

Anyway, hiding my attacks was also a concern. Posting random lynchvotes was an easy way to get people to come along trolling, though, and a lynch spiffy right off the bat is never a bad thing. I forget who I actually targeted that cycle, but I think it was Sir/Engineer Pikachu, which was a total rand. The main focus was to start rebooting pins, though, because FF5 taught me that leveling up as fast as possible in an Acklow game is paramount. So Flame and Ditto rebooted while me and ginga started inspecting (tas and quags I think? yes, name targeting happens. particularly when acklow tells me "I like to be good to my reserves").

C1

This cycle wasn't really major, in my mind. Basically my inspect results on tas said that I needed him dead, which also meant we had 2/6 targets identified. I hesitated to try and kill IPL immediately, so Flame and I went all out on tas. ginga's excellent post put defense blight on tas/IPL (and quags, I think?), so we were able to score the first kill of the game right off the bat. Sorry tas ._.

Anyway, IPL said in the Taboo chat "fuk daenym" which had me utterly terrified he had figured me out. As it turned out, it was just because the pin that Slim had comboed better with IPL's pin. But because of how he said it I was nervous enough that I knew he was the next target. And the defense blight helped decide too :/

Meanwhile, since people were sort of aware of moles in the Taboo (tas had been the one most concerned) I did mildly make sure to throw people off my trail, just in case. Ullar and Spiffy both had habits of asking a lot of specific questions "how many of us are there, who else is in the faction, what pins do we have" and so on. So I could sort of prod other people (Slim, specifically) and plant some mild suspicion, just in case.

C2

So here was just more of me doing whatever while I prepped to kill IPL. ginga had taken some damage (Ullar's suspicions of him meant that he was one of Slim's targets -_-). I think Ditto self-protected this cycle after eating some hefty damage the previous cycle as well. It's hard to remember, exactly, because of how much I was juggling. I ran all of my plans by the other neutrals, but I was generally left to my own devices to coordinate the final actions, which makes sense because I was the one with the in for the Taboo.

Sometime around this cycle or the previous one was when Walrein stepped up, iirc. In hindsight, I wish I had claimed. But I'm usually terrified of fakeclaiming because I think I'll just get instantly inspected. And this game being inspected by the Noise meant instant death. I didn't really need to "mole" the faction that much, but it would have potentially cut down on my eventual randing to find the 4 named Noise I needed to kill (I always treated the 6 names of the two neutral WCs as one big WC, so there was never any question of "find 3 first asap" or anything like that. Similar to FF5 I was very intent on making my whole alliance win, and this time I got to stick around long enough to do so).

C3

With IPL out of the way, I really got busy with the Taboo. I knew that I would be able to take pretty good control once he was out of the way. Ullar was too new, Slim/Paperblade weren't outspoken enough, Gall fails at IRC, leaving Spiffy as the only real obstacle, and he pretty much went along with everything so long as he was kept in the loop (something IPL did not do). Ranger was being an idler at the time, apparently, so I didn't have to deal with him, and the numbers (8 total) made me look even more legit. I did find a 7-man faction a teeny bit strange, honestly, but was too busy working like a madman to coordinate the Taboo attacks with the Neutrals since I had full control.

Getting Slim to stop targeting ginga was priority #1, and required some seriously faulty logic. But no one really argued, tho Slim did admit to it being a bit weird when I talked to him post-death. Anyway, C3 was supposed to be a MASSIVE cycle for getting stuff done.

Slim had been targeting Layell, so he was supposed to be low on HP and within range of death. Even though I didn't have an explicit reason to kill Layell, it still meant less people to sift through. Red had also publclaimed a role I needed dead, so he was second on the list. Then I went after Metal Bagon for no great reason (I think I trolled myself into thinking he might be Thief) while Flame blasted the crap out of Smashlloyd. So 1 role we needed dead, then 3 potential ones.

C4

Well I got 2/4, neither of which was a named role. Needless to say I raged and raged and RAGED at Acklow. Sorry for that, btw x_x It wasn't so much that they didn't die as that the results made NO sense to me. It turned out that Layell was healed and Red was protected by Engineer Pikachu's pin, I discovered later. Anyway, the Taboo also ate a good chunk of damage, which is where things started to break down some.

I had coordinated a similar series of actions to the previous night (less potent because of Flame and Ditto both having less offensive power because of recharge/silence respectively). But I still managed to line up 4 kills (aided by the fact that my awesome attacking pin combined with another one was able to deal 6 damage on OHKO any role).

Spiffy, however, was freaking out because it looked like they might start dying (and his attempt at moling was 100% thwarted because he had already been inspected). So he started babbling about how he was going to ask for help from Joshua in the thread. I was chuckling quite a bit at that point. Anyway, long story short, I claimed to them. Spiffy FREAKED OUT hardcore and was ready to out me to everyone, but after quite a bit of reassuring from me and confirmation about my WC from Acklow he finally calmed down.

Anyway, Ullar and Slim went along happily enough with the plan. Spiffy continued to be pissed and Paperblade was quiet as normal. I found out later Spiffy went and basically got Walrein to target me, resulting in my death, but that was kind of expected. I almost had Ditto guard me that night, which would have been fantastic, but I couldn't be QUITE sure that he wouldn't get hit, and he was very low on HP.

Anyway, I was entirely sick of blindly attacking the Noise, so I went to Walrein. I said I needed more roles dead. Was this a bad move? Potentially. In my defense, I had gotten some really shitty news that morning, and then the fact that my 4-kill night was a big flop had me in a pretty terrible state. But Walrein gave me the last named role I needed to complete the WC for Flame/Ditto. In the process he also sent me the following log:

Log said:
<~Walrein> i think kax dun goofed
<&snip> how so?
<&snip> is he taboo nosie?
<~Walrein> his role name is apparently Koki Kariya
<&snip> oh god please tell me he is
<&snip> finally
<&snip> yesss
<&snip> my partnerrr!
<~Walrein> but the flavor paragraph is all about Uziki Yashiro
<&snip> that is the same
<&snip> as mine
<&snip> he is cleaned
<~Walrein> ?_?
<&snip> mine is all about Koki
<&snip> he is cleaned
<~Walrein> forward me your role pm pls
<~Walrein> :S
<&snip> it was weird for me too
<&snip> but that should clean him
<@Acklow> oh whoops
<@Acklow> uhhh
<@Acklow> flavor mixed up?
<@Acklow> my bad
<@Acklow> ahahahahaaha
This was pretty much 100% necessary for him to get me to belive him, because the flavor of the PM sent to me was fucked up (something on Acklow's part, but kind of amusing since the two he mixed up are always paired together in the game). Anyway, having JUST finished playing Internet Mafia with Layell on my team, I recognized the way he talks on IRC. So that meant that attacking Layell all those times wasn't a waste. Had the flavor for the PM NOT been screwed up, I dunno if I would have trusted Walrein, but it was one of those "too weird to not be true" things, so I went with it.

So I attacked Kaxtar for the OHKO, then had all of the other assorted attacking roles dealing 5 damage each to the other 3 targets. I also finally had Snike attack again (1 damage to 5 people). He boosted up the damage on the 3 main targets and then hit Slim and Ullar for one each. The one damage on those two was, in the event of their deaths that cycle from another Noise raid, Snike would get some of their pins (preferably Slim's damage pin). As it turned out, both of them weren't attacked that cycle, but Snike wouldn't have been able to use is pin again anyway.\

Also, in the world of non-damage, I had Paperblade Freeze/Silence Cereza (who I knew via inspect was not someone I needed dead) and Slim froze Walrein I think. Walrein was healing the stupid Freezes, so I had ginga use this ridiculous kidnap pin on Walrein (the pin had been mine originally and I just moved it around because it was useless to me) that he couldn't heal off. Flame also stole a healing pin from him iirc and moved it to ginga. Honestly I should have focused on nerfing Walrein more, but after seeing him BG himself EVERY night in Magmafia I was hesitant to waste an action on him when I was fairly sure I didn't need him dead.

Anyway, Walrein and the Noise went 100% after me because Spiffy baited him into it and the Noise figured that Joshua had loads of HP instead of 5. I was too busy trying to get Walrein to guard himself instead of stupid Rediamond again, though I did suspect Spiffy of selling me out to some degree.

C5

I died :/

But in other news, Walrein didn't fuck me over with Kaxtar, so he died. The blitz on Layell was also a success. EP dying was nice, since that was the stupid defensive pin. Speaking of that pin, it was the reason Rediamond just WOULD. NOT. DIE. Ugh.

Anyway, after thinking about it for a minute, Acklow ejected Flame and Ditto from the game for winning. So I won too. After that I was a good dead/winner and didn't talk strategy with anyone, but ginga/Snike worked with the Taboo to finish up Red and whoever else, giving the win to all of the neutrals.

Some regrets:

- Not fakeclaiming Noise. I'm so lazy about talking to people I'm not allies with. It's something I need to work on.
- Killing tas right away. The Taboo were essentially my buffer between me and the Noise, so offing them so quickly was kind of a mistake. But it was too tempting to kill the first part of the WC so soon, and tas also was getting 2 pins from Ullar that cycle, so the Neutrals already had loads of pins. Killing IPL I don't regret, though, because it was key in taking control of the faction.
- Having my grand unveiling thwarted. Claiming Joshua to the Taboo was kind of forced by Spiffy wanting to ally with Joshua so bad (which was why I was so annoyed when he then became SO difficult to work with after I outed myself). But I originally planned to publicly claim Joshua, have Ditto protect me, and then laugh while everyone targeted me and failed. Unfortunately, Ditto and ginga having chronically low HP made this too risky in my eyes.

Anyway, closing thoughts:

Flame/Ditto/ginga/Snike were fine allies overall. I was usually doing the bulk of the work, but you can't really blame them when I was the only one who really knew what was going on fully. But they were fun to chat with as a stress reliever, because I didn't have to be careful about what I said in that channel.

To the Taboo, you're welcome. Despite killing tas and IPL, I stand by the fact that I was an excellent member of the faction, and basically set you guys up to win in the end. This is largely because of the fact that the game is geared that way since I would insta-kill 1/6 of my targets by knowing him from the start, and likely find out the second (or instantly because nametarget >.>) via moling. After that, it was simpler to just try and steamroll the Noise to fish out the targets than anything else, which is how the numbers got evened despite an obvious disadvantage at the start.

As for the Noise... man, I dunno. I would have thought Walrein had more of a handle on things, but apprently not. When I talked to him C4 he still hadn't caught on to the priority thing. And then when Rediamond made all of those ridiculous posts about suspecting Walrein... I was sure he had been trolling. But they managed to screw with me enough by blocking my constant assaults on Red/Layell, so I guess they did something right?

Now that I'm finally not playing any games I can focus on working on designing some of the 4-5 games I have in the works with various people, which is nice. Playing is fun, especially in a game like this where I was able to just sit around and plan attacks the whole time, but it's far too stressful. I'm much happier hosting.

Sorry if this was extreme tl;dr, but, in my defense:
[23:27] <&the_angry_scientist> you basically ran half the game so of course it is

Double posting to respond to some of the things people are saying and I just don't want to edit my monster post because fuck it's long @_@

@ EP

I 100% agree. Thieves were the strongest power itg since it completely renders people useless (see: MK Ultra). I said that to Acklow a few times over the course of the game.

@ Walrein

I honestly thought he was. Ranger never claiming to zorbees meant no one fucking knew. Ace actually came to me trying to get info and I just assumed he was a Noise trying to get info out of me (I also assumed I had already been inspected. Fuck you for not deeming me worthy after you already had inspected Spiffy >:( )

@ Layell

You would have. Walrein outing you was just a bonus for me, since it meant I hadn't actually been wasting the attacks the whole time

Spiffy continued to be pissed and Paperblade was quiet as normal. I found out later Spiffy went and basically got Walrein to target me, resulting in my death, but that was kind of expected.
I was quiet because I wasn't around when you revealed yourself. I was in class or something. Also Spiffy (and I) was pissed because your role:

-Was a neutral moling a mafia in what was more or less a town v. mafia game (with neuts) with a win condition that is not mutually exclusive with that of the town, meaning if you wanted to you could have fucked us over
-Was given the name of one of the people you needed dead for your win condition in your role PM, which basically ensured zorbees/ipl would not get to play for very long

Plus basically everyone but me was outed via inspects or something which made us think the Noise had a ton of inspects

Also Walrein was gonna do it anyway how many times do I have to tell youuuuuuu ._.

The Noise probably did have a ton of inspects, since both mine and ginga's were stolen early. I then got IPL's when I killed him. So I'd guess they had at least 3. It was kind of the reason I figured I'd been inspected.

And I didn't mean Walrein wasn't going to anyway, more that Spiffy got Walrein to focus entirely on me and not the rest of the Taboo. I've accepted the fact that Spiffy only sort of made an effort to murder me.

Massive thanks to all my teammates on taboo noise and daenym and his neutral buddies, you were all great to be honest (and dealt with the ullar incident remarkably well!)

Also slightly disappointed that my pin didn't get it's own special mention, but then again it would've been pretty weak without spiffy and the gatito, so i guess that's why!

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
echoing ginga's statements of fuck you ullar
sorry for berating you tas i saw you had my shit and thought you'd stolen it
worst move what the fuck. i totally planned to have my pins stolen from me -______-

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First off, I deserve cutest user :D

Also, Daenym basically won this for us. His role was so important that he basically was supposed to lead. I know I didn't basically try this game, only making some minor strategical moves here and there. I will maintain that the duos still would have done well, as we had good users and good pins. I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't think we used all of our potential.

So I still don't get exactly how I died, but w/e. Sorry for not being too active in the early game, but I didn't have anything to do, really (one pin was part of a collection, the other a one-time partial hook). I waited for someone to claim Noise leader and then wait a day or two just to make sure he was cleaned. After that, I died the very next cycle, so that's it for my thought process throughout the game.

I had a great time once I got involved with Layell and Walrein, however, so thanks for the fun game Acklow. I do think that you should have distributed Pins better becuase some people had tons of neat powers and helpful information while I (and a few others) had almost nothing to go off of. Also, though the partnerships and Joshua were a neat idea, they were so OP'ed in combination with one another that I don't see how we could have won. Maybe that's just me not being active enough to understand the game fully, but an explanation would be nice.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As another thought with thievery being so completely OP would be that users could "equip" one pin and that pin could never be stolen by a thief, and yeah better pin distribution.

I'd also have liked to have some idea what leveling up my pins would do, even if just a hint. I was planning on leveling up Lucky Panda once it seemed we did not have any more claims for Noise, which never happened of course.

Here are some logs that I had. This first one was where I raged when Daenym revealed he was Joshua. xD

<Spiffy> <Walrein> noise are doing just fine, mr. chaotic corehog <Walrein> so tl;dr fuck off
<Spiffy> ok acklow
<Spiffy> how many fucking inspections
<Spiffy> do they have
<Ullar> ...
<Ullar> we
<Ullar> are
<Ullar> fucked
<Spiffy> Daenym
<Spiffy> I need the neutral to contact us
<Acklow> I said I cncnd how many inspectors they have
<Ullar> I would offer myself if I wasnt going to steal.
<Spiffy> they know what I am
<Spiffy> I am doing it
<Ullar> and if i wasnt hit.
<Ullar> ah. good point.
<Spiffy> Daenym
<Spiffy> Daenym
<Ullar> DAENYM
<Spiffy> I am going to ask Joshua
<Daenym> yeah I saw calm the fruck down jesus
<Spiffy> to claim in the thread
<Spiffy> is this ok
<Daenym> hold on
<Ullar> they know spiffy is one of us. he has little to lose.
<Daenym> I know
<Ullar> except that means I might die.
<Daenym> calm down
<Ullar> I say goforit.
<Ullar> they might not target you as they might know u have healing.
<Spiffy> we can't let them know I have healing
<Spiffy> although
<Spiffy> they probably know
<Ullar> they might already know.
<Ullar> IPLs pin didnt show what pins a person had
<Ullar> wait. spiffy.
<Daenym> ok
<Daenym> gall's attack on Red failed
<Ullar> for the luvofgawd did u tell them gall was one of us.
<Spiffy> no...
<Ullar> good.
<Spiffy> when/why would I have done that?
<Daenym> alright
<Daenym> spiffy don't bother
<Spiffy> why not
<Ullar> well in an earrlier statement
<Daenym> because I'm joshua
<Ullar> waitwhut
<Spiffy> daenym are you
<Spiffy> fucking
<Spiffy> serious
<Ullar> ur shitting me.
<Spiffy> HOW THE FUCK
<Daenym> I'm a very good mole, yes
<Spiffy> IS THE TABOO NOISE
<Ullar> FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
<Spiffy> SUPPOSED TO WIN
<Spiffy> THIS FUCKING GAME
<Daenym> I agree
<Ullar> IKR
<Daenym> you guys have a lot against you
<Daenym> however
<Ullar> THIS MEANS ANOTHER NEUTRAL
<Spiffy> Daenym have you been killing
<Spiffy> us
<Daenym> I killed IPL and tas
<Daenym> yes
<Spiffy> OH
<Daenym> however
<Spiffy> MY
<Spiffy> GOD
<Spiffy> WHAT
<Spiffy> THE FUCK
<Spiffy> WERE YOU THINKING
<Daenym> I don't need anyone else dead in here
<Ullar> SHITSHITSHIT
<Spiffy> you already know we need you dead
<Daenym> and I'm happy to let myself die after my WC is fulfilled
<Spiffy> so that's bullshit
<Spiffy> forward me your role PM
<Ullar> what is ur WC if we may so boldly ask.
<Daenym> I win if the other neutrals win, even if I die
<Spiffy> there are other neutrals?
<Daenym> yes
<Spiffy> then I'm posting in the thread
<Daenym> no
<Daenym> stop
<Spiffy> why
<Daenym> because we can just kill them off
<Daenym> the Noise, I mean
<Spiffy> did you damage Slim and Ullar
<Daenym> no
<Daenym> that was all Noise
<Spiffy> and why on earth
<Spiffy> did you kill both tas and ipl
<Spiffy> one would be ok but like
<Daenym> I killed the 2 roles I needed dead from the Taboo
<Daenym> I need 4 other roles dead
<Spiffy> how on earth could we have prevented that
<Daenym> 1 was Quags
<Daenym> so I need 3 more roles to die
<Daenym> and then you guys can have all of my stuff
<Spiffy> forward me your role PM
<Ullar> so we play sidekick now.
<Daenym> no
<Spiffy> how do I know
<Ullar> ._.
<Daenym> and if you try to fuck with me
<Spiffy> that if you win
<Daenym> I'm going to OHKO you this cycle
<Spiffy> that we don't lose
<Spiffy> I am obviously not going to fuck with you I have no choice
<Ullar> Same here.
<Spiffy> but at least tell me your win condition
<Daenym> I have confirmed with acklow that if one of the pairs wins I will remain itg
<Spiffy> please tell me more
<Acklow> I can also confirm that more than one faction can win
<Spiffy> about the other neutrals
<Daenym> they need 6 people dead total
<Ullar> I sense Neku is involved.
<Daenym> I have killed 3
<Daenym> so far
<Daenym> Rediamond is a 4th
<Daenym> we haven't found the other two yet
<Ullar> so all nonmonster roles basically.
<Daenym> but we're narrowing it down
<Daenym> and they're all Noise
<Daenym> so at this point
<Daenym> there is no reason for you to not coorperate fully, because any crossfire is just hurting your chances of winning
<Daenym> so essentially
<Daenym> you just continue to cooperate
<Daenym> like last cycle
<Daenym> because it SHOULD have been a 4 kill cycle
<Ullar> so we DO play sidekick.**no problem with that persoanlly.
<Daenym> but idk what happened with layell
<Spiffy> daenym we can't win with you
<Daenym> I assume acklow has retarded healer roles on the Noise
<Spiffy> we need you dead
<Ullar> no sarcasm there.
<Daenym> yes you can
<Spiffy> I don't know that
<Daenym> once I "win"
<Daenym> then I can die
<Spiffy> what is your win condition then
<Spiffy> Daenym I can't buy this though
<Ullar> to eliminate the six.
<Daenym> I win if one of more of the neutral pairs survives
<Daenym> ie wins
<Daenym> and spiffy if you publicize this in the thread
<Daenym> I will turn everyone against you
<Daenym> and basically wipe out this whole faction
<Daenym> in one show
<Spiffy> daenym obviously
<Daenym> *shot
<Ullar> eep.
<Daenym> because I know you cannot defend
<Daenym> Acklow
<Daenym> any time now
<Acklow> I can confirm
<Acklow> that once Daenym wins
<Acklow> the taboo can win
<Daenym> there we go
<Spiffy> ok
<Daenym> so we're going to more or less continue with the offensive I've been leading
<Acklow> likewise, the opposite is true as well
<Daenym> also don't bother attacking ginga
<Daenym> he's harmless
<Spiffy> lol
<Spiffy> another of your neutral buddies?
<Spiffy> Daenym what offensive have you been leading
<Daenym> I wasn't happy that slim kept attacking him
<Spiffy> no one on the Noise is dying
<Daenym> the one that was supposed to end in 4 kills tonight
<Daenym> but I got 2
<Spiffy> this is such bullshit
<Daenym> because some retarded shit happened with Layell and Redc
<Spiffy> so ipl and tas' roles
<Spiffy> were meant to die
<Spiffy> in the beginning of the game
<Daenym> IPL was pretty boned
<Daenym> yes
<Daenym> but tas I inspected C0
<Spiffy> how is there not even a warning in tas' PM about this
<Ullar> lucky guess then.
<Spiffy> but whatever
<Daenym> everyone was fully aware of the potential of moles
<Spiffy> so wtf do we do daenym
<Daenym> I'm thinking
<Daenym> anyway
<Daenym> the pin cereza used
<Daenym> us the one ginga used to have
<Daenym> *is
<Ullar> so i be right.
<Daenym> hence why I said she may be thief
<Spiffy> Daenym does the Noise really have all these healing/BG roles
<Daenym> and my original inspect was stolen as well
<Ullar> I said that.
<Spiffy> or have you just been not attacking
<Daenym> I used to be able to hit 2 roles at once
<Daenym> but when my pin leveled up to 4
<Daenym> it lost the second target
<Ullar> lol
<Daenym> so I was attacking who I said I was
<Daenym> but other people too
<Daenym> but I very much killed Metal Bagon, yes
<Daenym> and obviously your roles were doing what they said they were
<Spiffy> so
<Spiffy> Taboo Noise are fucked in this game form the getgo
<Ullar> p. much
<Daenym> if we can kill off enough noise
<Daenym> then idc if you kill me
<Daenym> so no, you're not fucked
<Ullar> only somewhat screwed.
<Daenym> once I kill the 6 roles I need to kill
<Spiffy> no we're fucked
<Ullar> we DO have neutrals on our side now.
<Daenym> then I'll just attack myself
<Spiffy> the Noise know me
<Spiffy> and Slim and Ullar are practically dead
<Ullar> so it falls to gall. :<
<Spiffy> no
<Ullar> heh.
<Ullar> I am not giving up yet.
<Ullar> This is my first game. I want to at least go out blazing.
<Ullar> what with our...admittedly deceitful alies we can clinch this.
<Ullar> itll be close. but with a bit of luck we can do it.
<Daenym> ftr, other than killing IPL and tas
<Acklow> btw
<Daenym> I've been an excellent teammate :P
<Acklow> there is a reason
<Acklow> why I have been reluctant
<Acklow> *was
<Acklow> about what the faction set up was
<Spiffy> um no
<Spiffy> daenym you must realize how awful this is
<Spiffy> for TN
<Daenym> spiffy
<Daenym> up to this point
<Daenym> every kill
<Ullar> so why cant ginga come in here now?
<Daenym> has been directly orchestrated by me
<Ullar> heh.
<Spiffy> congrats I don't care
<Spiffy> -_-
<Ullar> the Composer orchestrated
<Spiffy> ok daenym
<Spiffy> can you please
<Spiffy> exit the chat
<Daenym> no
<Daenym> because at this point
<Daenym> your best bety
<Daenym> is to continue with coordinating with my attacks
<Ullar> I agree with Daenym.
<Daenym> because I only need to kill Noise now
<Daenym> if Acklow's setup wasn't retardedly biased toward the Noise
<Daenym> then they would have 4 deaths
<Acklow> actually
<Acklow> my setup is retardedly biased
<Acklow> towards the neutrals
<Acklow> js
<Ullar> XD
<Daenym> and if you guys crossfire with the neutrals
<Daenym> and not the Noise
<Daenym> you will 100% lose
<Spiffy> yes I realize that
<Ullar> Spiffy. Daenym is our only fucking lifeline.
<Daenym> so booting me from the chat is pointless
<Daenym> because I need to know how to coordinate all the attacks
<Ullar> and why shouldnt ginga come in here
<Ullar> seeing as the alliance is now public
<Spiffy> no the alliance is not public
<Spiffy> and you are to say NOTHING aoub it
<Spiffy> about it*
<Daenym> because he'll bicker with you even more than I do
<Spiffy> publicly
<Ullar> lemme rephrase.
<Ullar> Daenym admitted to being neutral.
<Spiffy> and?
<Daenym> anyway
<Daenym> Layell and Red are still Noise I want dead
<Daenym> I'm furious that failed
<Daenym> and have no clue how Galladiator's attack failed if Slim's did not
<Spiffy> Daenym do you have any protection
<Spiffy> whatsoever
<Daenym> not that I can spare
<Daenym> we only have 1 protective role
<Spiffy> how many of you are there
<Daenym> enough
<Daenym> anyway
<Ullar> by my calcs.
<Ullar> there are six
<Ullar> yw.
<Daenym> Layell/Rediamond/Jalmont/Ace are currently my primary targets
<Ullar> ...or ive.
<Daenym> with Walrein sort of up there
<Ullar> five
<Daenym> but aong those 4 are almost certainly the 3 roles I need dead
<Spiffy> ugh Daenym
<Spiffy> you probably exit the game when you win
<Spiffy> and then we're screwed with the rest of the Noise
<Daenym> no
<Daenym> because acklow said
<Daenym> you can win with me
<Spiffy> ok great but
<Spiffy> you can still exit the game
<Daenym> so I'll just stick around and slay Noise
<Daenym> and then you can kill me whenever
<Daenym> and besides, if I'm sure of stuff working
<Daenym> I can pass you guys my pins
<Ullar> yeah. six.
<Spiffy> no we have no proof that you stick around when you win
<Ullar> Oh Acklow...
<Spiffy> also where did Ace come from
<Spiffy> inthat list of your primary targets
<Acklow> yes Ullar?
<Daenym> acklow has confirmed to me that one of my two potential WCs is completed
<Daenym> I remain in game
<Ullar> does Daenym stick around once his six ar
<Ullar> oh
<Acklow> also
<Acklow> Spiffy
<Acklow> :
<Daenym> and currently I'm one kill away from completing that iirc
<Spiffy> can acklow confirm that right here
<Acklow> Spiffy: Acklow if a player wins the game
<Acklow> [6:28pm] Spiffy: are they removed from the game?
<Acklow> [6:29pm] Acklow: are you asking this in context to Daenym/Joshua?
<Acklow> [6:29pm] Spiffy: in general
<Acklow> [6:29pm] Acklow: in general, yes
<Acklow> [6:29pm] Acklow: in context to Daenym/Joshua
<Acklow> [6:29pm] Acklow: well
<Acklow> [6:29pm] Acklow: there may or may not be an exemption
<Acklow> [6:47pm]
<Acklow> why do you not believe me?
<Spiffy> you could just be saying that because he brought it up
<Spiffy> -_-
<Acklow> thou of little faith
<Acklow> well
<Acklow> as a host
<Acklow> I have to remain unbiased
<Acklow> though
<Acklow> I will tip things
<Daenym> acklow if Kariya dies this cycle
<Acklow> here and there
<Acklow> in your favor
<Acklow> :P
<Daenym> will I remain in game?
<Spiffy> um yeah I'm kind of in the shittiest position ever
<Acklow> yes
<Spiffy> so a hint
<Spiffy> would be nice
<Daenym> there
<Acklow> @Daenym
<Spiffy> :D
<Daenym> Kariya is the one role I need to kill to fill one of my WCs
<Spiffy> who is Kariya
<Daenym> and I will remain in-game after that happens
<Daenym> some Noise
<Daenym> who is likely among the 4 targets I gave you
<Ullar> I imagine tas and ipl raged when they got the shett
<Ullar> sheet
<Ullar> XD
Please notice I repeatedly say that I wasn't going to out him and it would be fucking stupid of me. At the time of this conversation I had no intention of outing you.

Then I realized that the Noise (well Walrein at least) knew pretty much all the TN members, since Gall and I were inspected and Slim and Ullar were taking damage. So I proposed a "cycle truce" to Walrein shown here:

<Spiffy> hey walrein
<Walrein> Hey
<Spiffy> ok let me cut to the chase
<Spiffy> I am indeed a Taboo Noise
<Walrein> I got
<Walrein> Your pm
<Walrein> Oh
<Spiffy> yeah ik xD
<Walrein> This is about THAT
<Spiffy> so listen to me
<Walrein> :/
<Spiffy> Joshua is the MUCH bigger threat than us
<Spiffy> we're down two members and are already severely damaged
<Spiffy> Joshua has 4 neutrals at his disposal that need to take us both down
<Spiffy> we need to weaken him before we take eachother out
<Spiffy> so I come to you
<Spiffy> PLEADING
<Spiffy> that you help us out
<Spiffy> I can give you a neutral or two that you guys can attack
<Spiffy> I promise that we will not attack anyone from your faction
<Walrein> You know what would be cool?
<Walrein> Joshua's name
<Spiffy> I don't know Joshua
<Spiffy> I know two of his neutrals
<Walrein> We have a couple of possibilities marked down, but nothing concrete
<Spiffy> ginganinja and flamestrike are two of his neutrals
<Spiffy> I heard from them that apparently Joshua has to take out 5 or 6 rolenames in order to win
<Spiffy> he took out his two on Taboo Noise
<Walrein> I see
<Spiffy> so he is setting his sights on you guys
<Walrein> Mm
<Spiffy> so what do you say
<Spiffy> a cycle of truce
<Spiffy> to weaken joshua
<Walrein> A cycle of truce, sure
<Walrein> But ONLY a cycle
<Walrein> Anyways
<Spiffy> so would you like to coordinate attacks
<Walrein> I can tell you that Daenym and probably Ace Emerald are neutral
<Spiffy> really?
<Walrein> I suspect that Daenym is most likely to be Joshua
<Spiffy> well we can have them inspected
<Walrein> So can we
<Spiffy> ok who are you gonna inspect
<Walrein> Daenym
<Spiffy> I'll inspect Ace
<Spiffy> ok that works
<Spiffy> you attack ginganinja
<Spiffy> and I'll attack flamestrike
<Spiffy> well my faction will ***
<Walrein> Well
<Walrein> We'd rather attack daenym tbh
<Walrein> I am
<Walrein> 99% sure
<Walrein> He is Joshua
<Spiffy> really
<Spiffy> ?
<Spiffy> how do you know
<Walrein> You said Joshua needs to kill certain targets, right
<Spiffy> yes
<Spiffy> that's what I was told
<Walrein> Daenym has come to me saying he needs specific members of my faction dead
<Spiffy> lol what
<Spiffy> then he must be neutral...
<Walrein> Yea
<Walrein> I know THAT
<Walrein> Brb switching to comp
<Spiffy> so he may be one of the neutrals or Joshua
<Spiffy> ok
<Spiffy> ok so
<Spiffy> you guys attack Daenym?
<Walrein> that's the plan
<Spiffy> and we'll get Flamestrike
<Spiffy> oh and to show that I'm genuine
<Spiffy> we have a healer, if you'd like us to heal anyone
<Walrein> nah
<Walrein> its all good
<Walrein> besides
<Spiffy> ok
<Walrein> i'd rather not give you the names of weakened noise ;)
<Spiffy> lol
<Spiffy> suit yourself
<Spiffy> oh well good luck this faction
<Spiffy> hopefully at least one neutral is dead by the end of this cycle
<Walrein> hopefully
I brought up ginganinja and Flamestrike because they were the only neutrals I knew of at the time, and Daenym had revealed to me that he had to win with only one of the neutral pairs so I really didn't care if one of them died. I was kind of scared Cycle 5 because of course I picked to out the guy I needed to help me win the game.

But Daenym, as you can see, Walrein was the one that brought YOU up, not me. >:(

And also, who was the bitch that inspected me. :(

Layell #mami was the Taboo Noise channel. I guess something went wrong with the modes, as I /whois'd paperblade and I saw it. I made an alt and entered it (yes I was spheal) and found the taboo noise there. It didn't really matter in the end, seeing that we were severely outnumbered (I think?)

Overall I had a ton of fun with this game, I just wish I got involved sooner/was playing from the start.

@ Spiffy

I see you suggesting Flame and ginga as targets as trying to fuck me over just as much as if you'd suggested me yourself ;/

And you can see that I got a little too loose with info after I outed myself to Spiffy. I was having a really bad day, though, so I wasn't really thinking properly. In hindsight I should have let him just ask publicly. It would have meant Walrein wouldn't trust the "peace cycle" as much, which would have probably meant I survived that cycle while the Taboo died like they were supposed to.

And for someone who had just been talking about how he was going to try and work with Joshua, Spiffy was certainly difficult to work with after I claimed to him.

@ Jalmont

Apparently Acklow made the channel. And he sucks at mlock, so their modes dropped when no one was around. Had I been invited the modes wouldn't have dropped, js.

Also, on the subject of Spheal. I found it to be retarded and in ridiculously poor taste. Anon irc alts are stupid and you making a habit of using them makes me think less of you. Can't say how others feel, tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)